Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gun control.... I don't agree with the 2nd Amendment of the USA, the right to violence, the right for many to bear arms, fine if it's for hunting for food, but many Americans carry it around for self defense, even many Christian Americans, in the news the other day 20 school shootings had already happened in the US this year and statistics show that there are 30000 gun related deaths per year in the USA, we are nowhere near that number in Australia. Keeping a gun for self defense alone is a dangerous thing.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't encourage violence, when Jesus was being arrested, Peter chopped off the ear of a high priests servant (Malthus) and then Jesus said to Peter "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and he will provide me with more than twelve legions of angels? How then could the scriptures be fulfilled that it must happen this?"

And then there are all the many Bible verses that say do not worry, do not fear, trust in Jesus, and there are examples of persecution in the New Testament where they trusted God, and didn't turn to bearing arms and harming prison guards or killing Jew's in self defence, etc. etc.

And what are you doing when you turn to your gun, it's worry, it's fear, it's the flesh's thinking of what do I do if God don't protect me in this situation, and that's not trusting in God, it's not turning the other cheek, it's forgetting that miracles can happen through Jesus, even in times of danger. There are testimonies of bullets going through Christians without harming them, there are testimonies of Christians surviving gun attacks unarmed, and coming out alive, there are testimonies of people getting healed by Jesus of the worst of wounds. What are American Christians afraid of to need to place their security in guns, Jesus can intervene in anyway in any situation, even in a dangerous one.

So the question many need to ask themselves is do you trust in God or your guns?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the question many need to ask themselves is do you trust in God or your guns?

Well, when a guy storms into your house to rape your daughter or your wife you could say a prayer.
Of course you can also grab your gun and shoot the pervert.

So, what would you do at that moment, Josho?
Remember, there were a lot of praying people in the German concentration camps, but they still ended up getting tortured and killed.
So did many people during the reformation in Europe.

Do we trust God? Yes, we do because we know as Christians where we'll end up.
But things are not as simple as a lot of people think.

Should the allies not have fought against the Nazis?
After all, many of the allies were also born again Christians.

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, when a guy storms into your house to rape your daughter or your wife you could say a prayer.
Of course you can also grab your gun and shoot the pervert.

So, what would you do at that moment, Josho?
Remember, there were a lot of praying people in the German concentration camps, but they still ended up getting tortured and killed.
So did many people during the reformation in Europe.

Do we trust God? Yes, we do because we know as Christians where we'll end up.
But things are not as simple as a lot of people think.

Should the allies not have fought against the Nazis?
After all, many of the allies were also born again Christians.

Well in Lot's situation, the Sodomites got struck with blindness by God. So yes God can intervene in a situation like that too.

But that is if it ever happens.... No one has ever stormed into my and my parents house in their lifetime, and I wouldn't wish for a intruder to break into my house or anyone else's house, if you got a gun for that reason you are fearing for the worst, but the point is you and I are living in the now, why live in fear about it, in the now we can put our trust in Jesus for his protection to cover us in all things.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Trust in God for ALL of my provisions.

The Lord teaches how to restore and preserve one to have Spiritual Life Forever.

The Lord teaches how to preserve one to have Natural Life to; Hear, Keep, Preserve, and Share His Word.

If a thief be found breaking up, and BE SMITTEN THAT HE DIE,
There shall be no blood shed for him.
Ex 22:3

The TOOL one may use for DEFENCE is irrelevant. It may be his own hands, a knife, a sword, a gun, etc.

Scripture teaches repeatedly the Lord PREPARES.

Scripture teaches repeatedly to BE Like the Lord.

Scripture teaches repeatedly THIEVES scurry about IN and OF the World.

A man being PREPARED to ACT, AGAINST A Sneaking, Surprising Thief, IS well taught in Scripture.

How the man so PREPARED WILL ACT, in any given situation, is also well taught in Scripture; The Lord is Always with those WHOM have Trusted to Elect God.

A man AGAINST guns, is like a man AGAINST knives, swords, vehicles, hammers, etc.

A man who thinks Trusting a firing pin will engage comparing that Trust to God, is nonsense.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As Christians we are called to value the image of God in the lives of others even as we protect the weak and vulnerable (Ps. 82:3-4; Prov. 31:8-9; Isa. 1:17; 1 Tim. 5:8).
In some cases the defense of the weak may require intervention with an attacker.
Though undesirable, this action could prevent further loss of life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this happens quite a bit in your neck of the woods, does it?
no fear-mongering here at all, right

"Fear-mongering"... another political invention to invoke keeping ones speech silenced.

Come on man ~ Breakins occur everywhere, even the Whitehouse.

How it is "fear-mongering" to speak the truth and acknowledge some people support being prepared for "surprise attacks", by having and carrying defense mechanisms.

Do you also think it "fear-mothering" to speak of automobile crashes and being supportative of being prepared for "surprise crashes", by having and carrying auto/hospital insurance?

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's a lot of talk these days about school shootings and teenagers getting killed.
Yes, it's very bad.

Should we outlaw guns?

How about the 1000+ teenagers that are getting killed every year in the US because of alcohol related accidents?
Shouldn't that be a concern?

Should we outlaw alcohol, should we outlaw vehicles?

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of talk these days about school shootings and teenagers getting killed.
Yes, it's very bad.

Should we outlaw guns?

How about the 1000+ teenagers that are getting killed every year in the US because of alcohol related accidents?
Shouldn't that be a concern?

Should we outlaw alcohol, should we outlaw vehicles?

Maybe we should outlaw children....lol

Seriously thou, there was a reason for Gods design that PARENTS be steeped in the Word of God, and keep their kids with them and also steep them in a foundation, preparing them to become adults.

Nearly from the time a child is born TODAY, tons of kids are separated from their parents for nearly the entire day.....and not to mention the tons of kids from baby forward on "medications". Why wouldn't street drugs be a viable choice? They are trained DRUGS are the answer to everything!! :(

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel of Jesus Christ doesn't encourage violence, when Jesus was being arrested, Peter chopped off the ear of a high priests servant (Malthus) and then Jesus said to Peter "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and he will provide me with more than twelve legions of angels? How then could the scriptures be fulfilled that it must happen this?"

It seems you do not have understanding of the WHOLE context.

Context:
Jesus had been teaching the disciple of what was going to happen TO Jesus Himself.

Jesus already KNEW He was betrayed, and Judas would lead the soldiers to the Garden to arrest Jesus.

Jesus TOLD His disciple to sell their possessions and BUY a SWORD.

Why did Jesus tell Peter to put away his Sword?

Peter was trying to DEFEND Jesus.

Jesus did NOT tell His disciples to buy a SWORD to defend Jesus! Jesus was EXPECTING to be taken by the soldiers.
Jesus Himself had no intent to resist, nor instructed His disciples to try an prevent Jesus' arrest.

The Swords for the disciples was for their own person defense, should a soldier attack them with their swords.

It all hinges on being PREPARED. And knowing how to handle a situation when it arises.

By and through Law, those in authority have the lawful authority to detain, arrest, people. And by law, the people are to obey.

Yet if without provocation one attacks another, even Jesus, taught to be Prepared.

Luke 22:36 .... be prepared

Luke 22:49 .... disciple asking Jesus should they use their sword.

EH!

Before Jesus answered one disciple struck one of the men.

Eh!

Jesus told him to sheath his sword.
And then healed the mans injury.

Lesson - Be prepared, but also know if your preparation is necessary for defense.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ok, see you guys, have a nice day
"Fear-mongering"... another political invention to invoke keeping ones speech silenced.

Come on man ~ Breakins occur everywhere, even the Whitehouse.
everywhere in the world, yes
How it is "fear-mongering" to speak the truth and acknowledge some people support being prepared for "surprise attacks", by having and carrying defense mechanisms.
you insulate yourself from God, Who uses these to get your attention.
the truth is actually more like "all of your fears will come true for you"

"Surprise attacks" are to be met with "defense mechanisms" by Lost People, of the world, not sheep dressed for slaughter

i know you are convinced that this is not true, but i would think the lack of support for the pov in the Book alone would suffice there?
i mean how much further away from "turn the other cheek" can you even get?
Do you also think it "fear-mothering" to speak of automobile crashes and being supportative of being prepared for "surprise crashes", by having and carrying auto/hospital insurance?
not sure 'fear-mongering' fits there, since that kind of insurance mostly protects the other guy, but the paradigm is nonetheless warped anyway, the whole planet is basically swimming in your exhaust now

I understand that a personal auto seems normal to you now, but i would invite you to reflect upon that concept through a different lens. History is going to judge you insane, ok, do you really want that? Record high today here, and you are still driving a car lol, just yikes. virtually all mass transits an embarrassing shambles, and you are dutifully sending your daily $10 to Saudi Arabian lunatics?

changing your mind sux tho, i know, and i do not mean to judge you here, ok

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, see you guys, have a nice day
everywhere in the world, yes

you insulate yourself from God, Who uses these to get your attention.

"Surprise attacks" are to be met with "defense mechanisms" by Lost People, of the world, not sheep dressed for slaughter

i know you are convinced that this is not true, but i would think the lack of support for the pov in the Book alone would suffice there?
i mean how much further away from "turn the other cheek" can you even get?

not sure 'fear-mongering' fits there, since that kind of insurance mostly protects the other guy, but the paradigm is nonetheless warped anyway, the whole planet is basically swimming in your exhaust now

I understand that a personal auto seems normal to you now, but i would invite you to reflect upon that concept through a different lens. History is going to judge you insane, ok, do you really want that? Record high today here, and you are still driving a car lol, just yikes. virtually all mass transits an embarrassing shambles, and you are dutifully sending your daily $10 to Saudi Arabian lunatics?

changing your mind sux tho, i know, and i do not mean to judge you here, ok

Not sure what this mess of mumbo jumbo is supposed to be conveying......but appears you are saying I am insane and that is based on what you have decided applies to me and that you are not judging me.

Okie okie then...lol

Go Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure what this mess of mumbo jumbo is supposed to be conveying......but appears you are saying I am insane and that is based on what you have decided applies to me and that you are not judging me.

Okie okie then...lol

Go Bless,
Taken
of all the threads you could have chosen to reply to in that, you choose this one?

if i have "decided" that something applies to you there, and it does not, bam present your evidence, maybe i owe you an apology?