Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The United States government isn't the only one to wield power in this country.

well in the case of gun control in the US, it would seem that only the US gov would benefit.

as far as the influence peddling of the politicians in DC to other country interests, that's a whole other subject, they have been selling off this country piece meal since the Clintons. they just honored McCain and he's one of the worst. some time back he was under investigation for receiving large quantities of Saudi money.

actually that's why, I believe, most in Washington and the media don't like trump, trump you can bet, used to be approached by them for contributions for influence, and now he's top dog in their playground.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The United States government isn't the only one to wield power in this country.

And we can say that again..about all countries... "The United States government and all governments aren't the only ones to wield power in the countries."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
17%2B-%2B1

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it were not so serious it might be funny.

I remember when I was a very young Christian only really just learning what the scriptures or anyone meant by the word tithing when one of the ministers in our assembly came by to our house to ask why we were not paying tithes. He did not ask whether or not we thought it was the thing to do, he was asking where the money was. It took a long time for me to fully understand the real problems his question raised. I was very naive in those days. I still am in many ways, but...

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it were not so serious it might be funny.

I remember when I was a very young Christian only really just learning what the scriptures or anyone meant by the word tithing when one of the ministers in our assembly came by to our house to ask why we were not paying tithes. He did not ask whether or not we thought it was the thing to do, he was asking where the money was. It took a long time for me to fully understand the real problems his question raised. I was very naive in those days. I still am in many ways, but...

Levites were the appointed the Tribe of Priests, without Land. Thus to travel and spread the Word of God.

Providing them with a place to sleep, food, necessities, money, was providing them with the necessities for the teaching the Priests provided. That was their Work.

Jesus traveled, teaching, preaching, and did not hold Land or a regular wage paying job.

People provided Him with necessities, food, clothing, money.

That was the intent of "tithing". For one to gladly give support for the one that FEEDS them the Word of God.

Now days Churches are a Business. "THEY" set a goal and a budget, then solicit 'how much" money they require, asking for pledges, to meet the goal.

Many Churches have gone from a humbling place for people to gather and learn and worship and fellowship;
to extravagant mega buildings, where the Preacher as well lives an extravagant life-style, knows few of the congregants, few of the congregants know one another, entertainment, sometimes a fashion show, and often seem to lose the intimacy of a one on one relationship with the Lord and fellowship with others who have the same relationship with the Lord.

$$$$$ often seem to be the Number One goal, as it is in any business.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Levites were the appointed the Tribe of Priests, without Land. Thus to travel and spread the Word of God.

Providing them with a place to sleep, food, necessities, money, was providing them with the necessities for the teaching the Priests provided. That was their Work.
And in our work should we not be saying what Jesus said?

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Jesus traveled, teaching, preaching, and did not hold Land or a regular wage paying job.

People provided Him with necessities, food, clothing, money.

That was the intent of "tithing". For one to gladly give support for the one that FEEDS them the Word of God.

Now days Churches are a Business. "THEY" set a goal and a budget, then solicit 'how much" money they require, asking for pledges, to meet the goal.
It is quite refreshing when we encounter one without such a way of working. I haven't been refreshed like that much lately.

Many Churches have gone from a humbling place for people to gather and learn and worship and fellowship;
to extravagant mega buildings, where the Preacher as well lives an extravagant life-style, knows few of the congregants, few of the congregants know one another, entertainment, sometimes a fashion show, and often seem to lose the intimacy of a one on one relationship with the Lord and fellowship with others who have the same relationship with the Lord.

$$$$$ often seem to be the Number One goal, as it is in any business.

God Bless,
Taken
Even so! I haven't been a member of any of the worst offenders for many years, but I have visited too many where they provided me with good cause to not even revisit...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You omitted the option of Redeemed.

God Bless,
Taken

No one can omit something that's been promised to occur by God. Your guns on the other hand will be proven to be irrelevant when the time comes. Christians who put guns on a pedestal, who hold them in such a high regard, will learn that the hard way.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can omit something that's been promised to occur by God. Your guns on the other hand will be proven to be irrelevant when the time comes. Christians who put guns on a pedestal will learn that the hard way.

People do not put guns on a pedestal.
Nor do people expect to out range a government.
People have and carry to protect their family and selfs from life threatening trespassers.
The Lord has saved me, thus I am not appointed to His Wrath.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in our work should we not be saying what Jesus said?

Sure. But what if one doesn't?
Lose Salvation? No.
Called the Least in the Kingdom of Heaven?
Yes: Matt 5:19
Lose blessings, gifts, rewards? Yes

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Yes. Some strive to be Christ-like after they are Saved, some don't.

It is quite refreshing when we encounter one without such a way of working. I haven't been refreshed like that much lately.

Even so! I haven't been a member of any of the worst offenders for many years, but I have visited too many where they provided me with good cause to not even revisit...

I can believe that!

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure. But what if one doesn't?
Lose Salvation? No.
Called the Least in the Kingdom of Heaven?
Yes: Matt 5:19
Lose blessings, gifts, rewards? Yes

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matt 12:36

So then when we fail to say what Jesus said, are we speaking idle words or not? What words are idle according to God?

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:37

Yes. Some strive to be Christ-like after they are Saved, some don't.
If we don't then what are we saved from? For example, I while I was a practicing Catholic I was a believer. I was OK in some things, [saved?], but then after a I had left Catholicism and God called me elsewhere, I was saved from some of the error in my belief held honestly and sincerely as a Catholic. I moved again later and God saved me again from some of the errors held in that second denomination. I have, I believe, grown then throughout my natural life. If we do not grow toward God while we continue to have time, will we not stagnate and die in delusion?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Matt 12:36

So then when we fail to say what Jesus said, are we speaking idle words or not? What words are idle according to God?

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:37

If we don't then what are we saved from? For example, I while I was a practicing Catholic I was a believer. I was OK in some things, [saved?], but then after a I had left Catholicism and God called me elsewhere, I was saved from some of the error in my belief held honestly and sincerely as a Catholic. I moved again later and God saved me again from some of the errors held in that second denomination. I have, I believe, grown then throughout my natural life. If we do not grow toward God while we continue to have time, will we not stagnate and die in delusion?

Salvation is the precise saving of the soul.

If you were saved from erroneous information, that is simply being revealed the truth of God, rather than the truth of men.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People do not put guns on a pedestal.
Nor do people expect to out range a government.
People have and carry to protect their family and selfs from life threatening trespassers.
The Lord has saved me, thus I am not appointed to His Wrath.

God Bless,
Taken

You don't know people who have fallen in love with their guns and expect to be able to shoot it out with the state? I guess I was around the wrong crowd too often because there are lots and lots of them. Mind you, the "government" isn't even what I was referring to, but your lawful right to own guns isn't meant to just protect you from thugs on the street.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know people who have fallen in love with their guns and expect to be able to shoot it out with the state? I guess I was around the wrong crowd too often because there are lots and lots of them. Mind you, the "government" isn't even what I was referring to, but your lawful right to own guns isn't meant to just protect you from thugs on the street.

I didn't mention thugs on the street, and was inclined toward family, homes and property.
And sure there is hunting, and competition, and people who can appreciate the workmanship in the look of the gun itself.
Those inclined to have it out with the state, so to speak, I would say are a fringe of small groups with big ideas.

God Bless,
Taken

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mention thugs on the street, and was inclined toward family, homes and property.
And sure there is hunting, and competition, and people who can appreciate the workmanship in the look of the gun itself.
Those inclined to have it out with the state, so to speak, I would say are a fringe of small groups with big ideas.

God Bless,
Taken

"People have and carry to protect their family and selfs from life threatening trespassers."

I would take this statement as protecting the well being of your life and others you personally care for from thugs on the street, you know, those looking to "trespass", which is what thugs do. But really, I'm not here to argue with what is obvious, not interested in semantics.

Reactions: Taken