Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok, so basically a war ensues then right? We know how Americans love guns, as they are glorified and put on a pedestal. Do you think a kind of war would ensue between the state and gun owners? Will there be door to door confiscations? This is what the 'alternative' media keeps claiming every time anything happens.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The motive is to show what someone can do with these rifles.

They want to repeal the 2nd amendment.

No doubt, the liberal, atheistic, left will use this to try and repeal the 2nd amendment, or at least get more gun control. But is that a motive for the shooter?

When you say 'they' then you include a lot of others in this shooting. A plot and conspiracy.

I don't believe at this time that this was a plot or conspiracy. But I do believe the shooter had a definite motive, which is already known, but the authorities are unwilling to say. We will give them some time to see what they come up with.

I am thinking they will come up with something like a mentally deranged person and it was just an unfortunate and horrible event. Sort of like when a black individual breaks into a home and kills several people, that it is labeled a robbery gone bad. No kidden. I think this is going to have the same flavor.

You don't prepare to kill a vast amount of people without a motive.

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's what I'm saying. There is video evidence.

Well as far as some plot to repeal the 2nd amendment, or confiscate our guns, I just don't see that happening. How many of these mass shootings have we seen in the last thirty years? And still nothing happened to your rights. Its not something I'm concerned about at all.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, which let's be honest ppl never hurt kids in front of their parents anyway, and this whole scenario is the result of too much tv imo, but regardless, the point i meant to make is that if your belief = "i have to die to be with the Lord," then your perception must be that "physical death = promotion," so why would you keep your kid from being promoted?

a thought exercise iow, for people who...ah, i don't even know what to say here, approach God through religion and logic, don't trust God to protect them, dunno. It does not even make logical sense iow
Of course...Yeah if we could just all come to the consensus that we DON'T have to wait until we're in Heaven, that the whole thing was not just so we could be saved at the end of our physical existence , but to be restored to actual fellowship with our wonderful Father....I'm with you, I simply cannot follow some peoples 'logic' in this...

Reactions: bbyrd009

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well as far as some plot to repeal the 2nd amendment, or confiscate our guns, I just don't see that happening. How many of these mass shootings have we seen in the last thirty years? And still nothing happened to your rights. Its not something I'm concerned about at all.

I'm not concerned with it either, I'm just stating the facts.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course...Yeah if we could just all come to the consensus that we DON'T have to wait until we're in Heaven, that the whole thing was not just so we could be saved at the end of our physical existence , but to be restored to actual fellowship with our wonderful Father....I'm with you, I simply cannot follow some peoples 'logic' in this...

What logic would that be?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not concerned with it either, I'm just stating the facts.

Well you believe there is a conspiracy behind these events to go after our guns. There may or may not be. Like I said before, if it were to occur at all, it would be during the beasts reign of terror, not before. That's the only time I can see this being plausible. In fact, people seem to forget that Jesus himself will enforce a mass disarmament of every nation during his millennial reign as well regardless. Scripture assures us that it won't be the age of of machine guns, bombs and missiles. Jesus Christ will tolerate none of that.

(Micah 4:1-7) "But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. {2} And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. {3} ¶ And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. {4} But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. {5} For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. {6} In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; {7} And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is clear to me that the authorities are now trying to create the motive instead of stating it. I read this morning that they believe the shooter had some undiagnosed mental illness. And they act like they just can't find any motive, thus it is going to be mental illness that they blame it on. I don't buy that at all.

At the beginning they were quick to point out that the shooter had no racial, religious, or political reasons to motivate him to do this. They cite that he was not part of any group or organization. But just because you are not part of an organization doesn't mean you don't have a world view, a political view. Everyone has a political view. And I believe it is this shooters political view that motivated him to do what he did. Just like the shooter who shot the Republicans at the baseball practice. The anger and hate of the left was and is so great that he was willing to kill as many Republicans as he could. The divisions of atheistic left and Christian right are now that serious.

So, what type of people did he target? Those at a country/western concert. And what type of people dominate a country/western concert? Usually white conservatives. The kind that vote for Trump. The left has demonized the right to the point where their members are willing to kill members of the right. And I believe that is exactly what was done in Las Vegas.

You may disagree, but think on this. A university professor in Nevada blamed Trump for the shootings. And though she was wrong about the blame she was on course for the motive. Trump would be an indirect motive, where as the shooters hatred for those who vote for Trump was the direct motive.

Michelle Obama herself has labeled the Republican party white racist. Though racism played no role in this shooting, she is proof of the Left's effort to label and demonizing the conservatives. And all this hate rhetoric, which it is, has inflamed the left to do this kinds of things. And of course the leftist media has played it's role as well and is equally responsible.

There is no reason for the authorities to not know the motive. Just like there is no reasons for them to not know the guns which were used. Yet they remain silent. Why? Such a thing is too appalling to think on. Too appalling to admit. Too appalling to be responsible for. But I believe that is where we are at in this country. As I have said before, the divisions are too great. The one cannot live with the other.

Stranger

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any opinions on what really happened in Vegas?

I believe there were multiple shooters and that Paddock was dead before the shooting even started. I don't know what organization conducted this operation but I believe their ultimate goal is to get our guns.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know what organization conducted this operation but I believe their ultimate goal is to get our guns.

Any thoughts?

I have no fresh thoughts , but I totally agree that there is a conspiracy to disarm and control the people by the Elite.
Gun's do not kill people...people kill people.
If it is believed that 'guns kill people'...then ban and confiscate all cars and trucks too...because "vehicles kill people" ....which crazy thinking....it is PEOPLE that kill.

Reactions: amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe there were multiple shooters and that Paddock was dead before the shooting even started. I don't know what organization conducted this operation but I believe their ultimate goal is to get our guns.

Any thoughts?

not imposable but not likely when the republicans are in power. the incident with the selling of guns under the pretext of tracking them backfired when a boarder patrol was killed by one some years back during early obama. that was for sure an effort to promote gun control that failed. same with the Waco incident that also blew up in the governments face. there was a truck load of damage control on that one, the dem's were in power at the time (Clintons). thing is government wants that absolute power over its people. and they go as far as trying to convince the public via tv show after tv show that you don't need to protect yourself, and you shouldn't protect yourself, only gov authority should protect you and have guns.

but if there were as you say, you won't know about it, nor hear about it, unless it can be spun to serve the reporter's purposes.