Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus ask us not to resist an evil man ?
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

We are, on the other hand, to resist the devil. So, it is a judgement call based on the circumstances...as Job has presented.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We are, on the other hand, to resist the devil. So, it is a judgement call based on the circumstances...as Job has presented.
Job has stated that he has guns specifically so that he can shoot the devil though, you might get some clarification there, as i misunderstood there apparently

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, not hairy at all, if you aren't a hypocrite imo. I mean, if you can't wait to die to be with Jesus, why would you not consider a family member being attacked a blessing, or at least as coming from God?

Hypocrites are people who attempt to follow standards. The only way to be human and avoid hypocrisy is to drop all standards - i choose hypocrisy and beg forgiveness

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't deny there is a problem with gun violence in this country, but the guns themselves are not the problem. It's the ones pulling the trigger.

This is a dumb argument. It advocates for gun regulation. If people are responsible for killing people using guns than people need to be vetted and trained and monitored and restricted from using guns to kill people.

People who want to own weapons should be regulated.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This is a dumb argument. It advocates for gun regulation. If people are responsible for killing people using guns than people need to be vetted and trained and monitored and restricted from using guns to kill people.

You're right. It would be more effective to cut off people's hands that way they couldn't wield any weapon.

Reactions: Job and bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're right. It would be more effective to cut off people's hands that way they couldn't wield any weapon.

Amen! Ridiculous reasoning is Right reasoning!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hypocrites are people who attempt to follow standards. The only way to be human and avoid hypocrisy is to drop all standards - i choose hypocrisy and beg forgiveness
me too, pretty much lol.

or actually another way to see that is i have standards, but i do not expect others to adhere to them, which i believe better describes a hypocrite possibly, iow i would change that to "hypocrites are people who attempt to enforce their standards upon others."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ah, now that imo is hypocrisy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
me too, pretty much lol.

or actually another way to see that is i have standards, but i do not expect others to adhere to them, which i believe better describes a hypocrite possibly, iow i would change that to "hypocrites are people who attempt to enforce their standards upon others."

I think that is certainly part of it. I think Jesus called the Pharisees out for punishing people for not following standards no one was truly following. Hypocrisy leads to worshiping an external law at the expense of people

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that is certainly part of it. I think Jesus called the Pharisees out for punishing people for not following standards no one was truly following. Hypocrisy leads to worshiping an external law at the expense of people

Do you own a gun? Be honest???

Stranger

Reactions: Job

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I own many guns. I sell guns. All kinds. Have AR's, mini 14's, Ak's, ect....
I would not defend myself or my family with them. I understand how people feel a security in owning a gun for self defense. I don't.
I hunt and target shoot. I love guns. I'm likely viewed as a pacifist hypocrite by many. I don't believe in gun regulation. It doesn't work. I lived for years in Houston Tx and rarely met a "legal" gun owner. Besides, the OKC bomber didn't need guns to murder 168 people. If a person wants to be evil, heavy regulation isn't gonna slow them down.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Job

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How you gonna regulate the boyz in the hood?

That's where most the problems lie.

You believe they are not regulated? They are a cash cow for law enforcement

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You live in denial.

If we were serious about gun violence in America, we would stop it. So far, its too profitable to give up

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I do not see a need to own a gun.

You shouldn't go putting up a gun free zone sign in your front yard. The threat of being shot must be a deterrent.