Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luck went out the window the day the Lord invited me to His table. :D

:rolleyes: Yeah, yet John says the saints are overcome....so like I said good luck. I'm personally looking forward to dying for the testimony of the Lord rather than fighting what will be a loosing battle. The battle isn't mine, its the Lords, and my rifle will have nothing to do with it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether one puts faith in guns or in no guns, it is vanity.

This is not a faith issue, any more than if one wears shoes or goes barefoot, or is circumcised or not. The greater point, is that neither speaks of the heart or intent, and therefore, neither should be promoted or condemned.

Do not be hypocrites regarding gun control. For example: We may muzzle a dog, or even put it down, but dogs are not to be excluded from society. Likewise, we may limit access to guns, but should not limit the ability to defend against any form of tyranny. That is the challenge. But "power to the people" may in fact require guns, among other things. Good people simply need to come up with good policies, that both public safety as well as tyranny, are kept in check.

Reactions: Job

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think if the shooter was a Muslim......WWIII. Good thing he was a rich white guy - now we can just dismiss him as a lone wolf - what relief!

Oh yeah, and we shouldnt talk about gun control because it is too soon and ‘look what Trump tweeted!’

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think if the shooter was a Muslim......WWWIII. Good thing he was a rich white guy - now we can just dismiss him as a lone wolf - what relief!

Oh yeah, and we shouldnt talk about gun control because it is too soon and ‘look what Trump tweeted!’

When the shooter is a Muslim, he must be a terrorist. When he is black, he is a criminal, or a thug, or bipedal ape. When he is white, the media will generally try and portray him as having a mental illness, or a "lone wolf", like Oswald with the Kennedy assassination.

Reactions: pia and aspen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: Yeah, yet John says the saints are overcome....so like I said good luck. I'm personally looking forward to dying for the testimony of the Lord rather than fighting what will be a loosing battle. The battle isn't mine, its the Lords, and my rifle will have nothing to do with it.

Good for you. When are you moving to the Middle East?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the shooter is a Muslim, he must be a terrorist. When he is black, he is a criminal, or a thug, or bipedal ape. When he is white, the media will generally try and portray him as having a mental illness, or a "lone wolf", like Oswald with the Kennedy assassination.

I take it you're not familiar with the grassy knoll.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you. When are you moving to the Middle East?

Well I would presume at the Lords second coming, you know, where New Jerusalem will be established. You have a problem with that?

I take it you're not familiar with the grassy knoll.

Most certainly, but it doesn't matter, it wasn't the official narrative.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whether one puts faith in guns or in no guns, it is vanity.

This is not a faith issue, any more than if one wears shoes or goes barefoot, or is circumcised or not. The greater point, is that neither speaks of the heart or intent, and therefore, neither should be promoted or condemned.

Do not be hypocrites regarding gun control. For example: We may muzzle a dog, or even put it down, but dogs are not to be excluded from society. Likewise, we may limit access to guns, but should not limit the ability to defend against any form of tyranny. That is the challenge. But "power to the people" may in fact require guns, among other things. Good people simply need to come up with good policies, that both public safety as well as tyranny, are kept in check.
Didn't Jesus ask us not to resist an evil man ?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus ask us not to resist an evil man ?

If your daughter was in danger of serious physical harm, possibly death, and you could stop it, would you?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If your daughter was in danger of serious physical harm, possibly death, and you could stop it, would you?
When I think on such things, which I don't very often as my mind can go half insane at the prospect, I see myself tearing such a person to threads, but what I actually would do, I couldn't say for certain....I wasn't brought up in a country where there were guns, only a few farmers had rifles, although I never actually saw one.....Coming to OZ was a bit different, but they have quite strict laws concerning firearms here, particularly after the Port Arthur massacre.
I just hear so much sadness coming out of the US because of all the guns there.....I put that bit up because I too had been perplexed at that saying, thinking ' but surely we are allowed to defend ourselves ?' But then again Jesus didn't, but of course He wouldn't have as it was His purpose...it's a hairy one for sure.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But then again Jesus didn't, but of course He wouldn't have as it was His purpose...it's a hairy one for sure.
ha, not hairy at all, if you aren't a hypocrite imo. I mean, if you can't wait to die to be with Jesus, why would you not consider a family member being attacked a blessing, or at least as coming from God?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just hear so much sadness coming out of the US because of all the guns there.....

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Consider the source of your news, the liberal media. They are working hand in hand with those who are trying to take this country down. Little do they know that if and when their job is accomplished, they too will be removed.

The right to bear arms is what's kept this country free for the last 250 years. Excluding the military, we have the largest army in the world. Over 50 million households are reported to own guns.

I won't deny there is a problem with gun violence in this country, but the guns themselves are not the problem. It's the ones pulling the trigger.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The right to bear arms is what's kept this country free for the last 250 years.
ha, you got jokes now lol, you're so free you cannot even buy land!
Excluding the military, we have the largest army in the world.
could you rephrase this? missed your point here, sorry.

We also export violence now, it has been monetized, Blackrock et al, and we are also the world's largest arms dealers.

What would Jesus shoot, do you reckon?