Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not worried about me owning a gun; i know how to use one. I am worried about unqualified people owning guns.

Oh, so you just don't want white people to own guns. The shooter in Vegas was qualified. So? The point is no one is forcing you to own a gun.

Stranger

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha, not hairy at all, if you aren't a hypocrite imo. I mean, if you can't wait to die to be with Jesus, why would you not consider a family member being attacked a blessing, or at least as coming from God?
I didn't say killed one of my kids in that ...I think Job meant if I saw someone hurting my child, didn't he ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I won't deny there is a problem with gun violence in this country, but the guns themselves are not the problem. It's the ones pulling the trigger
The same could be said about Heroin...lol

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well I don't own a gun. To be honest, I wouldn't know how to use one but I have shot off one down on a friends farm. It was scary and loud and near took my shoulder off.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Consider the source of your news, the liberal media. They are working hand in hand with those who are trying to take this country down. Little do they know that if and when their job is accomplished, they too will be removed.

The right to bear arms is what's kept this country free for the last 250 years. Excluding the military, we have the largest army in the world. Over 50 million households are reported to own guns.

I won't deny there is a problem with gun violence in this country, but the guns themselves are not the problem. It's the ones pulling the trigger.
Yeah been unto that media thing for at least a decade now...It is so apparent, that I can't get why secular people don't see it too ? Aren't they sick of being manipulated and lied to ?
You say 50 million households have guns....I guess they are great for defending yourself against intruders, but when all the manure hits the fan, aren't they going to turn them all against one another ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 5:39
But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

We are, on the other hand, to resist the devil. So, it is a judgement call based on the circumstances...as Job has presented.
Yeah I must admit, that one really puzzled me when I first read it...thanks :)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah been unto that media thing for at least a decade now...It is so apparent, that I can't get why secular people don't see it too ? Aren't they sick of being manipulated and lied to ?
You say 50 million households have guns....I guess they are great for defending yourself against intruders, but when all the manure hits the fan, aren't they going to turn them all against one another ?

A clue of things to come:
(Matthew 24:8-10) "All these are the beginning of sorrows. {9} Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. {10} And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another."

I think much of the public have more or less lost the ability to reason and think for themselves, and have left it up to the media to do it for them. It all starts in school actually, where you are not taught what it really means to think critically, but only on WHAT to think. They tell you what to be concerned about, and this thread about gun control is a shining example, as if its really an issue I should care for, which I don't for the reasons I've given.

I can't say tell you exactly whats going to happen when things get bad beyond what scripture states, but I know that its rare for the populace to ever come together and turn their guns on the right people. Not that it would matter anyway, because their guns will be of no effect against the beast kingdom. Christians who fawn all over their rifles as if its the next best thing to the true Lord and savior, as if it will mean anything when it really matters need to realize this. Your only outcomes, believer or not, boils down to three:

1. Worship the beast and his image, and take his mark which gets you tossed in the fire

2. Run and hide

3. fight and die

The beast is called "the destroyer" for a reason. You don't get a name like that unless you earned it. The fact that this angel has been sitting in jail for only God knows how long speaks volumes...HA!!!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say killed one of my kids in that ...I think Job meant if I saw someone hurting my child, didn't he ?

You could always go back and see what the original post says. I don't believe he deleted it. :D

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The beast is called "the destroyer" for a reason. You don't get a name like that unless you earned it
Absolutely ! I also agree that it starts at schools...It's as if the worldly 'powers that be' wants us all to turn into automatons, and just go along with whatever they say.....No minds of our own....Thank The Lord once He sets all things right, whenever that will be...Jesus has done all He can for us, now it's just up to us to accept His gracious gifts and hold on to Him till the end..:)

Reactions: Dcopymope

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You could always go back and see what the original post says. I don't believe he deleted it. :D
Yeah I thought of that too, I just have a super busy day and today I had so many things to respond to here, I was trying to 'shortcut' it...How could anyone delete it ? Is that really possible ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or motor vehicles. More people are killed each year in car accidents than are killed with a gun.
Well said...I am so sure that if the car was invented today, no one would be given permission to drive one..Governments have this insane notion that they can fix everything by just introducing more laws...You would think they had 'woken up' by now....alas, no !

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I thought of that too, I just have a super busy day and today I had so many things to respond to here, I was trying to 'shortcut' it...How could anyone delete it ? Is that really possible ?

It is possible to delete your own posts.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is possible to delete your own posts.
Is it ? I did not know that...Jeez, I have enough trouble deleting something, if I am replying to something and then change my mind half way through...:D

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely ! I also agree that it starts at schools...It's as if the worldly 'powers that be' wants us all to turn into automatons, and just go along with whatever they say.....No minds of our own....Thank The Lord once He sets all things right, whenever that will be...Jesus has done all He can for us, now it's just up to us to accept His gracious gifts and hold on to Him till the end..:)

Yep, and if people are expecting their guns to aid them in 'holding on until the end', then they need to get their priorities straight, because they have put their faith in the wrong thing. If they think their guns will in any way stop the "the destroyer", then they need to get their heads screwed on straight. We know what angels capable of, so for one of them to to be known as " the destroyer", he must be bad to the bone, not one to be trifled with. The great tribulation will be the ultimate test of your faith, not the ultimate test of how good of a shooter you are.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most of those gun owners live in rural areas and have guns for hunting and target shooting. You won't find many farmers buying a gun for protection. The guns I have aren't for personal protection, but if the need should arise...

I don't believe it'll ever get to the point where we all turn on one another. I understand the bible speaks of brother against brother and father against son, but when that time comes it'll be a whole different scenario. It'll be about the devil coming to get you and when that happens, the only safe harbor is Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
yes, which let's be honest ppl never hurt kids in front of their parents anyway, and this whole scenario is the result of too much tv imo, but regardless, the point i meant to make is that if your belief = "i have to die to be with the Lord," then your perception must be that "physical death = promotion," so why would you keep your kid from being promoted?

a thought exercise iow, for people who...ah, i don't even know what to say here, approach God through religion and logic, don't trust God to protect them, dunno. It does not even make logical sense iow

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't own a gun. To be honest, I wouldn't know how to use one but I have shot off one down on a friends farm. It was scary and loud and near took my shoulder off.

Your friend should have provided some ear plugs for you. Also the size of the gun may have been too much for you. They make smaller, but just as deadly, and less kick.

Shooting a rifle or shotgun from the shoulder, you have to hold it very tight against your shoulder. That makes a world of difference.

Stranger