Happy Thanksgiving CyB Members!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This year we celebrate another traditional holiday in which families and friends come together to feast and fellowship with one another.
I was meditating on how this holiday came to be celebrated and it truly was a time to be thankful then. As decades passed it seemed that the spirit of being thankful has waned and become just another day to gather and enjoy your favorite dish and of course pumpkin pie. And let's not forget Macy's Day Parade, and of course football.
But this year is different, for me anyway.
For far too long I have taken for granted all the freedoms I have enjoyed all my life without giving any thought to the sacrifices made by our ancestors.
And now we are facing the possibility of those freedoms being taken away....
Well, today I am going to stay in a spirit of thankfulness and gratitude for having such a blessed country to live in.
And mostly, thankful that I can worship our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without fear of persecution
Many in other countries today are being persecuted and martyred for their Christianity....I don't ever want to know what that feels like.
Let's all have an attitude of gratitude and pass the Turkey please.:D

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You took the words right out of my....keyboard!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I pray that everybody has a wonderful holiday....great food....and blessed fellowship.
I pray that everyone has safe travels and God and His angels watch over them.
For those that have chose to or cannot get together the smart phones and videos shares should be running all day long. If they cannot be there, keep them busy watching everything you are doing. Cabin fever plus the holidays! Be together one way or the other. Deliver some meals and holiday cheer to those that don't have the full meal.
God bless all you Christians! Raise praise to Lord!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You took the words right out of my....keyboard!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I pray that everybody has a wonderful holiday....great food....and blessed fellowship.
I pray that everyone has safe travels and God and His angels watch over them.
For those that have chose to or cannot get together the smart phones and videos shares should be running all day long. If they cannot be there, keep them busy watching everything you are doing. Cabin fever plus the holidays! Be together one way or the other. Deliver some meals and holiday cheer to those that don't have the full meal.
God bless all you Christians! Raise praise to Lord!
Amen!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This year we celebrate another traditional holiday in which families and friends come together to feast and fellowship with one another.
I was meditating on how this holiday came to be celebrated and it truly was a time to be thankful then. As decades passed it seemed that the spirit of being thankful has waned and become just another day to gather and enjoy your favorite dish and of course pumpkin pie. And let's not forget Macy's Day Parade, and of course football.
For far too long I have taken for granted all the freedoms I have enjoyed all my life without giving any thought to the sacrifices made by our ancestors.
Well, today I am going to stay in a spirit of thankfulness and gratitude for having such a blessed country to live in.
And mostly, thankful that I can worship our Father and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without fear of persecution
Many in other countries today are being persecuted and martyred for their Christianity....I don't ever want to know what that feels like.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a great day!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much to be grateful for, especially living in this country. And yes we do take many things for granted. I am thankful for all of you on here! To name all the things I'm grateful for, this post would never end so, long short...I'm grateful for ALL things!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
His blessings,
nancy

R

Rita

You can still enjoy it for Christmas if you want to. :D
Already have a turkey crown in the freezer xx
Just need my roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy , oh and cranberry sauce, and sprouts. Actually I am working Christmas Day, so have to have it on Boxing Day x
Rita

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already have a turkey crown in the freezer xx
Just need my roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy , oh and cranberry sauce, and sprouts. Actually I am working Christmas Day, so have to have it on Boxing Day x
Rita

Really? I don't know much about Boxing Day since I don't think that it's celebrated in the US.

R

Rita

It’s the day after Christmas Day, over here it is a holiday as well. There is a lot of sport and usually it’s the day of the sales ( not quite sure that will happen this year as we are only just coming out of lockdown, so it depends how it all goes. I love Christmas Eve - and I am not working that day xx

Reactions: April_Rose