Has anyone seen God in a Stranger?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tatiana

Mar 22, 2007
Is it possible to see God through a human interaction, as this writer believes happened to him? Hopefully you can copy this link and close the spaces in it.www . divinecaroline . com/article/22198/27790/?CMP=KNC-DC_YSM_6[/url]A stranger once offered me a stick of gum after I injured myself on the train. I never forgot the unique look in his eyes.Does anyone have any insight to shed on this?

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
www.divinecaroline.com/article/22198/27790/?CMP=KNC_DC_YSM_6[/url]I fixed it 4 you.. but it didn't gel sorry. I am not sure about seeing God per se. , those who see angels in the Bible fell out cold.. I think seeing a supernatural being is something not many have seen. But I have seen the Holy Spirit in and around strangers. Once at the pool, I had noticed a woman and thought that she seemed different and perhaps it was the Holy Spirit.. After I spoke with her, I found out she was a believer and very much filled; we became friends. I have also seen the Holy Spirit in a place I didn't expect it. It was in and around a woman canter in a Jewish syangogue. I still am not sure how that is possible since she to my knowledge is not a Christian . She does know the Word of God and she sings it every week in the services. I can't really describe what this looks like... except to say its something good and exciting in and around a person. It is an energy exuded by them. I can also say I have seen a spirit of evil in some. I have heard evil speak, the voice was different from the usual voice of the person speaking. The person who this came from has been treated for MPD. Its terribly sad to think of them being overtaken by these spirits who make them act out in ways they normally wouldn't.

curtiswhit1234

Dec 14, 2006
i have seen both angels and demons and if you begin to see them, you must be careful you can tell the difference because demons can appear as angels of light if you are unsure you should pray about it :pray3:

Tatiana

Mar 22, 2007
Thanks for fixing the link, but it's spelled with an 'i" not an "e". Can you fix it again? [www[.]divinecaroline[.]com/article/22198/27790/?CMP=KNC-DC_YSM_6]Also, I think that the article is saying that the writer saw God, or the Spirit, in the kindness of a stranger. Isn't this what you are saying?

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I am reminded of the story of Samson...God sent a Spirit on Samson and that was the source of his strength... As also God sent an evil spirit to torment Saul after he had go to see a witch to conjure up the spirit of Samuel. John the Baptist came in the spirit of Elijah and when the Holy Spririt came upon the Saints in Acts they were so giddy with joy, many thought them drunk on wine. I think that when we accept Christ as savior we are given the Holy Spirit. It grows as we feed it in the Word and good fellowship with other believers. When we do the right things and live a righteous life this Spirit man gets stronger and stronger. As we let the flesh receed the spirit man increases. I also believe that this spirit man is the spiritual body or soul that God gives us at conception. This is the spirit body that will leave the flesh at death and go to be with God. These spirit bodies live in every one, and they can be holy or evil.

E

epouraniois

In Col 1:15, 1Ti 1:17, 1Ti 6:16, and Heb 11:27, we read that God is invisible. Interestingly, the word for the Lord's THRONE in the OT has the idea of causing a crease in the fabric so as to create an area for manifestation. We read that the (lower) heavens are spread out as a garment for this very purpose.I think those who saw angels in the Bible more than merely passed out, and will take it one step bolder to say that it seems that even seeing an angel caused death in those who were accustomed to having angelic ministry about them. They had to be resurrected when this happened. All these men were of great faith. Paul said whether in the body or out of the body he knew not. For example, Eze 1:28 provides the same word as the word 'perish' (fell), while the next verse provides 'stand', elsewhere rendered, '(to) raise up'.It is written that no man has seen God at any time (as to His essence), yet we read the Lord Himself explaining to Thomas in Joh 14:7, "If ye had known me, YE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN my Father also: and from HENCEFORTH YE KNOW Him (The Father), and have SEEN Him (The Father)."SEEN=to see with the mind, to perceive, know (as the Christ has clarified in the above verse)Where is Christ at the time present? See Col. 3:3, Christ is hid in God, vv. 4, when He manifest...so Christ is not now manifest, He is hid in God.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Adam as well as Noah and Enoch spent time with God...Moshe was on the mountain top with him....Ezekial saw the throne and I assume God was on it.