Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to receive Him (John 1:12) and that into our hearts (Colossians 1:27, 1 John 5:12).

How can we do that unless He is a Spirit?

I am not saying that Jesus hasn't or isn't come in the flesh.

I am saying that the 2nd and 3rd Persons of the Trinity (for the purposes of our understanding here) are both Jesus...that the Spirit of Christ is, in effect, Jesus Christ.

Yes. I usually think of having the love of Christ within me - I also receive the Eucharist. And yes, I mentioned that all three personages are Christ because all three are God.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ah, you refer to Job 19:25. Which is true and was fulfilled with Christ coming in the flesh 2000 years ago.

And for this reason Christendom would do well to adjust its' perceived timeline, by those same 2000 years. The last days began at Pentecost. But the "last day" referred to here is the "third day" of Christ, meaning that day of Him being "made perfect" in the spirit. In the spirit, as God is spirit.
The Job verse is often taken to refer to the Resurrection.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can I get a witness?

Is He in you?

Is Jesus in anyone?

...And, if Yes...do you know what the next question is?

Yes indeed.
The Kingdom is within...Christ is within...the Hope of Glory!!

Romans 8:9 - "If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His".

1 John 4:13 “Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.”

Reactions: Nancy and ScottA

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes indeed.

1 John 4:13 “Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit.”
Good verses to remember. All true believers have the Spirit indwelling, and He is the Spirit of Christ.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm

Well, no offense but you are hardly the clearest writer on this board
Frustrating isn’t it....

Jesus never told us to ‘accept His Spirit into our hearts’, Scott. The Bible tells us that if we believe in His death and resurrection for our sins we will be saved and that He was sending the Holy Spirit to minister to us.

Did Jesus come to us in Spirit? Well, God is everywhere
So...it was a personal rant. But don't blame me for following the pattern of obscurity which God Himself has determined is best, or that you do not see it. Take your petitions to God.

Nonetheless, that portion that you list off is only part. You have left out the commandment to "follow" Him to that place that He prepares for us; and also the finish, in which He clearly laid down His flesh and committed only His spirit to the Father. Wherein many trust the eyes of the onlookers of His ascension thinking they saw just the opposite, saying His body was also committed to the Father, and think themselves true while making Jesus out to be a liar. Which any who knows the scriptures should know is false, for "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

But here you are with them believing a lie and ranting their case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...it was a personal rant. But don't blame me for following the pattern of obscurity which God Himself has determined is best, or that you do not see it. Take your petitions to God.

Nonetheless, that portion that you list off is only part. You have left out the commandment to "follow" Him to that place that He prepares for us; and also the finish, in which He clearly laid down His flesh and committed only His spirit to the Father. Wherein many trust the eyes of the onlookers of His ascension thinking they saw just the opposite, saying His body was also committed to the Father, and think themselves true while making Jesus out to be a liar. Which any who knows the scriptures should know is false, for "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

But here you are with them believing a lie and ranting their case.

Grow up, Scott

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get that from anything I have even said?
You accused me of not believing that Christ has come in the flesh. And this you do while expecting Him to come in the flesh as if He had not already done so.

It is I who am acting out belief in His coming in the flesh. But you act as if He has not.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Job verse is often taken to refer to the Resurrection.
Yes, and there is nothing wrong with that if it is understood, not as the physical resurrection of Christ; but rather that it was His physical resurrection that was a foreshadowing, that points to His ascension, which is the actual act of returning to God, whom is spirit.

The mistake is to think that the flesh inherits the kingdom of God, which is against the scriptures.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed.

Thank you!

These verses make it so clear, and yet most of Christendom looks for Him to appear "with observation" (against His own word). Luke 17:20

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You accused me of not believing that Christ has come in the flesh. And this you do while expecting Him to come in the flesh as if He had not already done so.

It is I who am acting out belief in His coming in the flesh. But you act as if He has not.

He has both come in the flesh, will come again in the flesh, and is now in the flesh, a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God.

Agree or disagree?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has both come in the flesh, will come again in the flesh, and is now in the flesh, a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God.

Agree or disagree?
That is not what the scriptures say.

So, no, I disagree. I agree with the scriptures.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what the scriptures say.

So, no, I disagree. I agree with the scriptures.

What exactly do you disagree with?

Now, actually you have failed the test of 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7.

The scriptures teach that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and the prevailing thought on this is that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of the Lord.

2Pe 1:20, Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Reactions: Philip James

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly do you disagree with?

Now, actually you have failed the test of 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7.

The scriptures teach that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and the prevailing thought on this is that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of the Lord.

2Pe 1:20, Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
Where is heaven?