Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Likewise. I don't care what people have to say or think about me. But I don't like seeing some mistreated. I have survived much worse than the little things around here. And most, I find rather humorous anyway. For it conveys and reveals much.

<snip>

@Job expressed something to that effect IF memory serves. I am not so sure. But then again, how many times have we all experienced same shpil, different user throughout the years as if we have never seen or heard such before.

Likewise.
You both keep saying I dont care what people say about me. But you keep coming back to defend your selves. Christ is not your sure defence. You are.

Reactions: Nancy

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think of faith as suspending our opinion long enough for life to unfold and teach us
No, Faith is taking God at His word and going and doing what He told you to do.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
If you were sick and you knew I could lay hands on you and get you whole like Jesus paid for. You would want me to lay hands on you and get you whole. I seen this to many times. People come back and say no I dont want you to lay hands on me. Ok your child has cancer, now you want prayer,
So faith is going and doing what God called you to go and do. You do need to stop your opinions as they are all flesh and need to die. but you had enough faith to get saved, So you have enough to see people healed of any thing and every thing. The only hiderance to healing is you think there is one. There is not a single hinderance to healing from God He wants you whole He payed for it through Christ, By His stripe you are healed. Stripe is not a spelling error. Just so you know. Its important.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From 1 Peter 2:24.
"....who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25. For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls." (emphasis mine)

This healing is spiritual, not physical, mental, emotional.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, Faith is taking God at His word and going and doing what He told you to do.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
If you were sick and you knew I could lay hands on you and get you whole like Jesus paid for. You would want me to lay hands on you and get you whole. I seen this to many times. People come back and say no I dont want you to lay hands on me. Ok your child has cancer, now you want prayer,
So faith is going and doing what God called you to go and do. You do need to stop your opinions as they are all flesh and need to die. but you had enough faith to get saved, So you have enough to see people healed of any thing and every thing. The only hiderance to healing is you think there is one. There is not a single hinderance to healing from God He wants you whole He payed for it through Christ, By His stripe you are healed. Stripe is not a spelling error. Just so you know. Its important.
Sword? sounds like sword

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You lose me to often. I dont know where you are quoting me from.
ah, sorry, for whatever reason the designers of this software saw fit to hide the trackback button in the quote banner, just to the right of "_____ said:" so that causes a lot of this imo. In exchange though, we get to highlight/reply to snippets, a vast improvement imo. If you highlight the whole page, the trackback button reveals as a little up arrow, or if you hover over the right little spot, your arrow turns into a hand? click there

Reactions: Ally.s.j

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people still don't get it.
"IT" being that when something is said in a good kind spirit people will listen.
But facts spoken with an arrogant, rude, condemning attitude just turns people off and they won't bother to listen. Which is sad..because the person may have 'won the day' and had a good interested audience if only they had shown some caring for the listeners.

As Paul says...with out Love...it is just a sounding brass and tinkling symbols on deaf ears...My sheep know My voice...we recognize the Spirit of God which we are all used to listening to..

Pity, it "could" have been a good interesting discussion thread..:oops:
Amen, as the officers sent by his enemies to bring back Jesus instead came back saying, "Never man spake like this man."

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
does it not have something to do with reward

Mat_6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

better to remain silent, its nice to speak of ones fruit, but much better when men can taste of it.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i gotta assume you mean "physical" healing, right?
@VictoryinJesus, i think it was, posted a great thing along these lines the other day, the "raise the dead" et al reflection? maybe he'll redo it here
sure, i go "i wish you were healed," just like the Bible says, that's all a prayer is, opens up the channels for doing i guess
i actually did bring a bat to meet Benny Hinn, plannin on usin it too, but they wouldn't let me :D
glad now, though...most of the time

"i actually did bring a bat to meet Benny Hinn" Lol---Shortly after becoming saved, I was into all the televangelist...soaked it up! Even went to Toronto to see this guy. SOOOO glad God delivered me from that sham.
Personally-which means IMHO-I believe God can do what He wants but, I also no longer believe that the scripture "..healed by His stripes" means anything BUT Spiritual healing. I do not doubt that many 3rd world countries might see these things as their faith far exceeds ours IMO. No, we are in the physical, temporal world and we are to trust Him as we go THROUGH sickness, pain, trials, tribs. JMO

Reactions: bbyrd009 and aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a horror story about Benny Hinn.....first hand

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a horror story about Benny Hinn.....first hand

Does NOT surprise me at all. I hung on every word that man said...the Crouches, Hagee, Copeland...all of them! Lol...The only one (if I watched TV) that I could even care to listen to would be Charles Stanley. Curious about your personal "Horror story" about this man. Hmmmm :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Christians...has an atheist or just anyone ever challenged you to,
"Well, heal somebody then, you're a Christian, right?"

Would you?
Or say if you were pleasantly asked to pray for someone for a healing, would you?
Have you?

If you haven't stepped up to bat, why not?
Thanks in advance for anyone interested in posting :)
Yes, seven people at one time. I never expected it, and did so feeling completely inadequate.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to go to Hinn's services, and really liked him personally.... before he did like so many have done, and seemed to turn into a nutcase.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things on this.

First Jesus was a special case who was drawing national/international attention to himself for God's purpose. The purpose was never to heal all of the physical sicknesses among men. This is but a spot in the road on the way to God's focal point. The point is for people to get interested in loving God and being with Him always... not to live a long healthy physical life, but to receive real Life and to Love God as He already loved them.

Consider the case the first definite martyr after the resurrection: Stephen? He was a young man when he died with nothing to show for his time spent here in his body of flesh. He had no wife and no children and apparently no material goods. But... he had in the end more than all of us on this forum.

As to healing everyone, Jesus did not. For example he did not heal the lame man at the Beautiful Gate who was finally by healed by Peter in Acts 3. That man had been at that gate daily for years, yet Jesus did not heal him. He certainly passed that gate and that man many times during his ministry in Jerusalem

Also he healed only "a few sick folk" in his home town because of their unbelief [Mark 6:5].

At the Gadarenes where he allowed the legion of demons go out of the possessed man into their herd of swine the people from the city wanted him to leave them and he did![Matt 8:34]

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

I think not! Consider what Jesus said:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

By Life He was NOT speaking of our time to be spent here in this corrupted dying bit of flesh and bone. He was speaking about the Life that He was and is:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

God was not interested in anything more than giving people back the Life which man had not had since he gone the wrong way in the Garden of Eden.
I agree...what do you think about: “Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities” (1 Tim 5:23)
Could they not just heal him right then and there?

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with many here that have mentioned Spiritual healing rather than the physical. Not that God doesn't have compassion on both; but one is fading away.

Isaiah 30:26 KJV
[26] Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Is clearly Spiritual. The breach(gulf) is our transgression separating us from God.

Isaiah 53:3-5 KJV
[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

God's will is a hundred percent spiritual healing without fail. So when scripture says He will give us(a son) anything he ask in HIS name...the promise is Spirtual and whether we see it or not, those prayers are always answered. Even if the physical says otherwise.

Proverbs 20:30 KJV
[30] The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do [stripes] the inward parts of the belly.

By HIS stripes the "inward part" is healed. Again, it is Spiritual and true and never failing. It is a promise.

Exodus 29:17 KJV
[17] And thou shalt cut the ram in pieces, and [wash the inwards] of him, and his legs, and put them unto his pieces, and unto his head.

Man's appetite comes from the belly. So, I ask is our appetite for the Lord, or is our appetite to gain the world. Which is more important: physical healing or Spiritual healing? Why are stages and stadiums not full of people confessing God's promise for compete Spiritual healing? Why is not the focus on an individual becoming no longer an enemy of God? Should this wonderful truth not be shouted from the roof top to the lost and weary? Why is there such a display of the physical with what can be seen with the eyes of man? Why do millions flock to hear the message of physical prosperity, physical healing, and gain in this life? I have asked God why and this is what He provided:

Unlike the physical, The Spiritual happens between an individual and God. It is private and intimate and is rarely seen by the world. Or can be seen. To them it is foolishness. God does it. When we pray for someone, God goes to work in that individuals life; it is between them and God.
To raise the dead
To heal and bind up the broken heart
To bring sight to the blind
To unstop the ears of the disbelieving
To feed the poor in Spirit
To clothe the naked...
It all manifest in the unseen and is between the individual and God.
How can man harness and make merchandise of this? The Kingdom of God is hidden and can not be made merchandise.

Would we rather be numbered among the nine made clean...or among the one that returned for relationship?
Luke 17:12-21
[12] And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: [13] And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. [14] And when he saw them , he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, [as they went, they were cleansed].

[15] And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

[16] And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

[17] And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? [18] There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. [19] And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

All healing comes from God...right down to a finger cut! If this prosperity, healing thing were so powerful, why are our hospitals so full of the sick and dying---even devout Christians. Just hear all of this stuff about certain "healing" through people, have not known personally, anybody who has been miraculously healed of a terminal disease, never known anybody to grow back limbs, the blind (physically) are still blind...on and on.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All healing comes from God...right down to a finger cut! If this prosperity, healing thing were so powerful, why are our hospitals so full of the sick and dying---even devout Christians. Just hear all of this stuff about certain "healing" through people, have not known personally, anybody who has been miraculously healed of a terminal disease, never known anybody to grow back limbs, the blind (physically) are still blind...on and on.

BTW-This does NOT stop me from praying passionately for the physical healing of friends and loved ones. And always followed by a- 'your will be done Lord'. My mom and dad and sister and many good friends still died. Mostly cancer.