Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And when you break the law who is going to judge you the law or Jesus. havnt you figured it our yet. So many get caught up in it, Jesus was the only one who ever truly lived by the law, and according to the pharisees He constantly broke them.
well i guess He did, but then you aren't Jesus either

but to stay on the topic of your post, our laws have evolved since then, like everything else, and we now have allowance for grace in the law, you get a pass if you're speeding your wife in labor to hospital, etc, iow it is understood that the law is insufficient to cover every eventuality

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so then don't live the law, and then break the law, and when the law comes knocking tell them Jesus said it was ok, and see what happens.
Lets ask you a simple question, if you did not have the law would you steal, murder, and do all those things, if the answer is yes, than teh law is for you, if no, than love is all you need. As i said teh law is for bad people,

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal_5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

If you are in Christ and in His righteousness than the law is not for you, it was never yours so why do you demand to have it???

Stop playing games. its your salvation that you are playing with.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I asked you an honest question about Jesus and you failed to answer it. That is OK. It is your prerogative to say yea or nay or no comment. I don't watch or read secular news other than the tid bits people sometime post on Christian forums such as this one. But to be clear:

I was not 'making fun'. You are always onto people about supporting their position with scripture, yet you have draw conclusions without any Bible citations. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. May God richly bless you as you serve Him.
So what you want me to support my claims with videos?
I said jews are cause an awfull lot of pain in the world, you asked a stupid question. What do you want. I would not answer anything like that . It does not deserve an answer. Yes i want scripture if you make a claim about it. what is wrong with that. Nothing.
If you have no interest in whats happening in the world why get involved in the conversation with a stupid question. Cant believe I am having to write this nonsense.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lets ask you a simple question, if you did not have the law would you steal, murder, and do all those things, if the answer is yes, than teh law is for you, if no, than love is all you need.
this sounds great, but fails for more than one reason, the first one that comes to mind being that even if i would not steal, i also would have no concept of property rights, or other laws that those who are my neighbors rely on, that i cannot force to accept the grace model, see.

but i notice that you had no answer to (any of the about a thousand posts that you could not answer) the guy who hacked your arm off for dinner, bc he didn't like you, for instance. See, he has no law to follow, so what is your complaint going to be after he hacks your arm off?

another one you avoided is "you can do that, fine, but you cannot eat the fruit of knowledge and do that."

see, if i leave a piece of pizza on the counter and my dog takes it, he is not under the law, see, i cannot call the cops and have my dog arrested for stealing

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As i said teh law is for bad people
say it all you like, it still is not true. Be as good as you like, and speed through a school zone bc no kids are around, and see what happens

you've also skipped over--tra-la-- why Christ was subject to the law, if He was not under the law. Couple times now, actually

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I asked you an honest question about Jesus and you failed to answer it. That is OK. It is your prerogative to say yea or nay or no comment. I don't watch or read secular news other than the tid bits people sometime post on Christian forums such as this one. But to be clear:

I was not 'making fun'. You are always onto people about supporting their position with scripture, yet you have draw conclusions without any Bible citations. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. May God richly bless you as you serve Him.

Yes indeed, Two thumbs up.
Sadly these conversations have nowhere to go.
It hurts me when I see kind people like yourself and @Richard_oti being called names or belittled as in some of these posts.
Some people just can't answer civilly or politely , which again is sad..especially in saying just now..
The christian is not any better than anyone on the street."
( Is he not one then? humm)

I must admit, three or four times I have wondered if this is @Sword..ghosting as a different name. It's the same old dumb beat and same old brow beating about how much he is doing, and all the things that we are not doing "as Christians."
I would rather see people be rude to me, and call me names, than seeing people being called names and belittled who do not deserve it.:oops:
That hurts my gut...:(
Many blessings.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you are in Christ and in His righteousness than the law is not for you, it was never yours so why do you demand to have it?
oh ya, you also skipped Iron Scepter lol, and we now begin to see the pattern, see. Don't like it? just ignore it!
hey, at least you end with a joke lol

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are always onto people about supporting their position with scripture, yet you have draw conclusions without any Bible citations. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
May God richly bless you as you serve Him

Well said ...again.
Praise God...when the chips are down...we are all on the same side!!
Like it or not...but some may not like it...

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said ...again.
Praise God...when the chips are down...we are all on the same side!!
Like it or not...but some may not like it...

I don't know what you mean by 'all', but for sure not 'all' here are on the same side.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know what you mean by 'all', but for sure not 'all' here are on the same side.

Stranger
diverse ppl come together in adversity, we even make movies from this.
Enemies are perceived by those who feel they must defend something; remove whatever that is
(go, and give all your possessions away, and follow Me; you will have treasure where it matters then)
and the defense is no longer needed, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lets ask you a simple question, if you did not have the law would you steal, murder, and do all those things, if the answer is yes, than teh law is for you
this is a false paradigm, as any little kid "stealing" candy down at his level in a store will assure you

so then yes, if i did not have the law, i would not know what offends others and what does not, as Paul also makes very clear, right around his "Heaven forbid" number i guess

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stranger

Not in an argument no! :D
But, I do happen to believe that all on this Site are ( maybe loosely) following the Lord with the amount of light that they have been given.
I see no blatant unbeliever....messed up ones, yes. Some maybe a bit off beam in how they believe ,what they believe, yes..but none who have chosen to follow the Prince of Darkness.
But maybe your discernment is sharper than mine. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you've also skipped over--tra-la-- why Christ was subject to the law, if He was not under the law. Couple times now, actually
because He came to fullfill it , because we cannot. Teh seventh day adventist would love you. Leave you to your law ill stick you Christ and grace.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed, Two thumbs up.
Sadly these conversations have nowhere to go.
It hurts me when I see kind people like yourself and @Richard_oti being called names or belittled as in some of these posts.
Some people just can't answer civilly or politely , which again is sad..especially in saying just now.. ( Is he not one then? humm)

I must admit, three or four times I have wondered if this is @Sword..ghosting as a different name. It's the same old dumb beat and same old brow beating about how much he is doing, and all the things that we are not doing "as Christians."
I would rather see people be rude to me, and call me names, than seeing people being called names and belittled who do not deserve it.:oops:
That hurts my gut...:(
Many blessings.
If you are getting hiurt it is because you are still alive. and its not about laying down your life for others.. Christians say Christ is my rock and sure defence. But Hes not you are. If someone knows how to push your buttons they dont have a problem you do. You need to become buttonless. Your in it for you still. Die to self already and stop being hurt. This is what you are all called to. Pick up your cross. You are kidding your self when you say I dont mind if they call me names . Thats simply not true. soon as I came in here you were in a fight. Now you are accussing me of the same as I accused you. You forget how deep you were in the fight when I first arrived. Then you said oh I am going to stop this Ally right. Now your back doing the same thing again with me. What is wrong with me asking people to back up what there teaching with scripture nothing. What it is .is you cant give scripture for your position on healing. So then you look for some other fault. to shift the blame. I seen it all the time with Christians who dont have an answer. Pick a fault and highlight it. That shows Christ is NOT your defence you are.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets ask you a simple question, if you did not have the law would you steal, murder, and do all those things, if the answer is yes, than teh law is for you, if no, than love is all you need. As i said teh law is for bad people,

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Gal_3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal_5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

If you are in Christ and in His righteousness than the law is not for you, it was never yours so why do you demand to have it???

He is speaking about the Mosaic Law.
The Apostle Paul also said these words: from Romans 7: 25. "I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin." (emphasis mine)

Here is one of your judgments of the Bible (the Word of God)
JULY 21,2017 Post #11
“Revelation comes from God, not from reading studying church, bible college. In fact the better you know the bible the more you will fight God when He does try to teach you, as it says
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
If you want to know Jesus. ask Him, if you want to know the bible ,read it. Your choice.” (emphasis mine)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
because He came to fullfill it , because we cannot.
Galatians 6:2. Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ.

it's like this weird pseudo-jesus thing, i don't get it tbh, why even pursue Christianity? I'm sure you are friendly, and well-liked anyway. What is the point, may i ask, if you already get that there is no Peter at the gates checking IDs for a "Christian" stamp?

one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shallbreak one of these ...

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.'
22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.

keeping the law is easy lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
because He came to fullfill it , because we cannot. Teh seventh day adventist would love you. Leave you to your law ill stick you Christ and grace.
well, but you still can't answer any of those questions, right. ok.

The Good Test

and the law is even accounted holy, even in the Lex, where Holy Scripture or Holy Writings disappears! hmm

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not reading every post here anymore, cuz it's so off topic..but caught this....
Don't you think this would make a great topic for a new Thread?☺

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm not reading every post here anymore, cuz it's so off topic..but caught this....
Don't you think this would make a great topic for a new Thread?☺
ah, well my apologies, i guess we're done anyway. He can't answer simple Qs there, so i doubt he would like to go there anyway

everyone coming out of the deep south has been infected by the preachers there, seems like; they whack everyone's concept of law/grace, and like virtually none of those converts are able to confront the same Qs that he has to avoid, unfortunately. I've had this same convo about 50 times already, same results