Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Miss Hepburn

Am I dreaming or what :eek:...I thought I saw you post a new Thread yesterday afternoon which would be Friday ( as it is getting in the day on Saturday now)
I 'thought' I clicked "watch thread"...and intended to come back to it today...I keep thinking it will pop up today....and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere!!!
Did that happen? Or do I just spend too much time on here having fun with you all, that I am dreaming about things now.!! :D :eek: :rolleyes:o_O ;)

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really and you obviously forgot to back your thoughts up with scripture. Whats the chances? can you do that please. I gave you scripture can you give the contradicting scripture if you have any or is it just your thought. When makeing such a big bold claim as you did
Where in scripture does it clearly and explicitly state that all practices, devotions, and doctrines must be found explicitly in scripture to be trustworthy? NOWHERE! It's a man made tradition; bible-alone theology is not found anywhere in the Bible. And you have made reference to your MAN MADE TRADITION repeatedly in this thread. "back this and that with scripture" IS NOT IN SCRIPTURE! The proper and biblical way to "back things up" is with (1)Tradition and (2)Church Authority (Magisterium), (3) Scripture, yes, but not scripture alone. They work together in harmony and one is not over the other.

Let's get back on track.

There were certain times and certain places where Jesus healed everyone, but not everyone at all times. The Bible doesn't say that. 2 Corinthians 12:7 shows Paul not getting his thorn in the flesh removed. Why not? The Bible does not always give us simple answers to every question.

Matt. 10:38 – Jesus said, “he who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” Jesus defines discipleship as one’s willingness to suffer with Him. Being a disciple of Jesus not only means having faith in Him, but offering our sufferings to the Father as He did.

Matt. 16:24; Mark 8:34 – Jesus said, “if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.” Jesus wants us to empty ourselves so that God can fill us. When we suffer, we can choose to seek consolation in God and become closer to Jesus.

Luke 9:23 – Jesus says we must take up this cross daily. He requires us to join our daily temporal sacrifices (pain, inconvenience, worry) with His eternal sacrifice.

Phil. 1:29 – for the sake of Christ we are not only to believe in Him but also to suffer for His sake. Growing in holiness requires more than having faith in God and accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. We must also willfully embrace the suffering that befalls us as part of God’s plan. Thus, Christ does not want our faith alone, but our faith in action which includes faith in suffering.x
Suffering - Scripture Catholic

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course, that "faith" to move a mountain, may be in the form of a pick, shovel and a wheelbarrow.
There would be many who walk in faith with Him everyday, with the most wonderful walk any one could ask for, yet they still get old, still get sick , still see friends and family members die, yet they do not loose faith nor hope in God, they may wonder why it is so, but its not there faith that is teh issue, if it where so they would of walked away from Him like many have, and I see a few on here who know exactly where I come from.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@kepha31 Good post.

Well I guess some people think they have the "gift" if putting guilt trips on others...pretending that in their own lives they hit the mark perfectly every time , and hit a home run every time they pray.

We had another 'one of those' here for a while...remember?
He too tried to beat everyone down with guilt daily, that we were sub-standard Christians if we prayed and God didn't heal the person ..he is no longer here now....he got suspended .....
The message of guilt is not the Good News.
I gave you scripture telling us why it never worked. Do you have a single scripture telling you what you are accussing me of?
I gave you Gods word. You only have acusations.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I gave you Gods word. You only have acusations.
Actually what you quoted was the bible, see Gods word is Spirit, it is life, what does the bible say about teh letter killeth, revelation comes from God, not quoting texts out of a book. yes ill get jumped on again, but one day someone might see.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where in scripture does it clearly and explicitly state that all practices, devotions, and doctrines must be found explicitly in scripture to be trustworthy? NOWHERE! It's a man made tradition; bible-alone theology is not found anywhere in the Bible. And you have made reference to your MAN MADE TRADITION repeatedly in this thread. "back this and that with scripture" IS NOT IN SCRIPTURE! The proper and biblical way to "back things up" is with (1)Tradition and (2)Church Authority (Magisterium), (3) Scripture, yes, but not scripture alone. They work together in harmony and one is not over the other.

Let's get back on track.

You are some banana. I never saw any thing so funny and hashed up in my life,
So you are saying mans tradictions are up there withj Gods word lol. Where do you get this garbage?
I think you will find in revelation God says if any man adds one iota to His word he will add all the plagues in the bible to that man. That would be you sunshine.
There is no way unto the Father but through the WORD His SON. Not traditions not church authority or anything else you can dream up on the planet. Stop this nonsense.

I made reference to God word that He put above His name. and you bring it down to mans tradictions for our Guide.
There is indeed a way to teach and preach Gods word. Read it. Add nothing to it. Not every verse is cystel clear, because of the english laungue deficte.
I would say anyone with any clue on scripture would ignore any thing you have to say from here on in.
I can not take you serious after you past two posts. If Gods word does not have suprmen authority we can even talk. I will take what you said about healing and forget it. There is no way to talk to you in your position.

Ps you were never on track at any point in this conversation that is now terminated.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually what you quoted was the bible, see Gods word is Spirit, it is life, what does the bible say about teh letter killeth, revelation comes from God, not quoting texts out of a book. yes ill get jumped on again, but one day someone might see.
Yes but Gods word is still His word in any form and has power in any form. Its the heart in which the word comes from that produces fruit. So what ever I write in text forum depending on the heart in which it is written, will determine if it gets the desired result. So God s word is life and as you speak it it should produce if the heart is right with God on that matter.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then stop quoting "texts out of a book".
Is it your words we should follow? Or the Spirit Who is revealed in the Bible?
Is the "revelation comes from God" what you discuss face to face with your Jesus? I'd rather be given revelation from the God-breathed Scriptures than from your Jesus.

"teh letter killeth" you said. That is from the Bible (the Word of God) in 2Corinthians 3, and refers specifically to the Law of Moses written on tablets. He's contrasting the Old Covenant with the New Covenant (and much more).

Here's what you have said about the Bible, from July 21,2017 post #11:
“Revelation comes from God, not from reading studying church, bible college. In fact the better you know the bible the more you will fight God when He does try to teach you, as it says
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
If you want to know Jesus. ask Him, if you want to know the bible ,read it. Your choice.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"teh letter killeth" you said. That is from the Bible (the Word of God) in 2Corinthians 3, and refers specifically to the Law of Moses written on tablets.
actually might be all the other laws derived from them, imo, i forget the Jewish term at the moment, brain fart. Talmud, ya

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It must be in the Debate area.
Can't rem what it was on at the moment! Hahahahah
@Miss Hepburn

Am I dreaming or what :eek:...I thought I saw you post a new Thread yesterday afternoon which would be Friday ( as it is getting in the day on Saturday now)
I 'thought' I clicked "watch thread"...and intended to come back to it today...I keep thinking it will pop up today....and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere!!!
Did that happen? Or do I just spend too much time on here having fun with you all, that I am dreaming about things now.!! :D :eek: :rolleyes:o_O ;)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
! Yes pray for me if you like but I dont believe a single word you or the bible says but do what ever man.
So you pray get them healed and now the have a problem.
Could you re-write this for me? Some typos are making it super confusing as to what you are actually saying. Thanks
Do you really not believe a single word of the Bible or Amadeus?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message of guilt is not the Good News.
You got that right!
Guilt, shaming, pride ...all of that 'stuff' comes from the enemy...it is not the
comfort o
r guidance that comes from the Holy Spirit or a Spirit filled person...
and is easily recognized as a clanging cymbal to anyone...kind correction is not
quilt projection, btw. ;]

Maybe that person accusing others at one time felt Spirit filled...but something else has moved into that space within their heart and mind...it is called by others as ego...indignation, self-righteousness, finger pointing, revenge, depression, etc...are part of the egoic mind... anything that is kind, loving, compassionate and caring is of the Holy Spirit.
My Jewish friends love when I explain this clear line in the sand...because they want to grow spiritually, but boy, ha, LOL....they just love to righteously blame this store clerk and that restaurant and their neighbor's placement of their garbage cans...it is comical to watch all their battles with so many external things!
They hang onto for dear life: "BUT, They're driving me crazy!"
*No, sweetie, you are driving yourself crazy...it is the enemy within of self-righteousness, and your never being taught...the least you do to these you do to me...*

May have rambled a bit...;)

@VictoryinJesus....I agreed with all you said yesterday, my sis. ;)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
just go into your history to Fri aft, it's still there

But only of I posted anything, but I did not...just read the heading and thought " I'll come back tomorrow"
But now ScottA has been proven correct...there is no tomorrow...because there is no time!!! lol

I may trip over it at another 'time' when browsing.... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can add that is you like. Faith is one simple thing. Just believe and it will happen.

Sounds a bit like the movie ET
Tell that to the thousands of kids that have prayed for their parents to get back together. ...and sick people who are still praying yet see no answer.

I really, really would like magic to really happen here, so that everyone posting in this thread could actually look into YOUR life and see how your:- "it's easy, simple..just believing and it happens" ... is working for you every day!!!

Not impressed one bit.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And maybe I should add ..being a Spiritual Warrior never means slashing a fellow Christian to bits...the sword we use is of loving guidance and caring correction.
Meanness is not strength and power in God's message as some on this site think...it is a tool of the enemy , by any name.
Jesus' personal relationship with Peter and His role as 'teacher to willing student' allowed him to be firm when saying, Get thee behind me satan...with immediate forgiveness...even in Peter's denial of him.
These are the ways we are spiritual warriors..mainly within ourselves where the battlefield is...with firm and clear inner discipline within ourselves...using self-talk.

This is how I see it. Meanies that love to be mean may disagree.
And we can spot them by their words here, I believe.
Of course, for me they are on Ignore.