Have you ever been challenged to, say, call for a healing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
might have started that way, but looks like Chaos agents piled in pretty quick i guess? This is the inevitable result of organizing officially, i guess, you provide a banner for the lawless to hide under; a raven's wing, like Trinity or Original Sin doctrines. Great in theory.
I don't know how they started but all I've seen from them is chaos, violence and destruction.
There was a petition to declare them as a terrorist group but I don't think that passed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Really? And what do you think of the Jew called Jesus? Did he cause pain?
Why are you being silly like that at your age. You either know whats happening in the world or you dont. If you dont dont be making fun our of what you dont undestand. who are the only people Jesus got on to. The jewish leaders. Who you think runs the world we live in. Jewish Zionists. Why you think donald the puppet trump just called Jersusalem the capital of Isreal. Thanks for all the love in Isreal. Come out of seculer news groups

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All you have to do is type the name of the book and verse numbers. The text once posted will turn grey. Hover the cursor over it or click on it, you get the full text instantly. You don't have to paste half the Bible.

Are the 10 Commandments part of the Law?
I told you I cant debate/talk/share with you. After I saw your second post. Not for me thanks.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i agree, but this does not mean that the law has been nullified, or is no longer in effect for those who eschew grace, either, see, the fact that someone under grace is not under the law does not mean that the law has been invalidated, it means that we have an even higher standard to answer to; not a lower one. The soul that sins will die is still in effect. Don't be deceived, little children.

The time to forget about the law, see, and prove you are not under it, is after someone has sinned against you, and you demonstrate grace rather than "being under the law," which let's get real not a swingin...no one reading this would decline to call the police if they came home and their house had been robbed, right. Wouldn't you rather be cheated? as if
No the law is not nulified. He knows that to in the way you mean I would think.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well, i often think so too, and then we get another round of "you don't have to keep the law."
I prefer face to face and it cuts out a lot of garbage. People think you are angry and your smilling and blissfully happy and wanting to share things you know for a fact. But Christians are all to easily hurt. Bcause they never done what the signed up for. They will not carry the cross of being wrong ever, they will not caryy any cross. if you wrong them they attack you. Just like Jesus told them. NOT. If you say they are wrong in scripture they get all hurt and offended and then beging to lie to protect them selves awhilst kidding them selves on that they are protecting Gods word lol. The christian is not any better than anyone on the street.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...But Christians are all too easily hurt.
I'm not disagreeing...I would say 'offended and easily defensive turning into indignation'.
But, all one has to do is say something with sugar, not vinegar.

"Oh, I see what you mean, yes. But, I'm seeing it this way...."

This would keep marriages together, too..."You're probably right, dear, but I'm afraid I have to disagree on this one...and here's why..."

The straight fwd way is repelling...defenses go up after 2 words often...all about
the timing and delivery...that's part of caring for the other...that's love...rather than pushing a personal agenda...though maybe 100% correct.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm not disagreeing...I would say 'offended and easily defensive turning into indignation'.
But, all one has to do is say something with sugar, not vinegar.

"Oh, I see what you mean, yes. But, I'm seeing it this way...."

This would keep marriages together, too..."You're probably right, dear, but I'm afraid I have to disagree on this one...and here's why..."

The straight fwd way is repelling...defenses go up after 2 words often...all about
the timing and delivery...that's part of caring for the other...that's love...rather than pushing a personal agenda...though maybe 100% correct.
i happen to agree with you here, but "you must keep the law, not be under it" is hard to make sound sweet, i guess, and mjy's pov might sound really neat, but see that he cannot subject it to a fire, or it melts. Fire has a purpose iow

and believe it or not the Law has allowances for grace, right now. Still aren't under it though, i guess. Christ was not under the law, even after he got arrested, right. even after He was tried, even after He was sentenced, even after He was executed. He was not under the Law.

Last edited:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i happen to agree with you here, but "you must keep the law, not be under it" is hard to make sound sweet, i guess, and mjy's pov might sound really neat, but see that he cannot subject it to a fire, or it melts. Fire has a purpose iow

and believe it or not the Law has allowances for grace, right now. Still aren't under it though, i guess. Christ was not under the law, even after he got arrested, right. even after He was tried, even after He was sentenced, even after He was executed. He was not under the Law.
Think Miss wa talking to me about something else :)

Edna Davidsen

Dec 31, 2017
Qaqortoq
ourchristianbook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Greenland
As Christians...has an atheist or just anyone ever challenged you to,
"Well, heal somebody then, you're a Christian, right?"

Would you?
Or say if you were pleasantly asked to pray for someone for a healing, would you?
Have you?

If you haven't stepped up to bat, why not?
Thanks in advance for anyone interested in posting :)

Hi Miss Hepburn. Yes, that's an experience I've had several times. Most of the time I'm just smiling. For me, Christianity is not a slot-machine where we can pull rabbits up from the hat. I'm a traditional Christian. Some churches try to compete and get people to come by appealing to the excitement. Seen from a long-term perspective, I do not believe that'll be the churches which survive.

Christianity has so much to offer; we do not have to be afraid of being boring.

Kindly Edna Davidsen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you being silly like that at your age. You either know whats happening in the world or you dont. If you dont dont be making fun our of what you dont undestand. who are the only people Jesus got on to. The jewish leaders. Who you think runs the world we live in. Jewish Zionists. Why you think donald the puppet trump just called Jersusalem the capital of Isreal. Thanks for all the love in Isreal. Come out of seculer news groups
I asked you an honest question about Jesus and you failed to answer it. That is OK. It is your prerogative to say yea or nay or no comment. I don't watch or read secular news other than the tid bits people sometime post on Christian forums such as this one. But to be clear:

I was not 'making fun'. You are always onto people about supporting their position with scripture, yet you have draw conclusions without any Bible citations. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. May God richly bless you as you serve Him.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you telling believers that they don't have to keep the law?

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Love needs no laws, laws are for bad people. So what you are saying, is you want to live by teh law to prove to God how good you are,"boast", but than when you break them, which you will do constantly in more ways than one, you expect Jesus to get back up on that cross and die for you all over again, Thats called siting on teh fence. This bit

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

which is it teh law or grace

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

as I said before, righteousness, comes from Jesus, you cant earn it, it is not ours it is His we put on.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Love needs no laws, laws are for bad people.
ah, i guess why Christ's leadership is termed "iron scepter" huh
So what you are saying, is you want to live by teh law to prove to God how good you are,"boast"
nope, off the rails already
but than when you break them, which you will do constantly in more ways than one
nope, don't break laws too much, and i have lots more laws than those under the law btw, many, many more. That i could also disregard if a higher purpose manifested
you expect Jesus to get back up on that cross and die for you all over again, Thats called siting on teh fence.
aaand strike 3, you are just talking to yourself, i guess, and we have done this before, and i am not interested in your disengaged monologue any more, wadr. If you ever want to have a discussion, lemme know

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ was not "under the law," see, but that does not mean that He was not subject to the law, same as anyone here.
Now, if you care to explain how Christ could be punished by the law if He was not under the law, then be my guest, otherwise we need to look at my vv too, instead of just yours, but we already know you will not do this, right. And that is not what sitting on a fence means either, pretty sure. You must keep the law, and Christ never said that you do not

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha well, who you gonna call when your car gets stolen? then we will see, see
whether you are "under grace" or not
And when you break the law who is going to judge you the law or Jesus. havnt you figured it our yet. So many get caught up in it, Jesus was the only one who ever truly lived by the law, and according to the pharisees He constantly broke them.

Yes live the law, break the law, and when the law comes knocking on your door asking for payment, where are you going to run to. after all you are choosing it above Jesus and love.

Now ccan we get back on topic or do you want to start anothe rthread.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And when you break the law who is going to judge you the law or Jesus. havnt you figured it our yet. So many get caught up in it, Jesus was the only one who ever truly lived by the law, and according to the pharisees He constantly broke them.

Yes live the law, break the law, and when the law comes knocking on your door asking for payment, where are you going to run to. after all you are choosing it above Jesus and love.

Now ccan we get back on topic or do you want to start anothe rthread.
Jesus is not going to pay your speeding tickets though, see. i didn't expect you to address my post, and you did not disappoint.

you seem to have got the impression that "freed from the law" means that you do not have to obey the law anymore, when it really means that you do not have to apply the law to others any more, you have been freed to apply grace to them, if you choose to do that, and follow Christ

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so then don't live the law, and then break the law, and when the law comes knocking tell them Jesus said it was ok, and see what happens.