"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is simply a lie. You have even had PM's with me to the contrary. You are two-sided and deceitful.

Our PM was about you not being "A bad guy"..which you are not.
You are not a bad guy at all. Disagreeing with each other about what we all believe happens on here all the time..there is nothing wrong with that.
It's just that you are like Bobby Joe...always putting people down and correcting them.

Just as we here can see that good in you..you believe what you believe, and that is fine...can you not just discuss with people and extend the same courtesy to others... As the old British saying goes..."You catch more flies with honey than vinegar "

Try a bit more honey, then people may be interested in what you say.

Just a suggestion...

Reactions: Willie T and marks

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just that you are like Bobby Joe...always putting people down and correcting them.
Always is a pretty strong word.

can you not just discuss with people and extend the same courtesy to others..
Some things are not negotiable. There is much error on this site that needs to be corrected.

Try a bit more honey, then people may be interested in what you say.
The whole do not offend argument. I'm sorry if the truth offends you but that is not my problem. Here is my official stance on that matter: Do Not Offend - Reformed Truths

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some things are not negotiable. There is much error on this site that needs to be corrected.
Luk_11:39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.
Luk_11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Luk_11:43 Woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets.
Luk_11:44 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.

Done

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know either and I was a Bing Crosby fan when Elvis was on top and Bing was all of sudden quite old fashioned. I know that I am, old fashioned I mean, but that's OK too.

I think we are all old fashioned to some :D

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wil lit save me or not or is it just something that pharisses and learned people to use to look down there noses at others.
It will not save you. It is not necessarily "lying." And, it is not "looking down your nose."
In another thread, I offered anyone on this forum a free copy of a funny little book that tells you all about those things. (even posted a link to the book online)

From the book:
A straw man argument is usually one that is more absurd than the actual argument, making it an easier target to attack and possibly luring a person towards defending the more ridiculous argument rather than the original one.

For example, "My opponent is trying to convince you that we evolved from monkeys who were swinging from trees; a truly ludicrous claim." This is clearly a misrepresentation of what evolutionary biology claims, which is the idea that humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor several million years ago. Misrepresenting the idea is much easier than refuting the evidence for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It will not save you. It is not necessarily "lying." And, it is not "looking down your nose."
In another thread, I offered anyone on this forum a free copy of a funny little book that tells you all about those things. (even posted a link to the book online)

From the book:
A straw man argument is usually one that is more absurd than the actual argument, making it an easier target to attack and possibly luring a person towards defending the more ridiculous argument rather than the original one.

For example, "My opponent is trying to convince you that we evolved from monkeys who were swinging from trees; a truly ludicrous claim." This is clearly a misrepresentation of what evolutionary biology claims, which is the idea that humans and chimpanzees shared a common ancestor several million years ago. Misrepresenting the idea is much easier than refuting the evidence for it.
Maybe so but they are not things we need to know. Jesus is just not that complicated.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are almost never pure evil or pure good. Most of us fall somewhere in between. But there is a great danger in preaching a false gospel....in spite of the best intentions that would seem to promote the kingdom of God. Remember Uzzah tried to help by steadying the cart that the ark was upon. That's how I see many of these modern purveyors of signs and wonders.

And what if some of the healings are real? Why can't God send these false teachers some actual healings? God is able to send strong delusion...by just being merciful...in giving healings. Does this mean that the ministry of the one in error is legitimized? Well, at least that one and his followers think so.

When we take the focus off of the actual kingdom realm and put it on physical manifestations of God's favour....we will ALWAYS go astray.

And then there is the false doctrines that are behind the movement. If we don't love the truth...then we are fair game to receive according to OUR own works.

i have missed you in here epi! Thank you for this post.☺ Well spoken.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has ever gone up to heaven m taylor, right?

John 8:22-23 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. [23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 3:7-8 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. [8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

John 13:36-37 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. [37] Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

No one has ever gone up to heaven: Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Reactions: Waiting on him

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying we don't need to be aware of the different argumentative ploys people use?
No we just need Christ, We are not supposed to be here to argue, but the enemy loves hooking us and dragging us into them fighting. JEsus new the hearts of men, so should we.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we are all old fashioned to some :D
Indeed, some people claiming to be Christian it seems want to throw parts of scripture because it is obsolete. To me means they simply do not have or are ignoring the Interpreter, the Holy Spirit! I guess some say the same thing about me.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Nancy