"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David, I'm with the others, I see much in you I like, but I'm not into this kind of conversation.

I can be interested in this if I want to be, and there's nothing wrong with that. Call it stupid, at the same time you're saying I'm stupid. What do you expect that to accomplish?

stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
adjective
  1. having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
If you think the Mark of the Beast has something to do with 501, c3, and 1023, then you do show a lack of common sense. I stand by my comment.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
David, I'm with the others, I see much in you I like, but I'm not into this kind of conversation.

I can be interested in this if I want to be, and there's nothing wrong with that. Call it stupid, at the same time you're saying I'm stupid. What do you expect that to accomplish?
sure tells me all i need to know :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
stu·pid
/ˈst(y)o͞opəd/
adjective
  1. having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
If you think the Mark of the Beast has something to do with 501, c3, and 1023, then you do show a lack of common sense. I stand by my comment.
well if you dont think signing Contracts for Jesus to enter a Christian Congregation into financial arrangements with a government is hinky, then the lack of "common sense" is your own wadr.

We didnt manipulate 501 c3 1023 at all, see.
ha well i guess not huh

look im a hypocrite too ok m taylor, so i dont mean to judge you here, but you are treading on real thin ice if you want to keep calling names. Bc i am not a nice guy, ok? And i have gone halfway around the world flat broke on a dare.
Nope. But the post you quoted was quoting a post that appeared to be trolling.
and i take it your are not fam with the naive dialectic? i ask bc some seminaries touch on it, but most dont i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hey. I just said it was interesting. No need to get insulting. Considering that we have the power of God available to us, can't we do better than that?
this is what happens imo when the obv signs are ignored, and we find ourselves in league with those commending themselves to each other

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, some people claiming to be Christian it seems want to throw parts of scripture because it is obsolete. To me means they simply do not have or are ignoring the Interpreter, the Holy Spirit! I guess some say the same thing about me.

Now THAT is old fashioned :D

Reactions: amadeus

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if you dont think signing Contracts for Jesus to enter a Christian Congregation into financial arrangements with a government is hinky, then the lack of "common sense" is your own wadr.
Not the same thing.

look im a hypocrite too ok m taylor, so i dont mean to judge you here, but you are treading on real thin ice if you want to keep calling names. Bc i am not a nice guy, ok? And i have gone halfway around the world flat broke on a dare.
I'm sorry, are you threatening me?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible COMMANDS the preaching of the Word. You realize this right?
I do realize that; but I wonder how you square that with your other beliefs. That was written by Paul to Timothy before the canon was closed. Would it apply afterwards as well? We know the early Christians preached verbally to non-Christians. They were appointed to do it. It was an apostolic calling. I understand that. What I do not understand is what you believe about it later.

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Note that the word translated there as "sent" is "apostello" in Greek. That word is used of the twelve when Jesus sent them out to preach. How do you believe that could apply to people today in your system of beliefs since you think things got changed when the canon was closed? In short, who commissioned you to preach?

Secondly, when you preach, you do not restrict yourself to reading the Bible alone. I know that from listening to part of a sermon, so how do you justify adding other thoughts? Where are those other thoughts coming from? You seem to be following a tradition of some sort to me; and when you disagree with people here, it's not over the Bible itself but over the differing traditions. By what authority can you state that your tradition is wrong and other people's is wrong?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Secondly, when you preach, you do not restrict yourself to reading the Bible alone. I know that from listening to part of a sermon, so how do you justify adding other thoughts? Where are those other thoughts coming from? You seem to be following a tradition of some sort to me; and when you disagree with people here, it's not over the Bible itself but over the differing traditions. By what authority can you state that your tradition is wrong and other people's is wrong?
Good questions.

I follow Sola Scriptura, not Solo Scriptura. They are different. So what do I read? I read commentaries, dictionaries, etc. LOTS of them. But I always check them against Scripture.

As far as what authority I can state my beliefs are right or wrong? It depends on the doctrine. There are some that are non-negotiable. For example, I am dogmatic on the Trinity, the means of Salvation, etc. I am not so dogmatic on other things such as what is or is not permissible in a church known as the regulative principle.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I’m sorry, you’ve lost me. Where is heaven?
ha well why ask me lol, within you, directly over your head, where the wind comes from, where Yah lives, but my point was that John was likely not trying to give us a vision of a literal place, and even if he was for some reason, he understood that No one has ever gone up to heaven, Where I am going you cannot come, There is only One Immortal etc, right? So he would not be trying to lead us to your conclusion? The pardon me Mithraist one, that denies ...Who lives in unapproachable light

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, and I said the idea was stupid. I did not say you were stupid.
only now you dont, right
Not the same thing.
in your opinion, maybe, but note that you are employing satan's dialectic there, speaking as if you know, and what you just said is supposedly a "fact?"

so iow should i forgive someone who is standing where it should not be, m taylor?
I'm sorry, are you threatening me?
i dunno, were you calling ppl names or not, "pastor" taylor?

seems to me that if you were really sorry you would be apologizing, and not justifying?

I mean, i am inclined to forgive you anyway, as i get that you are just arguing your points as best you know how, m taylor, but you might remember your station, and maybe even all you have to lose, ok?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Something to do with @bbyrd009 favorite quote" who told you, you where naked". I guess that comes when we discover how perfect He is and how imperfect we are so many run and hide from Him, as if they could.
a great def of hell might be the inability to accept forgiveness, imo. Which does not make sense maybe, until we contemplate having been forgiven or forgiving someone who does not feel they are in error...

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, actually I wasn't. And I'm not a pastor. I called an idea stupid. There is a difference.
ok so then i wasnt either, and you'll never see it coming either, m taylor, so just keep up with your not calling ppl names i guess, and see what happens