"Have you ever had a spiritual paranormal encounter?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have zero understanding of why the reformation began, and why it was needed. The later Protestant reformers weren't protesting the former protestants, they were just coming further it from Rome. But the first reformers became stuck in their one protective of truth and failed to search or accept further truth. Thus they then persecuted those that came after. Like Calvin persecuting Baptists. Calvin did not come out of Luther. He came out of Rome, just further than Luther. Same with Wesley. The Wesley brothers didn't come out of Calvinism, they also simply took further steps away from the apostasy of Rome. None of those churches are now protesting. They are going back to Rome.
Lol.....Ummmm as a historian I believe I have a better grasp on why the Reformation began then you do!! ;)

I agree that a Reformation was needed HOWEVER that "Reformation" was actually a revolution. That revolution continues today AGAINST the Protestant Reformers and the reformers of the Reformers to the point that your Protestant brothers/sisters are blessing gay marriages, homosexual lifestyles, abortion clinics, actively gay pastors etc. Oh my what the revolution YOU support has brought to Christianity and the world!!! :(

Soooooo it has bee revealed to YOU who "failed to search or accept further truth"???? Fascinating.....Did the Holy Spirit reveal this to you???

If Protestant churches are not still protesting then why have they not renounced their doctrine and embraced The Catholic Churches doctrine?? Your theory is not backed up by ANY facts.

Best wishes....Mary

Reactions: marksman

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is ZERO support in Scripture for this.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
All that are in the presence of God can fill His presence.

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Reactions: marksman

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you take isolated incidents and base a whole theology around it? What about those who were saved but no tongues were recorded as corresponding? What about Paul clearly saying not everyone speaks in tongues?

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are still overlooking the fact that tongues do not serve as a sign towards the believers but towards the unbelievers.

Not everyone speaks in tongues as Paul has testified and not every event when people got saved spoke in tongues either. The Ethiopian eunuch didn't because it was just him and Philip so there was no need for a sign towards unbelievers at that time.

Did you know that a Catholic site cited one of the early church "fathers" as testifying to tongues still being spoken in the assembly as a sign that they were keeping the doctrines within still?

Did you know that some believers use tongues as a sign for when they were saved even though they had been a believer long before that supernatural moment?

Did you know that Joyce Meyers took that same kind of supernatural moment and interpret that tongue to serve as a sign of God calling her into the ministry?

So who is telling the truth about how tongues serve as a sign towards believers about anything? No one. So don't make the same mistake.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. 22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you take isolated incidents and base a whole theology around it? What about those who were saved but no tongues were recorded as corresponding? What about Paul clearly saying not everyone speaks in tongues?
There are many Denominations out there. They all promise eternal life. It basically requires that you believe what your Pastor tells you or in your case, what you tell your congregation.

I have made a choice that I know is true. I am not perfect and I don't say that I am, but I know God personally and He is still working on me. I am the temple of God.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many Denominations out there. They all promise eternal life. It basically requires that you believe what your Pastor tells you or in your case, what you tell your congregation.

I have made a choice that I know is true. I am not perfect and I don't say that I am, but I know God personally and He is still working on me. I am the temple of God.
1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

So then since He dwells in you, what would be the point for the Holy Spirit to be felt outside of you where the spirit of the antichrist dwells? None.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

None of which shows how tongues are required for salvation.

Reactions: historyb and Enow

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thank you for your reply.The Lord warned me one day while reading something from the Upper Room or the Daily Bread that I was to choose that day Whom I will serve, the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name. I answered out loud and said "You, of course," but the urgency remained and so I prayed "Help me to do it" and I had received His peace. A week later on vacation with my folks to my aunt's family about four states over, they had shown a video about a holy laughter event that had happened in their church just a week prior. When service began, two young people shared their supernatural experience and then the pastor said that he did not know what was going on, but he was going to go along with it. Then he announced that no man can move the Holy Spirit, but man must move out of the way and the Holy Spirit will move in". That's new age mentality FYI. Anyway, I did not connect the warning from the Lord to that event and I felt a presence in the church of a hand behind me pushing me forward where there was no one behind me to do that. Long story short, that was the spirit of the antichrist that I felt in the church when the Lord edified me by His words that the real Holy Spirit is in me and that His role is to testify of the Son to glorify the Son for why as His disciple, I serve Him as led by the Spirit to do and thus the Lord kept me from "falling for that" in serving that movement in seeking the glory of it and by that movement of the spirit of the antichrist.The Lord Jesus Christ is not glorified in the holy laughter movement by having the spotlight on the visiting spirit making people lose self control to laugh or fall backwards and so that is why by my armchair quarterbacking, you are waving the banner of the restoration movement in seeking the glory of that movement for all the drama that comes by it without mentioning nary the name of Jesus Christ nor crediting Him at all. Paul warned about how some will depart from faith to give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils in 1 Timothy 4:1 whereby their conscience will be seared with a hot iron in hypocrisy ( 1 Timothy 4:1 ) by how they acknowledge the Holy Spirit is in them and yet they are receiving Him again apart from salvation. It is a lie for why God will permit that strong delusion to occur as Paul warned about this iniquity that will cause the falling away from the faith in the latter days and how that iniquity was already at work in His day in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 as those that err risk a damnation of becoming a vessel unto dishonor in His House as per ( 2 Timothy 2:18-21 ) and how Paul reminded believers when the only time a believer will receive the sanctification of the Spirit was when they had received the love of the truth at the calling of the gospel in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15. He goes on to testify in the next chapter that those that err and have not faith & are disorderly ( 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 ) are still brothers, but we are to withdraw from the to admonish them as per 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15. Experiences do not trump scripture nor the lines of discernment drawn by the scripture when testing the spirits.How can that not be seen as preaching another gospel? How can angels joining the congregation in singing not make that congregation "look" superior?
I just object to the fact that you still have not glorified the Son nor exalted the name of Jesus at all but the name of the restoration movement.
1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Another sad diatribe from an armchair critic. Especially when for 30 years we had a visitation of the Spirit at our meetings who taught us how to put the word of God into practice. But then, what do you expect when you cannot see further than your nose.

And I notice the question asked was have you ever HAD a paranormal spiritual encounter...NOT what is your view on a spiritual paranormal encounter? You have not had one so you should not be writing here.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

And what about Paul saying he wished that all spoke in tongues. You are a bit selective and doing what you accuse others of doing.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are still overlooking the fact that tongues do not serve as a sign towards the believers but towards the unbelievers.

As there are two types of tongues, which one are you referring to?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The apostle John did warn believers to not believe every spirit but test them in 1 John 4:1 and I believe that test is knowing the Holy Spirit is in you ( John 14:16-17 )

Sorry, but no that is not the case. Testing the Spirits is testing whether they are from God or from satan. One of the most deceptive spirits is the spirit of Jezebel and it often seems to be from God but if you don't know how to test the spirits, you will be duped by it. Having seen the spirit destroy churches I know what I am talking about.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another sad diatribe from an armchair critic. Especially when for 30 years we had a visitation of the Spirit at our meetings who taught us how to put the word of God into practice. But then, what do you expect when you cannot see further than your nose.

And I notice the question asked was have you ever HAD a paranormal spiritual encounter...NOT what is your view on a spiritual paranormal encounter? You have not had one so you should not be writing here.

I had a paranormal encounter one time of the holy laughter movement in 1994. It was not of the Lord. There was a Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade back when I was in high school where supposed healing occurs when the Holy Spirit comes and falls on people. There are other paranormal encounters but had nothing to do with what you are talking about.

And you are ignoring Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 for why you need to recheck what you believe because the Holy Spirit has no need to visit the worship place when He is in you always since salvation at the calling of the gospel, brother. You are being conned by seducing spirits.

Ask yourself why the Holy Spirit would perform in the same methodology that sinners do when communing with their spirits? How can you prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil if sinners with their spirits can come in and join the same assembly and you wouldn't know it?

You are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ in seeking His glory. You are serving a movement and the glory of it.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As there are two types of tongues, which one are you referring to?

There is God's gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:21 ) and then there is the supernatural tongue found in the world that is not a foreign language at all but gibberish nonsense ( Isaiah 8:19 )

Some believers believe they have the actual God's gift of tongues by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation, but they found out they were wrong when they hired a linguist to record everything and translate it and found it to be gibberish nonsense and not a foreign language at all. So that means those that were interpreting the tongues in the assembly, were winging it. Joyce Meyers says how she interprets tongues by getting the feeling or the gits of what is being said. It is no wonder why so many think they are interpreting tongues when they are not.

I suspect all tongues supposedly gained by receiving the Holy Spirit apart from salvation. Any supernatural phenomenon that happens not at the calling of the gospel when a sinner believes in Jesus Christ to be saved is circumspect, especially when a supernatural tongue comes by it as many assume that because it does not comes with interpretation, it is for private use which I say it is not and that it is not of Him at all.

We all suppose to be sharing this testimony.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Paul would remind you of when any one receives the sanctification of the Spirit which is at the calling of the gospel when we believed in Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

As it is, brother, you are believing every spirit when you should have tested them and that test is by knowing He is in you as in greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. Verse 2 below is the same thing as 2 Corinthians 13:5 in the examination of our faith as Jesus Christ is in us. The term "is come" in verse 2 & 3 is about where the Spirit of Christ is.. and that is why the line of discernment is Him in you and what is being felt outside of you is the spirit of the antichrist.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

I am gravely concern for you, brother. You need to go before that throne of grace for help to discern & to depart from this iniquity & those spirits.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but no that is not the case. Testing the Spirits is testing whether they are from God or from satan. One of the most deceptive spirits is the spirit of Jezebel and it often seems to be from God but if you don't know how to test the spirits, you will be duped by it. Having seen the spirit destroy churches I know what I am talking about.

Try applying what you had said to what the apostle John said in 1 John 4:1-6 and it will not line up, because verse 4 reproves your movement.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try applying what you had said to what the apostle John said in 1 John 4:1-6 and it will not line up, because verse 4 reproves your movement.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not in a movement and the passage is talking about the spirit of antichrist, not a Jezebel spirit.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had a paranormal encounter one time of the holy laughter movement in 1994. It was not of the Lord. There was a Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade back when I was in high school where supposed healing occurs when the Holy Spirit comes and falls on people. There are other paranormal encounters but had nothing to do with what you are talking about.

And you are ignoring Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 for why you need to recheck what you believe because the Holy Spirit has no need to visit the worship place when He is in you always since salvation at the calling of the gospel, brother. You are being conned by seducing spirits.

Ask yourself why the Holy Spirit would perform in the same methodology that sinners do when communing with their spirits? How can you prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil if sinners with their spirits can come in and join the same assembly and you wouldn't know it?

You are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ in seeking His glory. You are serving a movement and the glory of it.

Of course, you would know never having been part of it. What is commonly known as an armchair critic? Shall I let you into a secret? Armchair critics have never impressed me. I would rather listen to and be advised by people who have produced the goods. By their fruits, I think the scripture describes it.

Of course one should know that you are being conned when you get a prophecy that comes to pass. Of course one should know that you are being conned when you lay hands on someone and they are delivered of a demon. Of course, you should know that when you pray for someone's release from a fatherless spirit and they are set free you are being conned. Of course, you should know when you lay hands on someone to be healed of one leg shorter than the other and as you pray one leg gets longer you are being conned. And of course, when a Muslim tells you he has become a believer in Jesus because of a visitation he had you are being conned, thousands of times over.

And when a dead child is brought to you and you lay hands on him and he comes back to life it is all a con.