Headship, Submission and Women in Ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
marksman said:
The Anglican Church has an estimated membership of 85 million. if that is not a majority I do not know what is.

Once again you are calling me a liar so I will report it to the moderators.
Who estimated this, YOU? Even most modern figures only peg them world wide as 73 million and that's generous given most of them don't even attend weekly church. The latest figure I read (The Telegraph) was below 765,000 last year;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12095251/Church-of-England-attendance-plunges-to-record-low.html
Now considering the world total of Christians is 2 billion, yes that is a small percentage. In fact, less than 4% of the total Christian population in the world; http://www.adherents.com/adh_branches.html#Christianity

Once again, telling you you're wrong, is not the same as calling you a liar, but you're not far from that eventuality if you keep responding like this. Get a grip and start making some sense, instead of all your nonsense.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
marksman said:
​What style? As I said, I cannot understand abstracts. For the autistic person that is introducing new ideas without explaining them which is what "used to that style" is.
Nothing NEW about this, and quite conveniently you use this excuse all the time when you don't have a ready answer. You're NOT fooling anyone with that disingenuous malarkey.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Barrd said:
He is referring to the errors I called you on.
Junia is a girl's name. Adding an "s" doesn't make her a boy.
And "kinsman" is a generic term, like "mankind".
I shouldn't have to explain these simple things to you.
The Barrd,

In this thread, those who conclude in support of women in public teaching, prophesying and other ministry, have provided the exegesis. We have attempted to rebut the opponents.

What is the end result? There is no movement by either of us. Does that mean that traditionalists will choose to continue to go to traditionalist churches that close women down in public vocal ministry to a mixed audience? Does it mean that egalitarians will have to choose churches that already accept this biblical perspective of open ministry for women?

Is it time to give up trying to provide biblical evidence in support of one's position? If this thread is any indication, there is no movement either way by anyone when the evidence is presented.

Is it time to quit trying to provide the biblical evidence on this topic?

Oz

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Who estimated this, YOU? Even most modern figures only peg them world wide as 73 million and that's generous given most of them don't even attend weekly church. The latest figure I read (The Telegraph) was below 765,000 last year;
​And how many denominations can boast a membership of 85 million? You do like splitting hairs don't you. I get the impression you have membership of one.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Nothing NEW about this, and quite conveniently you use this excuse all the time when you don't have a ready answer. You're NOT fooling anyone with that disingenuous malarkey.
I see you are being rude and offensive again so I have reported you to the moderators...again.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Oh, you mean like how you post all those scriptures with NO exegesis?
​As I have already told you, the verses do not need any explanation as they are self explanatory. You have gone out of your way to let me know that you know everything and I know nothing so why is it that you can't see what is so obvious. I guess to admit to that fact would mean admitting what you said about Elders not being leaders of the church was totally wrong and judging by your comments that is anathema to you.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
I said ALL of them and I've already addressed them, but apparently TELLING you doesn't really help.
​So if you said ALL of them, my post about my education is a lie according to you. Thankyou for clarifying that. I will report it to the moderators that once again you have called me a liar.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12095251/Church-of-England-attendance-plunges-to-record-low.html
Now considering the world total of Christians is 2 billion, yes that is a small percentage. In fact, less than 4% of the total Christian population in the world; http://www.adherents.com/adh_branches.html#Christianity

Once again, telling you you're wrong, is not the same as calling you a liar, but you're not far from that eventuality if you keep responding like this. Get a grip and start making some sense, instead of all your nonsense.
I have just reported you again for your pejorative language. You have got it real bad.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OzSpen said:
Since you did not deal with the content of my discussion, you gave me another red herring here. You seem to be incapable of addressing the issues I raised. There is no shouting from me. They are simply headings in a larger font.

Bye, Bye
Oz :wub:
I find too many implausible 'holes' in the anti-women in ministry position.

​As there is nothing under the above how can it be a heading in a large font?