Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]Love it!

Me too!!!........ another chance to use a “ Fallen From Grace” , Leaven Spreader as a “ Springboard”to get Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for the Newbies that have not been Ruined yet by Modern-Day Judaizers ...MAy I extend a warm hug to both of you guys!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said the man sleeping with his father's wife had to do something for him to be saved when Jesus comes back.

You certainly got “ that” right ! There WAS something he had to do in order to be Saved! Just like every OTHER man that was ever Saved! REPENT!!! That means to “Turn to God”( repent) with “Faith in Jesus Christ”....
God did to this guy the same thing that he does to ALL Foolish Believers....God Chastised Him..he got kicked out of the Church....this troubled the guy enough to get him to straighten up....had he NOT straightened up....God probably would have taken the poor Sap Home with a premature death....Salvation intact because he was a Believer...

I know that this severely rankles you .... I know it gets your panties in a Bunch and I apologize profusely, but it has to be mentioned .....it’s Biblical...... “ Where Sin abounds, GRACE super abounds”....WRITE IT DOWN

Last edited:
Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would contend that the reason why you are ignoring me is because there is a logic in what I am saying that you are not able to gainsay nor resist.

I want so sincerely to continue to ignore you ......I’m even gonna ignore THIS.....sorry, I ain’t gonna take your bait....you and your False Gospel have committed the Ultimate Sin—- you bore me....

Reactions: HisLife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]Love it!

Me too!!!........ another chance to use a “ Fallen From Grace” , Leaven Spreader as a “ Springboard”to get Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for the Newbies that have not been Ruined yet by Modern-Day Judaizers ...MAy I extend a warm hug to both of you guys!
Why do you love it? it refutes your concept that repentance isn't turning away from sin.

Here, write these down.....

Hebrews 6:1
....repentance from dead works....

2 Timothy 2:19
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.”

1 Peter 3:11
11They must turn from evil and do good...

It shows that even in the New Testament, repentance is defined as turning away from sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want so sincerely to continue to ignore you ......I’m even gonna ignore THIS.....sorry, I ain’t gonna take your bait....you and your False Gospel have committed the Ultimate Sin—- you bore me....
Then my contentions will go unanswered by you....and I will win the argument by default.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You certainly got “ that” right ! There WAS something he had to do in order to be Saved! Just like every OTHER man that was ever Saved! REPENT!!! That means to “Turn to God”( repent) with “Faith in Jesus Christ”....
God did to this guy the same thing that he does to ALL Foolish Believers....God Chastised Him..he got kicked out of the Church....this troubled the guy enough to get him to straighten up....had he NOT straightened up....God probably would have taken the poor Sap Home with a premature death....Salvation intact because he was a Believer...

I know that this severely rankles you .... I know it gets your panties in a Bunch and I apologize profusely, but it has to be mentioned .....it’s Biblical...... “ Where Sin abounds, GRACE super abounds”....WRITE IT DOWN
To REPENT is to cease being a worker (doer) of iniquity.

For, if anyone continues to be a worker (doer) of iniquity, they will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

Therefore, repentance is necessary for salvation.

Very simple.

Don't be deceived by anyone who would try to complicate it.

2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

A Jesus who does not deliver from sin is not the Jesus of the Bible.

1Jo 3:8, He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

If you are continuing in sin but you think you have Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you are effectively saying that Jesus is the devil.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Maybe there's a language barrier here. You have the assurance that you really are called and elected by your works, because unsaved people don't have lives growing up into works of righteousness. Only saved people do. That's how and why works show if you are saved or not.
Maybe and maybe not.

I am sticking with what Peter said ~ Growing in the Spirit (2 Peter 1:5-10).

Those who can grow in the Spirit could only be those who were born of the Spirit.

We see people, both Christian and non-Christian, doing works which appears good and righteous. Feeding the hungry, giving aid to victims of flood, of fire, of war, etc. Yet we know that not all of them could have been born of the Spirit. So then, it could not be by works nor by doing works.

Looking at works and the man (oneself) is an old covenant mind. Looking at the Spirit and Jesus Christ is the new covenant mind.

Tong
R1616

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Sometimes God's people are compelled to boast, because unbelieving folk ask for proof of what they are saying, about entire sanctification being possible. Sometimes the only way those unbelieving folk are going to be able to see the truth is if we tell them that God has done that work in our own lives so that, over time, as they test that in us, they can see that it is indeed the reality and that the doctrine is true.

I tend not to boast about the work that the Lord has done in my heart unless someone is denying that it is possible for the Lord to do that work in anyone's heart. Then I give them my testimony, so that they can know that it is indeed possible.
Any boasting in one’s work and person is never pleasing to God. So one must not get compelled.

Besides, the Christian testify of the truth by showing and telling them what scriptures say the truth is. Yes, he (life and works) too can be another form of testimony to them. The former testimony being in words and the latter being in works. Words are spoken, works are not. Words are understood by what is spoken and works are understood by what action is done. In both cases, there is no boasting and there should be no boasting. For what does the Christian have that he did not received? Also, the Christian must realize that it is the Holy Spirit who enables one to see the truth, not the Christian. So, the Christian should not make the mistake of thinking that he can do that and act as though he can. That by itself is boasting.

The fact is, John 3:16 bases the "should not perish" on believing in Christ.

So, if someone ceases to believe in Christ, the "should not perish" no longer applies.

It comes back to what we say about Luke 8:13. Someone who believes for a while, and then falls away in a time of temptation, does not continue to have salvation.

To say otherwise is heresy.
One should take passages in scriptures in the right and proper contexts and not beyond what message they were out to say.

John 3:16 does not speak anything about one ceasing to believe.

Regarding Luke 8:13, Jesus was not saying anything about the matter of continuing to have salvation. That is out of the point of the parable.

Tong
R1617

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thank you, @Blood Bought 1953, for being a springboard as the false teacher that you are for me to set forth the true gospel of Jesus Christ or a major aspect of it; which is that a man must repent (turn away from sin) in order to be saved.

I would say that an unbeliever must repent unto God and faith towards Jesus Christ unto salvation. And that the believer must repent from sin if he is a true disciple of Christ.

Tong
R1618

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Good guess, 100% pass,. mind you neither does Jesus just ignorant men.
God has spoken through chosen men and in various times and ways. Finally He had spoken by His Son, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1). He also had spoken through creation. What God has spoken, are what were recorded in Scriptures (Bible), written out by men God had inspired to do so. In that sense, they are God’s words and collectively and in whole, is the word of God.

Tong
R1619

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Nothing happened. The assurance of your hope and the assurance of your calling and election to that hope are the same thing. Assurance of salvation comes from seeing Christ in you by the Holy Spirit, who motivates all kinds of works of righteousness in your life. That work shows that we belong to the truth....

1 John 3:18-19
...let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. 19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth
<<<The assurance of your hope and the assurance of your calling and election to that hope are the same thing. >>>

While assurance of hope and assurance of calling and election point to salvation, it would be a mistake to say they are the same thing.

Such mistake leads to another mistake in using Hebrews 6:10-11 to support the unbiblical idea that believers should look to their good works as evidence of their election and as the basis for their assurance of salvation >>>"the same diligence to the full assurance of hope". Verse 11 is not saying that. The writer meant that they, to whom he was addressing in his letter, need to be diligent regarding something they have already obtained, not to obtain something, that is "assurance." He urged them to be diligent and to stop being lazy as they had become then at the time, while waiting patiently for God to fulfill His promises to them regarding their future inheritance >>> imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises (v.12).

Tong
R1621

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you still have the mind that your spiritual growth is by your works, so be it with you. I think nothing I will say would matter regarding that anyway. I’ve shown you the scriptures. That’s all I can do for you regarding that.
Tong
R1612

Tong R1612, you are correct.

"working out our salvation" is not us working to keep it, or working to evolve it..
Its learning by revelation....exactly who we are IN IT< so that we can operate perfectly according to who Salvation has recreated us "in Christ", to be.

Salvation is us becoming a "new Creation in Christ"......"not of this World".......
So, we have to learn what that means, and function in our understanding according to this spiritual reality.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This coming from the person who denies indwelling sin (and 1 John 1:8 declares that he deceives himself and the truth is not in him).

IF you have sin, then you are not saved.
IF you have sin then Jesus has not died for it yet.
So, you need to get that resolved., don't you?

Try to understand that God will not let you become "ONE" with Him, if you have sin.

Try to understand this, at some point, and go from there.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....God probably would have taken the poor Sap Home with a premature death....Salvation intact because he was a Believer...
If he was a believer, then why does he have to be turned over to satan to be saved?

"so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord." 1 Corinthians 5:5

I know that this severely rankles you .... it’s Biblical...... “ Where Sin abounds, GRACE super abounds”....
Then why the uncertainty of his spirit being saved by being turned over to satan?

"so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord." 1 Corinthians 5:5

I looked it up. 'May' is a subjunctive verb, which means "the mood of possibility and potentiality. The action described may or may not occur, depending upon circumstances." If this was a believer, and "where sin abounds, grace super abounds", why is it not certain that turning him over to satan will result in him being saved?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You miss the point, they actually think they can keep the law....
What's so hard about keeping a Sabbath? And even if they failed at some point they have the blood of Christ to cover that, just like the blood of Christ covers our sins. You're unfairly holding them to a higher standard of obedience than you do yourself.

...they think that it is obedience to do so...
That's right, they think it is obedience to do so. So, who are you or I to persuade them to not be obedient and cause them to sin against their conscience? They are bound by conscience to do what they do, and we are being unloving if we cause them to sin against their conscience (Romans 14:15). We would be in the wrong for causing them to stumble, way more than you think they are in the wrong for keeping Sabbath.

...but they have by there own wisdom put themselves under the "curse" of the law....
Only if they are doing it to earn a declaration of righteousness in their own righteousness. But as it is, they are not doing it for that reason. They are not doing it to earn salvation in their own righteousness. They're keeping it for the same reason you and I don't steal, or lie, or murder, etc.

...the law is not of faith simply put they dont believe, it is all their own work.
The law is not of faith in regard to justification. They are not keeping Sabbath for the purpose of earning a declaration of righteousness through their own righteousness. They are doing it for the same reason they do not murder, or commit adultery, or steal—the same reason we do not murder, or commit adultery, or steal.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sticking with what Peter said ~ Growing in the Spirit (2 Peter 1:5-10).

Those who can grow in the Spirit could only be those who were born of the Spirit.
"First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean." Matthew 23:26

You're not really changing on the inside if you're not changing on the outside. Ultimately, you can't separate the two as you are trying to do.

We see people, both Christian and non-Christian, doing works which appears good and righteous. Feeding the hungry, giving aid to victims of flood, of fire, of war, etc. Yet we know that not all of them could have been born of the Spirit. So then, it could not be by works nor by doing works.

Looking at works and the man (oneself) is an old covenant mind. Looking at the Spirit and Jesus Christ is the new covenant mind.
7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil... 1 John 3:7-8

Don't throw away John's words just because you know of an atheist that's more kind to the poor than most Christians. You need to broaden your view of what righteous works looks like in a person's life. It includes the manifestations of all of the fruit of the Spirit, not just kindness or mercy, for example. Being righteous as He is righteous also means being a patient person, a forgiving person, a faithful person, a gentle person, a self controlled person. Works of righteousness, all of which are visible to the naked eye.

These unbelievers who can be generous in times of need are the same soulless creeps who can otherwise be so greedy, and hateful, and immoral as a matter of lifestyle. They do not lead lives of righteousness just because they give to charity. The righteous life includes a lot more than that. And, you'll notice in scripture that the love Christians have is especially noteworthy in regard to the people of God. Unbelievers are not very sympathetic and loving to the church, that's for sure.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The writer meant that they, to whom he was addressing in his letter, need to be diligent regarding something they have already obtained, not to obtain something, that is "assurance."
This shows me this has indeed been a breakdown in communication due to language differences.

Our righteous works give us the assurance that we have already obtained salvation. This has nothing to do with righteous works somehow securing salvation. Works provide the evidence that we are already saved and, therefore, ready to meet Christ when he comes back.