Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But yes, there is boasting in the Lord. And that is different from boasting in one’s work and person or boasting in one’s self.

One might boast in what the Lord has done in his life in terms of the holiness that the Lord has produced in his life.

And that might be misconstrued by the overly judgmental as boasting in one's self.

It is not my position that if someone falls away, that is, reject Christ or the gospel, that he continue to have salvation. My position is that if someone (one who calls himself a Christian) reject Christ or the gospel, he is shown to be not a genuine Christian. As such, the matter of him continuing to have salvation is really of no basis or senseless. My position is that no genuine Christian would later reject Christ or the Gospel.

You should take a closer look at Luke 8:12-13. In verse 12, it shows that the faith being spoken of is saving faith. And in verse 13, it shows that a person can have such a faith and then fall away later because of temptation.

I would contend that a person who has saving faith can permanently fall away later. (This ought to produce the fear of the LORD in the one who hears it.) But what did their faith save them from? Certainly not hell; because they did not continue in it and therefore did not have everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven. It saved them from their sins (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14); but only for a season.

hahaha you don't know fantasy from reality how could anyone agree with what your saying, He has and Its the same situation I find, You completely ignore the facts, How many times has he said repentance is necessary and then defines repentance and you completely ignore it, and you say repentance means turn from your sins, which isn't a term found in the bible when it comes to been saved, God repented God Didn't sin, If God repented it doesn't mean stop or turn from sin does it... so your wrong case closed, Listen and Learn from BB Humble yourself now you know your wrong and realize BB doesn't say anything that contradicts the bible from what I have seen in over 2 years, then you can thank me later, your welcome

The following post by @Ferris Bueller proved that God calls us to repentance and that this is defined as turning away from sin...

Here, write these down.....

Hebrews 6:1
....repentance from dead works....

2 Timothy 2:19
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.”

1 Peter 3:11
11They must turn from evil and do good...

These are also New Testament examples that define repentance as turning away from sin.

hahaha you don't know fantasy from reality how could anyone agree with what your saying, He has and Its the same situation I find, You completely ignore the facts,

That is typical of spiritual narcissists who are not really interested in facts or listening to what the other person has to say, but are only looking for their next opportunity to speak.

Love The Sinner Hate The Sin

While you are writing theological junk by the pound, telling us that if we have a desire to sin, we are not born again, = you sin and confess........as you have admitted more then once.
So, really, justbyfaith.
I think you should be real quiet, for a while, until you see yourself, and resolve your own self deception.

Again, a man may sin although he desires not to sin (see Romans 7:14-25).

Therefore, the fact that I have sinned and then confessed my sins when I have done so, does not translate into me desiring sin.

I do not desire to sin (though I may sin in the future)...and therefore I am not excluded from my definition of having been born again.

But what about you? Do you desire to sin? The fact that you have defended the idea that a man can desire to sin and yet still be born of God indicates to me that it may even be the case...

If so, you are not born again.

For all of those who are born of God have a desire for holiness and a hatred for sin.

At least, I know that this is the work that the Lord did in my heart when He made me born again.

Hell is filled to the rooftop with "doers" who "cast out devils" in Jesus's Name, and gave their life to ALL the "deeds" that Legalists are always trying to pretend is how you prove you are trying to save yourself.

Here is the Final answer..
If you are not born again, you do not go to heaven.
If you are born again, is WHY you will go to heaven, and there is NO other reason.
"deeds", need not apply to the Grace of God.
Not ever.

And, to be born again means that you "do not" and "cannot" commit sin (1 John 3:9)...

If you are born again, you are no longer a worker of iniquity...

Because if you are a worker (doer) of iniquity, you will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41)...

Peter definitely is not saying anything about doing the qualities of the Spirit.

At the very least, the final quality that is mentioned (love) is something that we do (1 John 3:17-18).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My take on that differs. Also, I don’t find Philippians 2:12 <fify> and 2 Peter 1:10 as saying the same thing.
I do.

Maybe the Lord just hasn't given you the proper insight into what these verses mean.

He made it as clear as day to me.

I would suggest that you ask the Holy Spirit for illumination.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hahaha you don't know fantasy from reality
I do know fantasy from reality; however you do not believe my testimony about something that really did happen in my life; that I did indeed live out something that I had seen in a movie many years earlier; and this happened more than once.

I suppose that Jesus also made some far-fetched statements and this is part of the reason why He ended up telling people that if they would believe in Him, He would give them everlasting life.

I will not go as far as to say that; but I will point out this scripture.

Jhn 7:37, In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38, He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jhn 7:39, (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I have believed on Him, therefore, out of my belly flows rivers of living water.

And therefore, as Jesus said, so can I say:

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

The third time it shall do double damage (Ezekiel 21:14 (nkjv)).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean he's not saying anything about doing the qualities of the Spirit?

8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they (these spiritual qualities) will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:8

See what he's saying? When you add goodness to your faith it produces good behavior. When you add love to your faith it produces loving behavior. These virtues are what causes that to happen. This is all about producing actions.

We live in the age of this 'do nothing' Christianity where just thinking 'goodness', or thinking 'love' is having the righteousness of God and proves you are saved. Ultimately, if all you have are thoughts, and no actions, you don't have God in you by the Spirit.

17If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? James 2:14-16
Dead faith can not save you. But the church will argue vehemently with you that it will.
Meaty...

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The following post by @Ferris Bueller proved that God calls us to repentance and that this is defined as turning away from sin...

Are you using the different versions Now to closer resemble what you are trying to push? You should turn away from Sin it should be common sense, but you don't push that you say you have to turn away from Sin to be saved, We have been through this you are playing games again, You try and make Salvation impossible as No one in their own power can turn from there sins, You turn to Jesus Who Died for your sins

I do know fantasy from reality; however you do not believe my testimony about something that really did happen in my life; that I did indeed live out something that I had seen in a movie many years earlier; and this happened more than once.

I suppose that Jesus also made some far-fetched statements and this is part of the reason why He ended up telling people that if they would believe in Him, He would give them everlasting life.

I will not go as far as to say that; but I will point out this scripture.

Jhn 7:37, In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38, He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jhn 7:39, (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

I have believed on Him, therefore, out of my belly flows rivers of living water.

And therefore, as Jesus said, so can I say:

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

The third time it shall do double damage (Ezekiel 21:14 (nkjv)).

Well that confirms Dan Was right....

There are a lot of movies, Once I saw a Movie and they were eating lunch, And you know what..... a time in the future I was eating lunch see how easy it happens, not amazing, The cameras doing time travel and going in and out of reality and recording you so they don't have to pay actors don't even know if i got that right it was hard to follow but that is not true, that's not reality, so you do have trouble, Eve didn't have sinless Elves Besides Who would be the Elves Father but anyway that's just crazy, And Santa Didn't Find the Tree Of life, I don't Say it to be harsh But you do have trouble with reality which is ok if you admit it but until then.....

Don't know what to say to you really except your not Jesus, The verses talk about Jesus, You can Show Love And you Can Give Gods Word But you cant Give eternal life and you cant Give Living Water, It Can Flow Out of you but you Cant give it its not yours to give

Its at the point Where it would be better to ignore you As you definitely don't oppose yourself you Love yourself So I don't Think There is any point with you

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

The Problem is You are all over every post like an example I saw a post from 2 Years ago you doing the same thing, The person Did great posts and there you were Spreading your twisted doctrines messing the thread up, And I notice the person Left the site soon after, You think you are a teacher Pastor, But you Spread your Leaven And your diseased doctrine all over the site all day every day, So can't just let you get away with it....But after dealing with you for a short while, I think members Like BB Deserve a Medal

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Until you Realize this you won't see the truth

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
One might boast in what the Lord has done in his life in terms of the holiness that the Lord has produced in his life.

And that might be misconstrued by the overly judgmental as boasting in one's self.
I agree. As also the forgetful Christian might as well make the mistake of boasting in himself what should be in the Lord.

You should take a closer look at Luke 8:12-13. In verse 12, it shows that the faith being spoken of is saving faith. And in verse 13, it shows that a person can have such a faith and then fall away later because of temptation.

I would contend that a person who has saving faith can permanently fall away later. (This ought to produce the fear of the LORD in the one who hears it.) But what did their faith save them from? Certainly not hell; because they did not continue in it and therefore did not have everlasting life in the kingdom of heaven. It saved them from their sins (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14); but only for a season.
There a different kinds of faith.

Faith that comes from God or is of God, is one that is remains, continues, unfailing, powerful, assuring, living, and without any shadow of doubt. It is through this faith that God saves the man. This is what I call genuine faith.

There is faith that comes from or is of man. There is even faith that comes from or is of the devil. Both of this faith falls short of the faith that comes from or is of God.

Regarding Luke 8:12-13, one must study carefully what is the point of the parable or what it talks about, before one even tries to understand it. Otherwise, one could make the parable say anything that them. So we must be careful in the use of parables. Bear in mind that parables were used by Jesus for an expressed reason:

Mark 4: 10But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

And regarding that parable, it comes to me as talking about the seed, that is, the word of God, not about faith.

At the very least, the final quality that is mentioned (love) is something that we do (1 John 3:17-18).
While the Christian can and does good works, qualities of the Spirit are not work. Growing in the Spirit is not work. The idea is not so much different from a baby growing to into adulthood.

Tong
R1647

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you using the different versions Now to closer resemble what you are trying to push? You should turn away from Sin it should be common sense, but you don't push that you say you have to turn away from Sin to be saved, We have been through this you are playing games again, You try and make Salvation impossible as No one in their own power can turn from there sins, You turn to Jesus Who Died for your sins

Well that confirms Dan Was right....

There are a lot of movies, Once I saw a Movie and they were eating lunch, And you know what..... a time in the future I was eating lunch see how easy it happens, not amazing, The cameras doing time travel and going in and out of reality and recording you so they don't have to pay actors don't even know if i got that right it was hard to follow but that is not true, that's not reality, so you do have trouble, Eve didn't have sinless Elves Besides Who would be the Elves Father but anyway that's just crazy, And Santa Didn't Find the Tree Of life, I don't Say it to be harsh But you do have trouble with reality which is ok if you admit it but until then.....

Don't know what to say to you really except your not Jesus, The verses talk about Jesus, You can Show Love And you Can Give Gods Word But you cant Give eternal life and you cant Give Living Water, It Can Flow Out of you but you Cant give it its not yours to give

Its at the point Where it would be better to ignore you As you definitely don't oppose yourself you Love yourself So I don't Think There is any point with you

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

The Problem is You are all over every post like an example I saw a post from 2 Years ago you doing the same thing, The person Did great posts and there you were Spreading your twisted doctrines messing the thread up, And I notice the person Left the site soon after, You think you are a teacher Pastor, But you Spread your Leaven And your diseased doctrine all over the site all day every day, So can't just let you get away with it....But after dealing with you for a short while, I think members Like BB Deserve a Medal

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus

God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Until you Realize this you won't see the truth
What a lovely rant.

Reactions: HisLife

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That’s clear enough for anyone to understand.

Tong
R1648

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I do.

Maybe the Lord just hasn't given you the proper insight into what these verses mean.

He made it as clear as day to me.

I would suggest that you ask the Holy Spirit for illumination.
I don’t see any truth about God in what you said there that I should look into.

I will take your advice to ask the Holy Spirit for illumination. And you too should, as all Christians should.

Tong
R1649

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cameras doing time travel and going in and out of reality

In and out of the time stream.

and recording you so they don't have to pay actors don't even know if i got that right it was hard to follow but that is not true, that's not reality,

You don't know that for sure. What makes it not reality? the fact that it is supernatural and far-fetched?

By the same standard, Jesus rising from the dead isn't reality; but I don't think that you are going to go so far as to say that.

so you do have trouble, Eve didn't have sinless Elves Besides Who would be the Elves Father

Did I not say that it was a theory? I was not preaching that as absolute truth.

But apparently I have made the mistake of not being obedient to Titus 2:7-8; and therefore you, who are of the contrary part, are not ashamed; because you have something evil to say about me.

But it is clear that the passage in question tells us that there would be those of the contrary part who would be seeking to have evil to say about those who preach the truth.

I also believe that Genesis 6 bears out that the Greek and Roman myths may have had some basis in reality. It is only a theory, however.

I suppose that those who are seeking to lead the flock of Christ shouldn't delve into theories about such things as this because then their enemies will have something negative to say about them.

Oh well, you live and learn.

And Santa Didn't Find the Tree Of life, I don't Say it to be harsh But you do have trouble with reality which is ok if you admit it but until then...

Again, I have set this forth not as fact but as theory; and as its basis I give Revelation 2:7.

and you cant Give Living Water,

Living water can indeed flow out of me so yes I can give it to those who come to me and drink.

It Can Flow Out of you but you Cant give it its not yours to give

Thank you for agreeing with me just this once.

btw, it is mine to give because Jesus gave it to me to own; He has turned me into a source of living water (John 4:13-14, John 7:37-39).

The Problem is You are all over every post like an example I saw a post from 2 Years ago you doing the same thing, The person Did great posts and there you were Spreading your twisted doctrines messing the thread up, And I notice the person Left the site soon after,

It's really easy for you to claim that there was some post 2 years ago wherein I was spreading "twisted doctrines"....I could do the same thing to you.

Without giving a link to the post, there is no basis for your claim; I think that if you were to bring it to the forefront I would be able to show that those doctrines are not as twisted as you think.

(you can right-click at the number at the top of the post and it will give you the option of "Copy Link Address". Left-click on that and you will be able to post the link anywhere on the boards)

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think with me for a moment.

We find in Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41 that those who work (do) iniquity shall be cast into a furnace of everlasting fire.

How then can anyone avoid that fate apart from ceasing to be a worker (doer) of iniquity?

A person can believe all they want that Jesus died for them; but if they continue to be a worker (doer) of iniquity, those scriptures still apply and they will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire.

Repentance is therefore necessary.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Did I not say that it was a theory? I was not preaching that as absolute truth.

But apparently I have made the mistake of not being obedient to Titus 2:7-8; and therefore you, who are of the contrary part, are not ashamed; because you have something evil to say about me.

But it is clear that the passage in question tells us that there would be those of the contrary part who would be seeking to have evil to say about those who preach the truth.

I also believe that Genesis 6 bears out that the Greek and Roman myths may have had some basis in reality. It is only a theory, however.

I suppose that those who are seeking to lead the flock of Christ shouldn't delve into theories about such things as this because then their enemies will have something negative to say about them.

Oh well, you live and learn.

Nice rant, Well you fail Titus 2:8, You don't have sound speech Mr pretend Persecuted, I didn't agree I said it can not it does, With you it doesn't you preach a false Gospel And you Don't think Jesus died for all your sins, You will respond yes I do, But I may have to go and Quote where you denied this...Again ...As its the game you like to play

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

We find in Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41 that those who work (do) iniquity shall be cast into a furnace of everlasting fire.

How then can anyone avoid that fate apart from ceasing to be a worker (doer) of iniquity?

A person can believe all they want that Jesus died for them; but if they continue to be a worker (doer) of iniquity, those scriptures still apply and they will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire.

By Having Jesus Righteousness imputed to you and Declared Not guilty, You could Repent Of your false Gospel and stop been a worker of iniquity, Jesus Can Heal you And you wouldn't want to do that anymore. But you would rather promote yourself and put yourself in Jesus Position, Working iniquity opposing The finished work and his Sacrifice

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of movies, Once I saw a Movie and they were eating lunch, And you know what..... a time in the future I was eating lunch see how easy it happens, not amazing,
In one particular movie I was jumping over shadows that were cast by trees and ended up in a hospital where they did CPR on me. There was a specific question where I asked the doctors to tell my pastor not to say anything more to me from the original Greek (because he had quoted the Greek definition for pharmakeia and it had hurt me in my life) and they asked me why I didn't want him to speak in Greek; and I said, "because it is a language that nobody can understand?" This was a line in the movie. There was also flintstones music playing in the background; and a woman in the cubicle next to me who said "Yo tengo hombre."

The other time I came across a woman and there was a question about whether it was right to call Jesus accursed; because she was calling Jesus accursed. The man in the movie gave the reconciliation between Galatians 3:13 and 1 Corinthians 12:3; and when I saw the movie it also reconciled those verses for me. It would prepare me for the day when I would reconcile those verses for the woman in the movie as an "unpaid actor" in the movie.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Having Jesus Righteousness imputed to you and Declared Not guilty, You could Repent Of your false Gospel and stop been a worker of iniquity, Jesus Can Heal you And you wouldn't want to do that anymore. But you would rather promote yourself and put yourself in Jesus Position, Working iniquity opposing The finished work and his Sacrifice
I do not oppose the finished work of Jesus. I just don't preach only that every time that I preach.

The blood of Jesus doesn't only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

And who are they to whom Jesus directs His words?

Through Jesus Christ.

The person who is in Jesus Christ is saved. Inherent in his repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ is hating sin and loving righteousness.

Tong
R1652