Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith and @Ferris Bueller also,

It just came to me, do you remember John 10 about the sheep?

Jesus is the good shepherd of the sheep. The sheep are the saved. What do you know of the nature of a sheep? In the nature of a sheep, does it ever desire to be away from the flock and his shepherd that cares and feeds him, and keep him safe?

Tong
R1685

Isa 53:6, All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The false prophet's "fruit" would be the works of the flesh...

Gal 5:19, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

How about not meek, not gentle, not peaceful, not long suffering, not good?

Well, so much for that. The points I made there which you apparently did not address is which I wish you would respond to.

No...not out of context.
Would you want for me to show you why it’s out of context?

I quoted them not to say that Jesus Christ is not a true and righteous judge; but to say that we also will judge the world and angels at the time of judgment.
Then you did not really got what I said. I said that Jesus Christ is THE ONLY TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, and not as you say A true and righteous judge. Now, if that is an honest mistake, then take this opportunity to respond to it anew.

Tong
R1686

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you want for me to show you why it’s out of context?

By all means.

Then you did not really got what I said. I said that Jesus Christ is THE ONLY TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, and not as you say A true and righteous judge. Now, if that is an honest mistake, then take this opportunity to respond to it anew.

My point is that we as the saints will judge both the world and angels. So then, Jesus is not the only judge.

I will not argue with your point if you are saying that we will not be true and righteous when we judge; except to say that if our judgments will not be righteous and true, why will we even be allowed to judge? Will the Lord allow judgment to take place that is not righteous and true?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me point out to you that it is my belief that every verse of scripture stands on its own as a bastion of spiritual truth.

As Hosea 11:1 was taken out of context by Matthew in Matthew 2:15 and he, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, applied it to Jesus, when in the original context it applied to Israel. The terminology was that "out of Egypt I have called my son".

And in 2 Corinthians 9:6, it should be clear that the immediate context bears out a health/wealth, name-it-and-claim it doctrine of financial seed-sowing and reaping; while if you take it out of its immediate context and apply Luke 8:11 to the verse you will get a more orthodox interpretation.

Therefore, sometimes the Holy Spirit does take things out of their immediate context to make a point; applying topical context instead (see 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Isa 53:6, All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
You are moving away from the scriptures I referred to. But it’s okay if that’s what you like.

The question remains. Was it the nature of a sheep to go astray on his own from the flock and from his shepherd? Or they have gone astray because somebody made that happen?

The sheep there refers to Israel. Who was their shepherd during those times? Do you know why Israel have gone astray?

Tong
R1687

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
By all means.
Before I do, I like for you to be clear. Do you contend that Jesus is not the only true and righteous judge? I want to be clarified because you always drop the word ONLY TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS.

My point is that we as the saints will judge both the world and angels. So then, Jesus is not the only judge.

I will not argue with your point if you are saying that we will not be true and righteous when we judge; except to say that if our judgments will not be righteous and true, why will we even be allowed to judge? Will the Lord allow judgment to take place that is not righteous and true?
Again you seem to argue against your own statement and not my statement. I have already brought to your attention that my statement is that Jesus Christ is the only true and righteous judge and you keep taking out the word ONLY TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS. Well, if that’s how you do it, what can I do.

Now, on your last paragraph, yes, we will judge as the scriptures says. But when will that be? Is it today or after we are perfected? Are you able to judge righteously today?

Now, our issue is about judging today, right?

Tong
R1688

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Let me point out to you that it is my belief that every verse of scripture stands on its own as a bastion of spiritual truth.
I thought so. But now that you say it, then I understand why you believe what you believe. I see now that context is not part of your understanding a verse. So, it would be correct to say that your understanding of a verse is out of context.

As Hosea 11:1 was taken out of context by Matthew in Matthew 2:15 and he, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, applied it to Jesus, when in the original context it applied to Israel. The terminology was that "out of Egypt I have called my son".
First that is not an example of “out of context” understanding. That’s inspired revelation of the prophetic verse. Now if you are one Matthew or one Paul or any of the inspired apostles, then you can do that.

And in 2 Corinthians 9:6, it should be clear that the immediate context bears out a health/wealth, name-it-and-claim it doctrine of financial seed-sowing and reaping; while if you take it out of its immediate context and apply Luke 8:11 to the verse you will get a more orthodox interpretation.

Therefore, sometimes the Holy Spirit does take things out of their immediate context to make a point; applying topical context instead (see 1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).
What? I have nothing good to say but that I totally disagree.

Tong
R1689

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be nice if all the Born Again behaved correctly, but, that is not the Case.
The born again person struggles with sin. They do not live in it. You can tell if a person is born again or not by if they are living in a lifestyle of deliberate unrepentant sin......

9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child 1 John 3:9

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admit that I am the one that you must be referring to.

Do you think that such an attitude in debate constitutes bad fruit; or could it be that sometimes we can get caught up in a debate mentality and do such things in spite of ourselves?

We can get caught up in a debate mentality.

Or, rather, we can forget ourselves and allow the flesh access to the keyboard. The mind of the flesh or the mind of Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody who refers to the Grace Of God that thankfully is greater than all of our sins, and was purchased at a dreadful Cost to God's Precious Son —— Yes, ANY body that believes in “ greasy grace” must also believe in the “ Greasy Blood” That was Shed to Save us. Talk about “ trampling in the Blood”.....Shame on you AND your Blasphemous “ Grease Doctrine”.....
Lets just throw that Perverted Belief atop the pile of Hog- Wash that also consist of “ Lucky Repentance”.....They belong together....
I agree with you. This is a perversion. Telling people whom God has forgiven, justified, that they have "greasy grace"! What an offensive term!

The real sadness to me is knowing that a person won't walk in something they don't believe in, and it's God's grace that makes us to stand.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mature Believer RESTS and , not that it has “ anything “ to do with Salvation, actually PERFORMS better than the Guy that Works at His Performance and Obedience.....yep , I don’t even “ Try” , and as luck would have it, I do better than you do....all from the heart....all Natural......
There it is in a nutshell. We stop working, and begin living.

I guess to the one who has not seen this yet, it's all about the working, and then judging our performance according to what we see. It's all about the outside, seeking that assurance that we can only really receive from the inside, as we come to see, we really have met God, and He really has made us new people - even if it doesn't show as much on the outside.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing The Truth Is Easy if you have eyes to see, Receiving A Gift Is easy why do you choose to think it's Hard or make it hard for others, Why try Limit the Riches Of his Grace, When Salvation is by Grace It is the worst thing you could ever choose to go against

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Not entering in, and preventing others from the same?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say God's grace makes it so we can deliberately sin all we want, if we want to.
Why do you want to sin??

It's a serious question. If you are born again, you don't. But your flesh does. So we need to get sorted out what in you is of God, and what in you is of Adam.

Once we can do that, we can start talking about deliberate sin. Without a clear understanding of who we are in Christ, and what Justification means to us, not only judicially, but also in who we've become, trying to discuss sin and it's implications in the Christian becomes a hopeless muddle.

Much love!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, on your last paragraph, yes, we will judge as the scriptures says. But when will that be? Is it today or after we are perfected? Are you able to judge righteously today?

Now, our issue is about judging today, right?

We do have the Holy Spirit now.

And some, through the Holy Spirit, have the spiritual gift of "discerning of spirits".

I see now that context is not part of your understanding a verse.

Not exactly. The reality is that I do not only apply the immediate context; but I take into account topical context also.

So, it would be correct to say that your understanding of a verse is out of context.

Not out of topical context.

First that is not an example of “out of context” understanding. That’s inspired revelation of the prophetic verse. Now if you are one Matthew or one Paul or any of the inspired apostles, then you can do that.

If anyone has the Holy Ghost, they can do that.

And it is an example of "out of context" understanding.

Clearly, the question should be asked, who is the Son? in both Hosea 11:1 and Matthew 2:15.

Since the answer is different in each verse; and yet one is the quoting of the other: it should be clear that the quoting of Hosea 11:1 in Matthew 2:15 is Matthew taking it out of context and making an application that was not in the original text.

What? I have nothing good to say but that I totally disagree.

What, exactly, do you disagree with? Everything that I said there was biblically substantiated.

We can get caught up in a debate mentality.

Or, rather, we can forget ourselves and allow the flesh access to the keyboard. The mind of the flesh or the mind of Christ.

Funny thing is, I ask the Lord to let everything that comes off of my keyboard be from the Holy Ghost, on a regular basis. Of course, I only began to do that recently (in the past year or so), so the instance to which we are referring may have happened before I started asking the Lord to do that.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a serious question. If you are born again, you don't. But your flesh does.
You are not your flesh?

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not your flesh?

Rom 7:18, For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Do you know why Paul says, how to perform that which is good he doesn't find?

His body agrees with sin, while his spirit agrees with God. Before he was reborn, he had a mind that agreed with his body, which agreed with sin. Once he was reborn, the old man still agreed with sin, in the body that agreed with sin, but Paul's new spirit agreed with righteousness. And he didn't have a new body that likewise agreed with righteousness, that is, uncorrupted.

But one day the corruptible will put on incorruption. And then the conflict is over. We will find the means by which we may perform good, our resurrection body.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we commit acts of sin with our flesh, the scripture in question is clear that it is us committing that sin.

in me (that is, in my flesh).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we commit acts of sin with our flesh, the scripture in question is clear that it is us committing that sin.

in me (that is, in my flesh).
Let's talk Scripture.

Paul said, It is no more I who do it, but sin that lives in me.

What does that mean?

I think it means Paul recognizes that he isn't the sinner, rather, there is sin that lives in him, but is not him, and that is the source of sin. And this is why there is no condemnation. It's because God has completely separated us from our sin, and from it's source. He's ended our relationship with the Law, which was what condemns us, and has given us righteous life shared with Him.

But we still live in our Adamic bodies, in which sin lives.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953