Hebrews

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

willb777

Dec 8, 2013
The book of Hebrews is among the books in the bible that has presented a clear understanding of The Father's entire plan from beginning to end. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD. HE was in the beginning with GOD.”
John Ch.1:1-2

Hebrews: The Epistle/Letter

“GOD, who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophet.”
Hebrews Ch.1:1
2nd Peter Ch.1:21; 2nd Timothy Ch.3:16; Psalm Ch.103:21

“(GOD) has in these last days spoken to us by HIS Son…”
Hebrews Ch.1:2
John Ch.1:1, 14; 2nd Corinthians Ch.5:19 
 “…appointed heir of all things, through whom also HE made the worlds…”
John Ch.1:3; 1st Corinthians Ch.15:25, 27-28
(The Son-Jesus) who being the brightness of HIS glory and the express image of HIS person, and upholding all things by the word of HIS power, when HE had by HIMSELF purge our sins…”
Hebrews Ch.1:3
Colossians Ch.1:15; *John Ch.6:45; *Matthew Ch.1:23 – Immanuel

“(Christ) having become so much better than the angels, as HE has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.” (Only Christ is Worthy)
Hebrews Ch.1:4
Philippians Ch.2:9-11; Revelation Ch.5:9-14; *Hebrew Ch.1:5-6

“YOU are MY Son, today I have begotten YOU.”
Hebrews Ch.1:5
Psalm Ch.2:7

“I will be to HIM a Father, And HE shall be to ME a Son.”
Hebrews Ch.1:5
2nd Samuel Ch.7:14

“Who makes HIS angels spirits And HIS ministers a flame of fire.”
Hebrews Ch.1:7
Psalm Ch.104:4

“Your throne, O GOD, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom. You have loved righteous and hated lawlessness; Therefore GOD, Your GOD, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions”
Hebrews Ch.1:8-9
Psalm Ch.45:6-7

Scepter: a staff or rod carried by a supreme or dominant power as an emblem or symbol of authority.
Hebrews Ch.1:8

“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands; They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And your years will not fail.”
Hebrews Ch.1:10-12
Psalm Ch.102:25-27

“They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And your years will not fail.”
Hebrews Ch.1:11-12
Matthew Ch.24:35; Revelation Ch.21:1; Hebrews Ch.13:8; Malachi Ch.3:6; Psalm Ch.146:10; *Hebrews Ch.1:8

“Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
Hebrew Ch.1:13
*Psalm Ch.110:1; *Hebrews Ch.1:3 – “… (Jesus) sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high…”

“Are they (the LORD’s angels) not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?”
Hebrews Ch.1:14
Psalm Ch.91:11; Psalm 104:1, 4; *Matthew Ch.3:11

“Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.”
Hebrews Ch.2:1
2nd Peter Ch.3:17

Hebrews Ch.2:2
Steadfast: (1) firmly fixed in place. (2) not subject to change. Synonym: true, faithful.
“For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard HIM, GOD also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to HIS own will?”
Hebrews Ch.2:3-4
*John Ch.14:26; Mark Ch.16:20; Acts Ch.14:3
“’YOU (LORD) made him (man) a little lower than the angels….And set him over the work of your hands. YOU have put all things in subjection under his feet.’ For in that HE put all in subjection under him.”
Hebrews Ch2:7-8
*Psalm Ch.8:4-6; **Genesis Ch.1:26-28

“But now we do not yet see all things put under him (man). But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels…”
Hebrews Ch.2:8-9
*2nd Samuel Ch.23:3; Matthew Ch.28:18; Ephesians Ch.1:20-23
“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that HE, by the grace of GOD, might taste death for everyone.”
Hebrews Ch.2:9
*Philippians Ch.2:6-11
“For it was fitting for HIM (GOD)…to make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.”
Hebrews Ch.2:10
Hebrews Ch.12:2; Isaiah Ch.53:4-5

“For it was fitting for HIM, for whom are all things and by whom are all things…”
Hebrews Ch.2:10
John Ch.1:3; 1st Corinthians Ch.8:6

“I will declare YOUR name to MY brethren; In the midst of the congregation I will sing praise to YOU.”
Hebrews Ch.2:12
Psalm Ch.22:22

“Here am I and the children whom GOD has given ME.”
Hebrews Ch.2:13
Isaiah Ch.8:18

“Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, HE HIMSELF likewise shared in the same, that through death HE might destroy him who had the power of death…”
Hebrews Ch2:14
Hosea Ch.13:4 – “For there is no savior besides me.”; Romans Ch.6:9
“…through death HE might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil…”
*John Ch.12:31
“…and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.”
Hebrews Ch.2:15
Romans Ch.8:15

“For indeed HE does not give aid to angels, but HE does give aid to the seed of Abraham.”
Hebrews Ch.2:16
John Ch.3:15-16; John Ch.14:16-18, 23, 27; Galatians Ch.3:7-9, 26-29

Propitiation (pronounced: pro – pish – long e – long a – shon): gaining or regaining the favor of.
Hebrews Ch.2:17

“For in that HE HIMSELF has suffered, being tempted, HE is able to aid those who are tempted.”
Hebrews Ch.2:18
Hebrews Ch.4:15; 2nd Corinthians Ch.5:21; Romans Ch.5:18-19; *John Ch.14:16

The Father made Christ like us (flesh), so that we could become like HIM.
Hebrews Ch.2:14-18

“(Christ Jesus) who was faithful to HIM (LORD GOD) who appointed HIM, as Moses also was faithful in all HIS house.”
Hebrews Ch.3:2
John Ch.5:36; John Ch.6:38; *Numbers Ch.12:7-8

“For this One (Jesus) has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses…”
Hebrews Ch.3:3, 6
2nd Corinthians Ch.3:7-8; *John Ch.8:58
“…HE who built the house has more honor than the house….”
*Matthew Ch.16:18; Ephesians Ch.2:19-22

“…HE who built all things is GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.3:4
John Ch.1:3

The House of Jesus Christ
Hebrews Ch.3:6
Ephesians Ch.2:19-22; 1st Peter Ch.2:5

“Today, if you will hear HIS voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested ME, proved ME, And saw MY works forty years. Therefore I was angry with that generation, And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart, And they have not known MY ways,’ So I swore in MY wrath, ‘They shall not enter MY rest.’”
Hebrews Ch.3:7-11
Numbers Ch.14:21-23; *Psalm Ch.95:7-11

“For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end…”
Hebrews Ch.3:14
Matthew Ch.10:22; Revelation Ch.21:7; *1st John Ch.5:4-5; Revelation Ch. 2:7, 11; *Romans Ch.8:17

“Now with whom was HE angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?”
Hebrews Ch.3:17
Numbers Ch.14:29, 32-34

“And to whom did HE swear that they would not enter HIS rest, but to those who did not obey?”
Hebrews Ch.3:18
Numbers Ch.14:23; Deuteronomy Ch.1:35

“And GOD rested on the seventh day from all HIS works.”
Hebrews Ch.4:4
Genesis Ch.2:2

“For if Joshua had given them rest, then HE would not afterward have spoken of another day.”
Hebrews Ch.4:8
*Deuteronomy Ch.31:7

The True Day of Rest. The True Sabbath (after works) – “There remains therefore a rest for the people of GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.4:7-10
*Revelation Ch.14:13; *Revelation Ch.21; *Revelation Ch.22:14-15

“…lest (for fear) anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.”
Hebrews Ch.4:11
*Hebrews Ch.3:8-19; *Revelation Ch.21:7-8, 24, 27

“For the word of GOD is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edge sword…”
Hebrews Ch.4:12
Ephesians Ch.6:17; Revelation Ch.1:16; Revelation Ch.19:13, 15

“And there is no creature hidden from HIS sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of HIM to whom we must give account.”
Hebrews Ch.4:13
Job Ch.34:21-22; Psalm Ch.90:8; Psalm Ch.139:2-4

Holdfast: hold on or keep
Hebrews Ch.4:14

“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weakness, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.”
Hebrews Ch.4:15
*Hebrews Ch.2:17-18
“Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Hebrews Ch.4:16
Ephesians Ch.3:12

“He (a high priest) can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also beset (or surround) in weakness.”
Hebrews Ch.5:2 
 The Difference: *Hebrews Ch.4:15

Beset: (1) attack; to attack on all sides (2) to surround.
Hebrews Ch.5:2
“Because of this he is required as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.”
Hebrews Ch.5:3
Leviticus Ch.9:7-8; Leviticus Ch.16:17

“And no man takes this honor to himself, but he who is called by GOD, just as Aaron was.”
Hebrews Ch.5:4
Exodus Ch.28:1

“So also Christ did not glorify HIMSELF to become High Priest, but it was HE (GOD) who said to HIM (Jesus): ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.’”
Hebrews Ch.5:5
Psalm Ch.2:7-8; Matthew Ch.17:5; Luke Ch.3:22; *John Ch.8:54
Vehement: strong feeling passionate
Hebrews Ch.5:7

“As HE also says in another place: ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.’”
Hebrews Ch.5:6, 9-10
Psalm Ch.110:4

“…HE (Jesus) became the author of eternal salvation…”
Hebrews Ch.5:9
Colossians Ch.1:15; Romans Ch.8:29
“…having been perfected, HE (Christ) became the author of eternal salvation…”
*Hebrews Ch.7:28
“…to all who obey HIM (Jesus)…”

Principles: (1) a general or fundamental law; doctrine. (2) a rule or code of conduct; also: devotion to such a code oracle: (1) one held to give divinely inspired answers or revelations (2) an authoritative or wise utterance.
Hebrews Ch.5:12

Spiritual Immaturity: “…and you have come to need milk and not solid food.”
Hebrews Ch.5:12-14
1st Corinthians Ch.3:1-2

“Therefore, leaving the discussion of elementary principles (beginning lessons or first teachings)…let us go on to (we must move on to the mature or advance teachings of the Gospel)…not laying again (not going over again)…”
Hebrews Ch.6:1
“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit…..”
Hebrews Ch.6:4-6
Hebrews Ch.10:26-29; 2nd Peter Ch.2:20-22; Galatians Ch.4:9; *Ephesians Ch.4:21-24

To Completely Fall Away or Fall from HIS Grace
Hebrews Ch.6:6
1st Peter Ch.2:23; Matthew Ch.12:31-32; John Ch.9:41; 1st Timothy Ch.3:6; 1st Corinthians Ch.12:3

Grow for HIM (LORD) and be Useful
Hebrews Ch.6:7-8
Matthew Ch.13:23; John Ch.15:2-8; Colossians Ch.1:9-10; 2nd Peter Ch.3:17; *Hebrews Ch.6:4-5

“And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end...”
Hebrews Ch.6:11

“…imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”
Hebrews Ch.6:12
Galatians Ch.3:6-7, 9, 14; Ephesians Ch.1:13-14

“Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.”
Hebrews Ch.6:14
Genesis Ch.22:17

“And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.”
Hebrews Ch.6:15
Romans Ch.4:20-21

“For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute.” (For men indeed swear by oath and by someone greater than themselves and confirming the oath ends all dispute).
Hebrews Ch.6:16

The LORD GOD being Unchangeable Confirms All of HIS Oaths
Hebrews Ch.6:17
*Malachi Ch.3:16; *Hebrews Ch.13:8

Immutability: unchangeability – unable to change; immutable: unchangeable.
Hebrews Ch.6:17-18

“…it is impossible for GOD to lie…”
Hebrews Ch.6:18
Number Ch.23:19; 2nd Timothy Ch.2:13
“…we…who have fled for refuge…”
Hebrews Ch.6:18

“…which enters the Presence behind the veil…”
Hebrews Ch.6:19
Hebrews Ch.10:20; *Leviticus Ch.16:2

“…even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.”
Hebrews Ch.6:20
*Hebrews Ch.5:10

Forerunner: (1) a person who goes before or is sent to before to show that another or something more is coming. (2) a predecessor
Hebrews Ch.6:20
Melchizedek
Hebrews Ch.7:1-2
*Genesis Ch.14:17-20

- Melchizedek: King of Salem/King Peace (example)-
Hebrews Ch.7:2
*Isaiah Ch.9:6

Melchizedek: “…without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of GOD, remains a priest continually.” (Because there isn’t any record of Melchizedek’s genealogy, etc., he’s like the Son of GOD. Appearing to have come from nowhere).
Hebrews Ch.7:3

“…those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham…”
Hebrews Ch.7:5
Numbers Ch.18:21

Derive: to receive or obtain from (to come from).
Hebrews Ch.7:6

“Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witness that he lives.”
Hebrews Ch.7:8
Genesis Ch.14:18

“For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.”
Hebrews Ch.7:14
Exodus Ch.32:26; Numbers Ch.18:22-23; *Matthew Ch.2:1, 6; Romans Ch.1:3

“…the law made nothing perfect…there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.7:18-19
Romans Ch.7; Hebrews Ch.10:1
“…there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to GOD.”
*Roman Ch.8:1-2, 14; *Galatians Ch.5:22-25

“… (for they have become priests without an oath, but HE (Jesus) with an oath by HIM (LORD GOD) who said to HIM (Jesus): “The LORD has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.’”
Hebrews Ch.7:21
*1st John Ch.5:9; John Ch.5:36-37

Uttermost: extreme; utmost: of the greatest or highest degree.
Hebrews Ch.7:25

Intercession: (1) mediation from or of a mediator (2) a prayer or petition in favor of another.

“Therefore HE is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to GOD through HIM, since HE ever lives to make intercession for them.”
*Romans Ch.8:26-27, 34; *1st John Ch.2:1-2; *John Ch.14:6

“(Jesus)…does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for HIS sins and then for the people’s, for this HE did once for all when HE offered up HIMSELF.”
Hebrews Ch.7:27
Leviticus Ch.16:6, 17; Hebrews Ch.5:3, 9; Hebrews Ch.10:11-14

“…a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.”
Hebrews Ch.8:2
Unlike: Exodus Ch.28:1; Exodus Ch.33:7

“For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices.”
Hebrews Ch.8:3
Numbers Ch.18:7-8; Leviticus Ch.16:16

“For if HE (Christ) were on earth, HE would not be a priest, since there the priests who offer the gifts according to the law…”
Hebrews Ch.8:4
Hebrews Ch.7:13-14; *Numbers Ch.18:23

“… (those priests) who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed…’See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain’…”
Hebrews Ch.8:5
*Exodus Ch.25:40; Acts Ch.7:44; Colossians Ch.2:17

“But now HE (Jesus) has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as HE is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.”
Hebrews Ch.8:6
Hebrews Ch.7:22; Hebrews Ch.9:15

“HE (LORD) says, ‘Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah……”
Hebrews Ch.8:8
Matthew Ch.26:28
Hebrews Ch.8:8-12
*Jeremiah Ch.31:31-34

“…After those days”, says the LORD, “I will put MY laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their GOD, and they shall be MY people…..”
Hebrews Ch.8:10-11
John Ch.14:16, 26; Romans Ch.8:14, 16; *Galatians Ch.5:22-25; 1st John Ch.3:24; 1st John Ch.4:13

“For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Hebrews Ch.8:12
Revelation Ch.21:3-5; Revelation Ch.7:14-17
The Earthy Sanctuary (First Covenant Sanctuary)
Hebrews Ch.9:1-5, 12
Exodus Ch.36:8-38; Exodus Ch.37 – Ch.39

“…tabernacle…lampstand…the table…showbread…”
Hebrews Ch.9:2
Exodus Ch.36:23-40; Exodus Ch.37:10-24

“…and behind the second veil, the part of the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of All…”
Hebrews Ch.9:3
Exodus Ch.26:31-33

“…which had the golden alter of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid all sides with gold…”
Hebrews Ch.9:4
Exodus Ch.25:10-22  Exodus Ch.37:1-9  Leviticus Ch.16:12-13  Exodus Ch.30:1-10  Exodus Ch.37:25-28 
 “…in which were the golden pots that had the manna…” 
 *Exodus Ch.16:33
 “…Aaron’s rod the budded…” 
 Numbers Ch.17:1-9 
 “…and the tablets of the covenant…” 
 Exodus Ch.24:12  *Exodus Ch.32:15-16, 19  *Exodus Ch.34:1-2, 4

“…and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat.”
Hebrews Ch.9:5
Exodus Ch.25:16-22; Exodus Ch.26:31-34

“Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing services…”
Hebrews Ch.9:6-7
Exodus Ch.29:44
“But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people’s sins committed in ignorance…”
Hebrews Ch.9:7
Exodus Ch.30:10

“It was symbolic for the present time…which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience…”
Hebrews Ch.9:9

“… (service) concerned only with foods and drinks, various washing, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation.”
Hebrews Ch.9:10
Colossians Ch.2:16-17

“But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands…”
Hebrews Ch.9:11
“Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with HIS own blood….”
Hebrews Ch.9:12-13, 18
Leviticus Ch.6:8-13, 24-30; Leviticus Ch.7; Leviticus Ch.16:6-16; Numbers Ch.19:17-18

“…how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered HIMSELF without spot to GOD, purge your conscience from dead works to service the living GOD?”
Hebrews Ch.9:14
Hebrew Ch.10:10; 1st Peter Ch.1:18-19; Revelation Ch.5:6, 9

“And for this reason HE is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgression under the first covenant…”
Hebrew Ch.9:15
1st Timothy Ch.2:5-6

Testament: written instructions telling what to do with a person’s property after his (or HIS) death (will and testament).
Hebrews Ch.9:16-17
*Matthew Ch.9:15; *John Ch.14:18-19, 26-27

“This is the blood of the covenant which GOD has commanded you”
Hebrews Ch.9:20
Exodus Ch.24:8

“…according to the law almost all things are purged with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.”
Hebrew Ch.9:22
Leviticus Ch.17:11

“(Christ) now to appear in the presence of GOD for us...”
Hebrews Ch.9:24
Hebrews Ch.7:25; *1st John Ch.2:1-2

“…not that HE (Christ) should offer HIMSELF often, as the high priest enters the MOST HOLY PLACE every year with blood of another…”
Hebrews Ch.9:25
Hebrews Ch.9:7; Exodus Ch.30:10

“…same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year…”
Hebrews Ch.10:1

“Sacrifices and offerings You did not desire, But a body You have prepared for Me. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You had no pleasure. Then I said, ‘Behold I have come – In volume of the book it is written of Me – To do Your will, O GOD.’”
Hebrews Ch.10:5-7
Psalm Ch.40:6-8

“Then I said, ‘Behold I have come – In volume of the book it is written of Me – To do Your will, O GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.10:7
*John Ch.1:1, 14

“HE takes away the first that HE may establish the second.”
Hebrews Ch.10:9
Matthew Ch.26:28; Matthew Ch.5:17-18

“By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all”
Hebrews Ch.10:10
Hebrews Ch.9:14

Hebrews Ch.10:11

“…after HE (Jesus) had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of GOD, from that time waiting till HIS enemies are made HIS footstool.”
Hebrews Ch.10:12-13
Psalm Ch.110:1; *1st Corinthians Ch.15:24-28
“…being sanctified…”
Hebrews Ch.10:14
Philippians Ch.3:12-14

“And the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after HE had said before, ‘This is the covenant that I will make with them after these days, says the LORD: I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them’...”
Hebrews Ch.10:15-16
Isaiah Ch.44:3; *Jeremiah Ch.31:33; Romans Ch.8:14; Galatians Ch.5:22-23-25

“Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Hebrews Ch.10:17
Revelation Ch.21:3-5, 7

“Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus…”
Hebrews Ch.10:19
Hebrews Ch.4:16; John Ch.14:6

“…a new and living way which HE (Jesus) consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, HIS flesh…”
Hebrews Ch.10:20
Hebrews Ch.6:19-20; Hebrews Ch.9:24

Hebrews Ch.10:20
The Veil (of old): Exodus Ch.26:33
“…through the veil, that is, HIS flesh…”
*GOD was Veiled with the Flesh of Christ
John Ch.10:30; John Ch.6:45; 2nd Corinthians Ch.5:19

“….let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.”
Hebrews Ch.10:22
Ezekiel Ch.36:25-26; Ephesians Ch.4:21-24; 1st Peter Ch.3:21

Hebrews Ch.10:23

Hebrews Ch.10:25

“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins...”
Hebrews Ch.10:26, 29
Hebrews Ch.6:4-6; *2nd Peter Ch.2:2, 20-22
“(For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins), but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.”
Hebrews Ch.10:26, 27
Revelation Ch.20:15; Revelation Ch.21:8

“Anyone who rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.”
Hebrews Ch.10:28
Deuteronomy Ch.17:6

“Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of GOD underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?”
Hebrews Ch.10:29
Luke Ch.10:16; John Ch.15:23; John Ch.3:16-21; John Ch.5:23; *Zephaniah Ch.1:7; *Ephesians Ch.5:2; *Titus Ch.2:11, 14

“For we know HIM who said, ‘Vengeance is Mine; I will repay says the Lord. And again, The LORD will judge HIS people…”
Hebrews Ch.10:30
Revelation Ch.20:11-15

“Vengeance is Mine”
Deuteronomy Ch.32:35

“The LORD will judge HIS people…”
Deuteronomy Ch.32:36

Endurance and Reward – The Just Live (ever live) By Faith
Hebrews Ch.10:32-39
*Revelation Ch21:7

“…knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.”
Hebrews Ch.10:34
Matthew Ch.6:20

“For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of GOD, you may receive the promise…”
Hebrews Ch.10:36
Luke Ch.21:19

“For yet a little while, And HE who is coming will come and not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.”
Hebrews Ch.10:37-38
Habakkuk Ch.2:3, 4

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…..”
Hebrews Ch.11:1, 3
2nd Corinthians Ch.4:18; 2nd Corinthians Ch.5:7

Faith: “For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.”
Hebrews Ch.11:2
*Romans Ch.4:20; *Galatians Ch.3:7, 9

“By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of GOD, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.”
Hebrews Ch.11:3
Genesis Ch.1:1, 3  “GOD said...”; John Ch.1:1-3; *Colossians Ch.1:16

“By faith Abel offered to GOD a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, GOD testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.”
Hebrews Ch.11:4
Genesis Ch.4:2-8
“By faith Enoch was translated so that he did not see death, and was not found because GOD had translated him, for before his translation he had this testimony, that pleased GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.11:5
Genesis Ch.5:24

Hebrews Ch.11:6

“By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear…”
Hebrews Ch.11:7
Genesis Ch.6 – Ch.8; Genesis Ch.9:1-17

“By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which would afterward receive as an inheritance…”
Hebrews Ch.11:8-9
Genesis Ch.12:1-7; Acts Ch.7:2-8

“By faith he (Abraham) sojourned in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in the tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with of the same promise…”
Hebrews Ch.11:9
Genesis Ch.26:1-6; Genesis Ch.28:10-22; Romans Ch.4:16, 18

“…for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.11:10
Hebrews Ch.13:14; Revelation Ch.21:1-3, 10-22

“By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child…..”
Hebrews Ch.11:11
Genesis Ch17:15-17, 19; Genesis Ch.21:1-3, 6-7

“Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude – innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.”
Hebrews Ch.11:12
Genesis Ch.15:5; Genesis Ch.17:1-8, 17-18; Genesis Ch.22:17-18; Romans Ch.4:18-20

These People Acted out of Faith in GOD, By Faith they Worked.
Hebrews Ch.11:1-12

The Coming Promise, The Coming City: “…for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is GOD….”
Hebrews Ch.11:10, 16
*Hebrews Ch.4:8-9
“By faith Abraham, when was tested, offered up Isaac…his only begotten son…”
Hebrews Ch.11:17
Genesis Ch.22:1-14
“In Isaac your seed shall be called…”
Hebrews Ch.11:18
Genesis Ch.21:12

“…accounting the GOD was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense.”
Hebrews Ch.11:19
Romans Ch.4:17

“By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.”
Hebrews Ch.11:20
Genesis Ch.27:26-40

“By faith Jacob, when he was dying blessed each of the sons Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.”
Hebrews Ch.11:21
Genesis Ch.48:8-20

“By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel, and gave instructions concerning his bones.”
Hebrews Ch.11:22
Genesis Ch.50:22-26
“By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three month by his parents….”
Hebrews Ch.11:23
Exodus Ch.2:1-4; *Exodus Ch.1:9-22; Acts Ch.7:19-21

“By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter…”
Hebrews Ch.11:24-25
Exodus Ch.2:10-15

“By faith he (Moses) forsook Egypt…”
Hebrews Ch.11:27
Exodus Ch.2:15

“By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood…”
Hebrews Ch.11:28
*Exodus Ch.12:1-30

“By faith he passed through the Red Sea…”
Hebrews Ch.11:29
Exodus Ch.14

“By faith the walls of Jericho fell down…..”
Hebrews Ch.11:30
Joshua Ch.6:1-21

“By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish…..”
Hebrews Ch.11:31
Joshua Ch.2; Joshua Ch.6:17, 22-25
“…Gideon…Barak…Samson…Jephthah…David…Samuel and the prophets…”
Hebrews Ch.11:32
Judges Ch.6:11-40; Judges Ch.7 – Ch.8; Judges Ch.4:6-24; Judges Ch.5; Judges Ch.11; Judges Ch.12:1-7; Judges Ch.13 – Ch.16; 1st Samuel Ch.16 – Ch.30; 2nd Samuel Ch.1 – Ch.24; 1st Kings Ch.1; 1st Kings Ch.2:1-10; 1st Samuel Ch.1:8-28; 1st Samuel Ch.2:18-21
1st Samuel Ch.3; 1st Samuel Ch.7 – Ch.9; 1st Samuel Ch.16:1-13; 1st Samuel Ch.25:1

“…stopped the mouths of lions…”
Hebrews Ch.11:33
Daniel Ch.6:10-23

“…quenched the violence of fire…”
Hebrews Ch.11:34
Daniel Ch.3:19-25

“Women received their dead raised…”
Hebrews Ch.11:35
1st Kings Ch.17:17-24

“…mockings…scourging…chains…imprisonment…afflicted…tormented…”
Hebrews Ch.11:35-37
Jeremiah Ch.37:15-16; Matthew Ch.23:34-35

These People Obtained a Good Testimony before the “Promise” was Fulfilled
Hebrews Ch.11:39
*Hebrews Ch.11:17-38

“…looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before HIM endured the cross despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of GOD.”
Hebrews Ch.12:2
Hebrews Ch.5:9; Philippians Ch.2:7-8; Psalm Ch.110:1; Mark Ch.16:19
“My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD. Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by HIM; For whom the LORD loves HE chastens, And scourges every son whom HE receives.”
Hebrews Ch.12:5-6
Proverbs Ch.3:11-12

“Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees…”
Hebrews Ch.12:12
Isaiah Ch.35:3

“…and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.”
Hebrews Ch.12:13
Proverbs Ch.4:26-27

“Pursue peace with all men, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord…”
Hebrews Ch.12:14
Romans Ch.12:18

Diligent: careful and steady; diligently: carefully
Hebrews Ch.12:15

“…looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of GOD; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled…”
Hebrews Ch.12:15
Deuteronomy Ch.29:18

“…lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright.”
Hebrews Ch.12:16
Genesis Ch.25:29-34; *Mark Ch.4:18-19

“For you know that afterward, when he (Esau) wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.”
Hebrews Ch.12:17
Genesis Ch.27:37-40; *Revelation Ch.21:27; *Revelation Ch.22:15

“For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and darkness and tempest…”
Hebrews Ch.12:18
Exodus Ch.19:12, 18

“…and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore.”
Hebrews Ch.12:19
Exodus Ch.19:16, 19; Exodus Ch.20:19

“And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned or thrust through with an arrow.”
Hebrews Ch.12:20
Exodus Ch.19:12-13

“I am exceedingly afraid and trembling.”
Hebrews Ch.12:21
Deuteronomy Ch.19:19

The Future Mount Zion
Hebrews Ch.12:22-23
*Hebrews Ch.4:9; *Hebrews Ch.9:11; Romans Ch.16-17; *Revelation Ch.21

“…who are registered in heaven…”
Hebrews Ch.12:23
Luke Ch.10:20; Revelation Ch.3:5

“…just men made perfect…”
Hebrews Ch.12:23
John Ch.3:16; Galatians Ch.3:6, 9, 26; *Revelation Ch.21:3-7, 24; Zechariah Ch.13:9

Jesus the Mediator
Hebrews Ch.12:24
Hebrews Ch.8:6; Hebrews Ch.9:14-15
“…of the new covenant, and to the blood sprinkling that speaks better things…”
1st Corinthians Ch.5:7 – “…Christ, our Passover was sacrificed for us…”
“…to the blood sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.”
*Genesis Ch.4, 10

“Yet once more I (LORD) shake not only the earth, but heaven.”
Hebrews Ch.12:26
Haggai Ch.2:6
“Now this…indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.”
Hebrews Ch.12:27
2nd Peter Ch.3:10-13; *Malachi Ch.3:2-3; *Revelation Ch.21:1, 5; *Matthew Ch.24:35

“…we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken…”
Hebrews Ch.12:28
*Revelation Ch.21:27; Matthew Ch.16:18 – “…the gates of hades shall prevail against it.”

“For our GOD is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews Ch.12:29
Deuteronomy Ch.4:24; Isaiah Ch.65:5; *Malachi Ch.3:2

“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.”
Hebrews Ch.13:2
Genesis Ch.18:2-8; Genesis Ch.19:1-3; Judges Ch.6:11-22; Judges Ch.13:8-21; *Matthew Ch.25:35-40

“Remember the prisoners as if chained with them, and those who are mistreated, since you yourselves are in the body also.”
Hebrews Ch.13:3
1st Corinthians Ch.12:12-13, 25-27

“Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed is undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers GOD will judge…..”
Hebrews Ch.13:4-5

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews Ch.13:5
Deuteronomy Ch.31:6, 8; Joshua Ch.1:5

“The LORD is my helper; I will not fear, What can man do to me?”
Hebrews Ch.13:6
Psalm Ch.118:6

“…be content…”
Hebrews Ch.13:5
1st Timothy Ch.6:8; Philippians Ch.4:11; *Matthew Ch.10:29-31; *Matthew Ch.6:30-34

Hebrews Ch.13:7

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
Hebrews Ch.13:8
*Malachi Ch.3:6

“Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.”
Hebrews Ch.13:9
Ephesians Ch.4:14; Colossians Ch.2:14, 20-21-23; *Romans Ch.14:17; *1st Corinthians Ch.8:8

“We have an alter from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.”
Hebrews Ch.13:10
*Hebrews Ch.9:9; *Hebrews Ch.10:11; Hebrews Ch.7:27

“For the bodies of those beast, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp.”
Hebrews Ch.13:11
Exodus Ch.29:14; Leviticus Ch.16:27

“Therefore Jesus also, that HE might sanctify the people with HIS own blood, suffered outside the gate.”
Hebrews Ch.13:12
*Luke Ch.23:33; *Philippians Ch.2:8; John Ch.6:33, 38; *John Ch.19:17-18

“…let us go forth to HIM…”
Hebrews Ch.13:13
John Ch.12:26; Matthew Ch.16:24-25
“…bearing HIS reproach…”
John Ch.15:18-20

“For here (now, on this earth, in this world) we have no continuing city but we seek the one to come.”
Hebrews Ch.13:14
*Hebrews Ch.11:10; Hebrews Ch.12:22-23; *Hebrews Ch.4:9-10
“…let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to GOD, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to HIS name.”
Hebrews Ch.13:15
Isaiah Ch.57:19; Hosea Ch.14:2

“But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifice GOD is well pleased.”
Hebrews Ch.13:16
Galatians Ch.5:22-23, 25

“Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and n
ot with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.”
Hebrews Ch.13:17
Colossians Ch.3:22-25; Colossians Ch.4:1

“…Lord Jesus…that great Shepherd of the sheep…”
Hebrews Ch.13:20
John Ch.10:11

Timothy
Hebrews Ch.13:23
Acts Ch.16:1-4; 1st Corinthians Ch.4:17
*The Books / Letters: 1st Timothy and 2nd Timothy