Hell . . . The Good News.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my , please tell me you do not believe in reincarnation .
Like I said earlier, the term for the Biblical form of Reincarnation is 'Mystery of Iniquity' as well as 'Was, is not, and yet is'. I suppose we can throw 'Child of Hell' in there as well.
My friend that is deadly and dangerous .
Tell that to Jesus. He is the main person teaching that concept.

The only thing 'deadly and dangerous' about it is that the Unsaved will still reap what they have sown. If someone wishes to take that chance, that is their choice. Please note that what Jesus teaches and what other religions teach are two different things. One must not confuse or conflate them.
it is appointed unto man to live once , then after that cometh the judgment .

Lol... live once? What translation is that? I guess becoming Born Again is out of the question now. One life is all we get. Oh well.

Ironically, Hebrews 9:27 actually *supports* Reincarnation, not debunks it. You Christians are being taught a lie about its True meaning.

The entire purpose of Judgment Day is to determine what happens in the next life, otherwise there is no point to it.
NO hindu , budda or nirvana .
Please tell me , you DO NOT believe in that .

Are the words "hindu, budda or nirvana" in the Bible? No. So why should I, as a Christian, believe any of that?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Base twelve , you are scaring the children . It sounds like you preaching a blend of hinduismchristnewageism .
Good night you have blended other concepts from other religions into christanity .
That means base twelve your teachings are off base .

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then party hearty!
Where does the Bible teach this?

My Bible says the Unsaved will reap what they have sown. Those that have a rough life know what I am referring to. They do not wish to come back. Their debt is paid.

Sounds to me like many of you have it good, and as a consequence, have no idea what it is like to live a life of suffering as much of the world experiences.

Most of you look down your noses at the less fortunate without a care in the world as to how unfair it all seems. No Love. No Empathy. It shows. The rest of the world sees it and has no problem whatsoever calling Christians hypocrites.

Imagine the looks on your faces when God says to you...

Luke 13:27
"But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

...and you have to come back here as a child in China, working in a slave labor factory all of your days. Maybe then you will learn the lesson of humility and being humble.

Do not be so quick as to think it will not happen to you. Teaching the world that 'God is Love and hates you and will torment you for all of eternity' can be considered 'working iniquity'.

Many of you are working that iniquity now, never stopping to consider whether what you preach is True or not.

Matthew 7:14
"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Heb 9:27
Thanks Amadeus for accurately quoting the verse. Christians try time and time again to post it in an attempt to debunk Biblical Reincarnation.

Whenever they do, they never give the meaning or interpretation. I have been debating this topic for years, and I have yet to see someone explain what it means. It is as if you folks are brainwashed into posting it as a knee-jerk reaction to a Cognitive Dissonance stimuli. Like someone who has been hypnotized.

The irony is that Hebrews 9:27 *supports* Biblical Reincarnation.

I will wait for someone to give their interpretation, then I will give mine.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your position is right according to you.
I have provided many verses proving my claims. However, I'm not going to bash anyone over the head and force them to agree with me.

Whoever can receive it, let him receive it...

Matthew 11:14
"And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come."

Notice Jesus uses the phrase 'if ye will receive it'. Even Jesus knows that the Truths I post are hard to believe. I do not expect anyone to change and accept what Jesus taught over night. Most will never change. Oh, but you have the Holy Ghost? Give me a break.

Not to be mean here, but many of you are too old to break free of the conditioning. Your Denomination told you what to believe and by golly, you aren't about to verify any of that now. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Whatever. I tried. Just remember...

When Jesus says this *IS* Elias. Then it is *YOU* that has decided not to believe, not me.

It is *YOU* that takes such a simple and plain verse and spins it to mean something completely different.

"It's Spiritual" you were told, and thus, whenever a Truth comes along you will not accept, you 'Spiritualize Away' the meaning.

I take Matthew 11:14 literal. You amadeus obviously do not. I believe the verse, you do not. That is the difference between you and I and the other critics here.

So no...

It is not "my position according to me". It is believing a verse as opposed to not believing it. Using the phrase "It's Spiritual" is nothing but a cop-out, and now the Church is busted.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the world are you getting your information, because I don't believe it is from the Bible.
The Destroyer did not get his name by walking on top of buildings and destroying them. He is not Godzilla, nor is Apollyon/Abaddon a 'bad guy' as some claim. Apollyon/Abaddon does the work of God by getting rid of the trash.

In other words, the Destroyer destroys Souls in the Lake of Fire...

Strong's 3: Abaddón
Usage: Abaddon, Destroyer (i.e. Destroying Angel) or place of destruction (personified).

Strong's Greek: 3. Ἀβαδδών (Abaddón) -- Abaddon, the angel of the abyss

Job 31:12 (KJV)
"For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase."

Job 31:12 (New American Standard Bible)
"For it would be fire that consumes to Abaddon, And would uproot all my increase."

These verses are referring to the destruction that occurs in the Lake of Fire, not 'the grave'.

Abaddon performs the Second Death...

Revelation 21:8
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Apollyon/Abaddon strips the Spirit away from the Body and Soul leaving the Spark of Life free to inhabit another Body.

Since there are literally thousands of documented cases of Children remembering their past lives, I am led to conclude that the 'destruction' process is not always one hundred percent.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Child of hell" is a designation that the people the pharisees converted to Judaism were not saved.
I'm not sure what you are trying to get away with by calling it a 'designation'. That does not change the fact that it is a literal phrase.

Jesus was not 'hurling insults'. That is not the message of Christianity.

And by the way...

If one Human is born from Hell, then we *ALL* were born there. We are all born unto sin.
That verse is certainly not talking about children being born in the womb of hell.
In other words, you are so offended by God's Word that you have decided not to believe it. You then double-down on ignorance by accusing me of being a heretic for not agreeing with your lack of faith.

Again...

full

Psalm 139:15 says it all. I am not the one offended by it.
Like, do you not realize that you are the only person who believes all these weird lies?
See... now you jumped the shark.

By that statement, you have tipped your hand to the fact that you have not done your homework.

There are forums out there dedicated to Christians that have discovered the Truth of Biblical Reincarnation and have faced the same ultra-paranoid/psychotic reactions and back stabbings from so called "Loving Tolerant" Christians that I have.

You believe no one else sees this because you are never allowed to hear this point of view.

Do you not get the fact that censorship is at an all time high right now? And guess what? Almost every time there is censorship, it is to COVER UP THE TRUTH.

It has been like this for thousands of years now. The mother of all cover-ups.

Try discussing this in other forums and see what you get. You people are your own worst enemy. Self-policing and self-censoring to the point where Truth is nothing but a dirty word anymore.

But what is really pathetic is when the censorship happens to YOU and you have the audacity to act surprised.

I would suggest that many of you here actually get out into the Real World and interact with non-believers and hear what they have to say about you and the Bible. I doubt most of you could survive the fiery darts.

They will rub your "holier than thou, I'm not going to Hell but you are" attitude in your face by showing how wrong you all are. A lot of Atheists know more about the Bible than you folks here.

Try going to a non-Christian funeral and tell everyone that the person in the coffin is going to 'suffer for all of eternity'. See what that gets you.

The world has had enough of the contradictions. Time is running out. Christianity needs to wake up or continue to perish until all is lost... all because they couldn't admit they were wrong. Sad.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If hell is below and Abrahams bosom is heaven- how can Lazarus and the rich man and Abrham have a conversation? How could he ask Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water to cool his tongue?
Good question!

The Bible describes 'Interdimensional Portals' similar to something we would see in a Science Fiction movie.

For example...

Revelation 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

That door was not just a Portal to Heaven, it was a Portal to a New Heaven and New Earth. Physicists would call that a Parallel Universe.

John was literally transported to a Parallel Universe! Thus, this 'Great Gulf Fixed' is the Space/Time Continuum, and not some silly 'chamber in Hell' or whatever they tell people in Church nowadays.

Thus, if John can have conversations with Heaven and travel through an Interdimensional Portal, then so can Lazarus and the Rich Man.
But an honest question. Why should we accept your interpretation of what is written in Scripture instead of just accepting the normal meaning of the words there as being correct. Why the big secret code? It seems you hold a super tiny position, I have never heard these allegorical reinterpretations before!
Like I mentioned in my last post. This info has been censored for thousands of years now upon penalty of death. The Church realized that without the lie of 'eternal suffering', they would lose Power and Control. There are stories of a decree in 5xx AD whereby it became illegal to teach Biblical Reincarnation. I haven't had the time to verify if it is True or not.

The sad bottom line to all of this is that the average "Christian" couldn't care less about others having a second chance. God himself could come down and teach them and it still would not change their Hearts. That is the main issue here. It is about accepting the message Love and not hate.

There is nothing I can do to change people's Hearts on this forum. Only God can do that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible teach this?

My Bible says the Unsaved will reap what they have sown. Those that have a rough life know what I am referring to. They do not wish to come back. Their debt is paid.

Sounds to me like many of you have it good, and as a consequence, have no idea what it is like to live a life of suffering as much of the world experiences.

Most of you look down your noses at the less fortunate without a care in the world as to how unfair it all seems. No Love. No Empathy. It shows. The rest of the world sees it and has no problem whatsoever calling Christians hypocrites.

Imagine the looks on your faces when God says to you...

Luke 13:27
"But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

...and you have to come back here as a child in China, working in a slave labor factory all of your days. Maybe then you will learn the lesson of humility and being humble.

Do not be so quick as to think it will not happen to you. Teaching the world that 'God is Love and hates you and will torment you for all of eternity' can be considered 'working iniquity'.

Many of you are working that iniquity now, never stopping to consider whether what you preach is True or not.

Matthew 7:14
"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
Look. I personally know some millionaires and a billionaire family.

They got it made on earth.

If hell is on earth, then they missed the boat.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apollyon/Abaddon strips the Spirit away from the Body and Soul leaving the Spark of Life free to inhabit another Body.

Since there are literally thousands of documented cases of Children remembering their past lives, I am led to conclude that the 'destruction' process is not always one hundred percent.

So, you believe in reincarnation. I hope you learn someday that is a false doctrine.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question!

The Bible describes 'Interdimensional Portals' similar to something we would see in a Science Fiction movie.

For example...

Revelation 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

That door was not just a Portal to Heaven, it was a Portal to a New Heaven and New Earth. Physicists would call that a Parallel Universe.

John was literally transported to a Parallel Universe! Thus, this 'Great Gulf Fixed' is the Space/Time Continuum, and not some silly 'chamber in Hell' or whatever they tell people in Church nowadays.

Thus, if John can have conversations with Heaven and travel through an Interdimensional Portal, then so can Lazarus and the Rich Man.

Like I mentioned in my last post. This info has been censored for thousands of years now upon penalty of death. The Church realized that without the lie of 'eternal suffering', they would lose Power and Control. There are stories of a decree in 5xx AD whereby it became illegal to teach Biblical Reincarnation. I haven't had the time to verify if it is True or not.

The sad bottom line to all of this is that the average "Christian" couldn't care less about others having a second chance. God himself could come down and teach them and it still would not change their Hearts. That is the main issue here. It is about accepting the message Love and not hate.

There is nothing I can do to change people's Hearts on this forum. Only God can do that.

Well that is all fine and nice sci-fi hypotheses, but it doesn't make it true!

You also forget John was having a vision and Abraham, Lazarus and the rich man were real and having actual conversations in real space time coordinates!

And sorry, but Jesus desires all to receive the forgiveness He bought for them with His blood, but Scriptures clearly and unambiguously teaches that the vast majority of humanity go away to eternal punishment! I know of no one who wishes that on even their most ardent enemy! it is a torment that is harsh!

That is why I go aand share the gospel when and where I can. In order that soem may escape the consequences of their own sin.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Amadeus for accurately quoting the verse. Christians try time and time again to post it in an attempt to debunk Biblical Reincarnation.

Whenever they do, they never give the meaning or interpretation. I have been debating this topic for years, and I have yet to see someone explain what it means. It is as if you folks are brainwashed into posting it as a knee-jerk reaction to a Cognitive Dissonance stimuli. Like someone who has been hypnotized.

The irony is that Hebrews 9:27 *supports* Biblical Reincarnation.

I will wait for someone to give their interpretation, then I will give mine.
Well I am not debating for or against your position. Rather I continue to strive to serve God seeking His Kingdom and righteousness. The Bible can be and has been used to support any number of opposing viewpoints, beliefs, doctrines, etc. I have during my lifetime been in several different camps and God has called me out of them for His reason... for His purpose. I don't believe His purpose/will for me is to argue/debate this issue. I don't believe what you do, but I also don't believe in many things to which people often adhere. When I see a place where I might edify someone in the things of God, I may then open my mouth [post].
Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have provided many verses proving my claims. However, I'm not going to bash anyone over the head and force them to agree with me.
But are you correct in every point of your beliefs?
Whoever can receive it, let him receive it...

Matthew 11:14
"And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come."

Notice Jesus uses the phrase 'if ye will receive it'. Even Jesus knows that the Truths I post are hard to believe. I do not expect anyone to change and accept what Jesus taught over night. Most will never change. Oh, but you have the Holy Ghost? Give me a break.

Not to be mean here, but many of you are too old to break free of the conditioning. Your Denomination told you what to believe and by golly, you aren't about to verify any of that now. Ain't nobody got time for that!
God has over the years called me out of more than one "denomination" or group. In each one where I strived to fit in I could not. Finally two years ago I came out of the last one where I also could not fit.

Whatever. I tried. Just remember...

When Jesus says this *IS* Elias. Then it is *YOU* that has decided not to believe, not me.

It is *YOU* that takes such a simple and plain verse and spins it to mean something completely different.

"It's Spiritual" you were told, and thus, whenever a Truth comes along you will not accept, you 'Spiritualize Away' the meaning.
Every day for many years now I have returned to the bottom and allowed God to refill or correct or to change. Only God gives anyone as increase in the right direction. We need use what have been given in accord with the Way that God directs. I know that in some things certainly my vision is still less than perfect. But... my heart remains open and my conversation with God is sincere and continuing.

I take Matthew 11:14 literal. You amadeus obviously do not. I believe the verse, you do not. That is the difference between you and I and the other critics here.
I believe that the Word of God is true and never changes. But, I also believe that I do not know all of the answers, so I walk carefully in submission to God each day. I strive not to embrace any ATs [Absolute Truths] but let God give any increase needed. This one one reason that I keep returning to the lowest room. We do, or are supposed to, I believe, live by faith rather than by knowledge. AND Where does knowledge begin?

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge..." Prov 1:7

We need to love the Truth even if we cannot know and understand it !

So no...

It is not "my position according to me". It is believing a verse as opposed to not believing it. Using the phrase "It's Spiritual" is nothing but a cop-out, and now the Church is busted.
You sure are preaching at me as if you knew all of God's answers about me. You may have missed a few things.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK everyone…

Who wants to play another round of...

“YOU CAN’T TAKE THAT LITERALLY!”

full

No one? Too bad.

As we learned earlier, the biggest lie the Church practically forces everyone to believe is that the Unsaved have absolutely ZERO chance of any kind of future Salvation. In addition, the Church has the audacity to add fuel to the fire (pun intended) by claiming that said Unsaved are screaming in agony for all of eternity.

That is seriously sick and psychotic! It is also unbiblical.

So, in typical unrepentant, hypocritical fashion, the Church must now ‘play the Democrat Party’. They must ‘Biden and Hillary’ the Sacred Texts to make it fit their agenda. So where to begin the deception? In the Book of Genesis of course…

Genesis 2:17
“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

Two lies are taught here…

Lie #1
“Day” does not mean day. In fact, the word day now means hundreds and hundreds of years. Heck, why not make it thousands or even millions? Since when does God mean what he says anyhow? Day now means whatever is in One’s imagination.

Lie #2
“Surely die” does not mean surely die. It means ‘not die’. After all, how can Adam and his Wife have babies if they are dead? And, if anyone questions our logic, we will simply tell them that Adam and his Wife died a ‘Spiritual Death’… as if that means anything! LOL!!!

full

And now, we have what God “should have said” in Genesis 2:17 according to the Church…

“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for after hundreds of years later that thou eatest thereof thou shalt die a spiritual death, meaning you will not die, and the Serpent told the Truth as always.”

Ah. Doesn’t that sound better to those itching ears? I bet it does!

But now, Reality must appear to shatter everyone’s Safe Space of little Children screaming in agony as their faces burn off over and over.

full

Here is the Truth…

God meant what he said. Yeah, I know right? So hard to believe.

Truth #1
“Day” means day. Not hundreds or thousands of years. Day means a twenty-four-hour period of time.

Truth #2
“Surely die” means surely die. Not “kinda, sorta, but not really.” It does not mean “Spiritually die” either. Surely die means that Adam and his wife were LIFELESS. They were WORM FOOD. They had no pulse. They ‘kicked the bucket’. They were deceased. Departed. They were 'no longer'.

The rest of the story describes how Adam and his Wife’s ‘eyes were opened’ as they rose on Resurrection Day. Not the resurrection of the saved, but of the damned.

They were ultimately judged, found guilty, and made to ‘pass through the fire’…

Genesis 3:24
"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

The Cherubim and Flaming Sword was the Lake of Fire. Once on the other side, God ‘clothed’ them with the flesh and blood we have now.

Long story short…

Adam and his Wife were Reincarnated by the hand of God, using the Seed of the Serpent and the Seed of Mystery Babylon as Mom and Pop.

full

Last edited:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's that time again!

Time to play...

“YOU CAN’T TAKE THAT LITERALLY!”

full

Let us now hear from Jesus...

John 8:23
"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

And there we have it... another verse Christians are not allowed to take literally.

We come from BENEATH as in HELL. And just to be sure we have the correct interpretation of the word 'beneath', we will gather some more Witnesses...

Proverbs 15:24
"The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."

Yep, beneath is Hell, where we came from.

Isaiah 14:9
Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.”

Gotta love that redundancy.

;)

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As we learned earlier, the biggest lie the Church practically forces everyone to believe is that the Unsaved have absolutely ZERO chance of any kind of future Salvation. In addition, the Church has the audacity to add fuel to the fire (pun intended) by claiming that said Unsaved are screaming in agony for all of eternity.

That is seriously sick and psychotic! It is also unbiblical.
I agree, that is not taught by the Bible.
“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

Truth #2
“Surely die” means surely die. Not “kinda, sorta, but not really.” It does not mean “Spiritually die” either. Surely die means that Adam and his wife were LIFELESS. They were WORM FOOD. They had no pulse. They ‘kicked the bucket’. They were deceased. Departed. They were 'no longer'.
The KJV footnote gives the more precise meaning of the Hebrew. Instead of "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die", it should say "in the day that thou eatest thereof, dying thou shalt die". In the very day that the ate the fruit they started to die. Likewise we are all dying and will die.

The rest of the story describes how Adam and his Wife’s ‘eyes were opened’ as they rose on Resurrection Day.
Nonsense. It does not say that Adam and Eve died and were resurrected - you're making up your own stories! It says that after they ate the fruit "the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons" (Gen 3:7).

The resurrection of the dead is a future occurrence. The apostle Paul wrote (1Th 4:13-17):

13) But we don’t want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don’t grieve like the rest, who have no hope.
14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.
15) For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep.
16) For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first,
17) then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.

So he explains that no Christian is resurrected until the rapture takes place (which it hasn't yet). The rest of the human race cannot be resurrected until all Christians have first been resurrected and have joined Jesus in heaven, because all of the merit of Jesus' sacrifce has been applied to Christians only, and in order to resurrect non-Christians all Christians must sacrifice their human lives too, so that the merit of Christ's sacifice can be returned and then applied to all non-Christians.

They were ultimately judged, found guilty, and made to ‘pass through the fire’…

Genesis 3:24
"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

The Cherubim and Flaming Sword was the Lake of Fire. Once on the other side, God ‘clothed’ them with the flesh and blood we have now.
It does not say they passed through fire. It says God drove them out of the garden and then He placed cherubim and a flaming sword at the east of the garden "to guard the way to the tree of life", i.e. he has preserved the way back to the tree of life. The cherubim and a flaming sword which turned every way is not the lake of fire! A moving sword is completely different from a still lake.

It does not say that God clothed Adam and Eve with flesh and blood (they already were flesh and blood). What it says is that "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them" (Gen 3:21), which He did before He drove them out of the garden, and before placing cherubims (angels) and a flaming sword.

Adam and his Wife were Reincarnated by the hand of God, using the Seed of the Serpent and the Seed of Mystery Babylon as Mom and Pop.
What utter nonsense! The text (Gen 3) makes no mention of that!

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 8:23
"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

And there we have it... another verse Christians are not allowed to take literally.
I take it literally. Jesus is saying that he has come from heaven, that we are from the earth but he is not.

We come from BENEATH as in HELL.
No, it means that we are "of this world".

And just to be sure we have the correct interpretation of the word 'beneath', we will gather some more Witnesses...

Proverbs 15:24
"The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."
A more understandable translation is "The path of life leads upward for the wise, to keep him from going downward to Sheol" (WEB). It is not saying that we are in or from Sheol, it implies that wise people will obey God's laws and thereby improve their chances of gaining eternal life (rather than going down to Sheol, which is eventually destroyed - "Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire", Rev 20:14). Only the dead are in Sheol.

Isaiah 14:9
Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.”
This is part of a parable that Isaiah says the Israelites will take up against the king of Babylon:

"It will happen in the day that Yahweh will give you rest from your sorrow, from your trouble, and from the hard service in which you were made to serve, that you will take up this parable against the king of Babylon, and say, “How the oppressor has ceased! The golden city has ceased!”" (Isa 14:3,4).

It's basically saying that the king of Babylon is going to die and go down to Sheol (hell). It goes on to say, "They [the dead kings of nations] all will answer and ask you, “Have you also become as weak as we are? Have you become like us?” Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, with the sound of your stringed instruments. Maggots are spread out under you, and worms cover you." It is not saying that all people have come from Sheol! You are taking verses out of context and trying to make them fit your ideas, but they don't support what you claim.

Last edited: