Hell . . . The Good News.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can all easily in modern times say this or that about subjects because we have the Bible. Yet man of God have debated over the topic that were far more brilliant to the ways of God than we, some of their thoughts

Ignatius of Antioch

Corrupters of families will not inherit the kingdom of God. And if they who do these things according to the flesh suffer death, how much more if a man corrupt by evil reaching the faith of God for the sake of which Jesus Christ was crucified? A man become so foul will depart into unquenchable fire, and so will anyone who listens to him (Letter to the Ephesians 16:1-2 [A.D. 110]).

Second Clement

If we do the will of Christ, we shall obtain rest; but if not, if we neglect his commandments, nothing will rescue us from eternal punishment (Second Clement 5:5 [A.D. 150]).

Justin Martyr

No more is it possible for the evildoer, the avaricious, and the treacherous to hide from God than it is for the virtuous. Every man will receive the eternal punishment or reward which his actions deserve. Indeed, if all men recognized this, no one would choose evil even for a short time, knowing that he would incur the eternal sentence of fire. On the contrary, he would take every means to control himself and to adorn himself in virtue, so that he might obtain the good gifts of God and escape the punishments (First Apology 12 [A.D. 151]).

[Jesus] shall come from the heavens in glory with his angelic host, when he shall raise the bodies of all the men who ever lived. Then he will clothe the worthy in immortality; but the wicked, clothed in eternal sensibility, he will commit to the eternal fire, along with the evil demons (ibid. 52).

The Martyrdom of Polycarp

Fixing their minds on the grace of Christ, [the martyrs] despised worldly tortures and purchased eternal life with but a single hour. To them, the fire of their cruel torturers was cold. They kept before their eyes their escape from the eternal and unquenchable fire (Martyrdom of Polycarp 2:3 [A.D. 155]).

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false doctrine of a second chance after we die, like with Universalism or Purgatory attracts those with itching ears...
Why do you use the phrase "itching ears"? There is nothing to itch here.

Torments is still Torments. The Lake of Fire still burns. No one is getting a free pass. Everyone will reap what they have sown.

The reason there is Good News is that there is Justice and there is Balance.

You mean to tell me that whenever a little Hindu girl dies she will 'burn forever' along with Hitler, receiving the exact same punishment? How is that fair? How is that Just?

God hates that...

Proverbs 11:1
"A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight."

Sadly, a False Balance is exactly what the Church promotes as Truth, and I'm calling them out on it.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...nothing will rescue us from eternal punishment (Second Clement 5:5 [A.D. 150]).
Excellent. Let us now expand on the phrase 'Eternal Punishment' through the lens of Scripture.

We know that God is Love...

1 John 4:8
"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

We know that God is full of Grace...

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Therefore, we must always interpret verses with these Truths in mind.

Now then...

Which one of these two scenarios fits a God of Love and Grace?

a) Little Johnny was bad. His parents whipped and beat him non-stop for all of eternity. Thus, Little Johnny received an Eternal Punishment.

or...

b) Little Johnny was bad. His parents took away his allowance for all of eternity. Thus, Little Johnny received an Eternal Punishment.

I say God would have no problem taking away my allowance forever, however, if God tormented me for all of eternity, that would mean God is NOT Love and God is NOT full of Grace.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for featuring the thread!

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW...

For those interested in a more in-depth study on this topic, I just released a new film covering all of this...

:cool:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also...

Be careful how you interpret the word, 'forever'...

Jonah 2:6
"I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God."

Is Jonah still in the belly of the whale? I mean... doesn't 'forever' mean 'forever'?

No.

In this case, 'forever' means three days and three nights...

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
According to Psalms 139:15, Matthew 23:15, and Jonah 2:2 everyone will
eventually make it to safety when they pass on.

/
even Adolph Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you use the phrase "itching ears"? There is nothing to itch here.

Torments is still Torments. The Lake of Fire still burns. No one is getting a free pass. Everyone will reap what they have sown.

The reason there is Good News is that there is Justice and there is Balance.

You mean to tell me that whenever a little Hindu girl dies she will 'burn forever' along with Hitler, receiving the exact same punishment? How is that fair? How is that Just?

God hates that...

Proverbs 11:1
"A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight."

Sadly, a False Balance is exactly what the Church promotes as Truth, and I'm calling them out on it.

The unsaved will be destroyed instantly because their spirits never became immortal. I tend to believe that when someone is born again, their spirit becomes immortal. Now if one of those apostates, the immortal soul will suffer forever. As Peter said, it would have been better for them to never have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them

2 Peter 2:
20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Guess you didn't read this:
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another false doctrine built on patching pieces of verses together. Nothing to be taken seriously.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No pets are allowed in the Bible's hell and no flowers or vegetation of any
kind. The absence of birds, fish, and animals of course precludes the citizens
of hell ever again spending a day at the zoo. The one advantage of the lack
of pets and vegetation in hell is the absence of fleas, mosquitoes, and
allergies. I suppose you could say that's at least one good thing about it.
There's a bright side to everything I guess; even to that place.
_

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unsaved will be destroyed instantly because their spirits never became immortal.
I believe we are Tripart Beings...

Body
Soul
Spirit

To use an analogy...

The Body is like a computer case. It contains plastic, metal, fasteners, etc.

The Soul is like the data stored in the hard drive. It contains software, images, text, memories, and so on.

The Spirit is like the electricity that powers said computer. It comes from the power plant (God), and is always available.

The computer case (Body) and data (Soul) can be destroyed...

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

The electricity (Spirit) goes back to God who gave it...

Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

Spirit of Man goeth upward...

Ecclesiastes 3:21
"Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"

The electricity (Spirit) is never destroyed. The energy is transferred. Since it came from the power plant (God), it is immortal. God can send it back for another try.

Since most of the data (Soul) is deleted, there is very little 'memory' (personality/character) left over. This is why we shouldn't be concerned about Hitler, Chairman Mao, or whoever, coming back to haunt us. Their former evil selves are eliminated.

In fact, they could be any one of you here now. God gave you folks another chance. How wicked were you before?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you didn't read this:
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Many Scholars conclude that 'forever and ever' means 'age after age' or 'time period after time period'.

I agree with them. Although I believe a more appropriate interpretation would be 'incarnation after incarnation' because this would agree with Scripture.

For example...

Revelation 17:8
"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

The above verse is clearly teaching us that the beast used to be alive. The beast then died. But what comes next? The Beast is alive again!

Thus, the phrase 'was, and is not, and yet is' refers to what some would call Reincarnation. The Bible calls Reincarnation 'Mystery of Iniquity'...

2 Thessalonians 2:7
"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

full

The Beast incarnates over and over again. Each time this happens, a new 'head' forms on it.

Since the Beast has seven heads, this leads me to conclude that it will be Reincarnated seven times.

One of those incarnations was Pharaoh...

Ezekiel 29:3
"Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself."

Pharaoh is one of the heads of the Beast and Dragon.

I'm sure you folks can figure out who the other heads are.

;)

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another false doctrine built on patching pieces of verses together. Nothing to be taken seriously.
Because of this attitude, Christians have been left in the dark for thousands of years now.

It is amazing how 'Self-Policing' works. The Devil really doesn't have to do much but to sit back and let hatred dictate doctrine.

The current teachings on Hell and the Lake of Fire is one of the greatest lies that the Devil absolutely loves. The more the better.

I mean, seriously....

"God is Love and hates you and will burn and torment you for all of eternity!"

The ultimate 'fake news' message of Christianity. It is the greatest contradiction ever told! The Devil laughs.

What we are witnessing here is that those with the most hatred in their hearts will despise the message of second chances.

God has given Mankind a Love I.Q. test. Sadly, many have failed.

:(

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
99 percent of your " doctrine" is just you stating what you think things are. Then you throw in a few out of context verses. It's embarrassing how you misuse the Bible.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

The electricity (Spirit) goes back to God who gave it...

Matthew 10:28 only shows two. How did you not see this? Both the soul (data) and Spirit (electricity) return to God in a Christian. But the unsaved is utterly destroyed.

I find it easier to understand us being triune beings by examining us.

Body - Jesus with a brain
Soul - invisible Father, invisible mind inside the brain
Spirit - Holy Spirit, life force

Jesus said He didn't do anything He didn't see His father doing in heaven. How? Through His mind. That is where we see visions.

Since most of the data (Soul) is deleted, there is very little 'memory' (personality/character) left over. This is why we shouldn't be concerned about Hitler, Chairman Mao, or whoever, coming back to haunt us. Their former evil selves are eliminated.

I agree, but it is because the dead know not anything UNDER the sun. We won't care about the things of earth, but the mind is where we have our nature, and we are partakers of the divine nature when we become born again. We have the mind of Christ. All our knowledge of God is intact, only becoming heightened. Those whose nature is righteous or holy on earth, will remain so after death. Those whose nature is still carnal and filthy and unbelieving will remain so after death and be destroyed. Revelation 22:11.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Scholars conclude that 'forever and ever' means 'age after age' or 'time period after time period'.

I agree with them. Although I believe a more appropriate interpretation would be 'incarnation after incarnation' because this would agree with Scripture.
Many "Scholars" who don't like the eternal fire? Sorry, Jesus mentioned it several times.
Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

/

Now for the bad news!

Hell is simply the grave or world of the dead. Every one will make it out of hell.

The righteous dead that were in hell (Abrahams Bosom) have since gone ot heaven.

The angels in tartarus and the lost in the place of torments will leave there to be cast into te lake of fire!

All the mythology in your post 20 means nothing.