Hello Christian brothers and Sisters. I'm a Chaplain and I was blessed with tuition free Bible College education...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IggyChaps

Jul 25, 2023
Yonkers
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so thankful to be part of Christianity board community. I wanted to take this opportunity to give a short testimony about me. When I have more time I will post my long testimony. God is so awesome is all I have to say. Just wow! Praise the LORD.

I have been so blessed because I had a calling in my life and I loved to study the Bible and I was doing bible study groups. I always have a high regard for the verse study to show thyself approved. I wanted to get ordained but I was going through financial hardships. And it was God when I found an online college that was tuition free. I couldn't believe it. But it was true! I am now a chaplain and doing the LORD's work that He called me to. It's amazing how God has used me to bless so many. So maybe there are others that hunger for the word and love to study the bible and would love to have free training to minister the word. So I want to pay it foward.
[removed - Christianity Board Forum Rules]

Please let me know if this helps anyone. This was an answer to prayer for me, so I know there must be others like me. Blessings to all of you my brothers and sisters in Christ. I can't wait to hear the testimonies. :woohoo!:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am so thankful to be part of Christianity board community. I wanted to take this opportunity to give a short testimony about me. When I have more time I will post my long testimony. God is so awesome is all I have to say. Just wow! Praise the LORD.

I have been so blessed because I had a calling in my life and I loved to study the Bible and I was doing bible study groups. I always have a high regard for the verse study to show thyself approved. I wanted to get ordained but I was going through financial hardships. And it was God when I found an online college that was tuition free. I couldn't believe it. But it was true! I am now a chaplain and doing the LORD's work that He called me to. It's amazing how God has used me to bless so many. So maybe there are others that hunger for the word and love to study the bible and would love to have free training to minister the word. So I want to pay it foward.

[removed - ]Christianity Board Forum Rules

Please let me know if this helps anyone. This was an answer to prayer for me, so I know there must be others like me. Blessings to all of you my brothers and sisters in Christ. I can't wait to hear the testimonies. :woohoo!:
Do you know @Netchaplain ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IggyChaps

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I have more time I will post my long testimony. God is so awesome is all I have to say. Just wow! Praise the LORD...I always have a high regard for the verse study to show thyself approved.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
! (+
I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *
↑ do you mean ↑ 'high regard' for this? ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum. May God richly bless your time spent here.

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello IggyChaps and welcome to the board.....:waves:
Do you mind if I ask you some questions?

A few things I noticed in your intro, makes me wonder where this idea of "ordination" comes from?
Is it a "Christian" requirement, or a "church" requirement? Are they the same thing?
Does one really need a degree in theology in order to 'do the Lord's work'?

I wanted to get ordained but I was going through financial hardships. And it was God when I found an online college that was tuition free. I couldn't believe it. But it was true! I am now a chaplain and doing the LORD's work that He called me to.
What does "ordination" actually mean, and where will I find it as a requirement for serving God, in the Bible?
Where does it say that gaining Bible education should have 'tuition fees'? Who charges money to teach you about God?
Were any of the 12 apostles educated men? One of the things that the Pharisees held against them was the fact that they had not received a formal education at their rabbinical schools. (Acts 4:13) Why did Jesus choose religiously uneducated men to be his apostles?

Also the word "chaplain".....where will I find that in the scriptures? What does a degree in "theology" mean for those who think that doing the Lord's work requires a formal education in church doctrine?

Should a person be paid to be a chaplain? According to one website the "salary" for a chaplain in Australia is $80-$100,000 AUD a year.
The average prn chaplain salary in the USA is $52,410 per year or $25.20 per hour. Chaplains are part of the military and attain the rank of Captain.
Does that make you cringe? It does me....who was ever paid to do the Lord's work in the Bible? Didn't Jesus say..."You received free, give free."? (Matthew 10:8)
Didn't Paul say that he didn't want to be "an expensive burden" on his brothers and sister financially? He was a tentmaker by trade and worked for his own keep most of the time....although his spiritual family did support him at times.
He wrote at 2 Thess 3:7-9......
"For you yourselves know how you should imitate us, because we did not behave in a disorderly way among you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you. 9 Not that we do not have authority, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate."

How can "the Lord's work" be something for which one receives a "salary"?
Where did all these notions come from if they were missing in original Christianity?

Just curious as to how you view these things....? Have you ever thought about them?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A few things I noticed in your intro, makes me wonder where this idea of "ordination" comes from?
Is it a "Christian" requirement, or a "church" requirement? Are they the same thing?

What does "ordination" actually mean, and where will I find it as a requirement for serving God, in the Bible?
Where does it say that gaining Bible education should have 'tuition fees'? Who charges money to teach you about God?
Were any of the 12 apostles educated men? One of the things that the Pharisees held against them was the fact that they had not received a formal education at their rabbinical schools. (Acts 4:13) Why did Jesus choose religiously uneducated men to be his apostles?

Also the word "chaplain".....where will I find that in the scriptures? What does a degree in "theology" mean for those who think that doing the Lord's work requires a formal education in church doctrine?

Should a person be paid to be a chaplain? According to one website the "salary" for a chaplain in Australia is $80-$100,000 AUD a year.
The average prn chaplain salary in the USA is $52,410 per year or $25.20 per hour. Chaplains are part of the military and attain the rank of Captain.
Does that make you cringe? It does me....who was ever paid to do the Lord's work in the Bible? Didn't Jesus say..."You received free, give free."? (Matthew 10:8)
Didn't Paul say that he didn't want to be "an expensive burden" on his brothers and sister financially? He was a tentmaker by trade and worked for his own keep most of the time....although his spiritual family did support him at times.
"For you yourselves know how you should imitate us, because we did not behave in a disorderly way among you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you. 9 Not that we do not have authority, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate."

Where did all these notions come from if they were missing in original Christianity?

Just curious as to how you view these things....? Have you ever thought about them?

You forgot this. ;)

1690453303530.png1690453303530.png

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your litany of questions reminds me of the scene in "Back to School" wherein Rodney Dangerfield implores the professor "Hey, take it easy professor, she (the student in question) was just a kid".

1690453697790.png1690453697790.png

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But, I do think you ask a lot of good questions and I hope that our new friend will look at your questions not as a challenge but as a way to grow and learn.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But, I do think you ask a lot of good questions and I hope that our new friend will look at your questions not as a challenge but as a way to grow and learn.
I didn’t mean it to be an inquisition :hmhehm......
It’s just that I love questions myself and I know Jesus asked them too, just probably not so many.....:ummm:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi there again @IggyChaps,
What do you mean you are a Chaplain? What is a Chaplain? Do you work now and earn money as a Chaplain?
Also, what theology is this free online bible education?
Is it a Once Saved Always Saved, or Once Saved Not Always Saved?
And is it a faith only teaching, or faith and works/deeds working together teaching?
Thank you lots.

IggyChaps

Jul 25, 2023
Yonkers
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there again @IggyChaps,
What do you mean you are a Chaplain? What is a Chaplain? Do you work now and earn money as a Chaplain?
Also, what theology is this free online bible education?
Is it a Once Saved Always Saved, or Once Saved Not Always Saved?
And is it a faith only teaching, or faith and works/deeds working together teaching?
Thank you lots.
Greetings and blessings to you

A chaplain is a pastor that has no church but brings church to the people that can't go to church or that are unchurched. I currently am a volunteer chaplain but yes you can work and get paid for chaplaincy work. Chaplains can work in any field, military, law enforcement, fire department, prison, corporate, schools, hospitals, ect. My calling is with the children so I am an activist an abolitionist against slavery (human trafficking) and abortion and antisemitism. I am also an intercessory chaplain. I lead various prayer groups and bible study.

Christian Leaders Institute teaches sound doctrine. The bible says be holy because I am holy and we have to submit to the holy spirit in obedience. They don't teach hypergrace or works. It's strictly the bible not men's traditions. The Bible says we shall be known by our fruits. And our fruits must show the fruit of the spirit love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control=this is the Christ mind. So the true disciples of Jesus will have the mark of God, the Holy Spirit. Jesus said if you abide in me I will abide in you.

For further information You can check out their mission statement : Christian Leaders Network

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

IggyChaps

Jul 25, 2023
Yonkers
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings and blessings to you,

I do not mind your questions but I don't have much time to show you all the scriptures on ordination, ect. I have a business meeting soon. but I will def come back to these questions. They are awesome questions.

I was brought up in a legalistic church where they taught women were the lesser human. So I was going to leave the Lord because of false teachings. So when I first started reading the bible it wasn't easy for me to understand. And my foundation/my worldview was a bit distorted by men's teachings. So when the Lord spoke to me I realized the importance of learning how to study the bible and the original texts, the jewish culture and way of thinking. I was born and raised in the western world and so I use to think in the western mindset. The bible is from the middle east so it's a different culture and thinking and also we need to dig into the history of the bible times to see what was the jewish mindset of the day. But before I studied in a bible school, I first enrolled in the School of the Holy Spirit (Pardon my dry sense of humor. But it is biblical laughter is the best medicine. But all jokes aside I never study the word of God without first praying and submitting to the Holy Spirit. He is there to be the revelator of the scriptures.) Hence, my favorite verse is "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." The LORD gave us the bible not to just read it but to search in out to study it. And the bible doesn't contradict itself so you can use the bible itself to see if any doctrine is alligned with the Holy Spirit/with scripture. Most people just listen to the preacher preach but they don't do like the bereans and search out the scriptures.

Therefore all of us before we started in God, we didn't know how to study the bible and we all were mislead. None of us were born knowing the scriptures. We were drinking the milk of the word but God never wanted us staying on the milk of the word. He wanted us to grow and eat the meat of the word. And so that requires ministers to teach. God would have loved to be our personal guides but we always want the presence of God without paying the cost. One example of this was Moses and the Israelites. The LORD told the people to be ready to receive him. But they were not ready so when the heaviness of his glory came they couldn't take it and told Moses to meet with God and then report to them. The priest would prepare for a whole year to enter the Holy of Holies. Not just anyone can go in. If you were not prepared God's Holiness could kill you.

In Judges we see that God was the ruler and the prophets/the judges were his mouth pieces like Moses. But again the people did not want God as the ruler they wanted to be like the pagan nations and have a human ruler. And so they got Saul. And it didn't go well. Ouch!!! So it's still like that today. We rather follow people and not God. So it's important to study to show thy self approved and to be prepared to give an answer of your faith in or out of season. We all need to be taught how to study the bible and dicern what is truth and lies. A bank teller study a real dollar bill to dicern what is a fake dollar. So we need teachers that are faithful to the Holy Spirit and the Holy Scriptures to teach sound doctrine.

We are also not to be the lone rangers. We are suppose to keep each other accountable. Paul said in Ephesians 4:11-16
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."

Paul sent out many to be ordained, Timothy is just one example. The Levi, the priest would receive offerings for the service as a priest it's biblical. The Levi were born into there vocation, the scribes also, ect. The bible says,
"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward." 1 Timothy 5:18

Therefore, if you have a pastor with a family and he is serving his church doing community outreach, and services, taking care of the flock ect. How can he do this full time and keep a roof over his head and family how can they have meals to eat and clothing. We need to pray for our pastors and support them because they take care of God's sheep. Now we are not suppose to prostitute the word of God like simon the sorcerrer did. but yes a workman is worthy of his wages.

I hope this helps.

Blessings to you in Christ. <3