Hello everyone, a little about myself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dei-Gnostica

Nov 4, 2007
Greetings brothers and sisters. I've never really joined an online Christian forum before -or any forum for that matter-, but I'd like to learn as much as I can from this one.First, I'd like to tell you a little about myself. I'm a mixed race, my parents are mainly West Indian, and I have some German as well as Spanish heritage as well. Anyway, my family's never really been religious. Having gone to church once twice a year... maybe. But they were certainly supportive of me when I chose to be more religious and discover more about my Christian faith. I would like to tell you a little about what I believe. Some of you might consider me Christian, some of you might not. I DO consider myself a Christian and my place at the feet of our Lord. There was a point in my life where I felt lost. Chaotic, materialistic. I'm not sure what I was. It just seems like a different life. And so I took to faith to find comfort. But there were so many denominations of Christianity to study. The more I studied, the more I learned. But still, my life was going down the drain drip by drip. There were so many sects laying out so many paths to our Lord. And then my life hit such a low point... And I wanted to just get away from it all. What seemed like sheer chance to me back then, I now know was Divine guidance. I took a leave of absense, and went to Israel. I was there for a year. I don't really want to talk too much about my experiences there; suffice it to say I saw great men do great things and evil men do truly evil things. Looking back on it, one might say it was the most traumatic year of my life. But I don't see it that way. I see it as a turning point. A healing point. One particular day, walking through the streets of Tel Aviv, I saw a man who was surely an Israeli soldier. Paraplegic, lost his legs in some battle somewhere. Maybe attacked by Palestinian gunmen, who knows? It's an everyday affair over there. What is it that drives men to afflict such pain upon each other? What is it about us that drives us to throw ourselves into suffering--into despair? There was a park nearby and I went and sat there on the park bench. I sat for hours. And something hit me. Something struck me at the very core of my being. I felt compelled to travel to Jerusalem again. I don't know what it was, but I found a quiet patch of grass. I sat and I closed my eyes and meditated. And I felt Him. The light of Jesus, of our Father, of our Holy Spirit, of the Word flow through me and envelope me. And it came to me. Why should any one path to Jesus, be it Catholicism or Orthodoxy, or Protestantism or other denomination--as long as they believe in the Fundamentals--be more valid than any other? Not only were all those paths valid but they were unnecessary as well because the one path that is often ignored is the one that directly links your heart and mind to our Lord and Saviour. And so I meditated. I didn't pray... I meditated. As the Divine Love of our Saviour engulfed me, I knew I had to meditate further, for this is the best connection I had and needed with God. And so it came to me. So long as I believe in the Holiest of Holy Books: The Bible; so long as I keep the Light of our Lord safe and secure in my heart and mind, no church, no denomination can bring me the connection that I feel through meditation. A denomination implies a religion. Christianity is more than just a religion. It is a way of life. It is a relationship between us and our Saviour. And so I meditate To me prayer does not suffice. I meditate upon our Saviour, our God, our Son of Man, our One King. And so now I look at the world and my troubles melt away. The afflictions of my life disappeared. What is it that causes men to unleash suffering unto each other? It is this material world. This ever fleeting world, which is but a blink of an eye in the grandity of Eternity has so caused men to get lost in their material desires.. and this greed, this lust, this ego, this selfish behaviour causes us to do what we do. Causes us to suffer. I have thus shed as much as I can of my worldly tendencies... my material desires. This material reality is just a blink. It is the Divine reality that I seek... To the point, Heaven is described as a paradise with golden streams and lushness and all the material comforts. But you know, this is just self gratification. It is not what I want... material tendencies do not interest me. You know what the REAL joy of Heaven is? The REAL comfort? It is the fact that we forever bask in the glow of our Lord. We are united with Him. Our souls rejoin and return to that ever graceful place amidst the Word of God. That is the real pleasure of Heaven. To be reunited with our King. that is what I look forward to. And that is what I am. I am Christian, of no denomination. Of no church: my church is my heart and mind. The One Who gives me my sermon is no mortal. The One Who gives me my sermon has spelled it out for me in the Holy Bible; upon Whose words I shall forever meditate. Upon Whom I shall forever meditate.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
One can be saved, even if in a bad denomination, because they went directlty to Christ in faith to be saved and accept the free gift, not having much wisdom in the wiles of the world, and being innocent of realising how dark the overal conflict can be, because so much time is spent in attacking dark denominations, for using all the "Smoke," and "Mirrors," they can to hide the truth, even though people get "Saved," inspite of, an not because of that particular denomination, So that even if the "Devil," himself Preaches "Christ," thru that false denomination, along with all his "Smoke," and "Mirrors," to hope no one "Truly Understands," -God has a way of making sure that those who seek Him truly will be saved, even if the denomination they are in are notorious for being Infamous, and truly evil beyond belief. I don't think a lot of the people who were saved thru the dark ages, and early middle ages, might have been able to credit much of that to the churches themselves, and it seems also so today, But God has got "Christ's Back," so to speak, and that's a team I would not like to bet against. But all humour ( or lack thereof ) aside, it is difficult to argue with what You say, for those who are saved within these denominations, Which we have to look upon as the "Largest," "Evangelical Fields," in existance, and We don't even have to go looking deep in the jungle for them so to speak, because they are out in the open, in the most dangerous jungle known to Man -----Civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome, and don't mind Me, I'm a little screwy myself, but am tolerated with kindness ( not that I am implying You'r screwy just because I am ).God BlessMike

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Word of warning. Your only reliable source is the Bible. There are some things in this forum that we disagree in. For example, I believe that there is a young earth, while others believe there was a gap in time that allowed the earth to age and become old like many scientists believe (even though this view is not nessessity to salvation). Beware of other peoples docterines and study yourself whether or not it is the truth.This forum is probably the best forum I've come across
smile.gif
, and everyone is nice. Welcome.

Dei-Gnostica

Nov 4, 2007
Thank you my brothers. I would like to learn more about your experiences with your faith. To me, meditation is the key, but I'll share more as time passes.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Welcome Dei-Gnostica. Yes God's Words is the key to unlock truth and we can not know the truth without Yahshua's help. The Holy Ghost is our Comforter. Beware of false doctrines on this forum as Satan does indeed attack this site.Love much to you from JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Dei-Gnostica

Nov 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;21620)
Welcome Dei-Gnostica. Yes God's Words is the key to unlock truth and we can not know the truth without Yahshua's help. The Holy Ghost is our Comforter. Beware of false doctrines on this forum as Satan does indeed attack this site.Love much to you from JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
Hello my brother, thank you for your words.I feel I must disagree with you on one point though. I don't believe Satan can 'attack' us. Satan can tease us, maybe deceive us, maybe tempt us. But if we, of the family of Christ, of the family of God, shed ourselves of worldly desires and seek only the path of our Lord, then the Fallen One can do no more than that. Only the voice of Satan... the impression of Satan can make it to Earth. I've come face to face with Satan's echoes many a time in the Middle East. Don't doubt that Satan has power, it certainly does. But we, the children of God have authority vested unto us by our Lord. Sit and meditate upon our Saviour, and watch the Fallen One recoil in anguish.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Dei-Gnostica;21630)
Hello my brother, thank you for your words.I feel I must disagree with you on one point though. I don't believe Satan can 'attack' us. Satan can tease us, maybe deceive us, maybe tempt us. But if we, of the family of Christ, of the family of God, shed ourselves of worldly desires and seek only the path of our Lord, then the Fallen One can do no more than that. Only the voice of Satan... the impression of Satan can make it to Earth. I've come face to face with Satan's echoes many a time in the Middle East. Don't doubt that Satan has power, it certainly does. But we, the children of God have authority vested unto us by our Lord. Sit and meditate upon our Saviour, and watch the Fallen One recoil in anguish.
I am probably alone on this board in being an unbeliever of satan or his power over man. I think evil is more diffuse and not concentrated in one being called lucifer or satan. A metaphore if you will.I believe in an omnipresent God - but not a being called satan.However, I do believe in evil and the propensity for man to do evil things.As well as shadowy creatures who get a kick out of misery. I think that sometime the "satan made me do it" attitude does let people off the hook and allows people not take personal responsibility for their own actions.I may be spouting false doctrine as SuperJag reminds us, it is not intentional, maybe satan is real and I am an unwitting puppet:)Not believing in satan can work both ways: Unbelief prevents the "naughty one" getting a hold over us.Unbelief could also make me, for example, naive and susceptible to his manipulations.I have come across some truly evil people and the scary thing is, they look just like you or I.Come to your own conclusions.It seems this board has diversity of opinion on what it is to be Christian but that can be a good thing. It may be a narrow gate we have to pass through but it helps to have our eyes open.There is a great bunch of people here, we can agree to disagree.Welcome, again.
smile.gif

Dei-Gnostica

Nov 4, 2007
Hmm, that is an interesting take Wise Haven, but I'm confused. It seems to me that you describe 'evil' as not a thing in and of itself, but rather simply a moral gauge of actions that people do... Am I correct/incorrect?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
In a weird way I kind of agree with Wise Haven I know that will probably surprise many here who know what I teach about him but in a way she is right there is No personage of Satan on earth at this present time only his spirit can influence those who allow it or are not aware of the power Christ gives us over him his evil is everywhere always working against God and his word. Where we differ is that I do believe there is a real Lucifer because we are told there is he walks he talks he is a Angel that appears as a man and we are told of him Walking to fro upon the earth we are told he at times speaks directly to God there is to much information about him as a individual to dismiss as a metaphor. However he is currently being physically held by Michael in heaven where he accuses day and night, But soon he will be kicked to earth in his physical form and will become Antichrist. You do not kick a metaphor out of heaven.But for the present time only his evil permeates the earth

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
(Dei-Gnostica;21894)
Hmm, that is an interesting take Wise Haven, but I'm confused. It seems to me that you describe 'evil' as not a thing in and of itself, but rather simply a moral gauge of actions that people do... Am I correct/incorrect?
Not quite, but close.Evil is a negative energy, not something that is merely a moral gauge. Maybe it is something human beings possess and if given free reign it can grow and infect others around. I see it as some sort of remnant of early man - a primeval, immoral, selfish, inhuman aspect of our instintive original prehistoric mind.Is satan a thinking, planning, physical entity? No - but an energy that can infect a real human and be manifested in the flesh - yes!I do not dispute what Kriss says. Undoubtedly satan is given a form in the bible that does not seem to be metaphor. I have spent years as a non Christian and totally disbelieved in satan and hell apart from the hell we create for ourselves.Maybe I am hedging my bets. If I believe in satan he gains power from that belief (if he exists)I do not need the threat of a satan or hell as a moral gauge - I do however look to Christ for a positive motivation not to sin like crazy. I think the concept of satan very dangerous. It motivates people not to sin for fear of punishment in hellfire and satans prodder - not because what they do is wrong morally or would hurt themselves and others. In religions like Islam at the moment we see populations looking to their scriptures for ways to manipulate Gods word, to follow their own agenda.That way they can do what they want by using gods word as justification for doing evil because God says it is ok. They are morally immature.If we develop and mature our own (guided) moral compass without threat of fire and brimstone we learn the true nature of good and evil.Like me, I do not drink alcohol and drive. This is not through fear of being caught by the police and having to face the consequences of being a lawbreaker. I don't do it because it is a danger to myself, my passengers and other road users. A moral decision.But if the bible says satan exists, then he must. I just do not want to give him any headspace.