Hello! Just joined. I don’t think I’ve been to this one before.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, "the scholars" believe in a future literal 1000 year period of peace on earth, with God's kingdom on earth.
I say that since the Ascension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost, we all have been in a figurative 1000 years of God reconciling the world unto Himself through Jesus, for all who will come and receive God's Peace, that He has made between us and Himself.
Isaiah 55:8-9

Last edited:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, "the scholars" believe in a future literal 1000 year period of peace on earth, with God's kingdom on earth.
I say that since the Acension of Jesus and the Day of Pentecost, we all have been in a figurative 1000 years of God reconciling the world unto Himself through Jesus, for who will come and receive God's Peace, that He has made between us and Himself.
Isaiah 55:8-9
The majority don’t take that verse literal.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello my name is Mi though I guess here I’m going by Skovand. I have been a Christian since I was baptized into Christ in 08. Though I begin studying the Bible in 07 with disciples in Portland.

I don’t have a specific denomination, it’s more of a specific paradigm about the Bible but doctrinally I am most closely to the Churches of Christ born out of the American restoration movement. Though within the denomination there is a wide span of biblical understanding and I fall on the progressive liberal side of Christianity. Im a evolutionary creationist which is very different from intelligent design beliefs like YEC or OEC. I understand the closed handed topics, and I don’t fully agree with them but I’m not particularly here to debate as much as discuss and enjoy time online. I will wax and wane between how active I am here since I work Monday through Friday 5am-130pm at a metal shop ( not music but actual metal manufacturing) and then from 230-830 I work as a subcontractor building and maintaining water gardens and ponds. Im working on my certifications for landscaping and pesticide management. Im big into native plants and how ecology and habitat systems play a role in developing functional and attractive residential gardens that can help combat some of the anti stewardship practices our species have developed.

I take studying the Bible very seriously. I read weekly and by read I mean studying with a purpose. I read lots of commentaries and books by scholars. Also listen to several podcasts on the subject. I am most influenced by NT Wright, Tim Mackie, Pete Enns, Francis Collins, John Walton and Richard Friedman. I also like Heiser.

Im big into horror genre as entertainment and that includes not just watching, reading and listening to it but also into documentaries on the evolution of horror, behind the scenes and the tropes used. Really enjoy horror as a social commentary.

I really enjoy hiking and foraging when I have time. I hike probably 10-20 hours a week. Though now it’s closer to 5-10 hours a week. I like lifting and biking. Live alone with my cats on a dead end street in the country of Alabama.
Welcome to the forum.

My hobby is studying both sides of the evolution/creationism debate. So you are an evolutionary creationist???? Does that mean that you believe God created everything and then put everything on auto pilot and evolution (both micro and macro) took over and God let it take its course?

If that is wrong, tell me what it means to be an evolutionary creationist. Thanks, and look forward to the discussion.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

My hobby is studying both sides of the evolution/creationism debate. So you are an evolutionary creationist???? Does that mean that you believe God created everything and then put everything on auto pilot and evolution (both micro and macro) took over and God let it take its course?

If that is wrong, tell me what it means to be an evolutionary creationist. Thanks, and look forward to the discussion.
There is not a one set view of evolutionary creationism.

for me it comes down to this. There is 0% proof that Yahweh exists. But I choose to place faith in him anyways. I believe that’s because of the workings of the Holy Spirit.

though there is no evidence for it, or against it, I can’t say what God may have supernaturally influenced either way. It’s beyond science. We have questions we have answers to and questions we don’t have answers to.

I believe that whatever jumpstarted the universe, or multiverse, was something Yahweh did. I don’t believe he guided it and if he did , there is no evidence for it. I think abiogenesis is very probable. I think abiogenesis occurred and life begin and that life was driven by many things like natural section. I don’t think Yahweh guided evolution. I think it was chance. Indint think he kept this or that ape alive, and has these apes mate and so on.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skovand,
If you can, are you knowledgeable of how many people there have been, who claimed to be the second coming of Christ? An estimation will do, if you don't know the exact number.
Ref. Luke 21:8

Last edited:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skovand,
If you can, are you knowledgeable of how many people there have been, who claimed to be the second coming of Christ? An estimation will do, if you don't know the exact number.
Ref. Luke 21:8
No one knows a exact number or even a estimate. There are at least 5 people claiming to be the messiah right now.

my point is that scholars recognize revelation as a symbolic book full of imagery. 1,000 is it taken literally by scholars in general.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one knows a exact number or even a estimate. There are at least 5 people claiming to be the messiah right now.
Out of a W/Pop. of 7.5+ billion, that's not alot.
So in reality, it's not the obvious false claimants that we have to be concerned about, but rather those who are teaching about biblical prophecy and fabricated false doctrines in the churches.

Would the following verse clearly reveal the issue:
Luke.21[8] And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for MANY shall come in my name, saying, [that] I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skovand1075

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a one set view of evolutionary creationism.

for me it comes down to this. There is 0% proof that Yahweh exists. But I choose to place faith in him anyways. I believe that’s because of the workings of the Holy Spirit.

though there is no evidence for it, or against it, I can’t say what God may have supernaturally influenced either way. It’s beyond science. We have questions we have answers to and questions we don’t have answers to.

I believe that whatever jumpstarted the universe, or multiverse, was something Yahweh did. I don’t believe he guided it and if he did , there is no evidence for it. I think abiogenesis is very probable. I think abiogenesis occurred and life begin and that life was driven by many things like natural section. I don’t think Yahweh guided evolution. I think it was chance. Indint think he kept this or that ape alive, and has these apes mate and so on.
Read Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This scripture basically says that the world and all the invisible things that God made has become clearly seen. Some if these things have only become clearly seen in our lifetime, such as:
75+ different constants in the universe and on the earth. These constants until the last couple of hundred years have been invisible. Now we know of them and can see the way that keep the earth and the universe in order. God created the constants and makes sure they are constant today as 6,000 years ago. If one of these constants gets way off, the entire universe with the earth can go away.

These constants along with the magnificent things we see from the visible creation and now with the mostly visible quantum world of molecules and DNA, we glory with God in his creation and are left without excuse to declare that God exists and is a visible creator of visible beauty and design.

We also know that dumb and blind, with no goals and no targets natural selection through mutations is not the answer to the glory and high complexity we see in our world today. Please. God uses micro evolution to provide variety to the creation, but not macro evolution.

Keep your faith, but don't be afraid to declare that God created everything and has a hand in the way the earth developed from magma to plants, animals, and human beings. The surrounding beauty and design leave us no excuse but to praise God for his loving mercy, grace, and omniscience.

I love that God is omniscience (omni science) meaning knows all science and all things associated with science.

Last edited:

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This scripture basically says that the world and all the invisible things that God made has become clearly seen. Some if these things have only become clearly seen in our lifetime, such as:
75+ different constants in the universe and on the earth. These constants until the last couple of hundred years have been invisible. Now we know of them and can see the way that keep the earth and the universe in order. God created the constants and makes sure they are constant today as 6,000 years ago. If one of these constants gets way off, the entire universe with the earth can go away.

These constants along with the magnificent things we see from the visible creation and now with the mostly visible quantum world of molecules and DNA, we glory with God in his creation and are left without excuse to declare that God exists and is a visible creator of visible beauty and design.

We also know that dumb and blind, with no goals and no targets natural selection through mutations is not the answer to the glory and high complexity we see in our world today. Please. God uses micro evolution to provide variety to the creation, but not macro evolution.

Keep your faith, but don't be afraid to declare that God created everything and has a hand in the way the earth developed from magma to plants, animals, and human beings. The surrounding beauty and design leave us no excuse but to praise God for his loving mercy, grace, and omniscience.

I love that God is omniscience (omni science) meaning knows all science and all things associated with science.
My faith is not in any danger.
My commitment to honest science and reality is also not in danger. What I stated is my opinion, and its not getting weaker.
I have faith Yahweh is real and inspired the Bible.
I am certain science can be used to accurately determine the world is several billion years old. It’s not fear, it’s commitment to honesty.