Hello! Just joined. I don’t think I’ve been to this one before.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm finding that I can't concentrate on anything for very long. I used to love to read all day but now every few pages or couple of chapters I have to get up and do something else. Also I can't seem to concentrate for long on praying. It worries me a little. Not the reading but the praying.
I had the same problem. My mind just runs.
I kinda solved my prayer problem with one of these: https://www.dollartree.com/tin-pray...KG1AVo3INhs5tqlmrtiRpZLzSFYbFlURoCftYQAvD_BwE

Sorry about the length of the link. I bought one of these at the Dollar Tree, (it would be easy to make one too.) It has a small tablet and tiny pencil in it. You just put what you want to thank and praise on some of the papers. When it is time to pray, you pull out one paper at a time, thanking God for blessings, or praying for something, and when you have completed that prayer, thank Him in Jesus name and Amen. Put that paper down,and get another one, and pray about what it says, again thank in Jesus name and Amen. I have several subjects, Family, Family Health, church, this board, etc. Each one item goes on one paper, and that way when you are done, you have covered everything, and had a better focus. Each segment does not need to be drawn out, just pray what you think at that time. My prayer time is much better now, and my mind doesn't run so much because I can see the subject and focus on it.

I sure hope this helps. God bless you.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MCT oil for that
works wonders, takes a couple months
dont od at first, just wet lips basically

how ya been btw helen? :)

Hi Mark, long time no talk …hope all things are well with you . Hope your mum is doing well too.
Hubby and I are getting older too quickly haha!
I tried taking a teaspoon of coconut oil daily for the old brain ….. but I gave up after a while, I hate the consistency LOL

Take care ….See you around …xx

BTW , What IS MTC ??

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok, so mct then :)

Have to check it out and find where to buy it ! I’m pretty ignorant .
Being on warfarin I always have to check that a thing isn’t a blood thinner or thickener.
I know warfarin isn’t good ….but I trust the new thinners even less. At least warfarin has been around for over 50 years haha!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have to check it out and find where to buy it ! I’m pretty ignorant .
Being on warfarin I always have to check that a thing isn’t a blood thinner or thickener.
I know warfarin isn’t good ….but I trust the new thinners even less. At least warfarin has been around for over 50 years haha!
i hate videos of this nature, but you might find this useful
dont think he is even trying to sell anything :)
The Oxidized Cholesterol Strategy vsl cb | Blue Heron Health News

and mct oil i get at costco fwiw
warfarin over krill oil, pls dont get me started

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well i think the argument goes that we share an ancestor, rather than actually descending from apes or whatever?
as pertains to the flesh we do all have a common ancestor , His name is Adam and eve the woman .
Course the first adam failed . THUS if we dont have the second adam , known as JESUS , WE have not GOD
and we have not that eternal life and thus we have no hope and no salvation . And this is a very painful
thing that this many path all inclusive generation is gonna find out on the day of the LORD .
cause they was too busying accepting everyones path as valid , everyones religoin as valid , for they bought the LIE .
Just a real friendly reminder to us all .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i guess he is selling a book? but you can almost surely learn how to eliminate oxidized cholesterol elsewhere i guess. Anyway, i bought the book, ill let you know :)

i listened to the stupid thing , so boring and repetitive ….I never did learn what oxidized cholesterol was ….did he sctally ever say ? He kept saying “ I’ll tell you in a minute…” sigh!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i listened to the stupid thing , so boring and repetitive ….I never did learn what oxidized cholesterol was ….did he sctally ever say ? He kept saying “ I’ll tell you in a minute…” sigh!
ya, that part was a pain, i admit. ill read the book and get back to you, but basically its the already oxidized oils that most ppl use, which i already knew that

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2.1. The Process of Oxidation
Oxidized cholesterol and oxidized fat are the enemies. In brief, these are fats that have lost so many electrons that they are no longer in their natural forms.
When iron is exposed to oxygen and water, it rusts. In chemical terms, the interaction between the iron and the oxygen and water starts a process of oxidation, wherein the oxygen and water rob the iron of electrons. The iron is being oxidized, because it is
BlueHeronHealthNews.com
!19

transferring its electrons to the oxygen and water, and the oxygen and water are being reduced, because they are accepting electrons from the iron.
The same happens when magnesium is mixed with oxygen. Magnesium is oxidized, because it transfers its electrons to the oxygen, and the oxygen is being reduced, because it is adding the magnesium's electrons to its own.
Oxidation also explains why silver tarnishes, why combustion engines put out energy, why TNT explodes, why our bodies can generate energy by burning food, and so on. In each of these processes, the substance that is being oxidized transfers electrons to a substance that is being reduced.
When food spoils, it loses some of its electrons to oxygen and other gases in the air. These gasses are oxidizing agents because they oxidize the food. The preservatives that manufacturers add to food are reducing agents, meaning that they have an over- abundance of electrons to give to the substance with which they are mixed. That is why, even if preservative-packed food loses electrons to oxygen while it ages, it does not go rancid, as the preservatives can donate electrons and thereby replace all the electrons it loses.
By now, most everyone has heard of the free radicals that age us and the antioxidants that slow this process down. The principal is exactly the same.
Oxygen molecules and other oxidizing agents (like sugar, hydroxyl radicals, and hydrogen peroxide molecules) are hungry for electrons and steal them from molecules in our healthy tissue. Scientists call these thieves reactive oxygen species (or ROS).
The molecules in our previously healthy cells now become free radicals, because they have lost electrons and want to replace them by stealing them from their neighboring molecules. When they steal electrons from their neighbors, those neighbors also become free radicals that replace their lost electrons by stealing from their neighbors. Entire cells and entire organs can be destroyed in this chain reaction.
Every molecule that is forced to transfer an electron is being oxidized. But our bodies have mechanisms to prevent some of this oxidation. They are called antioxidants.
BlueHeronHealthNews.com
!20

Antioxidants are substances that have plenty of electrons to donate. As a result, free radicals do not have to steal them from healthy tissue, as the antioxidants donate them freely. Similarly, oxidizing agents like reactive oxygen no longer steal electrons from healthy molecules, as the antioxidants can donate all the electrons they want.
It is worth noting that oxidation inside our bodies is not always bad. Our immune systems use oxidizing agents to rob viruses and bacteria of electrons until they die.
The important thing is for our bodies to maintain what scientists call a redox homeostasis, which means that the substances that are oxidized (losing electrons) and those that are reduced (gaining electrons) should balance.
If we eat too much of the substances that are oxidized and in turn oxidize others, we make it impossible for our bodies to maintain this balance.
On the other hand, if we eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables that contain natural antioxidants like vitamins C and E, we make it easier for our bodies to maintain this balance.
Fats and oils go through a similar process when they are oxidized. When they are mixed with oxidizing agents both inside and outside our bodies, they are robbed of the atoms in their fatty acid chains. This is what it means for a fat or oil to be oxidized. At first they are just slightly transformed to substances that differ in polarity and shape from the natural form in which they appear in plants and animals. Later, when enough atoms are missing, they are completely transformed.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids are the most vulnerable to oxidation

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2.2. Oxidized Cholesterol
Several studies from the last 35 years show that it is oxidized cholesterol, not normal cholesterol, which clogs our arteries and hardens them (atherosclerosis.) The most straightforward investigations were of the contents of blood vessels directly.
For example, on several occasions, Doctor Fred Kummerow and his colleagues compared the blood and blood vessels of patients undergoing bypass surgery with those of people without any arterial plaque or arterial narrowing. The question they wanted to answer was whether there was any difference in the composition of the blood of people with atherosclerosis and those without it.
They repeatedly found that those with atherosclerosis (the bypass surgery patients) had substantially more oxidized cholesterol in their blood and blood vessels than those who were atherosclerosis-free.
Unlike the studies cited in the previous chapter that found that most heart attacks occurred in people with approximately normal LDL cholesterol, this study has a better explanation for heart attacks. People who are at serious risk of heart attacks to the extent that they need bypass surgery have high oxidized LDL cholesterol, not normal LDL cholesterol.
Moreover, in 1989, scientists at the University of California in San Diego published a journal article in which they described what they found after extracting LDL cholesterol straight from the atherosclerotic lesions of both humans and rabbits. These lesions are the injuries to blood vessel walls caused by cholesterol when it forms plaques.
BlueHeronHealthNews.com
!22

When doctors need to take blood and tissue samples from your blood vessels, they normally do it during a procedure called cardiac catheterization. They insert a long, thin, flexible tube into a blood vessel in your groin or arm, from where they push it gently through to your heart. They put a small needle at the tip with which they can take tissue samples of, in this example, LDL cholesterol from atherosclerotic lesions in blood vessels.
The San Diego scientists found that the lesion LDL had the same physical and chemical properties as oxidized LDL. These properties differed substantially from those of the normal LDL in their subjects' bloodstreams.
For example, compared to normal cholesterol, the particles of oxidized cholesterol are more mobile than the fluid in which they appear. In addition, the particles of oxidized cholesterol are denser, contain more chemicals like sphingomyelin and lysophosphatidylcholine, degrade faster, stimulate much faster conversion of cholesterol to esters, and so on.
Some of the differences between normal LDL and oxidized LDL cholesterol are extraordinarily technical, but the crux of these studies is the finding that atherosclerotic plaques and lesions inside blood vessels contain oxidized LDL cholesterol, not normal LDL cholesterol.
This suggests that the plaques and lesions are caused by oxidized cholesterol, not normal cholesterol, and that we should learn to avoid and/or combat the former, not the latter.
To do this successfully, we must understand where oxidized cholesterol comes from. It originates from two sources:
1) from oxidized oils and fats in our diets and
2) from biological processes in arterial walls. These will be discussed in the next chapter

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2.2. Oxidized Cholesterol
Several studies from the last 35 years show that it is oxidized cholesterol, not normal cholesterol, which clogs our arteries and hardens them (atherosclerosis.) The most straightforward investigations were of the contents of blood vessels directly.
For example, on several occasions, Doctor Fred Kummerow and his colleagues compared the blood and blood vessels of patients undergoing bypass surgery with those of people without any arterial plaque or arterial narrowing. The question they wanted to answer was whether there was any difference in the composition of the blood of people with atherosclerosis and those without it.
They repeatedly found that those with atherosclerosis (the bypass surgery patients) had substantially more oxidized cholesterol in their blood and blood vessels than those who were atherosclerosis-free.
Unlike the studies cited in the previous chapter that found that most heart attacks occurred in people with approximately normal LDL cholesterol, this study has a better explanation for heart attacks. People who are at serious risk of heart attacks to the extent that they need bypass surgery have high oxidized LDL cholesterol, not normal LDL cholesterol.
Moreover, in 1989, scientists at the University of California in San Diego published a journal article in which they described what they found after extracting LDL cholesterol straight from the atherosclerotic lesions of both humans and rabbits. These lesions are the injuries to blood vessel walls caused by cholesterol when it forms plaques.
BlueHeronHealthNews.com
!22

When doctors need to take blood and tissue samples from your blood vessels, they normally do it during a procedure called cardiac catheterization. They insert a long, thin, flexible tube into a blood vessel in your groin or arm, from where they push it gently through to your heart. They put a small needle at the tip with which they can take tissue samples of, in this example, LDL cholesterol from atherosclerotic lesions in blood vessels.
The San Diego scientists found that the lesion LDL had the same physical and chemical properties as oxidized LDL. These properties differed substantially from those of the normal LDL in their subjects' bloodstreams.
For example, compared to normal cholesterol, the particles of oxidized cholesterol are more mobile than the fluid in which they appear. In addition, the particles of oxidized cholesterol are denser, contain more chemicals like sphingomyelin and lysophosphatidylcholine, degrade faster, stimulate much faster conversion of cholesterol to esters, and so on.
Some of the differences between normal LDL and oxidized LDL cholesterol are extraordinarily technical, but the crux of these studies is the finding that atherosclerotic plaques and lesions inside blood vessels contain oxidized LDL cholesterol, not normal LDL cholesterol.
This suggests that the plaques and lesions are caused by oxidized cholesterol, not normal cholesterol, and that we should learn to avoid and/or combat the former, not the latter.
To do this successfully, we must understand where oxidized cholesterol comes from. It originates from two sources:
1) from oxidized oils and fats in our diets and
2) from biological processes in arterial walls. These will be discussed in the next chapter

Thanks Mark , read it and will read-read it

thx for taking the time x

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita Yes; @dhh712 mentioned Romans 14; as regards moderation in things; e.g., such as with table wine, and on the other thread her occasional cigarettes, etc.

“ ALL THINGS are Lawful to me ——not all things are expedient”.....Those that are Strong in the Faith must keep an eye on their weaker brothers, not doing anything to make him Stumble.....
Having said that, we watch over the weaker brothers but we don’t let them rule the church...

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really do think it’s valuable for us to dissent your statement.

“ Why are you not most influenced by God's Word?
I just researched these men you admire and allow to influence you in interpretation of scripture.”

So Heart2Soul could you explain to me why you felt my statement “ I am most influenced by these teachers “ implied I’m not influenced by the Bible? How did you get to me talking about teachers that I admire to equalling me disregarding scripture? That’s very illogical. Seems very reactive.

You followed that up with “ I just done some
Research “ and ……. So the men I mentioned are all professors, with doctorate degrees and considered some of the top professors by other biblical scholars. They have out books, hundreds of episodes as podcasts and have been teaching for decades some of them. So out of hundreds of subjects, which ones do you think I agree with and disagree with? Do you think Wright influenced me more with his book “ surprised by hope “ or his book on the apostle Paul.

See you don’t know because you spent a few minutes researching people
You’ve never heard of and then made a dozens leaps and landed on thinking it’s best to ask a silly , immature question about how little the Bible must mean to me by completely pulling my statement out of its context.

so could you connect all those dots for me?
Sorry, N. T. Wright, is Not That wRight.
Most everyone loves the historical Jesus, but there are not that many who love the spiritual Jesus.

1Cor.2[5] That y/our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, N. T. Wright, is Not That wRight.
Most everyone loves the historical Jesus, but there are not that many who love the spiritual Jesus.

1Cor.2[5] That y/our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God.
Well NT definitely seems like a well grounded biblical scholar who loves the spirituality , and not just the technical aspects, if Jesus Christ. He seems to held in wide regard among the majority of Christians, including the scholars. It’s mostly a very specific niche of Christians who don’t like him.