Hello!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AngelFive

Nov 7, 2007
I would first like to say thank you to the creators of this forum, I appreciate you and hope to learn alot during my time here. I have always been aware of Jesus, but never really committed myself to Him until a few years ago. I lived a very self abusive life from the age 14 up til about the age of 28. Self abusive... meaning neglect of my body, emotional and verbal abuse to myself constantly and physical abuse by using artificial substances to aid in numbing past pains, allowing others to use me as a door mat and a verbal punching bag.I wasn't loving others either, we can't love others if we do not first love ourself. Every night I would pray for forgiveness but would get right back up the next day and do it all over again.About 7 years ago, I asked Christ into my heart and since that very day we have been on a healing journey together. I was baptized about 3 months ago and He was there with me just like I asked Him to be. Now when I look back at all those years I was in that very deep spiritual sleep, it makes me sad but I have hope that the Lord will restore all that was lost in His own special way.I have some issues.. not with "JESUS" and what His message of "PERFECT LOVE" is... but with some Church traditions. I truely want to work through these and trust with fellowship and with My LORD, the answers will be shown to me. I look forward to learning new things, sharing my perceptions and making some new friends here.Love,AngelFive