Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I ever tell him to cut off his private parts like Paul told the Legalists Of His Day?
Uh, because he's not making the argument that you have to keep the letter of the law?

You obviously don't know what Paul was driving at concerning the law when he said he wished they'd go the whole way and emasculate themselves.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...committed in determined unbelief.

You keep leaving that part off of the argument. Why?

Because YOU used to.....did you have a change Of heart? The whole time I have known you, you claimed the “ willful sins” Of Hebrews 10 would damn you....
NEVER tagging on “UNBELIEF”......NOW you do.....what happened ?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is changing me. It's not changing you, apparently, and it makes you point your finger at me and call me a legalist. What can I say, BB.....

You can say, “ BB, I am a Legalist , I preach “Lucky Repentance” and I understand why you Point your Finger at me.....I understand that you take no pleasure in this .....you are just trying to protect the Newbies before they get ruined by well- meaning, but poorly taught ( self taught in my case) guys like me.....”

Yes.....you “Could” say THAT..... lol.....I will not hold my breath....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean just like your motorcycle accident may have been the result of you purposely sinning everyday?

But for the Grace of God, you would have been on the back of my bike with me and both of us would have wrecked and both of us would have had our skulls busted wide- open.....we are BOTH “purposeful sinners”—— one of us realizes it and the other does not....despite what you think, you ain’t “ better” than me.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I would be a liar if I said that. You still don't know what constitutes being a legalist, lol. And I do not preach Lucky Repentance.

It seems that you and I are “ at Logger- Heads” .....I don’t care.....I am getting GREAT Teaching out there for Newbies.....you are my favorite “ Springboard!” Where would I BE if you ever “came around”..... lol....we’d have to get Butero back in here....or just by faith ...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
despite what you think, you ain’t “ better” than me.
I don't recall even knowing what you do or don't do for me to have said I'm better than you. What happened is you instantly got on the defensive when I said by God's grace I'm better than the drunk. I'm not living in drunkenness. I'm not ashamed to boast of God's grace in my life. And I'm not going to start being ashamed just because it offends you, for whatever reason it does.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, because he's not making the argument that you have to keep the letter of the law?

You obviously don't know what Paul was driving at concerning the law when he said he wished they'd go the whole way and emasculate themselves.

The issue us NOT what he was driving at....my point is that he, like Jesus was not always” sweet and lovable”

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am getting GREAT Teaching out there for Newbies.
I am aware that your message appeals to unbelievers who want their cake and eat it too. A true believer might be able to be deceived by it for a little while, but ultimately, in the end, the gates of hell can not hold the true church of God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You still don't know what constitutes being a legalist, lol.
There always seems to be confusion about who is a legalist or who is not. But the Bible clearly tells us who are legalists.

The word "legal" applies to law. That which is lawful is legal and vice versa. However in the Bible it has a specific meaning. It means those who (1) depend upon the deeds or works of the Law (the Law of Moses) to be justified or (2) those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ but insist that to be saved they must also be Torah observant. Those were the Judaizers who were addressed in the epistle to the Galatians. But the deeds of the Law cannot justify anyone. Justification is purely by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption.

Therefore by the deeds of the Law there shall no flesh be justified in
His sight: for by the Law is the knowledge of sin.
(Rom 3:20)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified. (Gal 2:16)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
No.
You obviously are unable to comprehend what I wrote.
I think I made no mistake in understanding what you were saying in your answer to the question “Would you say it is possible that God will fail to achieve that purpose for disciplining His children?”, “His children, no.
Those who leave the family, yes.
”.

Then considering your answer to my question “Those you refer to who leave the family, are they God’s children who leave the family?, which is “Not anymore.…”

Thus, you were saying that it is NOT possible that God will fail to achieve that purpose for disciplining His children. And at the same time saying that it is possible that God will fail to achieve that purpose for disciplining some of His children, those that leave the family.

That makes of a mess or confused view.

As I pointed out, it is either God is a failure or not, at some point as pertains to achieving His purpose in disciplining His children. It is either He is a good and perfectly effective Father to His children or not.

Tong
R4196