Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Christian finds a life of sin attractive....No Christian promotes it.....All Of the sins of a Christian are Under the Blood.....not only forgiven But Forgotten ( “ I will remember your sins no more”) ..... Sins are forgiven in the Eternal sense as far as Salvation, but rest assured—- Nobody “ gets away” with anything....if you are a Child Of God, God will Chastise you for your sins.....It’s obvious that all men should strive to sin less......

Having said all of that.....”Sin Prevention” is not to be the “ end-all and be-all” of Christianity......Every person that stands before Jesus will be a Sinner—- some will be redeemed because of their Faith in Jesus and others will not.....sin ain’t gonna be the deciding factor of whether you go to Heaven or Hell.....

The Hell- Bound will not be hearing, “Depart From me because You Sinned too much and therefore must go to Hell”.....We ALL have sinned too much to merit Heaven.....once again , that ain’t the issue.....The Damned souls will be hearing, “Depart From Me, I never KNEW you!”

Paul said his biggest desire was to “ KNOW Him”.....Why is that so important? If one Knows God, he will love God and pretty much everything else will take care of itself .....

In the end, Christianity is not about our pitiful Performance, it is not about “ Sin Prevention” ....at the Judgement seat, it ain’t gonna be , “ did you get an adequate handle on the sins in your life or did you not?” The BIG Question one must answer —the Question that will determine Heaven or Hell , is this—- DO YOU KNOW HIM?

Christianity ain’t religion.....in fact, it is the opposite.....it is a Relationship between you and Jesus..Abandon your Dead Works and your self - righteousness.....trying to “ make yourself worthy”...... we are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb......REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor 15:1-4....Love for God will follow....then,and ONLY THEN, will you Know Him and He Know you....
The truth is awesome.

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I am calling lifestyle sins....
1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Now if you are saying that just committing these a couple times will send you to hell...let me know. The word practice would be a life style.
These scriptures do not have any "ifs" involved with them....you do them, you are not going to heaven...
So there's Paul for you.....not the ones that you cherry picked for the BB favorite Paul mix.

As are any verses that appear to contradict OSAS......they are either taken out of context ( as these are) or they are verses not being addressed to the “Body of Christ “

I’ve been down the road
so many times with these types of verses I can’t FORCE myself to explain them again......sorry..

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find the scriptures that say unbelievers only are going to hell.

It’s by default .....if you are a Believer you “ALREAD HAVE” Eternal Life and you can NEVER come under Condemnation.....an “ Unbeliever” would get the opposite....Condemnation.....It’s common sense .....A five-year Old could figure it out.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's intent for us is, I think, that we be patient and kind towards each other. While still being honest.

Much love!

I lack patience and kindness sometimes...two of my many short- comings....I have seen NOBODY in these Forums that have had these two traits showing ALL of the time.....we are all Human and “ works in progress”......

How much “ patience and kindness” do we show to those that teach False “ Gospels?” According to Galatians 1:8 ,God Damns these types of “ Leaven Spreaders” ......sometimes it is Justified to see patience and kindness go out the window.....Jesus didn’t “Make Nice” All Of the time....we shouldn’t either.....ask Paul.....it was Leaven that destroyed most of the churches that he founded “ALL of those in Asia-Minor have deserted me” )

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fearful of reminders... that is an interesting concept...

@amigo de christo ... Your posts are overflowing with constant reminders and corrections... it's exhausting to read it over and over again... YOU never seem to rest... and I guess that is your choice... but it gets to be a bit much in my opinion... I have stated before that proper correction within the church is indeed biblical... but what goes on in these forums is often FAR FROM biblical. I know you did not address your post to me.. you actually were kind enough to exclude me... however... I felt the need to address you... because it has been bothering me for a few days now... WE ( you and I are not ok ).. .which is fine because I don't even know you... but I am not able to tolerate or accept your style... therefore I have completely shut down on you. Sadly this is what happens often in the world of Christianity... there becomes a disconnect because of one being OVERBEARING.

As for stealing joy.... It is something that miserable people seem to like to do to those who are at peace and filled with JOY...
YES it is my responsibility to hold onto my JOY and not let others affect me... but when it comes day after day... like a tsunami from a great many... it becomes rather difficult to maintain.

You and I see our roles as Christians very very differently... I have seen people standing on the street corners... shouting out their warnings about the sinners going to hell... they think they are WARNING... but what they are doing is condemning.

Too many Christians are making other people's business their business and it is WRONG in my opinion.

Anyways... this was honest.

“ honest “ and ,as always......Spot-On! There is a Reason you don’t get along with this guy....he’s a spy from “ The Narrow Way” Forum group—- The Happy Home Of Legalists everywhere .....they hate me over there....I am banned, of course and I welcome their Hatred.....it lets me know that I am in the Right Track...Check That place out sometime....Especially if you think “Lucky Repentance” is the way to Salvation....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to quote all that Paul has to say about unity? Because it is immense. The fact (based on reputable research) is that most of us (Christians) are not actively drawing nearer to Christ, and it is a matter of simple geometry that, as we draw nearer and nearer to Christ, we cannot help but to draw nearer to each other, Rick Warren notwithstanding. Many are drawn to forums like these because they have an innate desire to debate. This fact alone is bound to stir up enmity among us. :)

I wish I NEVER had to debate....My purpose for being here is to share the things that I have learned with 40 years of serious Bible Study....I have learned so much by studying on my own and by gleaning great insight from some of the greatest Bible teachers that God has gifted us with.... I go back to my own church teachings that I was spoon fed as a child and I KNOW people aren’t getting good teaching in most of their local churches....just as I wasn’t.....

I want the Unsaved man to at least know what he is Rejecting —— and it AINT a bunch of dont do this and do do that.....Christianity is so much MORE than that! It’s an actual Indwelling Of the Spirit Of the One that Spoke and “ Nothing” became “ Everything”......an Entity that's so full of Love and Mercy, it is unfathomable—— who would NOT want some of that?

I also want to take the Believer who has a head full of Religious Mush and who has NO Assurance Of Salvation In his life and help him to learn how to Rest in the Gospel Of Grace and live the type of “ Abundant Life” That He desires for all of His Children.....Debate is something that I Endure—- not something that I desire....

Reactions: BarneyFife

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Ferris Bueller

So let me sum up what i gather from what you are saying in your reply posts so far:

1. God disciplines His children.
2. God’s purpose in disciplining His children is so that we may share in His holiness.
3. That it is NOT possible that God will fail to achieve that purpose for disciplining His children.
4. That it is possible that God will fail to achieve that purpose for disciplining some of His children, those that leave the family.
5. That the children of God who leaves the family, are no longer God’s children.

That is clearly your position, based on your reply posts.

Your comments on each of the list items that you made in separate posts affirms that I got you right.

Now, item 3&4 obviously runs contradictory to each other. It’s either God is a failure or not, at some point as pertains to achieving His purpose in disciplining His children. It is either He is a good and perfectly effective Father to His children or not. At least that is how I know my God.

Just saying.

Tong
R4192

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
And John tells us how we can tell who is an unbeliever and who is not, and to not be deceived by anyone about this.

"...let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. The one who practices sin is of the devil..." 1 John 3:7-8
Let no one deceive you. Deceive is the key word there I would have to say.

With regards to your statement there, in other words, not all who profess and claims to be a Christian are true believers. Those who practice sin, John said are of the devil. That no true believer is of the devil and practices sin. They are deceivers because they profess and claim to be true believers (Christians ) yet they actually not. By practicing sin instead of righteousness, manifest them as deceivers, and so are in fact unbelievers and not believers. They were not saved from the very beginning.

Tong
R4193

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yep. Just like when you left Adam's family and are no longer a child made in his image. You are born again. You belong to a new family. So the concept of no longer being a son is not an impossibility. That very thing has already happened for every born again person. You have been born into a new family and no longer belong to the family you came from.
I never left Adam’s family. Did you?

What happened is, I was created anew by God, by His grace, to be a new creature, no longer in Adam, but in Christ Jesus. It is God’s doing that those God created in Christ Jesus, are now His children. Them He disciplines when they err and sin, so that they may be partakers of His holiness.

If one thinks that he is being disciplined by God and yet are not brought to repentance, they are manifested to be illegitimate and not sons.

Tong
R4194

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note the word 'probably' in my post. He probably was not saved during that time. Whether he really was or not is known by God. But I say he probably was not because of this...

"6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:6-10

What on EARTH is wrong with you guys? You guys just can’t “ Believe” that a person that puts his complete hope and faith in the Grace Of God is not automatically a Scum Of The Earth That just Thrives on Sin and Sin some more!

You just don’t get it. I actually BELIEVE that Jesus died for my sins...BELIEVING” * THAT * is the Impetus for Right Living.... When it HITS HOME what Jesus did for you when He did not have to do it and you sure as hell did not DESERVE it, that spurs the Love and Gratitude That is the Foundation for everything else that is Pleasing to God —- the main thing being a growing disdain and Hatred for all things sinful.....

How come you guys don’t know this? What is missing in your lives? Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit “ draw” him.....the Spirit “ draws” men by the Conviction Of Sin.....have you never seen .....REALLY SEEN ..... your Wretchedness before a Holy God? Perhaps you have never had your night of “ Fear and Trembling” where you actually REALIZED that you were Rotten to the Core and headed for a Sinner’s Hell That was more than we’ll- deserved....

In a Sane man, that will prompt a TRUE Repentance, a TRUE “ Turning to God” and that man’s Gratitude for what God did FOR him when he did not deserve it, prompting a Love for God that is the foundation for the Obedience you guys are so ate-up with....God wants Obedience- TRUE Obedience ....the kind that stems from Love not out of fear or trying to keep up some type Of Performance....

So what is missing ? Perhaps the thing that is missing is the thing at the “ Starting Gate” Of Christianity.....the Conviction Of Sin ......”You can’t get ‘ em Saved until you get them Lost” is what many preachers believe .....do you guys out there know how TOTALLY LOST you are without the Grace Of God? Some of you guys don’t have the Self- Insight to really know yourselves as God does.....maybe that is the problem....somewhere deep down you mistakenly think that you have something to offer God , other than your pure Wretchedness before a Holy God....we could call it pride....that was Satan’s problem too.....

Reactions: Psalm51

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what Jesus from the Bible was Teaching when He said that if you Believed in Him you ALREADY HAD Eternal Life and could NEVER come under Condemnation.....that sounds like Eternal Security to me...I just don’t see how anybody can make a sane case against it in light of what Jesus said.... guess what? They can’t.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney I tell you what...
I am truly multi-denominational...and truly tolerant of differing beliefs.
I was raised Catholic and Southern Baptist....WOW...mom Catholic...dad Southern Baptist. I will admit a special connection to the Holy Ghost churches, but I spend time in non-denominational churches and little Bethel Churches. Bottom line I like churches.

I also agree with you that people have the right to believe in eternal security....I take exception to the promulgation of beliefs that can ruin lives and lead people to hell. And I have no fantasy about changing their mind. I writing and opposing them to save others.

Wow ! One parent a Catholic , the other a Southern Baptist.....I bet your household was a REAL interesting one.....lol.....they oughta make movies out of material this rich....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree that Hebrews 10:26 is talking about an unsaved person. Where we differ is you say they were never saved and that this is a person who is hearing the gospel and rejecting it willingly. I say it can be that person, too, of course. But since the writer refers to this person, specifically, as being sanctified by the blood he is talking about someone who has accepted the gospel but who then willingly rejects it and goes back to his life of willful, unrepentant sin. For your edification, since 'sanctified' has many meanings, 'sanctified' in the context the author is using it has been defined for us a few verses before vs. 26 in vs. 10 & 14. It means a saved person.

“ Text Without Context is Error”......

There are NINE chapters in Hebrews before one gets to Chapter 10 .....The ONLY topic being discussed is UNBELIEF.....these Jews had a chance to put their Faith in the Blood Of Jesus or go back to Temple Worship and put their Faith in the Blood Of animals ......rejecting the Sacrifice Of Jesus and relying and returning animal sacrifices was the “Willful Sin” being committed......Jesus was the Once And Only acceptable Sacrifice to God after the Cross .......Reject Him and there is no other ( no more) sacrifice for sin......what was once “ acceptable” has become blasphemous.......the Blood Of sheep and goats could NEVER take away sins....only the blood of Jesus could .....Th Jews Rejected the Blood Of Jesus....that is “Willful Sinning” That will take Anybody to Hell.....

Nobody was talking about the “ willful sins” that you are obsessed with....everyday sins that we ALL do on purpose and try to rationalize it by saying they were “ accidental”.....The sights were being set on much weightier things when Hebrews 10 was being written......have the insight and the guts to admit that you sometimes sin on purpose and thank God for His Grace....Do the same thing with ALL of your sins that God does—— PUT THEM ON THE CROSS ......and LEAVE them there.....God may choose to Chastise you quite severely for those sins done on purpose...Just as you would do YOUR Children,....He ain’t gonna Damn you for them ! Try to Believe the first half of the Gospel.....Jesus actually DID “die for your sins”......Internalizing that Truth will actually cause you to sin LESS instead of MORE! Christianity is crazy that way.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal security is for real. It just doesn't mean what OSAS says it means. Everyone who is in Christ, and stays in Christ is in fact eternally secure. That's why we are told to hold firmly to the gospel and stay in the Son and the Father. That's the place that is eternally secure.

For sure, we must “ persevere” ......according to the Bible, who is it that “DOES” this Persevering ? “ It is He that Believes that Jesus is the Son Of God “

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are the bad guy because you were very abusive to him.

Jesus sure beats me when it comes to the “ Abusive” department.....did I ever call him a snake....a viper....a member of a brood of vipers? Did I ever call him a Pig or a Dog? A Fool? Did I ever tell him to cut off his private parts like Paul told the Legalists Of His Day? Paul also called some “ Perverts”:
The “ sweet and lovable “ Jesus you were taught about in Church was and is a Myth....He even called Peter, “ Satan! “ . You think that did not Sting like Hell !

The Truth is God HATES Leaven and False , Perverted Gospels ......I hate them too....Paul would have “ Cast out” a Gospel,Perverter like “just by faith” ( that name—- what a joke! ) ...We lack the power To eject gospel Perverters in here like Paul would....the next best thing is to shine light on these types of False Teachers and if it hurts them just a little bit , that can be a good thing.....” If you can’t stand the Heat, stay out of the Kitchen.....” keep False Teachers in the Kitchen If you like.....give them a “ pity party” .....I’d rather see them leave.....I sincerely felt sorry for the guy and prayed for him often....But we STILL must do what Paul said to do with these types ( Paul never even said to PRAY for them) .....He said to “ Cast Out the Bondwoman and her Son”—- your “ compassion” for the guy only encouraged him and gave him the opportunity to spew his Legalism on Newbies that don’t know any better.....the less exposure newbies get to these modern- Day Judaizers the better off they are...I did the right thing by getting him out of here.....”a little Leaven leavens the whole Batch....” does that mean NOTHING to you guys.....His “ Condition ” May have been a curse for preaching a False Gospel and God said to let them be “ Accursed” ......Maybe your argument is with God and not me.....