Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Well, I take it differently. I take it as God’s work in the person that He saves. The person’s believing, trusting in God, manifest the work of God in him.
Yes. He gives each a measure of trust. Does He expect a return? Why does He give to the man and then call him a worthless servant for not investing what He gave him and returning to Him more? And what is it that God actually gives to each of those men?
I believe that God had some purpose in all that He does.

<<<Does He expect a return?>>>

A return? What do you mean?

Also, pardon me, but I do not seem to fully get the rest of your questions.

Tong
R4214

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes. He gives each a measure of trust. Does He expect a return? Why does He give to the man and then call him a worthless servant for not investing what He gave him and returning to Him more? And what is it that God actually gives to each of those men?
contemplate that passage with satan in there instead of Yah, perhaps

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
contemplate that passage with satan in there instead of Yah, perhaps

hmm…okay…
Satan gives each man a measure of trust. Does satan expect a return? Why does satan give to the man and then call him a worthless servant. And what is it that satan actually gives to that man?

And um…now what…?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure isn’t. However, that does not mean that that is what gets them to be saved or remain saved, as some here makes of it.

So…it isn’t wise to tell people to not keep trusting God. But it is wise to tell them it’s not through their remaining in trust that they are saved…?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that God had some purpose in all that He does.

<<<Does He expect a return?>>>

A return? What do you mean?

Also, pardon me, but I do not seem to fully get the rest of your questions.

Tong
R4214

In the parable of the servants, what is that “talent” that is given to each man that the master expects the man to grow and return to him increased? In your opinion, I mean.

The man said, master, here is what you gave me, I now return it to you. Why was the master angry? He got back what he gave the man…

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you are minding me that this is a study that i never finished, got interrupted, but was just starting to make some sense; kind of along the lines of how iron sharpens iron changes, if you are fam with that? So, ill spend the next couple days with this, and my replies might change then, but, shooting from the hip,
Does satan expect a return?
notice how the return is characterized as “interest” there?

Why does satan give to the man and then call him a worthless servant
bc he returned no interest for the rent-seeker?

And what is it that satan actually gives to that man?
ostensibly money, right? “Talent” used to mean money, and was only changed to what we now define it as? So i dunno, but what first comes to mind is the (imo contrasting) “30, 60, 100” passages in Matt and Mark (i think it is), and ill get back to you soon for anything else

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
noticing right away that the parable of the talents has no witness, in Matt only, unlike 30, 60, 100 et al…unfort i am way up in a crack in the mountains, and will have to pursue this at work, bc internet

so, i work @ 4 pm MT today, be here by about 5 prolly

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<WHO did God later become displeased with? Wasn’t it those He had saved?>>>

Saved from what? Was that salvation unto eternal life?

1And so, dear brothers and sisters who belong to God anda are partners with those called to heaven, think carefully about this Jesus whom we declare to be God’s messengerb and High Priest. 2For he was faithful to God, who appointed him, just as Moses served faithfully when he was entrusted with God’s entirec house.

3But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a house deserves more praise than the house itself. 4For every house has a builder, but the one who built everything is God.

5Moses was certainly faithful in God’s house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths God would reveal later. 6But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God’s entire house. And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.d

7That is why the Holy Spirit says,

“Today when you hear his voice,

8don’t harden your hearts

as Israel did when they rebelled,

when they tested me in the wilderness.

9There your ancestors tested and tried my patience,

even though they saw my miracles for forty years.

10So I was angry with them, and I said,

‘Their hearts always turn away from me.

They refuse to do what I tell them.’

11So in my anger I took an oath:

‘They will never enter my place of rest.’”e

12Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters.f Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. 13You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. 14For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ. 15Remember what it says:

“Today when you hear his voice,

don’t harden your hearts

as Israel did when they rebelled.”g

16And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn’t it the people Moses led out of Egypt? 17And who made God angry for forty years? Wasn’t it the people who sinned, whose corpses lay in the wilderness? 18And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter his rest? Wasn’t it the people who disobeyed him? 19So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest.

so, it says Mosesworks were an illustration of what God would later reveal. So…no, not eternal life, but an illustration of it. So they didn’t continue in trust, and the apostle says to take care that his listeners hearts do not become evil and untrusting as their hearts did.

Reactions: bbyrd009

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.d

And what if we don’t keep our trust? Why does the apostle say “if”? And if we look at the work of Moses as an illustration of Jesus and us, is it wise to say our trust saves us but it is not necessary to continue in that trust?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And what if we don’t keep our trust? Why does the apostle say “if”? And if we look at the work of Moses as an illustration of Jesus and us, is it wise to say our trust saves us but it is not necessary to continue in that trust?
why did Jacob wrestle with Yah?
is what comes to mind there

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It sure isn’t. However, that does not mean that that is what gets them to be saved or remain saved, as some here makes of it.
So…it isn’t wise to tell people to not keep trusting God. But it is wise to tell them it’s not through their remaining in trust that they are saved…?

<<<But it is wise to tell them it’s not through their remaining in trust that they are saved…?>>>

It would not only be that it is wise to tell them, but that we should tell, if not remind, them if or when they are of the thinking and belief that such is what gets them to be saved or remain saved. For it is God who saved them and is also the one who keeps them and sustains them.

Tong
R4215

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<But it is wise to tell them it’s not through their remaining in trust that they are saved…?>>>

It would not only be that it is wise to tell them, but that we should tell, if not remind, them if or when they are of the thinking and belief that such is what gets them to be saved or remain saved. For it is God who saved them and is also the one who keeps them and sustains them.

Tong
R4215

You will work it through with Gods help. You keep saying belief, which is trust. So to my mind, you are saying, it is necessary to trust God but it is not necessary to continue in that trust. But I don’t think you really believe or even do that.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
In the parable of the servants, what is that “talent” that is given to each man that the master expects the man to grow and return to him increased? In your opinion, I mean.

The man said, master, here is what you gave me, I now return it to you. Why was the master angry? He got back what he gave the man…
The parables are about the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. As such, I don’t know how I could relate that to the subject of our discussion here.

Tong
R4216

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tong I have really enjoyed speaking with you this morning. It’s very nice to have a pleasant conversation rather than shrieking. I’ll be back later.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it eventually leads to acceptance of what you are and what everyone else is and makes you realize God will have to do something or you will always stay that way, along with everyone else. And that’s a good place to be, even though waiting is odious to us.
Isn't it just!!! Odious is the word!

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So maybe just meet them where they are.
There is no meeting them where they are. All you can do is tolerate them. And believe me, I've tolerated a lot of them, lol. Their goal, it seems, is to harass you until you admit you are self righteous and a legalist and are really just like them.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no meeting them where they are. All you can do is tolerate them. And believe me, I've tolerated a lot of them, lol. Their goal, it seems, is to harass you until you admit you are self righteous and legalist and are really just like them.

Define “them.” Are they the people you say you have screamed from the mountaintops to that you are no longer “like that” ?