Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Paul went to Jews also, even so,

Galatians 2:7-9 KJV
7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8) (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Romans 11:12-15 KJV
12) Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
15) For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Peter and the other Apostles saw this.

Pual called himself the apostle of the gentiles, but never lost his heart to see Jews saved.

Much love!
I agree. :)

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seldom fault a theology for what it stresses--but rather what it neglects. :)

The uplifting of a man (other than the man Jesus Christ), however, I feel is dangerous.

If all Scripture is authored by the Holy Spirit, why extol or focus on one of its penmen?

Reactions: marks

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is saying that being good or doing good gets us saved or saves us. You keep saying this silly stuff over and over again...hence the list to keep you honest. But I have shown to you that Christ said that not doing good for others can send you to hell.

You say that “ being good” does not save us but you say that if we are NOT good , Christ will send us to Hell.....do you not see the contradiction there?

Not at all...That is theme of the New Testament. If you do not obey Christ, He can judge you to hell. It might be shocking, but He has that authority.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like you are suggesting that the two commandments limits our obligation to obey, that it limits our obligation to do good.
What it actually does is expand our obligations to limitless boundaries.

Quite to the contrary.....these two commandments encompass EVERYTHING in our Walk with Jesus....there are NO limitations inferred by them...[/QUOTE]
You might redo this post WOW

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely Unbiblical .....I don’t even know where to start....

“As long as the Holy Spirit is in us ....” As if the Spirit comes and goes a dozen times a day....
My Bible says “I will NEVER leave you or forsake you” ....You get the Holy Spirit the very second that you Believe [IN YOUR HEARTS THOUGHTS]....You make the Holy Spirit sound like some kind of Spiritual Stomach That must constantly be emptied and then refilled....Pure unbiblical silliness....with all due respect,Ferris.....when’s the last time you took a nice relaxing vacation? Away from “CrazyTown” .....you’ve been living there the last few weeks.....

BB - Ferris Bueller -
The Offering of Salvation IS GIVEN "WHEN a person HEARTFULLY Confesses BELIEF, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit FOLLOWS thereafter, AS a part of a mans Conversion...

It is the MIND that a man IS to RENEW DAILY.
The Lord does not "give us a new Mind"...
The Lord gives us a new Heart, a new SEED, (His SEED) which births us a NEW spirit, and the Lords Spirit then dwells IN our NEW HEART, with our new spirit....FEEDING US HIS TRUTH.
IT is up to US, to MAKE the thoughts of our MINDS, YEILD to the thoughts of our new spirit.

DAILY, results in "practice", a "habit", a new "nature"....with the goal to accomplish having a "MIND" like Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite to the contrary.....these two commandments encompass EVERYTHING in our Walk with Jesus....there are NO limitations inferred by them...
You might redo this post WOW[/QUOTE]

The TWO Commands....are Differnt from ALL the Laws and Commands ever given in Scripture....

Reviewing History....MAN "restrained" to not violate a Law, BY his own will-POWER.... FAILS.

Man with the POWER OF GODS SPIRIT "IN" the man....CAN NOT FAIL!

We do NOT KEEP the TWO Commandments BY OUR "power"...!! We Keep the TWO Commandments, BECAUSE of GODS POWER IN US.

It is NOT to "OUR" credit, as if we are sooo perfect....It is ALL to Gods Credit, that He perfect-ED US, "IN" Him.
Our body shall not BE "perfect", until it is RAISED (uncorrupted)....
We are "using" the Lords Risen Perfect Glorified Body....
Thus .... We are "IN" Christ.

Glory to God,
Taken

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The TWO Commands....are Differnt from ALL the Laws and Commands ever given in Scripture....

Look in your study Bible.
Deuteronomy 6.5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD..... and these two commandments sum up the mosaic law that is why it ends with....on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

These are part of the Mosaic Law, Christ used them to sum up the Mosaic Law...He is talking to Jews about Judaism. Not that they do not pertain to Christians....but as obedience to Christ....not the Mosaic Law.

It is NOT to "OUR" credit, as if we are sooo perfect..

Unless you want me to give you the list....repeat after me....There is no one here that is saying that we can be perfect. But that does not mean you cannot try. As in the movie the Patriot....Aim small, miss small.

And Christ does not make us perfect....LOL....look around you man, do you see any perfect people. He makes us perfect before God the Father, by His Grace.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get this clear, this is not about you. I do not know what you do or don't do. Not my business. I do not care what you believe. It is not about if I like you or not. It is all about a perverse theology. My concerns are for those that you can ruin their lives and lead them to hell.

I could have written the same thing....I almost did! Thanks for letting me save valuable computer ink......so hard to get in this Age Of Covid and all.....I’m down to half a barrel....

Reactions: Grailhunter

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10)

I and my Father are one. (John 10:30)

Strive (75. agónizomai) to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. (Luke 13:24)

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out (2716. katergazomai) your own salvation with fear (5401. φόβος phobos) and trembling (5156. τρόμος tromos). (Philippians 2:12)

How can we be sure they are gifted and are teaching the truth? :)

Pray about it..... be a Berean.....does what they say line up with Scripture.... Plus.....”His sheep know His voice”

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know exactly what you're talking about. What Christ has done for the entire universe at Calvary--people generally have no idea, and it would offend them if you told them. Even things that certain teachers have showed me--I have studied further and thought, "Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this all along!!!" Of course, I know God is revealing these and other things to other people as well. :)

I understand what you are saying ....you are describing good stuff.....it's not what I am referring to though......I can’t really elaborate much on what I am really referring to....I’ve said enough....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even to the point that some consider it anti-faith to even try to be good.

“ Trying to be good is a great thing....I’ve said it many times.....a BIG problem arises if a person “ tries to be good” in order to MERIT Salvation or if the try to be good to KEEP their Salvation....God won’t have it.....these two mind- frames change Good Works into “ Filthy Rags ” and “ Dead Works”.....

God is not looking for “ Good Neighbor Sams” .....God is looking for men “ Dead in trespasses and Sin” who know it, admit it and attempt to make the right move to alleviate the Problem that will Damn them if they do not do things God’s Way.....”God's Way is to turn to Him as a Lost Sinner and then put your TOTAL TRUST in Jesus to Save you.....Simply Believe Paul’s Gospel ( Given to Him by Jesus) Of 1Cor 15:1-4 and you are “ good to go”....( Don't add to it.....with ANYTHiNG ! —- it will make you “ Fall From Grace” ) ....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Trying to be good is a great thing....I’ve said it many times.....a BIG problem arises if a person “ tries to be good” in order to MERIT Salvation or if the try to be good to KEEP their Salvation....God won’t have it.....these two mind- frames change Good Works into “ Filthy Rags ” and “ Dead Works”.....

If you find something in the scriptures that says specifically you can lose your salvation....you be sure to tell me.
I am going to vote on the side that you cannot lose your salvation. On the other hand you can be a Christian and Christ can judge you to hell. It is not a matter of losing your salvation. The scriptures have been around for quite a while, if they would have found a scripture that said that Christians cannot go to hell....or....there would be no Christians in hell....it would have dramatically changed the character of Christianity. Human nature LOL

Try to be good to keep their salvation? LOL Is there a meter or gauge for this...can you tell? LOL. You are a saved Christian and you do good for others....intent....LOL....intent? So what is the intent of not doing good for others....and what is the punishment for not doing good for others....do we want to go over the ending of the Parable of Sheep and Goats? Intent....means a lot to me....what is your intent when you say you repent, but have no intentions of stop doing the sins you did in the past. What is your intent when you go on sinning thinking you are guaranteed heaven....no need to be good. Calling it trust....calling it rest....auto pilot?
Trusting that Christ will reward evil. Believing that heaven will be filled with all manner of poor characters and evildoers. Sounds more like you trying to play Christ for a fool....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying ....you are describing good stuff.....it's not what I am referring to though......I can’t really elaborate much on what I am really referring to....I’ve said enough....
I get it. You'd have to kill me if you told me. lol, Serious top-secret stuff.:)

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Truly great stuff!

Although:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. (Revelation 19:13)

:)
I am not with the thinking that because the Bible or the scriptures is the word of God and Jesus is called or is declared as the word of God, that Jesus is the Bible or the scriptures.

I take them to have different senses. The basic would be that Jesus Christ is a person, and the scriptures or bible is not.

Just saying.

Tong

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
How can we be sure they are gifted and are teaching the truth?
Generally, and not to refer to any particular person, I’d say that we can be sure they are gifted and are teaching the truth if what they teach is in keeping with the gospel that the apostles taught and preached. And another basic one is, after testing the spirit, that what they teach glorifies God and not somebody else and not somebody else in addition to God.

Tong
R4239

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Grailhunter said:
by "my Gospel" he maybe referring to the fact that his was the most correct. Very brilliant person.
He was taught by Jesus, and was preaching the Gospel that was taught to him by Jesus, is how I understand it.

Much love!
Gospel means good news. Paul had good news concerning Jesus Christ which he received not from man but from Jesus Christ Himself. There had been certain other men who preach some news which is a perverted version of what Paul had preached about. By saying “my gospel” distinguishes what He preached from the perverted ones. It is a mistake to take that if the gospel that Paul preached is something that he made up or received from some other men from whom he heard of the news.

Tong
R4240

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
BarnyFife said:
It is a mistake to attribute the words of an apostle or a prophet to the Lord Jesus Christ. The words of Christ are clearly delineated in most Bibles.
For myself, I like to recognize that though Paul penned the words, Jesus is the Author. He wrote His Book so we could know Him, so I could know Him, knowing exactly how I would understand it when I read it.

Much love!
For me, I go with the mind that not all the words from Paul as recorded in scriptures are the words of Jesus, technically speaking. But definitely, what Paul wrote were written under Divine inspiration, as all scriptures is given by inspiration of God, profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Tong
R4241

Reactions: BloodBought 1953