Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the New Covenant this is... meaningless concerning our salvation.
Well, it is certainly not meaningless.

If you say "meaningless" you actually subvert the Word of Truth.

However, if you were to say that MESSIAH fulfilled ALL the Law and the Prophets, therefore i find my Eternal RESTING Place in CHRIST = 7 Days a Week, then you would be VALID and have MEANING.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in the New Covenant this is... meaningless concerning our salvation.

Is murder, larceny, idolatry, adultery, coveting, lying, dishonoring parents, worshipping other Gods, or taking the LORD's name in vain meaningless concerning salvation in the New Covenant?

Reactions: David in NJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

However, if you were to say that MESSIAH fulfilled ALL the Law and the Prophets, therefore i find my Eternal RESTING Place in CHRIST = 7 Days a Week, then you would be VALID and have MEANING.

Where do you find your WEEKLY resting place, Dave?

Without the Sabbath, there is no week which has 7 days which is why, in Acts 20:7, the Greek word "Sabbaton" is rendered "week" in the term "the first day of the week."

So, without the Sabbath the expressions "7 days a week" or "24/7" would have no meaning at all.

:hearteyes:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OK, so your claim is that those who do not observe Saturday sabbath...
Are living in sin and are no longer in right standing with the Lord... clueless-scratching.gif

And you still cannot show where observing Saturday sabbath is commanded or required in the New Covenant... which is of course why your argument is false and you are just spinning your wheels. laughing.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you find your WEEKLY resting place, Dave?

Without the Sabbath, there is no week which has 7 days which is why, in Acts 20:7, the Greek word "Sabbaton" is rendered "week" in the term "the first day of the week."

So, without the Sabbath the expressions "7 days a week" or "24/7" would have no meaning at all.

As i stated in LARGE PRINT in Post 338 there is a earthbound day that the scripture identifies for us a the Official 'sabbath' = Genesis

However, this Official 'sabbath' can never provide Eternal Rest just as the Official Law could never provide Eternal Rest.

Therefore God, KNOWING ALL things, and pre-determining that man needed a Savior, established a earthbound day of the week that
DIRECTS us to the ETERNAL REST = which is CHRIST.

That you @BarneyFife and my friend @Brakelite may KNOW this to be TRUE and HOLY and PEACE, i direct you 'Back to the Future' via Genesis chapter chapter 5.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so your claim is that those who do not observe Saturday sabbath...
Are living in sin and are no longer in right standing with the Lord... View attachment 40979

And you still cannot show where observing Saturday sabbath is commanded or required in the New Covenant... which is of course why your argument is false and you are just spinning your wheels. View attachment 40980
i said neither of which you posted here

SEE Post #347

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i find my Eternal RESTING Place in CHRIST = 7 Days a Week, then you would be VALID and have MEANING.

I've said that numerous times... and the SDA peoples said the SDA home office does not accept this and ... only ONE day a week is holy unto the Lord which is Saturday

Abiding IN Christ, resting in faith ALL days of the week... is the sabbath upgrade found in the New Testament.

As such, this Saturday only business is obsolete, debunked, and defunct. thumbsup2.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh man, the SDA home office is going to send operatives out to "correct" you for saying this. View attachment 40982
Like the jws who came to my door last week.

We had a GREAT conversation until i showed them Phillipians 2:5-11

5Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7but [made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said that numerous times... and the SDA peoples said the SDA home office does not accept this and ... only ONE day a week is holy unto the Lord which is Saturday

Abiding IN Christ, resting in faith ALL days of the week... is the sabbath upgrade found in the New Testament.

As such, this Saturday only business is obsolete, debunked, and defunct. View attachment 40981
i would not say that Saturday is 'obsolete' since we can still gather together for fellowship on that day.

Just what i posted in #347

furthermore

OBSEREVE: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As i stated in LARGE PRINT in Post 338 there is a earthbound day that the scripture identifies for us a the Official 'sabbath' = Genesis

However, this Official 'sabbath' can never provide Eternal Rest just as the Official Law could never provide Eternal Rest.

Therefore God, KNOWING ALL things, and pre-determining that man needed a Savior, established a earthbound day of the week that
DIRECTS us to the ETERNAL REST = which is CHRIST.

That you @BarneyFife and my friend @Brakelite may KNOW this to be TRUE and HOLY and PEACE, i direct you 'Back to the Future' via Genesis chapter chapter 5.

No one's denying the need for daily and eternal rest in Christ.

Science shows that people need weekly rest, even if they're not religious.

And Christians need regular time to concentrate on their relationships with God and fellow believers.

Just a few decades ago no one tried to dance around this subject, Dave—literally no one.

What some NKOTB are trying to sell as an "upgrade" is not even as slick as the old "bait-and-switch." I'm definitely not interested in paying full price for 90% benefits.

Have you read Psalm 119 lately?

And I'm reading Genesis chapter chapter (don't you hate when that happens?) 5 and getting mostly geneologies—nothing about Marty McFly.

?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one's denying the need for daily and eternal rest in Christ.

Science shows that people need weekly rest, even if they're not religious.

And Christians need regular time to concentrate on their relationships with God and fellow believers.

Just a few decades ago no one tried to dance around this subject, Dave—literally no one.

What some NKOTB are trying to sell as an "upgrade" is not even as slick as the old "bait-and-switch." I'm definitely not interested in paying full price for 90% benefits.

Have you read Psalm 119 lately?

And I'm reading Genesis chapter chapter (don't you hate when that happens?) 5 and getting mostly geneologies—nothing about Marty McFly.

?

Genesis chapter 5 absolutely includes 'Marty McFly' - just under a different name.

In FACT, the individual mentioned in Genesis ch5 does indeed 'FLY'

With these clues
you will not snooze
for they reveal a truth
that will come to roost
upon Him who Knows
the Spirit that Flows

Now back to the Future
as you turn the pages
look for God's holy sages
They will show you
what you need to Know
why Marty McFly
is really another guy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis chapter 5 absolutely includes 'Marty McFly' - just under a different name.

In FACT, the individual mentioned in Genesis ch5 does indeed 'FLY'

With these clues
you will not snooze
for they reveal a truth
that will come to roost
upon Him who Knows
the Spirit that Flows

Now back to the Future
as you turn the pages
look for God's holy sages
They will show you
what you need to Know
why Marty McFly
is really another guy

You know, it just dawned on me:

Recreational marijuana use is legal in New Jersey now, isn't it?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning, as the chapters unfold, A lineage of names, stories untold, From Adam to Noah, their lives we behold, In Genesis 5, a lineage bold.

Through ages past, these names engraved, Generations of faith, by the Almighty saved, Each bearing a torch, through time they braved, A covenant with God, forever craved.

In their footsteps, a path to discern, Lessons of life, for us to learn, From every name, a call to return, To the Creator, for whom we yearn.

As we trace their journey, through time we weave, A tapestry of faith, we come to believe, In the promise of God, we adamantly cleave, The spirit of Genesis, in our hearts we receive.

Through this ancient lineage, a truth we find, A reminder of our purpose, intertwined, In the grand design, by the Divine outlined, A call to follow, with soul and mind.
(ChatGPT wrote this)