Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning, as the chapters unfold, A lineage of names, stories untold, From Adam to Noah, their lives we behold, In Genesis 5, a lineage bold.

Through ages past, these names engraved, Generations of faith, by the Almighty saved, Each bearing a torch, through time they braved, A covenant with God, forever craved.

In their footsteps, a path to discern, Lessons of life, for us to learn, From every name, a call to return, To the Creator, for whom we yearn.

As we trace their journey, through time we weave, A tapestry of faith, we come to believe, In the promise of God, we adamantly cleave, The spirit of Genesis, in our hearts we receive.

Through this ancient lineage, a truth we find, A reminder of our purpose, intertwined, In the grand design, by the Divine outlined, A call to follow, with soul and mind.
(ChatGPT wrote this)
Wow!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, it just dawned on me:

Recreational marijuana use is legal in New Jersey now, isn't it?

:hearteyes:
That you @BarneyFife and my friend @Brakelite may KNOW this to be TRUE and HOLY and PEACE, i direct you 'Back to the Future' via Genesis chapter chapter 5.

Genesis ch5
Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. 22After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. 23So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years.
24And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is but one instance in scripture of Paul speaking to anyone on the first day of the week.

Tyher amount shown in scripture of Sunday teaching is unimportant. It is important that it is a valid thing, done long before the RCC even existed.
That time you mentioned where the first day of the week was mentioned, was in fact Saturday night. It says Paul preached until midnight, on the first day. That cannot be Sunday night, the Jews didn't count their days midnight to midnight, but from sunset to sunset.

You are merely denying what scripture says to re-write it. Paul preached on a Sunday:

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It does not matter WHICH day a believer on Jesus Christ uses to worship on. We are to be in Christ everyday now, not just on a Jewish sabbath day.
First, it's not a Jewish Sabbath. What do the scriptures say as to whose Sabbath it is?
Second, no-one is suggesting, nor has anyone done so in the past, that we are only to be in Christ one day a week. Where do you get these ideas from?
Strangers had no access to these Sunday preachings so they had to contact Paul in public
"These Sunday preachings"? Paul only preached to Christians? Yet known as the Apostle to the Gentiles? And pray tell us , how did Gentiles gain access to the synagogues but not to the Christian home churches? What do you think Paul was doing on the other days of the week? And you didn't answer the question. Why did the gentiles not ask to meet with Paul on Sunday? Because Paul told them they weren't allowed to? They weren't welcome? They hadn't gone through the initiation ceremonies?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"These Sunday preachings"? Paul only preached to Christians? Yet known as the Apostle to the Gentiles? And pray tell us , how did Gentiles gain access to the synagogues but not to the Christian home churches? What do you think Paul was doing on the other days of the week? And you didn't answer the question. Why did the gentiles not ask to meet with Paul on Sunday? Because Paul told them they weren't allowed to? They weren't welcome? They hadn't gone through the initiation ceremonies?

No room and he only spent private time at night with friends and other Apostles etc. Others needed to meet with Paul in more public settings.

Let's get back to the fact that an Apostle taught other Apostles on a Sunday. This is why Christians meet on Sundays, knowing the Saturday Sabbath was fulfilled and they could meet on another day and Sunday was also when Christ rose, another Divine thing to honor by fellowshipping and learning on a Sunday.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would not say that Saturday is 'obsolete' since we can still gather together for fellowship on that day.

And we can gather together on any day of the week as well seeing the New Covenant does not instruct believers on what day to gather.

OBSEREVE: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

You failed to mention Jesus KEPT the entire law as to go to the Cross as having perfectly kept the aw... which is the fulfillment. It is finished (John 19:30)

Then He took the law and the entire old covenant away to establish a New Covenant which is...

Hebrews 3:5,6
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a Son over His own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now, there is a new house, the Body of Jesus Christ! Under the New Covenant that the Lord said would come forth, we see Jesus Christ as the High Priest. The old covenant with it’s laws and regulations have been taken away because thru Jesus Christ a new and better covenant has come in to place.

Hebrews 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(God said He would make a New Covenant - see Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 4:8-11
For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The rest New Testament believers are called to is... to abide IN Christ, living by faith and faith is action!

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hilarious... the mark of the beast is something literally placed on the forehead or right hand... it's not a day of the week.
What's ridiculous is denying it has to do with God's Law and claiming it's a "chip" or "tattoo" or the like.

What person would not take even a rusty knife, if necessary, and dig out or scrape off such a "mark" standing in their way of heaven --- because tetanus is better than hellfire, right?
The devil is just toying with you SDA peoples getting you come out with this nonsense.
The devil is blinding you to what the entire Protestant world without exception proved from the Bible for over 300 years - that the papacy is the Beast of Revelation 13. All you need to do is ask them what their Mark is.
He does desire to listen to false doctrine so why should he listen to you explain what the SDA home office requires you people to say and believe... so they don't dis fellowship you?
What false doctrine? Jesuit Preterism or Jesuit "Left Behind" Futurism which were Jesuit "counter-Reformation" ideas to overthrow Protestant Historicism, both of which have seduced almost the entire Protestant world which is no longer protesting?
The catholics pope is the false prophet... not the anti-christ himself.
Let's define terms:
"Papacy" = union of church and state
"Anti-christos" = "in place of Christ" - the papacy's claim to fame
"False Prophet" = Apostate Protestantism church no longer protesting the papacy
"Image of the Beast" = imminent union of the Second Beast (U.S.) and the False Prophet church

Wesley said in his commentary on Revelation 13 circa 1770 that the 1260 years of the papal First Beast was about to close (538-1798) and we were to look for the rise of the Second Beast on the heels of it's fall...if he'd have lived a few more decades, he'd have been telling you exactly what I'm saying.
No, there's actually going to be a man that is the actual anti-christ and satan is going to posses him personally.
The "man of sin" is no more limited to the idea of "one man" than is Paul's "man of God" limited to only one man who is to be "perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works".

You ought to ask the ECFs who they said was the "restrainer" preventing the rise of the "man of sin" antichrist, and how when it was taken out of the way, the "man of sin" would arise.
And yet... Jesus and none of the Apostles taught that Christians were to observe Saturday sabbath.
Jesus on the Sabbath:
"Pray that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath day."
"Let him who is Judea flee".

Paul on the Sabbath:
"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath" - (Paul) Hebrews 4:9 Peshitta

Hungry? Have a Acts 13 "grace sandwich" - lotsa Grace betwixt two whole grain slices of Sabbath:
"We Gentiles want to hear you next Sabbath, Paul!"
"Y'all continue in Grace!" (Note: not a peep about "You've fallen from grace! or "Your day is Sunday!")
"The next Sabbath day came almost the entire city to hear Paul preach Christ".

A Bit of Lagniappe:

"For although almost all churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries on the Sabbath of every week, yet the Christians of Alexandria (capital of occultism) and at Rome (Satan's earthly headquarters), on account of some ancient tradition (sun worship), have ceased to do this." - Socrates Scholasticus, 5th century church historian.
Not only that, there are NO warnings given to Christians that say it's a sin to not observe Saturday sabbath.
"Here is the patience of the saints. Here are they which keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus" - John, about those who DO NOT get the Mark of the Beast

"He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar, and the truth (Jesus) is not in him."

"Blessed are they which do His commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life".

"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath".

"DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY" ("iniquity" being "deliberate, known, habitual, presumptuous sin - like breaking the Sabbath every week, right or wrong?)
These are facts the SDA peoples just cannot overcome. Maybe you fellas should come out with an SDA Bible and put something in that says this, that way you can claim your argument is true. It's what other religions do, so don't you fellas want to compete with other religions?
Can't overcome? Look, before keyboard wars, there used to be 19th century open air debates between SDAs and other denominations, and it is a fact that we'd slaughter the opposition, so much so we became known as "the People of the Book" and many joined up with us.

One time, intrepid SDA preacher C. D. Brooks went into a city and set up a huge tent for a Revelation seminiar. A local pastor of another denomination found out about it and he set up a tent next to it, and sent his wife over every night to listen to what Brooks preached so she could report back and he could preach against it the following night. Night after night, she went over and listened and reported back...until finally she decided to get baptized by Pastor Brooks!
Your claim that Christians are living in sin for not observing Saturday sabbath is the classic argument from silence as your SDA buddies have been taught to claim by the speaking points of the SDA home office View attachment 40968
You do realize the Bible doesn't call them the "Ten Suggestions" right?

"Sin is the transgression of the law" - 1 John 3:4 KJV :)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"False Prophet" = Apostate Protestantism church no longer protesting the papacy

The FP is one person, not a church. Protestantism still is against the RCC and SDA's are Protestants, an off shoot. Also, I think all denominations in various ways are Apostate due to false doctrines and theologies.

Reactions: Spyder

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's ridiculous is denying it has to do with God's Law and claiming it's a "chip" or "tattoo" or the like.

That's what the unlearned keep claiming.

All you need to do is ask them what their Mark is.
I don't talk to catholics, so you can ask them.

Wesley said in his commentary
He's not an Apostle the Lord used to write God's Word...; so...

Jesus on the Sabbath:
"Pray that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath day."
"Let him who is Judea flee".

Yeah, for Jews... living in Judea funny.gif
Paul on the Sabbath:
"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath" - (Paul) Hebrews 4:9 Peshitta

I have entered in to the REST of faith abiding in Christ... my REST is all days of the week.

Feel free to just count only one day holy unto the Lord as your SDA handlers have indoctrinated you to believe.
A Bit of Lagniappe

Don't they have penicillin for that?

You cannot over come the FACVT that there is no call to action in the New Covenant instructing Christians to observe Saturday sabbath... sorry homie, it's just not there. disagree.gif

Can't overcome? Look, before keyboard wars, there used to be 19th century open air debates between SDAs and other denominations, and it is a fact that we'd slaughter the opposition, so much so we became known as "the People of the Book" and many joined up with us.

You're dreaming man... living in a fantasy land!

You done went off in to cult land thinking nobody is saved but you! rolleyes2.gif

Reactions: ewq1938

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phineman777 says: "Of course I am - once you identify the Beast, all you have to do is ask it what its Mark is..."Sunday is our Mark of authority".

Scriptually, you are far off target with that statement, that you just might end up receiving the Mark.

i pray that you would not and that you may move FORWARD with the Holy Spirit
Trying to identify the Mark of the Beast without first identifying who is the Beast is like trying to identify my signature in a book of signatures without first knowing what my name is - right or wrong?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to identify the Mark of the Beast without first identifying who is the Beast is like trying to identify my signature in a book of signatures without first knowing what my name is - right or wrong?

That can go the other way too: Trying to identify the Mark of the Beast while mis-identifying who is the Beast is like (enter impossible situation here).

Some people are blinded by this whole RCC being the beast thing which is just one of many ways deception comes upon those who don't think that can happen to them.

Think outside of the Catholic box! It's a type for sure, but we are supposed to think bigger than the type and see that the antichrist and beast are far more than any type has ever been.

My advice to all and any reading. LEAVE YOUR DENOMINATION! None of them are fully correct and ALL of them have false doctrines that can lead you to Apostasy should the Tribulation take place during your lifetime! Learn to reject false doctrines from all the denominations while identifying the true and useful teachings that all also possess. Do this with denominations, various teachers, bible type videos and even individual posters in forums. There is truth everywhere but there is always lies mixed in and that's where discernment is the most important tool you will ever have.

Anyone locked in a particular denomination, any of them, who defends it's doctrines strongly will without a doubt have false doctrines in their beliefs and will be fully unable to recognize them and avoid them. They will go down with that ship because the loyalty is that strong.

Reactions: David in NJ

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The FP is one person, not a church. Protestantism still is against the RCC and SDA's are Protestants, an off shoot. Also, I think all denominations in various ways are Apostate due to false doctrines and theologies.
Is not "prophet" as symbolic a term as "beast" and "dragon"? Of course. These represent the three major systems of religion at the end times:

Beast = global papal catholic church/state system
Dragon = global satanic/luciferian/Eastern occult systems
False Prophet = global Apostate Protestant system no longer protesting Rome

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the unlearned keep claiming.
Nah, it's what those without eyes to see can't see.
I don't talk to catholics, so you can ask them.
Ignorance is bliss, right?
He's not an Apostle the Lord used to write God's Word...; so...
"Despise not prophesyings" seems to be lost on everyone nowadays.
Yeah, for Jews... living in Judea View attachment 41008
Yes, the Jews that called for His crucifixion mere days before all of a sudden hung onto His every word, right?

(He was talking to obedient Christian converts who knew it is just as wrong to break the Sabbath as it is to worship Satan, steal, lie, etc.)

I have entered in to the REST of faith abiding in Christ... my REST is all days of the week.
Ohhhh, I get it - Jesus is our rest, so we can forget the Sabbath commandment.

Just like Jesus is our reward, so we can forget "Thou shalt not steal", right?
Just like Jesus is our truth, so we can forget "Thou shalt not lie", right?
Just like Jesus is our faithfulness, so we can forget "Thou shalt not commit adultery", right?
Just like Jesus is our God, so we can forget "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me", right?
Feel free to just count only one day holy unto the Lord as your SDA handlers have indoctrinated you to believe.
I've waited less time at the DMV than I've been waiting for someone to show me the verse where God changed the first six work days into "holy" days as He did with the seventh day.
Don't they have penicillin for that?
Cajun French meaning "extra".
You cannot over come the FACVT that there is no call to action in the New Covenant instructing Christians to observe Saturday sabbath... sorry homie, it's just not there. View attachment 41009
So, we're free to break the Ten Commandments? Will you join me in a resounding chorus of "All Hail, Satan, Prince of Darkness"?
You're dreaming man... living in a fantasy land!

You done went off in to cult land thinking nobody is saved but you! View attachment 41010
Sorry, but it's a fact of church history. ;)

There was once a public debate over Law and Grace between an SDA preacher and another preacher of a different church, and to open up the debate, the other preacher wanted the SDA to read one verse, after which he would pray. The SDA wasn't born yesterday - he knew once he was done reading his one verse, the other preacher would launch into a long, drawn out prayer, saying, "O Lord, we're so thankful we're not under the law" and "We're so glad you nailed the law to the Cross" - and begin closing the minds of the people before the debate even got started. So, the SDA preacher suggested they swap so that he could pray instead, but the other preacher insisted, "No - you read a verse, and I'll pray!"

So, the SDA pastor said, "Alright, I'll read a verse and you pray" and opened his Bible to Proverbs 28:9 KJV:

"He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination".

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we can gather together on any day of the week as well seeing the New Covenant does not instruct believers on what day to gather.

You failed to mention Jesus KEPT the entire law as to go to the Cross as having perfectly kept the aw... which is the fulfillment. It is finished (John 19:30)

Then He took the law and the entire old covenant away to establish a New Covenant which is...

Hebrews 3:5,6
And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a Son over His own house; whose house are we, IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Now, there is a new house, the Body of Jesus Christ! Under the New Covenant that the Lord said would come forth, we see Jesus Christ as the High Priest. The old covenant with it’s laws and regulations have been taken away because thru Jesus Christ a new and better covenant has come in to place.

Hebrews 10:9
Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(God said He would make a New Covenant - see Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath Jesus obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also Jesus is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

And with the changing of the priesthood, God’s Word tells us there is also a change of the law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Hebrews 4:8-11
For if Jesus had given them rest (sabbath under the OT), then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The rest New Testament believers are called to is... to abide IN Christ, living by faith and faith is action!

Your doing GREAT here = now continue and find in the Gospel where the LORD fulfilled the Sabbath rest spoke it to us.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mark of the Beast has already been identified for us in Revelation.

Our responsibility before God is to = Matthew 4:4

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This TRUTH challenge is for @ewq1938 @Big Boy Johnson @Phoneman777 @BarneyFife @Brakelite
@Lizbeth @Jay Ross

7 Saints are named here by the Grace of God = 7 is the Perfect Number for us who Believe

Here is the TRUTH = Exodus 31 and Matthew 5

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13“Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
14You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

17“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

BOTH Exodus 31:12-17 and Matthew 5:17-20 are TRUTH = How did CHRIST Fulfill Exodus 31 in the Gospel

FIND the EXACT fulfillment as declared by the LORD of Exodus 31 in the Gospel

***Today is the perfect day to Know****

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This TRUTH challenge is for @ewq1938 @Big Boy Johnson @Phoneman777 @BarneyFife @Brakelite
@Lizbeth @Jay Ross

7 Saints are named here by the Grace of God = 7 is the Perfect Number for us who Believe

Here is the TRUTH = Exodus 31 and Matthew 5

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13“Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
14You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
16Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

17“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

BOTH Exodus 31:12-17 and Matthew 5:17-20 are TRUTH = How did CHRIST Fulfill Exodus 31 in the Gospel

FIND the EXACT fulfillment as declared by the LORD of Exodus 31 in the Gospel

***Today is the perfect day to Know****
Two ways to reconcile:

1) God's Theocracy was rejected, so Sabbath-breakers are no longer put to death in the here and now
2) God will punish all law breakers in the Lake of Fire b/c outward sin proves inward absence of the Savior

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two ways to reconcile:

1) God's Theocracy was rejected, so Sabbath-breakers are no longer put to death in the here and now
2) God will punish all law breakers in the Lake of Fire b/c outward sin proves inward absence of the Savior
Point #2 is TRUE = Matthew 7: 21-23

Point #1 is False: God's Theocracy/Law was never rejected = as per the word of the LORD = Matthew 5:17-20

Last edited: