Here's some data on John 10:33

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it. I prefer to examine one verse at at time.

Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I was", right?

NO!!!

He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

And then they picked up stones to stone Him, right? Why? Because they understood fully what seems to be lost on you, friend: that He was saying He was the same God Who was there with Moses, the I AM THAT I AM. That's why they sought to kill Him.

Paul also used the same phrase of himself when he said that he wished all men were as "I am" (Acts 26:29). Thus, we conclude that saying "I am" did not make Paul God. "I am" does not identify Jesus with God, but it does draw attention to him in the strongest possible terms. "I am the one... the one you must look at, and listen to, if you would know God. The phrase "I am" occurs many other times in the New Testament, and is often translated as "I am he" or "I am the one I claim to be". They were not going to stone him because he said he was God, but rather that he said he was the son. The Jews would have just thought he was insane had they believed he said he was God. But they wanted to stone him because he said he was the son.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul also used the same phrase of himself when he said that he wished all men were as "I am" (Acts 26:29). Thus, we conclude that saying "I am" did not make Paul God. "I am" does not identify Jesus with God, but it does draw attention to him in the strongest possible terms. "I am the one... the one you must look at, and listen to, if you would know God. The phrase "I am" occurs many other times in the New Testament, and is often translated as "I am he" or "I am the one I claim to be". They were not going to stone him because he said he was God, but rather that he said he was the son. The Jews would have just thought he was insane had they believed he said he was God. But they wanted to stone him because he said he was the son.
Any text without the context is a pretext, and your post is one entire pretext, friend:

Paul's use of "I am" in Acts 26:29 was contextually a reference to "example". He desired all Christians to follow his example of how mortal man ought worship his Creator.

However...

Jesus' use of "I AM" in John 8:58 KJV is contextually a reference to Himself as that "Creator", the proper worship of Whom Paul desired to be an example to Christians.

He didn't say, "Before Abraham was, I was" to show merely his preexistence to Abraham, but He said "I AM" to show His Oneness with the Father. In other words, "Before Abraham existed, I AM the Self-Existent One Who is from everlasting to everlasting."

I'll repeat it again for Catholics, Protestants, Occultists, Kabbalists, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses:
"For if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."
- the great I AM, Jesus.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any text without the context is a pretext, and your post is one entire pretext, friend:

Paul's use of "I am" in Acts 26:29 was contextually a reference to "example". He desired all Christians to follow his example of how mortal man ought worship his Creator.

However...

Jesus' use of "I AM" in John 8:58 KJV is contextually a reference to Himself as that "Creator", the proper worship of Whom Paul desired to be an example to Christians.

He didn't say, "Before Abraham was, I was" to show merely his preexistence to Abraham, but He said "I AM" to show His Oneness with the Father. In other words, "Before Abraham existed, I AM the Self-Existent One Who is from everlasting to everlasting."

I'll repeat it again for Catholics, Protestants, Occultists, Kabbalists, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses:
- the great I AM, Jesus.

The "I am" is the one who is here now. The messiah, the Christ that you need to believe in. Not the God man.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I can respond to all your verses. Lets start with the first one which (Titus 2:13) is that the Apostle Paul did not call Jesus "the great God". My Bible says "the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ."

Titus 2:13 truthfully exegeted with Greek grammar rules applied maintains consistent Apostolic testimony that Jesus is God.

Here is the English-Greek full word-for-word of Titus 2:13:

awaiting-προσδεχόμενοι the-τὴν blessed-μακαρίαν hope-ἐλπίδα and-καὶ appearing-ἐπιφάνειαν the-τῆς glory-δόξης the-τοῦ great-μεγάλου God-Θεοῦ and-καὶ Savior-Σωτῆρος us-ἡμῶν Christ-Χριστοῦ Jesus-Ἰησοῦ

All of "God", "Savior", "Christ", and "Jesus" are genitive, singular, and masculine thus they are to be taken together as a single cohesive unit according to Greek grammar rules, and this unit has the genitive singular adjectives "glory" and "great" pointing at this unit for all the genitive singular words are inextricably tied together according to Greek grammar rules.

The logical "and" in the phrase "our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" (Titus 2:13) is linguistically tied to Jesus Christ because the word "hope", which is singular, as well as the word "glory", which is singular, in the phrase "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of" (Titus 2:13); therefore, Paul singularly refers to "our great God" and "Savior" and "Christ Jesus" as One singular.

See that linguistically, "hope" and "glory" would need to be plural in order for "our great God" and "Savior" and "Christ Jesus" to be disassociated in the evil manner which you think applies.

THE APOSTLE PAUL INDISPUTABLY CALLS JESUS "THE GREAT GOD" (τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ) WITH "LOOKING FOR THE BLESSED HOPE AND THE APPEARING OF THE GLORY OF THE GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR OF US, CHRIST JESUS" (TITUS 2:13).

The Greek grammar rules make it utterly clear in order to avoid confusion, yet you have managed to confuse yourself unto eternal punishment according to your current state. You confuse Paul's words while you neglect the greater Apostolic testimony.

It appears to me that your Bible states that Jesus is God in Titus 2:13.

Reactions: The Learner

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 2:13 truthfully exegeted with Greek grammar rules applied maintains consistent Apostolic testimony that Jesus is God.

Here is the English-Greek full word-for-word of Titus 2:13:

awaiting-προσδεχόμενοι the-τὴν blessed-μακαρίαν hope-ἐλπίδα and-καὶ appearing-ἐπιφάνειαν the-τῆς glory-δόξης the-τοῦ great-μεγάλου God-Θεοῦ and-καὶ Savior-Σωτῆρος us-ἡμῶν Christ-Χριστοῦ Jesus-Ἰησοῦ

All of "God", "Savior", "Christ", and "Jesus" are genitive, singular, and masculine thus they are to be taken together as a single cohesive unit according to Greek grammar rules, and this unit has the genitive singular adjectives "glory" and "great" pointing at this unit for all the genitive singular words are inextricably tied together according to Greek grammar rules.

The logical "and" in the phrase "our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" (Titus 2:13) is linguistically tied to Jesus Christ because the word "hope", which is singular, as well as the word "glory", which is singular, in the phrase "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of" (Titus 2:13); therefore, Paul singularly refers to "our great God" and "Savior" and "Christ Jesus" as One singular.

See that linguistically, "hope" and "glory" would need to be plural in order for "our great God" and "Savior" and "Christ Jesus" to be disassociated in the evil manner which you think applies.

THE APOSTLE PAUL INDISPUTABLY CALLS JESUS "THE GREAT GOD" (τοῦ μεγάλου Θεοῦ) WITH "LOOKING FOR THE BLESSED HOPE AND THE APPEARING OF THE GLORY OF THE GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR OF US, CHRIST JESUS" (TITUS 2:13).

The Greek grammar rules make it utterly clear in order to avoid confusion, yet you have managed to confuse yourself unto eternal punishment according to your current state. You confuse Paul's words while you neglect the greater Apostolic testimony.

It appears to me that your Bible states that Jesus is God in Titus 2:13.

We are looking for the "glory" of God, which is stated clearly as being "Jesus Christ." The glory will come at the appearing, but Scripture says clearly that both the glory of the Son and the glory of the Father will appear (Luke9:26). It has been stated that the grammar of Titus 2:13 forces the interpretation that Jesus is God because of the Granville Sharp Rule of grammar. I believe such a rule has been challenged.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the "I AM" of the OT - it was Jesus Who told Moses He was to be called "I AM THAT I AM".

I see Jesus first being born from a woman named Mary. What you believe is something completely different that history tells us came from the Catholics and not from Scripture.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Jesus first being born from a woman named Mary. What you believe is something completely different that history tells us came from the Catholics and not from Scripture.
You mean to say you don’t know the pre-incarnate Jesus is the God of the OT?

That the Second Person in the Godhead was not at Sinai, at Manoah’s house, in Genesis 1:1?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean to say you don’t know the pre-incarnate Jesus is the God of the OT?

That the Second Person in the Godhead was not at Sinai, at Manoah’s house, in Genesis 1:1?

Yeah we are not on the same page.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah we are not on the same page.
The "Angel of the Lord" appeared to Manoah and said His name was "secret" -- the SAME Hebrew word which is translated "wonderful" in Isaiah 9:6:
"His name shall be called WONDERFUL, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace" - that's the Lord Jesus, both here in Isaiah 9 and in Judges 13.

Man, I could prove to you fifty ways to Sabbath that Jesus is the God of the OT, but you have to have ears willing to hear :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So you're just showing evidence of how the Bible does say that Jesus is God? Just trying to understand the purpose of your original post.
@doughty The Deity of Christ is indeed a glorious truth, of which Scripture is full; John's Gospel throughout; John's First Epistle; Colossians 2.9; 1 Timothy 3.16; Hebrews 1, etc.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Angel of the Lord" appeared to Manoah and said His name was "secret" -- the SAME Hebrew word which is translated "wonderful" in Isaiah 9:6:
"His name shall be called WONDERFUL, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace" - that's the Lord Jesus, both here in Isaiah 9 and in Judges 13.

Man, I could prove to you fifty ways to Sabbath that Jesus is the God of the OT, but you have to have ears willing to hear :)

How about if you start with just one verse and I will see if I can talk about it. I am limited in this area since my field is in the New Testament because the old covenant is no longer in existence.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What verse in Scripture says that?

To paraphrase Reagan’s quip about Liberals, trinitarians know so much that isn’t true. :D
I like it... "trinitarians know so much that isn’t true."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
They were not going to stone him because he said he was God,.

Peterlag,

You should actually read the verse., as the reality is... Jesus made Himself "equal to God", is why they wanted to murder Him.
But i think you did read it. Your problem is that you dont want Jesus to be Deity (God), as you have been badly taught to have this mindset by those who are just like you.
Here are a few more BIBLES to help you see the LIGHT.
-
-
New International Version
, making himself equal with God.

New Living Translation
making himself equal with God.

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible
making Himself equal with God.

Berean Literal Bible
making Himself equal to God.

King James Bible

New King James Version

New American Standard Bible
, making Himself equal with God.

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

Amplified Bible

Christian Standard Bible
making himself equal to God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

American Standard Version

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you put down the translators translation of your Greek lexicon that is defective, and get a real bible, you'll find that in a real bible : "claim to be GOD", is accurate.

Jesus didn't just claim to be God.
He is in Fact, God manifested from a Virgin's womb.
As a matter of fact, when Baby Jesus's feet first took their first step, He was walking for the first time on the WORLD HE CREATED.

Only the deceived and the hyper foolish try to deny the Deity of Christ.
And God knows their are plenty of them around,

Find God here :

John 1:10
Colossians 1:16
You keep on lighting candles from both ends. You might be exposing what you preach and maybe who you are as self-made teacher. Many appealing words without substance shall not cover the truth of who is the Father and the Son I'm afraid.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You keep on lighting candles from both ends. You might be exposing what you preach and maybe who you are as self-made teacher. Many appealing words without substance shall not cover the truth of who is the Father and the Son I'm afraid.

Your false insinuation is noted, again offered without a quote or any proof.
So, Try being honest, vs, just stating your warped opinion.
That would be something new for you to experience, apak.

So, when you are trying to agree with the words of Jesus that Prove His Deity...... just read 2 verses.
(you'll need a bible).

Read : John 1:10, which reveals Jesus as the creator of the World.

Then..

Read : Colossians 1:16, as its truly defines Jesus The Lord as Deity.

Just use those 2 anytime you run into a heretic who is trying to deny the Deity of Christ.