Heresy within Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many modern errors in the modern teachings.....like layers of an onion. The more you peel away the doctrines the more you want to cry.

And it all begins with a misunderstanding of the gospel. And a continuing lack of spiritual life.
Hi Episkopos,

I agree with you. :)

How do we know which teachings are "errors in the modern teachings" or who is misunderstanding the Gospel? That is one thing most Christians struggle with...IMO.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who support "truth" have no need to "shout". The only truth is in Christ, and since more are in church than in Christ shows you how little truth there is.
More on in church than in Christ???? How does that equate to showing how little truth there is????? What does that mean??? And HOW do you know that there are more in church than in Christ???

Curious Mary

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, the Holy Spirit inside of you confirmed that the day is 24hrs? correct. what did the Lord Jesus say? who suppose to be inside you. but before you answer hear him again, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world". now if the Holy Spirit is telling you one thing and the Lord Jesus is saying another, then I question what "spirit" is confirming this in you. for I know that the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus himself and he is not divided nor confused.

so when I hear these types of statement I'll leave you to Revelation 22:11 for now.

PICJAG.
Holy spirit is not Jesus.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would prefer to think you are merely mistaken, not actually calling God a liar. (Jesus is God, BTW)
Remember what I told you? Getting angry and making false accusations might feel good at the moment,but then you have to live with what you have done forever. It's a bad idea. Calm yourself and do the right thing.

Your pomposity masks your hypocrisy.
I'm still waiting for you to reply to my correcting you over the Ceolocanths and worms: [QUOTE="Yehren, post: 711480, member: 8363"
As for your falsehoods I notice you have not responded to my post about CEOLOCANTHS and WORMS?
It's definitely not a Christian thing to do.
Need more time to explain why you claim Christianty yet believ yoruself evolved from monkeys as Satan says?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As for your falsehoods I notice you have not responded to my post about CEOLOCANTHS and WORMS?

I told you that the two species of coelacanths alive today are not seen in the fossil record. They evolved to become very different fish, becoming deep sea adapted, from smaller fresh water coelacanths.

In the paper that was published a few months ago, researchers have compare the DNA of Tanzanian and Comoran coelacanths. They found that some Tanzanian fish carry unique genetic variants. These variants were not found in any Comoran fish or anywhere else. This was especially true for coelacanths captured off northern Tanzania. The team believe their results indicate that coelacanths from northern Tanzania form a separate breeding population from the coelacanths from the South and the Comoros. These last two populations are much closer to each other genetically.
The researchers think the last common ancestor of the Tanzanian and Comaran coelacanths lived at least 200,000 years ago. For your sense of time: this was around the same time when the first modern human walked the earth. The researchers arrived at this estimate with a simple technique, known as the molecular clock: the more genetic differences exist between two lineages, the longer ago they diverged. But calibrating the clock can be tricky. Using a different calibration point, the researchers dated the split between the two populations to a few millions years ago.

Coelacanths are not living fossils. Like the rest of us, they evolve

They are very different fishes, behaviorally, ecologically, and genetically. Try again?

Need more time to explain why you claim Christianty yet believ yoruself evolved from monkeys as Satan says?

Satan might say we evolved from monkeys, but evolutionary theory does not. Perhaps you shouldn't be listening to Satan so much?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, I will go the easy way first. scripture, John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth". God is "A", Spirit meaning ONE Spirit correct. now this,
Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".

now XRose is the Spirit of Christ a separate Spirit from the Spirit of God yes or no?

PICJAG.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Satan might say we evolved from monkeys, but evolutionary theory does not. Perhaps you shouldn't be listening to Satan so much?[/QUOTE]
Your childishness is a sure sign you lack intelligence and Christianity.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Episkopos,

I agree with you. :)

How do we know which teachings are "errors in the modern teachings" or who is misunderstanding the Gospel? That is one thing most Christians struggle with...IMO.

Mary
You are a pagan Catholic believing a vast number of errors.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me one organism that is exactly the same in the fossil record as it is today. What do you have?
Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
You sure ain't no genius but Satan is delighted you push his evolution lies.
FYI before The Flood there was no rain to make any erosion.
Your friend Satan didn't tell you that did he?
The Bible says so but you don't believe the Bible as you lack any of the gifts of holy spirit.
But now consult your tarot or bones or whatever talisman you prefer and tell me how the deltas could form without rain?
And while you're communing with Satan ask him why Noah didn't see any rainbows before The Flood?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Yehren is told what Satan says about evolution)

Satan might say we evolved from monkeys, but evolutionary theory does not. Perhaps you shouldn't be listening to Satan so much?

Your childishness is a sure sign you lack intelligence and Christianity.

Well, you know how dumb old barbarians are... and my Christianity seems to be less complex than yours.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

1 Corinthians 13: 1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. [2] And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Consider it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure ain't no genius but Satan is delighted you push his evolution lies.
FYI before The Flood there was no rain to make any erosion.

That's your addition to scripture. Even your fellow YE creationists know better:

Some Christians claim that there was no rain before the Flood; however, as Dr. Tommy Mitchell shows us, a close examination of Scripture does not bear this out.
Was There No Rain Before the Flood?

Your friend Satan didn't tell you that did he?

YE creationists are wrong about a lot of things, but I know they aren't Satanic. Many of them are devout and loving Christians.

The Bible says so

No, it doesn't, but you don't believe the Bible for whatever reason.

But now consult your tarot or bones or whatever talisman you prefer and tell me how the deltas could form without rain?

See above. Your "no rain" doctrine isn't Biblical. Even most YE creationists don't believe it.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's your addition to scripture. Even your fellow YE creationists know better:

Some Christians claim that there was no rain before the Flood; however, as Dr. Tommy Mitchell shows us, a close examination of Scripture does not bear this out.
Was There No Rain Before the Flood?

YE creationists are wrong about a lot of things, but I know they aren't Satanic. Many of them are devout and loving Christians.

No, it doesn't, but you don't believe the Bible for whatever reason.

See above. Your "no rain" doctrine isn't Biblical. Even most YE creationists don't believe it.
You sure prefer Satan's lies over GOD's truths.

Thats a sure sign of immaturity and demonic possession.
Go get yourself exercised.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Never said....something created out of nothing.....
God the Father created everything.
The atom looks like a solar system....solar system looks like a galaxy.....galaxy looks like a universe.
Things created and made by God.....just a little more complex than zap.
And making people think is a good thing....:)
I found out that God had a purpose in creating the cosmos and the world in six days and rested on the seventh when He could have created it in an instant. It is because He set up the seven day week for us. It is why we work for six days and then have a day of rest. It shows that His whole creation is to provide a suitable and healthy environment for us to live in, and that He is not expecting us to work every day and burn ourselves out, but have a healthy balance between work and rest. It shows that there is a definite purpose in everything that God does.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your addition to God's word. It's a bad idea. Let it be His way, not yours.

As far as I can see, the only ones adding anything to the creation account are those claiming the light refers to God or Jesus when there is no justification for it in the account itself. I simply let the book speak for itself, keeping it strictly about what is stated to be created, to what God said to "let there be", so there is nothing there that needs to be added to begin with, no billions of years, no evolution, no supernatural source of light, etc.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Sumerians. Abraham, as you might recall, was from Sumeria. The Sumerians, being moon-worshipers, set a week as seven days, because that is the approximate length of time for one quarter of the moon's cycle.
OK. Because the Sumerians came well after the creation, it could be argued that because they would have their own creation myths, that the seven day week was a part of it, and so it came as the result of how the world was created in the first place - that they didn't invent the seven day week, but it was there in their creation myth.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. Because the Sumerians came well after the creation, it could be argued that because they would have their own creation myths, that the seven day week was a part of it,

No. It's not arbitrary. They worshiped the moon, and so they set quarters of the moon as time periods.

Other cultures have used 5 to 14 day weeks, and some didn't have weeks.

and so it came as the result of how the world was created in the first place - that they didn't invent the seven day week, but it was there in their creation myth.

Yep. If Abraham had come from Italy, he would have used an 8-day week. Or if he came from Tenochtitlan, he would have used a 14-day week.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, the Holy Spirit inside of you confirmed that the day is 24hrs? correct. what did the Lord Jesus say? who suppose to be inside you. but before you answer hear him again, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world". now if the Holy Spirit is telling you one thing and the Lord Jesus is saying another, then I question what "spirit" is confirming this in you. for I know that the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus himself and he is not divided nor confused.

so when I hear these types of statement I'll leave you to Revelation 22:11 for now.

PICJAG.
Jesus was right! At the time He said it the hours of daylight between dawn and dusk would have been 12 hours. The context was about the ability to work while it was light and when the darkness comes (ie: the 12 hours between dusk and dawn) no one can work.

Of course we have artificial light that enables us to work and do things well into the night hours that First Century people didn't have.

So, if we are talking about the daylight hours, we can say a day consists of 12 hours, but if we are talking about a full day we have to include the night hours as well. I think that the gospel writers knew that there might have been a confusion about the definition of a 'day' so when Jesus died, they said that he was "three days and three nights" in the tomb - that made it three 24 hour days. (Let's not go down the rabbit hole of whether it was all of three whole days. That's a debate for another thread).

It is interesting that in Genesis 1 it talks of "evening and morning" of the next day. What do you make of that? Why not "morning and evening" if it was to be 12 hour days? If you put the "evenings and mornings" together in sequence, we get evening and morning (1), to evening and morning (2), to evening and morning (3), and so on. This shows that the sequence is actually evening to evening each day, which is 24 hours. If if "morning to evening" is used, we still get a 24hr period between the morning of one day to the morning of the next.

Just sayin'!