HERESY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the Bible myself.

And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
Psalm 89:26

“Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
John 20:17

For us, there is one God, the Father
1 Corinthians 8:6

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
2 Corinthians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

Ephesians 1:2

Philippians 1:2

May God our Father give you grace and peace.
Colossians 1:2

I was not appointed by any group of people or any human authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by God the Father, who raised Jesus from the dead.
Galatians 1:1

We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 & 2 Thessalonians 1:1

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.
1 & 2 Timothy 1:2

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior give you grace and peace.
Titus 1:4

Philemon 1:3

For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.”
God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.
Hebrews 1:5

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring
James 1:27

God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and his Spirit has made you holy.
1 Peter 1:2

when he received honor and glory from God the Father.
2 Peter 1:17

We proclaim ... our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:3 (NOTE: Again no reference to the HS)

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father
2 John 1:3

He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father.
Revelation 1:6
Got it....you taught yourself.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know your history, you know the trinitarian cult began in the 4th century. It must be embarrassing that the Apostles who walked with Christ never taught the trinity and never recorded Jesus teaching the trinity. Jesus did not teach the trinity. An inconvenient truth.
Thank you wrangler :rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know your history, you know the trinitarian cult began in the 4th century. It must be embarrassing that the Apostles who walked with Christ never taught the trinity and never recorded Jesus teaching the trinity. Jesus did not teach the trinity. An inconvenient truth.
Not only do the men who teach you twist scripture, but YOU twist Christian history. The word trias (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Christian teaching about A.D. 180. ;)

History teacher Mary

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only do the men who teach you twist scripture, but YOU twist Christian history. The word trias (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Christian teaching about A.D. 180. ;)

History teacher Mary

Still no trinity found in Scripture. You can make up your false history of trias among non-NT writers all you want.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no trinity found in Scripture. You can make up your false history of trias among non-NT writers all you want.
You crack me up….YOUR false history started in the 19th century. YOU and your ilk reject 2,000 years of Christian teaching and accept the teachings of a man. You follow a man. I follow The Church.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Noticed how you didn’t even acknowledge your revision of history. Are you going to at least TRY to defend yourself and your teachings? Or will your opinions continue to dominate your posts’s?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Noticed how you didn’t even acknowledge your revision of history. Are you going to at least TRY to defend yourself and your teachings? Or will your opinions continue to dominate your posts’s?

It is not an opinion that the trinity is not in the Bible - it is a fact.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fascinating. Sooooo the men of your denomination when they read the Didache they don't see the Trinity in the statement "father, Son, holy spirit"? If that is not a Trinity....then what is? And since the Trinity is NOT mentioned in chapter 10 that cancels out what is said in chapter 7?? Hmmm....
You seem to think that we do not accept the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.....but we most certainly do. We just do not interpret the three as ONE GOD, since the church calls each of them "God". That is three gods and something Jesus would never have taught.
Squeezing three "gods" into one "head" doesn't find any support whatsoever in the Bible.
Yahweh is God the Father. Jesus Christ is never once called Yahweh but only ever "the son of God"....never "God the Son".
The holy spirit is God's power directed to whomever or wherever he wants it to go to accomplish his will. It is not a person and it has no name. Giving it gender is more grammar than personification.

Did you know that Clement of Rome, along with the Didache, eluded to the Trinity ALSO: For as God liveth, and the Lord Jesus Christ liveth, and the Holy Spirit, who are the faith and the hope of the elect,...(58:2).
Yes all three recognized but not as one God....no trinity there unless you imagine it.

Having therefore received their orders, and being fully assured by the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and established in the word of God, with full assurance of the Holy Ghost, they went forth proclaiming that the Kingdom of God was at hand.” 42.1-3
There is no such thing as a "Holy Ghost"...."Ghost" is taken from a German word "geist" which means "spirit". So trying to suggest 'personhood' by calling it a "ghost" doesn't wash if you have done your word studies. The holy spirit emanates from God but is not God.

if we do the will of our Father God, we shall be members of the first church, the spiritual—that which was created before the sun and moon… I think not that you are ignorant that the living church is the body of Christ… The church being spiritual, was made manifest in the flesh of Christ, signifying to us that if any one of us shall preserve it in the flesh and corrupt it not, he shall receive it in the Holy Spirit.
Again...no trinity is mentioned or even suggested because there was no trinity in the first century.

“The ministers of the grace of God have, by the Holy Spirit, spoken of repentance;” 8.1 “Now the faith which is in Christ confirms all these [admonitions]. For He Himself by the Holy Ghost thus addresses us: ‘Come, ye children, harken unto Me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.’” 22.1
Clearly Clement is talking about 3 different entities.
Yes three different and separate things, only two of which are entities. God's spirit is not an entity.

Ignatius of Antioch to the Ephesians eludes to the Trinity: “Nevertheless, I have heard of some who have passed on from this to you, having false doctrine, whom you did not allow to sow among you, but stopped your ears, that you might not receive those things which were sown by them, as (you, the church) being stones of the temple of the Father, prepared for the building of God the Father, and drawn up on high by the instrument of Jesus Christ, which is the cross, making use of the Holy Spirit as a rope,".
Again, in context there is no trinity. The mere mention of these three necessary components of our faith does not make them all "God". Never once is that said.....you are seeing what is not there.

For our God, Jesus Christ, was, according to the appointment of God, conceived in the womb by Mary, of the seed of David, but by the Holy Ghost. He was born and baptized, that by His passion He might purify the water.” To the Ephesians 18.2
Still no trinity. What are you reading into these words? You have on a lens that makes these word appear to say what they do not.

Polycarp prays to the Father (14.1) before dying: “Wherefore also I praise You for all things, I bless you, I glorify You, along with the everlasting and heavenly Jesus Christ, Your beloved Son, with whom, to You, and the Holy Ghost, be glory both now and to all coming ages. Amen.” 14.3
There is no Holy Ghost. You are still reading into these words what you want to see. What the Catholic church wants you to see.

Sooooo the AF's CLEARLY taught the Trinity.....they just didn't use the word "Trinity".

Where? If the trinity was a true doctrine it would be clearly stated....it isn't....because it never was believed by the first Christians or the AF's.

Trinities were found in many parts of pagan religions however.....

images
images
images
images

It is not Biblical....it is a pagan idea masquerading as Christian doctrine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not an opinion that the trinity is not in the Bible - it is a fact.
You can say that the WORD "trinity" is not found in the Bible but it is NOT true that the tri-une God is not trinitarian in nature.

The trinity is without a doubt difficult to explain to someone who has been indoctrinated by a certain man named Charles Taze Russell just as those who have been indoctrinated by Charles Nelson Darby with his doctrine of dispensationalism- both within the same period of time.

But let me ask you to explain these to me please...
1. explain how Jesus was able to speak to Lazarus who had been dead for 4 days. His spirit had left him but Jesus was able to call back Lazarus' spirit and restore him back to a natural life;
2. explain how Jesus was able to ressurect himself from the dead when he was dead for hours if not days;
3. explain how it was that Jesus in Matthew 27:52-53, could have opened those tombs of the saints, raised them from the dead, and have them ascent into heaven with him;
4. Explain how Jesus used the term "We will come unto him and make our abode with him." Who are the "our" and the "we" in that verse?
5. How could Jesus have said, "I and the Father are one" without being condemned as a liar? If Jesus was lying he would not have been sin free. If he was not sin free, you and I and all other human beings on planet earth have been duped and are still in our sins because, as a sinner, he could never have been our sacrifce; he would have been reduced to being no different than you and I. How does that make you feel?
6. At Christ baptism the Son came up out of the water, the Spirit descended upon Him and the Father's voice spoke from heaven (Matt. 3:16,17). Explain that please?
7. Probably the most beautiful description of the work of "atonement" is found in Hebrews 9:14, where it is stated that Christ, through the Eternal Spirit, offered Himself without spot to God; and there we behold the three Persons operating together again in Matthew 3:16,17.​

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say that the WORD "trinity" is not found in the Bible but it is NOT true that the tri-une God is not trinitarian in nature.
Circular Reasoning. The only God of the Bible is Jesus’ God, unitarian Father in nature. For us, there is one God, the Father. Hard to imagine stronger anti-trinitarian language.

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your inability to answer those questions, you choose to remain in denial of what scripture says. That is your choice to avoid what Jesus himself said and did.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I see you are like a con artist picking and choosing to deceive. So let's read what you didn't believe. You only agree with 12 and 13, There is so much more you missed. Read 1-23

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

This chapter shows that you still have a choice. You still have free will and you can choose sin - but Paul says -don't choose sin. You've been freed from sin, so why go back to it when you don't have to? I've never wanted to go back. When God spoke to me the first time and I knew He really existed and that He loved me enough to actually speak to me, I fell madly in love with Him. I would no more sin against Him now if you paid me a billion dollars. Besides, not sinning when I don't have to is such a freedom. And the reward is He keeps talking to me and answering all my prayers. Before I heard His voice that night in 1977, not one of my prayers in thirty years had been answered.

cc: @GodsGrace I see you liked Enoch's post. So please read my answer to him. I hope your eyes open to the true meaning of scripture. Enoch still believes false doctrine of demons that contradicts why Jesus came. - To take away our sin and give us His divine nature. 2 Peter 1:2-4. It all has to do with Adam's sin, and undoing the consequences of it. Adam lost his divine nature and took upon himself the devil's nature. Jesus died to undo that so we can live for all eternity with a Holy God, and to do so we must be like Him. Jesus gives us His own nature so we can be.
I'm on a phone and it's difficult to post...
Hope my computer is good soon...

You say we are to be like Christ and we have His nature.

Jesus has the nature of God,,,how could we have Jesus' nature if we're not God?

We have a human nature and that includes the possibility of sinning.

Jesus is the only human that never sinned.

We are God's children,,,,Jesus is His Son.
We are to use Jesus as an example and follow His teachings.

Does Jesus ever say we will not sin?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I would call it heretical when the teaching directly contradicts what God or Jesus are quoted as saying in the Bible. I would also say it is heretical to say that priests intentionally misquoted God in the Bible to promote their own agendas.
Your second sentence is a personal opinion.
Are you saying priests HAVE NOT intentionally quoted God?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You will never get 1stCenturyLady to give up her delusion. She really and truly believes that she has attained sinless perfection (while condemning others).
Don't I know it !
I know at least 2 others that believe this.
But we still need to speak what scripture teaches for those reading along.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your second sentence is a personal opinion.
Are you saying priests HAVE NOT intentionally quoted God?
I am sure there are priests who do that, but I am not talking about them. I've been told that priests wrote the Bible and intentionally misquoted God to further their own agendas. This would mean the Bible is lying. The Bible doesn't lie.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the "last day" includes both the resurrection of the righteous and the resurrection of the unrighteous -- which are separated by MORE THAN 1,000 YEARS -- it is simply a metaphor for the end of the age.

Already you are wrong about that. Per John 5:28-29 Jesus showed BOTH the "resurrection of life" AND the "resurrection of damnation" happen on the SAME day of His coming...

John 5:28-29
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,

29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
KJV

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Verse 5 is a general statement to mankind.

You obviously read the verses I gave Enoch, but you don't agree with them?

What I believe is we do not go in and out of the Spirit, but either are slaves to sin, or slaves to righteousness. Romans 6:15-16. There are many who fight this because they still love darkness, and yet don't want to be worthy of hell. So they tell themselves the doctrine of demons that the blood of Jesus will cover your sins as you commit them...

It really all comes down to our conscience, and if we will obey it or go against it. Does our will belong to God, or lusts.
Being a slave to sin is not the same as sinning.
A born again person does not love the darkness and their conscience does bother them when they sin.

This is because they do Not go in and out of the spirit, as you worded it. Because they are in the spirit and did not heed the Holy Spirit is precisely why they feel badly and ask for forgiveness.

Why does scripture teach us to ask for forgiveness?

I thought the history of confession would be helpful...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am sure there are priests who do that, but I am not talking about them. I've been told that priests wrote the Bible and intentionally misquoted God to further their own agendas. This would mean the Bible is lying. The Bible doesn't lie.
Oh.
OK,,,agreed.
I didn't understand well...
:)

Reactions: Bob Estey