Holy Spirit......Christians ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do doubt there is hope but not where there is no repentance for the unforgiveable
sin of satanic inspiration being attributed to the Holy Spirit - twinc
You should also be careful that you do not call inspiration of the Holy Spirit, satanic inspiration. That would sound more to me to me like blasphemy against the Holy Spirit than the other. Perhaps not knowing better, we would be best to remain silent rather that presuming to arbitrarily question someone else's heart. Does God need our help?

Reactions: Helen, pia and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing has happened - the centuries have come and gone and Christians have not turned around but gone on and on and it seems are highly unlikely to repent and turn around[Matt 12:31] - twinc

People who have not turned around are nonbelievers, not christians. Christians are people who identify with the Lord and do everything in their power to follow in His footsteps.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To me the story in the gospels which most accurately describe 'Repentance' is the story of the Prodigal son.....repenting isn't just our ability to be sorry for what we have done, it's to 'Return onto and into our Fathers house (arms)'

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You should also be careful that you do not call inspiration of the Holy Spirit, satanic inspiration. That would sound more to me to me like blasphemy against the Holy Spirit than the other. Perhaps not knowing better, we would be best to remain silent rather that presuming to arbitrarily question someone else's heart. Does God need our help?

no problem - by their fruits I know them[Matt 7:16&20] - division, confusion etrc - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
To me the story in the gospels which most accurately describe 'Repentance' is the story of the Prodigal son.....repenting isn't just our ability to be sorry for what we have done, it's to 'Return onto and into our Fathers house (arms)'

highly unlikely imho - twinc

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
highly unlikely imho - twinc

How did Jesus win the sinner? He changed their mind about who God was.

In the Prodigal Son, perfect love drives out fear.

1 John 4:18, There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Reactions: Helen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are saying you know better "about someone's heart"; from your post #184 on the "What is a Christian" thread in the Christian Spirituality Forum:
"Only those with the "eyes to see" can discern the ones who are real from the ones who are perhaps even unbeknownst to themselves are playing deadly game among the blind."
"I believe that I have "eyes to see"...

1Kings 8: 38.... "whatever prayer, whatever supplication is made by anyone, or by all Your people Israel, when each one knows the plague of his own heart, and spreads out his hands toward this temple: 39. then hear in heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and act, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men), 40. that they may fear You all the days that they live in the land which You gave to our fathers."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying you know better "about someone's heart"; from your post #184 on the "What is a Christian" thread in the Christian Spirituality Forum:
"Only those with the "eyes to see" can discern the ones who are real from the ones who are perhaps even unbeknownst to themselves are playing deadly game among the blind."
"I believe that I have "eyes to see"...

All of us my friend believe that we see things better than others or we would not stay where we are:

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

God does show me things as He surely also shows you things. Hopefully we both pray that God will be guiding our tongues to doing a better job when we do speak or to remain silent when that is His will for us in a situation.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak." Jerem 1:6-7

When I open my mouth without having talked to God first, I open my own way to danger before God. Truly, I have erred at times in this, but I am regularly asking God for help. Will you also pray for me in this respect?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us my friend believe that we see things better than others or we would not stay where we are:

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

God does show me things as He surely also shows you things. Hopefully we both pray that God will be guiding our tongues to doing a better job when we do speak or to remain silent when that is His will for us in a situation.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak." Jerem 1:6-7

When I open my mouth without having talked to God first, I open my own way to danger before God. Truly, I have erred at times in this, but I am regularly asking God for help. Will you also pray for me in this respect?

Yes, I will.

Reactions: amadeus and Job

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How did Jesus win the sinner? He changed their mind about who God was.

In the Prodigal Son, perfect love drives out fear.

1 John 4:18, There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

in the prodigal son it goes unnoticed that the prodigal repented when he was a long way off - repent/return and come back home says the Lord - He will even run to meet and greet anyone whilst still a long way from home - twinc

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
in the prodigal son it goes unnoticed that the prodigal repented when he was a long way off - repent/return and come back home says the Lord - He will even run to meet and greet anyone whilst still a long way from home - twinc

Notice how the son was going to tell his father to make him one of the hired servants but never gets a chance to and notice how the father doesn't even acknowledge his son's apology.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
nothing has happened - the centuries have come and gone and Christians have not turned around but gone on and on and it seems are highly unlikely to repent and turn around[Matt 12:31] - twinc
ha, nothing has happened except if you described your life now to one of them then they would kill you for a witch lol

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anybody can make claims about anything including having the Holy Spirit. Jesus said you will know people by their fruit, whether the fruit be good or bad. Not by anything they claim. Back to the specific claim about having the Holy Spirit making a person a Christian: Not a logical claim. Jesus had diciples who followed His teachings and preached them and lived by them. But they were not Christians. They were just merely Diciples of Jesus. The term "Christian" came into being for the first time in the Book of Acts. It was a term used to define those who were followers of Jesus. So all who followed, lived out and practiced the teachings of Jesus were simply the Diciples of Jesus. But not all who practiced , lived out and believed in Jesus' teachings and, thus were Jesus's Diciples, were Christians if they died before that time in the Book of Acts when the Diciples were referred to as "Christians". So all Christians are Diciples of Jesus. But not all Diciples of Jesus were "Christians". As for those who make such claims, be wary. Jesus said that there will be those who will say "Lord. Lord. Did we not cast out demons in your name? Jesus stated that He would tell them that He did not know them and to depart from Him because of their practice of lawlessness. So anybody can make claims. But are they legitimate claims? You'll know them by their fruit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does claiming to possess the H/S make anyone a Christian when John was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb[Lk 1:13] but was not a Christian for the least Christian was greater than he[Lk 7:28] - twinc
That was an angel that spoke to John's father...not John being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, the spirit of God "inspired" men of God during those earlier times...but the Holy Spirit was not sent to those who believe in Christ until after His ascension.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That was an angel that spoke to John's father...not John being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, the spirit of God "inspired" men of God during those earlier times...but the Holy Spirit was not sent to those who believe in Christ until after His ascension.

wrong again - these words at Lk 1:13 apply to John - twinc

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong again - these words at Lk 1:13 apply to John - twinc
The truth regarding the Holy Spirit, is as follows:

2 Peter 1:21
for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

John 7:39
But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.