Holy Spirit!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit only works in the church, the communion of saints!

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The only exception of the Holy Spirit working outside the church is that the Holy Spirit draws men to repentance and to become members of Christ, sanctified by grace thru the sacraments of Christ in His church!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Acts 9:31
Then had the church rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord…

Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Hebrews 2:12
Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

The spirit leads the apostles into all truth! Jn 16:13 and they teach the disciples with thee faith! Eph 4:5 The sacred deposit of faith once delivered to the saints! Jude 1:3

The Holy Spirit brings Unity of faith!

The gifts and fruits of the spirit found in the holy church founded by Christ for the sanctification and salvation of all men:

Gifts:

Wisdom
Understanding
Counsel
Knowledge
Piety
Fear of the Lord
Fortitude

Fruits:

love
joy
peace
longsuffering
gentleness
goodness
faith

• Wow
Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit works everywhere. I have in mind here Psalm 139:7.

Reactions: Nancy