The False vs True Gift Of Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TIME to let GOD BE TRUE and every man a liar . TIME to stop trusting in what we think , we think , we think
we are hearing FROM GOD , THE SPIRIT ,
TIME to learn well the holy scriptures and test all men , all thoughts and all things
against THAT DOCTRINE . BIBLE UP karl and BIBLE UP ALL .

So - the Teacher or a teacher?

Religion is man's understanding of God!! And so "Doctrine" is also man's understanding of God.

The Law, meaning God's rules are God's, and not men's, however even trying to fulfill the Law (God's rules) without actually listening to Him do not give you the correct interpretation, and God knew it. So the Law (God's rules) was given to those people He brought out of Egypt who said, "Let not God speak to us"!! Which is exactly what 'amigo do christo' is also presenting with His intense focus on DOCTRINE"!!

So to help get him, and others because he is not alone in make this mistake of leaning on his own understanding and the understanding of other 'men's understanding' (Doctrine) instead of actually seeking the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ, I point this out to him and actually use Scriptures (because it is written that they are good for reproof) and also wisdom that the Lord personally gave to me. Yet with all his Bible thumping and focus on Doctrine, he does not of at least rarely has any Scripture to support his view, nor testimony of that The Christ has actually told Him. I mean - if indeed a person was the friend of God would they not have words that they heard from their friend, The Christ, especially since Jesus Christ is called the Word of God??? It doesn't make sense to me, because the Lord and I do talk!

For example, He once told me:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

I liked that little saying from Him, so I wrote it down and I have lots of things He told me personally - and like even some jokes, because we do sometimes share jokes with our friends. So here is a chicken joke He told me:

There were three chickens in the barnyard - a big fat chicken - a medium sized chicken - and a little bitty chicken. Which one did the fox go for?

The answer is: The one farthest from the dog, of course!

And this applies to this thread!!

There are big fat Christians (spiritually speaking) and medium size Christians (spiritually speaking) and little bitty Christians (spiritualy speaking) so which one does that Old Fox go for? The one farthest from God, of course!

Yet 'amigo de christo', and others also, tend to think that leaning on their understanding of Doctrine is what keeps them under the right being!! That as opposed to staying close to Jesus Christ, who as the Word of God is God!

So we read things like "JESUS CHRIST AND HIS DOCTRINE", and how we have to test the spirits by using our Bible, as opposed to actually testing the spirits like the Bible tells us (1Jn 4:1-3) Did he not even read a little bit of the Bible that he has put his faith in?

Does it read:

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

or

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him and His Doctrine shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Maybe it could have been written that way, but 'amigo do christo' does even know that the Doctrine of God is, so what he actually means is the doctrine he has. And it shows!

He is the Doctrine of God:

Mat 17:5 ... a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

It is the same Doctrine of God that Moses wrote about:

Deut 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

It is the one that Jesus called the 'foremost'.
Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;

It is the one that Isaiah started off with:

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.

But you see, the Lord rears up those on earth, but they don't listen to Him speaking and instead the revolt against Him and just start leaning on their own understanding.

It was the doctrine of listening to the Lord while walking and talking with Him that resulted in this verse:

Gen 5:24 Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

There was no other doctrine of men at that time!!

It was listening to the Lord that saved that drunk Noah and his family:

Gen 6:9 These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God.

He was a known drunk, but was "blameless in his time", meaning God did not find blame in him because like Enoch, Noah walked and talked with God!

And it is that Doctrine of God's that save Abram and was counted as righteousness to Him also:

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Yet though the Jews - that religious group who had their own "Doctrine". had all this written down for them to study and they still didn't understand that is was and always has been about listening the to Lord!!!

Jn 6 :63“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

It is not your precious "Doctrine" that is going to save you!! It is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is going to save you, and that comes from actually spending time walking and talking with Him, so that you hear what He has to say!!

And so it is again we find the one Doctrine of God in the Scriptures:

Is 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD,
You rulers of Sodom;
Give ear to the instruction of our God,
You people of Gomorrah.

Is 1:11 “What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?”
Says the LORD.
“I [fn]have had enough of burnt offerings of rams
And the fat of fed cattle;
And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.

Is 1:12 “When you come to appear before Me,
Who requires of you this trampling of My courts?

Is 1:13 “Bring your worthless offerings no longer,
Incense is an abomination to Me.
New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly

Is 1:14 “I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts,
They have become a burden to Me;
I am weary of bearing them.

That is what men do with their "DOCTRINES"!! And the next guy goes, 'not me' - but him too. They miss the one truly important part, which was:

"Hear the word of the LORD"

So it is not "Read the word of the Lord", but hear "The word of the Lord" just like it is explained in the Bible!

So go ahead a deceive people with your "Doctrines" while you show you don't understand!! And concerning this thread, you don't even understand that the gift of tongues was designed to get you to seek the Lord and His voice, when He has His spirit to cause a person to speak in a language that that sounds like gibberish to you!

So tongues to the believer is a sign they need to seek that small voice of the Lord to find out what the Holy Spirit is doing - but to the non-believer it is sign they don't hear from God by faith. Thus the non-believer assumes tongues maybe from the devil - and there are some writing on this thread who are like that!

Reactions: The Learner

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TIME to let GOD BE TRUE and every man a liar . TIME to stop trusting in what we think , we think , we think
we are hearing FROM GOD , THE SPIRIT ,
TIME to learn well the holy scriptures and test all men , all thoughts and all things
against THAT DOCTRINE . BIBLE UP karl and BIBLE UP ALL .

So did I give you enough "Bible Up" in the above post??

How about a testimony for you about the Lord?

I quickly check your last 14 post and only found one little set of verses from the Bible quoted by you!! And they were what I quoted to you, which was:

Prov 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

But you doubted that I hear from Him so you responded:

WE BELIEVE then its time to GET IN THE BIBLE and learn WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID

His sheep hear His voice, so we don't learn what He actually said by going to the Bible but to Him personally!!!

Did you never read:

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Yet you still think we " GET IN THE BIBLE and learn WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID"!!

That is not what is written in the Bible!! The Bible explains that the Word of God we preach is found "IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART" - so when are you going to start seeking it there??? Are you ever going to believe what is written in that Bible you say you go to so learn WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID?

This is exactly why Jesus told the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

and

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Those religious Pharisees and Sadducees had their little group of other men for support also, but it did not save them!!
They made a big deal about their Doctrines and their study of the Scriptures, but they were unwilling to go the Lord and listen to Him!
They had read the writing of Moses who explain:

Deut 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

But they didn't believe Moses and his writing!! So if you don't believe the word of God is near you and found in your mouth and in your heart, how are you going to believe His words - since His words are found near you???

You don't and you won't unless you figure out that I am actually trying to help you by explaining over and over and over that Jesus Christ is really there wanting to talk back and for with you!!!

Have you never read:

REv 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

I know you have trouble believing in Him, because He tells me to come and write and reprove you, even by using the Scriptures with are good for reproof!! Yet all that is so you might reconsider, repent, and open up to Him who is standing there always and knocking on the door to you heart with His voice!! When are you going to let Him in - so that you two can talk back and forth? That is what the Bible explains!!

He wants to talk to you personally - but you scoff, you make it about Bible thumping, you want to think a believer like me doesn't read the Bible when I use Scriptures over, over, over, and over, in hopes you will seek Him and actually listen to Him. Do you still not understand that the words in the Bible were written to everyone so they might all seek Him? So they are not what He has to say to you, but to everyone. He has words for you personally!! Did you not even read that Satan spoke words of Scripture to Jesus?? So context, timing, purpose, meaning are all of importance - so Jesus told Satan that man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God!!

The Scriptures do not have words that "proceed" out of the mouth of God but rather words that "proceeded" (past tense) out of the mouth of God!! So when it is explained that His sheep hear His voice, that means "Today" we hear words He personally has to say to us. They are words that "Proceed" out of the mouth of God to us personally "Today"!! Or did you not read:

Heb 3:7,8 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,

That day of trial in the wilderness, in case you don't know, was when He brought them to the Mountain to speak to personally speak to them from His mouth! They said:

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

Are you not being exactly like that? You are trying to get Moses to speak to you by reading your Bible, but are saying "let not God speak to us" in your heart!

So when are you going to start believing that the Lord is there with you to speak personally to you out of His mouth Today???

Though it might seem like I am being somewhat harsh, I am in fact trying to help you by getting you to believe that the Lord is really there to talk back and for with!! That is to say that I am trying to help you by hooking you up with the Helper!! He is there, Today, to guide you. It is written:

Is 30:18-20 Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice;
How blessed are all those who long for Him.
O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.
Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.
Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left

You think I have the wrong Teacher, but it is not me. The first words He told me were "Read Your Bible", and so I did and do, which explains why I use the Bible far more than you. He still has me in the Scriptures and using them, but He has me using them as He once told me, which was:

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

You have got it backwards. You are trying to use the Scriptures that the Lord gave us to preach the Scriptures in stead of the Lord!! So you wind up searching the Scriptures for eternal life instead of Him. So you don't come to Him for eternal life but think the Scriptures are Him talking to you! So even if He gets His Holy Spirit to the gift of tongues, you think it might be of the devil and never think to really talk to Jesus and listen to what He has to say when that happens. You fear the devil and so put your trust in what Moses wrote while saying in your heart "Let not God speak to us".

Change that!! Seek Jesus Christ - He is there and He is God the Son - and if you seek Him is His Father not going to give you Him and the word of God? Can you trust Him??? Did you know that the word for belief, as in whoever believes in Him, is often translated "Trust" in the Bible?

So can you put your belief/trust in Him so that you will cry out to Him and hear from Him???

Try it now! Just ask Jesus Christ something easy to believe for like: "Jesus Christ, How to you feel about me?" Then listen in your spirit and what do you pick up?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I quickly check your last 14 post and only found one little set of verses from the Bible quoted by you!! And they were what I quoted to you, which was:

His sheep hear His voice, so we don't learn what He actually said by going to the Bible but to Him personally!!!

Did you never read:

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

That is not what is written in the Bible!! The Bible explains that the Word of God we preach is found "IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART" - so when are you going to start seeking it there??? Are you ever going to believe what is written in that Bible you say you go to so learn WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID?

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

and

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

Those religious Pharisees and Sadducees had their little group of other men for support also, but it did not save them!!
They made a big deal about their Doctrines and their study of the Scriptures, but they were unwilling to go the Lord and listen to Him!

Deut 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

But they didn't believe Moses and his writing!! So if you don't believe the word of God is near you and found in your mouth and in your heart, how are you going to believe His words - since His words are found near you???

You don't and you won't unless you figure out that I am actually trying to help you by explaining over and over and over that Jesus Christ is really there wanting to talk back and for with you!!!

Have you never read:

REv 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

I know you have trouble believing in Him, because He tells me to come and write and reprove you, even by using the Scriptures with are good for reproof!! Yet all that is so you might reconsider, repent, and open up to Him who is standing there always and knocking on the door to you heart with His voice!! When are you going to let Him in - so that you two can talk back and forth? That is what the Bible explains!!

He wants to talk to you personally - but you scoff, you make it about Bible thumping, you want to think a believer like me doesn't read the Bible when I use Scriptures over, over, over, and over, in hopes you will seek Him and actually listen to Him. Do you still not understand that the words in the Bible were written to everyone so they might all seek Him? So they are not what He has to say to you, but to everyone. He has words for you personally!! Did you not even read that Satan spoke words of Scripture to Jesus?? So context, timing, purpose, meaning are all of importance - so Jesus told Satan that man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God!!

The Scriptures do not have words that "proceed" out of the mouth of God but rather words that "proceeded" (past tense) out of the mouth of God!! So when it is explained that His sheep hear His voice, that means "Today" we hear words He personally has to say to us. They are words that "Proceed" out of the mouth of God to us personally "Today"!! Or did you not read:

That day of trial in the wilderness, in case you don't know, was when He brought them to the Mountain to speak to personally speak to them from His mouth! They said:

Ex 20:19 Then they said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die.”

Are you not being exactly like that? You are trying to get Moses to speak to you by reading your Bible, but are saying "let not God speak to us" in your heart!

So when are you going to start believing that the Lord is there with you to speak personally to you out of His mouth Today???

Though it might seem like I am being somewhat harsh, I am in fact trying to help you by getting you to believe that the Lord is really there to talk back and for with!! That is to say that I am trying to help you by hooking you up with the Helper!! He is there, Today, to guide you. It is written:

O people in Zion, inhabitant in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.
Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher.
Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left

You think I have the wrong Teacher, but it is not me. The first words He told me were "Read Your Bible", and so I did and do, which explains why I use the Bible far more than you. He still has me in the Scriptures and using them, but He has me using them as He once told me, which was:

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

You have got it backwards. You are trying to use the Scriptures that the Lord gave us to preach the Scriptures in stead of the Lord!! So you wind up searching the Scriptures for eternal life instead of Him. So you don't come to Him for eternal life but think the Scriptures are Him talking to you! So even if He gets His Holy Spirit to the gift of tongues, you think it might be of the devil and never think to really talk to Jesus and listen to what He has to say when that happens. You fear the devil and so put your trust in what Moses wrote while saying in your heart "Let not God speak to us".

Change that!! Seek Jesus Christ - He is there and He is God the Son - and if you seek Him is His Father not going to give you Him and the word of God? Can you trust Him??? Did you know that the word for belief, as in whoever believes in Him, is often translated "Trust" in the Bible?

So can you put your belief/trust in Him so that you will cry out to Him and hear from Him???

Try it now! Just ask Jesus Christ something easy to believe for like: "Jesus Christ, How to you feel about me?" Then listen in your spirit and what do you pick up?
God already drew me to JESUS . He put me into the bible my friend .
many folks often cry out for wisdom , knowledge , understanding
and for some odd reason they dont seem so interested in the bible but rather what they want to hear .
Hey karl . BIBLE UP . its not gonna go away karl . BIBLE UP my friend , or just keep being decieved
by your own carnal intellectual thoughts You THINK you be hearing from GOD .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you never read:

and

Have you never read:

Here is an easy solutoin .
Go ahead karl pray about the abraham accords . let me know what gets revealed to you
and then lets see if we both come up with the same response . and if or when we dont , well WE CANT BOTH BE RIGHT
now can we . But you go ahead and let me know what you think about the abraham peace accords
about the idea it offers and what it says about jews , christains and muslims . Let me know
lets see if we get the SAME THING from the LORD . now when i answer
i will bring a LOT of scripture to back up my answer . Lets see if you can do the same .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you never read:

and

Have you never read:

Oh go ahead and pray , i will too
lets also pray concerning the Word LOVE . what is the difference between the love that cometh of the world
and the Love that cometh of GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can satan use words like love , freedom , unity , liberty
and yet being twisting them , speaking partail truths and yet using this to contradict the biblical terms of said words .
Go ahead karl pray about it and let me know . Then give me some examples of what is the difference .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God already drew me to JESUS . He put me into the bible my friend .
many folks often cry out for wisdom , knowledge , understanding
and for some odd reason they dont seem so interested in the bible but rather what they want to hear .
Hey karl . BIBLE UP . its not gonna go away karl . BIBLE UP my friend , or just keep being decieved
by your own carnal intellectual thoughts You THINK you be hearing from GOD .

In the Bible we find that as you judge so shall you be judged.

Now you believe I need to Bible up - despite the fact that I use Scriptures to make my point and to reprove what you are saying. Also despite my testimony that the first words the Lord told me were "Read Your Bible". So your conclusion is contrary to all evidence. Indeed - based on your lack of you actually using Scriptures, it should even be obvious to you that you are the one needing to "Bible UP" when posting, and so probably more often too.

But it if not about Bible thumping, but about knowing Jesus Christ personally. And so if we look at that in the posts we have made, you will find testimonies about Him from me, and many things He personally has told me. Yet in this case too we don't find any real examples, but just the statement that you know Him. In fact as can see above, you call the bible your friend???

Is not a friends someone, even a person, we spend time with? The Bible are the sacred writings. They are not alive. They are a record that God had people make for Him. They are a testimony about the Lord our God Jesus Christ, and the best part of the testimony is that we can truly get to know Him, even as a person the we spend time with!

Buy if you were indeed spending time with Him, and considering that HE, The Word of God who is alive and active, how is it you don't have testimonies about Him personally, and call the bible your friend?

Now the name you use here is 'amigo do christo', and while I don't speak Spanish I am from Southern California where so many do. So I am pretty sure that means 'The Friend of Christ'. That is awesome, except that by writing the bible is your friend, are you thinking that the bible is Christ???

It seems I need to advise you that Jesus Christ is a person, even the Son of God, and His name is called "The Word of God" (see Rev 19:13) because He owns the words of God and so He speaks those words personally to us Christans. It is written that His sheep hear His voice, and we truly do hear a voice, that small voice, speaking to us in words that we find in our mouth and in our hearts. That is explained in the Bible, right?

I mean I walk and talk with Him personally. He speaks to me! I hear Him! You indicate that you doubt it, but is that not because you don't walk and talk with Him personally, and don't hear Him speaking to you, and you doubt that is possible? I mean, if a person was to walk and talk with God, it would make an impression on them, would it not. He sure makes and impression on me, in many ways.

Indeed, He asked me to work in a Christian healing ministry for five years and while there He would personally tell me about personal things concerning others who came in for prayer. It got to the point that He was telling about more issues that needed pray for than the people themselves were telling us they wanted prayer for.

Seriously, He would tell me that someone had a problem with their knees, or something like that, and when I asked them about it they would confirm it, though it was not a request they had put down. It was almost sad at times, that people would come into that Christian healing ministry in very real pain and not think to ask for pray for healing though we were literally called a healing ministry. Instead they would come in and put down that they want prayer for a friend instead. And the Lord would tell me via that small voice of His, 'Karl, that person has a problem with their stomach." So I would ask them, they would confirm it. I would then ask them on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad was the pain, and they would tell us that the level of pain they were having right then and there was at least a 9 out of 10. So we would start praying and they would leave with little or no pain. And that happened so often that I can't remember all the times.

Yet I am not telling you to listen to Him for that reason, but for you personally! Those times in the healing ministry were incredible but I actually prefer the personal time I spend with Him. I like it when we shop together at the grocery store. It turns out that He knows what I like more than me. He taught me how to cook. I now have a way of cooking hamburgers that I call heavenly hamburgers because I learn how to make them from Him.

So I read what you write, and it seems by what you write that you don't really know Him. And at the same time He keeps telling me to go post and keep posting to you. I think He like you and really wants to get a closer more personal relationship with you, from what I hear from Him.

Did you even ask Him how He feels about you, like I last wrote you?

In that Christian healing ministry we sooooo often got Christians coming in that hardly knew Him. Like that lady who had been in a Chistian church in town for thirty-five years and had been that church's secretary much of time, but she had never heard the small voice of the Lord. She had come in because she had a problem with her shoulder. My wife prayed for it and the Lord healed it. And then the Lord told me that she had never heard His voice. So I asked her, and it turned out that indeed she never had. She had heard around the church how some did, but she had never heard it. So I asked her to pray that same thing I suggested you try, and she tried it right then and heard her Lord Jesus Christ for the first time in her life. And this was not a rare thing in that Christian healing ministry!

People - if you know the Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ, and indeed spend time with Him, you will truly become His friend because He is a person and He wants to spend time with you personally!! And when that happens, you will truly know Him as the person that He is, even the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. And so I am telling you factually, that if you do know Him you won't be calling the Bible your friend because the Bible is not a person!!!

• Sad
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible we find that as you judge so shall you be judged.

Now you believe I need to Bible up - despite the fact that I use Scriptures to make my point and to reprove what you are saying. Also despite my testimony that the first words the Lord told me were "Read Your Bible". So your conclusion is contrary to all evidence. Indeed - based on your lack of you actually using Scriptures, it should even be obvious to you that you are the one needing to "Bible UP" when posting, and so probably more often too.

But it if not about Bible thumping, but about knowing Jesus Christ personally. And so if we look at that in the posts we have made, you will find testimonies about Him from me, and many things He personally has told me. Yet in this case too we don't find any real examples, but just the statement that you know Him. In fact as can see above, you call the bible your friend???

Is not a friends someone, even a person, we spend time with? The Bible are the sacred writings. They are not alive. They are a record that God had people make for Him. They are a testimony about the Lord our God Jesus Christ, and the best part of the testimony is that we can truly get to know Him, even as a person the we spend time with!

Buy if you were indeed spending time with Him, and considering that HE, The Word of God who is alive and active, how is it you don't have testimonies about Him personally, and call the bible your friend?

Now the name you use here is 'amigo do christo', and while I don't speak Spanish I am from Southern California where so many do. So I am pretty sure that means 'The Friend of Christ'. That is awesome, except that by writing the bible is your friend, are you thinking that the bible is Christ???

It seems I need to advise you that Jesus Christ is a person, even the Son of God, and His name is called "The Word of God" (see Rev 19:13) because He owns the words of God and so He speaks those words personally to us Christans. It is written that His sheep hear His voice, and we truly do hear a voice, that small voice, speaking to us in words that we find in our mouth and in our hearts. That is explained in the Bible, right?

I mean I walk and talk with Him personally. He speaks to me! I hear Him! You indicate that you doubt it, but is that not because you don't walk and talk with Him personally, and don't hear Him speaking to you, and you doubt that is possible? I mean, if a person was to walk and talk with God, it would make an impression on them, would it not. He sure makes and impression on me, in many ways.

Indeed, He asked me to work in a Christian healing ministry for five years and while there He would personally tell me about personal things concerning others who came in for prayer. It got to the point that He was telling about more issues that needed pray for than the people themselves were telling us they wanted prayer for.

Seriously, He would tell me that someone had a problem with their knees, or something like that, and when I asked them about it they would confirm it, though it was not a request they had put down. It was almost sad at times, that people would come into that Christian healing ministry in very real pain and not think to ask for pray for healing though we were literally called a healing ministry. Instead they would come in and put down that they want prayer for a friend instead. And the Lord would tell me via that small voice of His, 'Karl, that person has a problem with their stomach." So I would ask them, they would confirm it. I would then ask them on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad was the pain, and they would tell us that the level of pain they were having right then and there was at least a 9 out of 10. So we would start praying and they would leave with little or no pain. And that happened so often that I can't remember all the times.

Yet I am not telling you to listen to Him for that reason, but for you personally! Those times in the healing ministry were incredible but I actually prefer the personal time I spend with Him. I like it when we shop together at the grocery store. It turns out that He knows what I like more than me. He taught me how to cook. I now have a way of cooking hamburgers that I call heavenly hamburgers because I learn how to make them from Him.

So I read what you write, and it seems by what you write that you don't really know Him. And at the same time He keeps telling me to go post and keep posting to you. I think He like you and really wants to get a closer more personal relationship with you, from what I hear from Him.

Did you even ask Him how He feels about you, like I last wrote you?

In that Christian healing ministry we sooooo often got Christians coming in that hardly knew Him. Like that lady who had been in a Chistian church in town for thirty-five years and had been that church's secretary much of time, but she had never heard the small voice of the Lord. She had come in because she had a problem with her shoulder. My wife prayed for it and the Lord healed it. And then the Lord told me that she had never heard His voice. So I asked her, and it turned out that indeed she never had. She had heard around the church how some did, but she had never heard it. So I asked her to pray that same thing I suggested you try, and she tried it right then and heard her Lord Jesus Christ for the first time in her life. And this was not a rare thing in that Christian healing ministry!

People - if you know the Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ, and indeed spend time with Him, you will truly become His friend because He is a person and He wants to spend time with you personally!! And when that happens, you will truly know Him as the person that He is, even the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. And so I am telling you factually, that if you do know Him you won't be calling the Bible your friend because the Bible is not a person!!!
it aint me JUDGING the WORD and words of GOD and acting as though its more important we just hear a voice
and yet that voice CONTRADICTS the INSPIRED words o GOD .
IT aint me doing that my friend . ITS YOU . you should have said THIS
YES GOD CAN AND DOES SPEAK TO US and YES WE DO NEED TO LISTEN
but TEST ALL THAT YOU HEAR against that which is ALREADY WRITTEN and make sure you are DAILY IN THE BIBLE to learn and to grow .
BUT THAT AINT YOUR MESSAGE is it karl .
So allow another question
DO you believe the muslims worship the same GOD we do
DO you believe that there are GOOD people in every religoin .
IF SO beware . because there is NONE who is GOOD
and mans heart , the very heart that people often say YOU DONT KNOW THEIR HEARTS ,
IS EVIL FROM HIS YOUTH UP . GUESS what that means KARL .
THERE IS NONE WHO IS GOOD , THAT ALL OF MAN KIND , HIS or HER HEART IS EVIL FROM THEIR YOUTH UP
THAT MEANS EVERYONE NEEDS TO BELEIVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST pard .
BELIEVEST THOU THIS . or do you follow a social incluisive rainbow accepting many path accepting go spell of another love .
IF SO , YA AINT HEARING FROM GOD AT ALL , just a god who has come in his own name
TO GATHER ALL under IT , as god . and it knows how to say GOD IS LOVE too . it knows how to gather to seduce
all into a lie that it calleth love . watch OUT .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it aint me JUDGING the WORD and words of GOD and acting as though its more important we just hear a voice
but TEST ALL THAT YOU HEAR against that which is ALREADY WRITTEN and make sure you are DAILY IN THE BIBLE to learn and to grow .
and mans heart , the very heart that people often say YOU DONT KNOW THEIR HEARTS ,
THERE IS NONE WHO IS GOOD , THAT ALL OF MAN KIND , HIS or HER HEART IS EVIL FROM THEIR YOUTH UP
BELIEVEST THOU THIS . or do you follow a social incluisive rainbow accepting many path accepting go spell of another love .
IF SO , YA AINT HEARING FROM GOD AT ALL , just a god who has come in his own name
TO GATHER ALL under IT , as god . and it knows how to say GOD IS LOVE too . it knows how to gather to seduce
save-image.png

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The important thing is to know Jesus Christ!!

And if you know Jesus Christ you will know the He is the Word of God! That is His name! And He is called the Word of God because He has the words of God! They, along with all things, were given to Him by His Father!

Now He does not judge anyone, but as He hears (not reads by hears) He judges! Which of course makes sense because He was given the words of God by His Father who speaks to Him. Therefore you thinking that the Bible (as the Word) is wrong, but knowing Jesus Christ as the Word of God is right, and that is what the Bible explains. But with all the bluster, I don't see where you back up what you write with the Bible, which is good for reproof, teaching, and correction. So let me reprove you by using the very Bible you are putting you faith in, to back up what I just explained.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

In the above verse it is clear that "He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood! The Bible, as writings, does is not a 'He", nor wears a robe, nor is dipped in blood - so it is that His name is called The Word of God - but you have given that name to the Scriptures. The Greek word for Scriptures is Graph and is never translated as Word in your Bible!! So if write "WORD" to mean the Sacred Writings (Bible/Scriptures) you don't match up with the Bible!

You can see this in other verses too, but you apparently didn't study the Bible or get understanding from God, and of course Understanding comes from His mouth, not your leaning on your own understanding!

So let me just prove that from the Bible, and thus reprove you with the Scriptures:

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding
Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

So Jesus is named "The Word of God"- of course that is written in Revelation - so it is apparently a revelation for many and so not surprising that it might be a revelation to you too. And so Jesus is the Word that took on flesh and went to the cross, which happens to be the way to test the spirits (1 Jn 4:2,3 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist....) So a spirit telling you that the Word is the Bible and not the Jesus Christ is not the Word who wears the robe dipped in blood, is not confessing that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh! It is a very clever trick the spirit of the antichrist uses!

And it is the word of the Lord (Word of God) coming and speaking to us personally and our believing that we hear Him which is counted to us as "righteousness" (as seen in Gen 15

Gen 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Now you asked a question, which unlike the few questions I have asked you, like 'did you ask the Lord Jesus Christ how He felt about you and listen to Him?' I will answer the questions you had above "DO you believe the muslims worship the same GOD we do
DO you believe that there are GOOD people in every religoin ."

Now I think you mean Muslims, and religion, but I make lots of grammar and spelling mistake also. I don't think Muslims in general make it about seeking the voice of the Lord anymore that you do, and probably even less, and probably a lot less! Certainly the basic ideas behind Christianity, following Jesus Christ and being saved by faith in Him, is correct, as are the Sacred Writings (The Bible) Indeed Abram heard from the Lord and followed Him and His voice, as did Moses, Noah, and all those wonderful people we read about in the Bible, even when they didn't have the Scriptures, but you don't - even according to your own testimony. So is it possible that a person brought up in a Muslim nation starts actually seeking the Lord, like Abram, Noah, and Moses, and find Him?

Have you not read the Bible?

Act 10:35 but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him.
Rev 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;

Did you not even read that He is over all things?

Ps 2:8 ‘Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance,
And the very ends of the earth as Your possession.

So do I believe there will be people from Muslim nations? Yes, of course! The Bible is right, but some claiming to read and study the Bible don't have understanding because Understanding comes from His voice not by leaning own their own understanding of the Bible!

That is why it is written of the Scriptures"
2 Tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Do you not read the "able to give you the wisdom" - so it doesn't read that they do but they are able to! Wisdom BTW is often used as the name of the Holy Spirit! You can see that in Prov 2:6 which I gave you above!

Prov 2:6 Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

The above verse could read For the LORD gives the Holy Spirit; and From His mouth come the Father and the Son Jesus Christ - but maybe you don't know the sayings of the wise because you don't listen to Wisdom who gives you the words of Understand who has the Word of His Father?

Prov 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction, To discern the sayings of understanding,

The above verse and saying could have been written: 'To know the Holy Spirit and instruction, To discern the saying of Jesus Christ.

That that is also explained, and perhaps clearer in the following:

Jn 16:13-15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
“All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

In the above do you not read that the all things the Father has are belong to Jesus Christ?? That would include the words of God. And so do you not also read His Spirit - the Spirit of truth and we know that Jesus Christ is the Truth (or do I need to point to that verse too?) comes to us! And He speaks but the Spirit does not speak on His own initiative, but "whatever He hears, He will speak". Essentially the Holy Spirit acts like a living telephone line or perhaps a "live stream" to Jesus Christ. But to receive that "live stream" you actually have to hear! Your reading 2000 year old writings, even the 'Sacred Writings', does not save you nor even give you the understanding need to know what the writings mean!

And this is why Jesus told the Jews:

And that is clearly where you currently are at, since you think the Bible is the Word of God instead of Jesus Christ! And because you think it is reading the Bible as opposed to hearing the voice of the Lord, via the Holy Spirit, that is the important thing!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

It is not the Bible but the words from the Holy Spirit that give you life. Yes, those who wrote the Scriptures had heard the Lord via the Holy Spirit, but them hearing the Holy Spirit is not you hearing the Holy Spirit. Them knowing Jesus Christ personally and walking and talking with Him is not you hearing the Holy Spirit and walking and talking with Him personally!!!

continued below:

• Love

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which brings me back to the second question you had: "DO you believe that there are GOOD people in every religoin?"

Of course not!! Have you not even read that only God is good???

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

People are not "good"!! We might be able to perform a "good" act if we listen to God who alone is good, and do what He tells us, but "No one is good except God along!!! The Scriptures are right, but you don't understand them and will not unless you actually start listening to our Lord Jesus Christ - who like I mentioned, is often called Understanding!

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister, And call understanding your intimate friend;

Now by the name you use on this site, it would seem you call understanding your friend, but you also called the Bible your friend, remember? So He is certainly not your "intimate friend" or you would understand that He alone is good, For us He reproves us and teaches us! but you have to repent of you evil ways!! Then the good news that we can walk and talk with Him becomes clear.

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

So when are you going to realize that only God is good so that you repent and open up to Him who is just standing there trying to get you to listen to Him?

Sadly there are too many Christians you are Bible thumpers, but they don't listen to Jesus Christ and so don't know Him. Maybe they heard Him once or twice, even maybe now and then, but they are not hearing from Him on those days called Today! So they spend their time leaning on their own understanding. We all do that some, but Today we should get away from that at times! When you read your Bible do you really listen to Him?

And so it is that we can even find people who say they are the friend of God then come back saying the Bible is their friend. We find Christians you think knowing the Bible is the single most important thing, as opposed to knowing Jesus Christ. We find Christians you think they are good instead of thinking that only God is good, and that thinking that they are good results in leaning on your own understanding instead of seeing the need to seek out Jesus Christ and listen to Him. They don't even seek Him out when reading their Bible, so they don't have a "Good" understanding even of the Bible. They don't get the revelation that Jesus Christ is the Word of God - it is His name - as clearly explained in the Bible, but they call the Scriptures the Word of God. And that because they are saying in their hearts the Jesus Christ is either still dead or in some far away place called heaven. They just don't understand that the Word of God (Jesus Christ personally speaking to us) that we preach is found near us, in our mouths and hearts! They just don't get it, even if they read and study the Bible!

So the preach the Bible instead of Jesus Christ and Him speaking to us personally, as the Word of God. They are not an intimate friend of Understanding! Have they ever even heard from Him, or have they just been pretending because they read about Him?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think I responded to the above question yet -

The answer is close, but is not the Word of God we are preaching - according to the bible!!!

We are not 'Bible Thumpers', but Christians - or did you not notice?

So we do not follow the Bible but Jesus Christ!

Now as the Teacher, it is not surprising that He asks us to read His Textbook - the Bible - but is it about reading from the Bible on everyday called "Today" like amigo do christo suggest, or is it about hearing the voice of God who not only can and does speak to us, but said that He would be rather upset if we did not listen to Him Today!

Heb 3: 7-11Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
WHERE YOUR FATHERS TRIED Me BY TESTING Me,
AND SAW MY WORKS FOR FORTY YEARS.
“THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’;
AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH,
‘THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST.’”

And don't think I 'capitalized' the above verses, but the above is found in the Bible I copied and pasted from. So what you don't find capitalized in the Bible is "make sure you are DAILY IN THE BIBLE" - as you wrote!!

So then you are not the one who " TEST ALL THAT YOU HEAR against that which is ALREADY WRITTEN" - as you put it. Indeed, when are we going to find a scripture posted by you to support what you are writing?????

Is it not clear that when the Lord explained that as you judge so shall you be judge is already applying to you?

Is it not clear, even to you if you would consider it, that it is not me who does not test the spirits but you! And that it is not me who is not listening to the Lord daily and talking to Him about the Bibel and other things, but you. You are putting your faith in the Bible, are you not? And that instead of seeking the voice of the Lord daily, like Today - is that the case?

Why is it we don't find testimonies about what the Lord tells you, and why do we not find support even in the scriptures? Why did you write that the Bible was your friend, when a friend is a person, not a book? Is that not making an idol out of the Bible?

Now you liked a post above which quoted Jn 1:1, and the verse of course is correct. But you have used "The Word" to mean the Scriptures have you not? And Jn 1:2 reads "He was in the beginning with God."

I would have put in a like for Jn 1:1, because it is a favorite verse of mine, but not when used out of context. And the context at this point on this thread is that the Word of God is Jesus Christ, a person, and not a book! So Jn 1:2 was needed and left out!

Do you even know how the Bible tells you to test the spirits??? And if so, have you ever applied it?? To do so you have to actually be able to listen to the spirits, right? But let me help you by showing you what the Bible actually has on this:

1 Jn 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

So to test the spirits according to how we are told to do so in the Bible, you have to be adept at actually hearing with your spiritual ears. That is not the same as reading your Bible, but is obtained by practicing using your spiritual senses - meaning practicing hearing with your spiritual ears, not practice of using you physical eyes by reading. And that is backed up with this verse:

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

If indeed, you are actually reading your bible daily, how did you not come to understand and read the above?

Is it not like Jesus told the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

The Jews back then, practiced reading and searching the Scriptures, but they did not come to Jesus Christ so they might have life. So they didn't know the Teacher - even when He was standing right in front of them! Of course that was not all of them, because a few did. Anna and Simeon both knew who is was even though He appear was just a little child. But those many Pharisees, Sadducees, and the Jews in general did not know Him - thought they were about reading and studying the Bible following the traditions of the day. Does that remind us of what we find today?

Indeed, if you really believe, and really know about hearing from the Lord Today, why is it your great interests is about reading the Bible instead of using the Bible to tell people about Him???

His Holy Spirit once told me:

Yet that is not you, is it? You are not using the Scriptures to preach Jesus Christ and listening to Him, you are using the Scriptures to preach the Scriptures and reading them daily! So what spirit is behind that message? Is it not the same religious spirit that was behind getting the Jews to search the Scriptures thinking in them they would get eternal life, as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ?

I was also told:

WE DON’T HAVE UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE WE DON’T READ THE BIBLE WITH UNDERSTANDING, BUT OUR UNDERSTANDING…. UNDERSTAND???

So then are you going to be able to test the spirits and figure out what spirit is talking to you by leaning on your own understanding of the Scriptures?

Another thing He told me was:

YOU DIDN’T MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD, BUT YOU CAN MAKE ME AN AWESOME GOD.

Are you trying to make Him and AWESOME GOD, by telling people about Him or are you trying to make the Scriptures and AWESOM GOD, by telling people about them. Is your God a person whom you have come to know personally, or a book of sacred writings. Your name of this forum is amigo de christo but you wrote on this tread that the Bible was your friend? So then you think christo is the Bible??? That would explain why you think the Bible is the Word of God instead of the person of Jesus Christ. You have your own replacement theory, that the Bible replaces Jesus Christ hear on earth? So the Word of God you preach is in the Bible, and not found in our mouth and hearts?

So concerning " GOD CAN AND DOES SPEAK TO US and YES WE DO NEED TO LISTEN" - that is 100% correct, but do you believe in Him who speaks?

And concerning "TEST ALL THAT YOU HEAR against that which is ALREADY WRITTEN and make sure you are DAILY IN THE BIBLE to learn and to grow", is absolutely incorrect!!

If we are putting our faith in Jesus Christ, then we are taking our thoughts captive to Him!! We are seeking Him, and listening to Him by faith, and because of out faith in Him, Jesus Christ!! Our faith is not in the Bible, but in Him according to what is written in the Bible! Do get that backwards mean we are leaning on our own understanding and not believing the Jesus Christ is indeed there for us. So we test the spirit by finding out if they confess Jesus Christ, as in Him going to the cross and being resurrected so that He is still King over the Kingdom of God which is in out midst! That is how you test a spirit you are hearing from, not by leaning on your own understanding of the Bible! And that is what the Bible explains, and your failure to understand and follow the instructions, even those in the Bible show that you are leaning on your own understanding, and you don't believe in Jesus Christ nor even the writings!!

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him,
And their time of punishment would be forever.

But don't blame the Lord! He made this all clear in the Bible!

Ps 81:13 “Oh that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!

If you indeed knew Him, you would understand how much He truly wishes His people would listen to Him!!!
The reason I write, and spend much time telling people to listen to Him, is because I do hear from Him and do know how much the above verse represents His feelings!!! And you worry so much about the enemy - check out the verse in between the 2 verses above:

Ps 81:14 “I would quickly subdue their enemies
And turn My hand against their adversaries.

If indeed you were to seek Him and listen to Him, and make is about that "daily" - meaning those days called Today - He personally would "quickly" subdue your enemies, and turn His hand against your adversaries. But you don't even understand that, nor did you find that out by reading your Bible with your own understanding!!

Christians, real Christians, are those pointing you to Jesus Christ as Lord!! They use the bible to do that, but they know it is not about the Bible but about listening to their Lord!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this thread was about tongues being from the Enemy - those dark spiritual forces we battle with. That really doesn't make sense. It is not that the enemy would try to fool or trick someone, but that as Christians we can take out thoughts and what is happening to Jesus Christ and get out answers in our own personal language! So if Satan and his were trying to make you talk in a language you don't understand are you not going to then seek the Word of God (Jesus Christ) and ask Him about it and then listen to Him? You will and do if indeed you are a believer in Him, the Omni-present All Mighty God!

Therefore the gift of tongues was specifically design my God to get you to personally talk to the Word of God (Jesus Christ) and hear what He has to say via His Holy Spirit!

And that explains why all the devote believers in Acts 2 were hearing what was being said in their own language!! The devote believer's get the interpretation from the Holy Spirit who speaks the words of Jesus Christ to our spirit!!

Yet there also were those in the city of God who were saying, "Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine."

So it is that there are those here on this forum who are mocking and thinking that people speaking in tongued are from the devil, like some new age spirit, or could be. And so they lean on their own understanding instead of being devoted to our Lord Jesus Christ and seeking Him for what He has to say!