Homosexual Church Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
morality has clearly loosened in society towards "fornicators" as well, and seems to be gradually slackening towards virtually everything else.

The argument relegates God's sense of morality to that of culture.

Good passage

It's not simply a matter of morality, but custom as well. I may have mentioned it before in another thread, but the history of Great Britain is truly amazing. At one time, monarchs greeted each other by copulating. In other words, a king or prince would greet a queen or princess by copulating with them. It was essentially equivalent to our custom of shaking hands.

The Catholic church has been especially proactive in conversion, so we see this phenomenon all over. Down in south America there are a number of Catholic churches where the local customs, rites, ceremonies, superstitions are left in place, so much so that most Catholics would never recognize them as Catholic churches at all.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And You are giving them licence.

If God gave the Law it was for our own good, because without it you would be dead, such needed the Law to bring them to Jesus.
Jesus never got rid of the Law, not one jot !

Take away modern tec in medical progress and see how modern society will crash, prevention is always better than the cure, but people nowadays are so childish that they claim ok well I just go see the doc and be cured. and here it is nowadays look at all the fools who think ok there will be a cure for AIDS soon, so all is ok and not to mention that the law has been changed that if you give another AIDS it's not a crime any more, because it's not a death sentence as one can live with such for many years now. not to mention freely spread it around at will.

Scriptures condemn all such in fact, it's only modern day dolts that are peddling scriptures in ignorance of the Light.
A father or mother who loves their children does not say, it's ok abuse others, or let other degenerates abuse them. so dad gets a knock on the door and some slob says hi I am here to abuse your daughter. well such a one would be punched in the face directly all through history, but for nowadays all is ok !
Or a School insist on brainwashing all the children with modern day gender freak show lies and depravity that will destroy a whole generation that is so messed up that it will be a total disaster. no one will have any virtue worth talking about.
A social gospel is all that is being peddled in the Churches nowadays and controlled by the Government who is there god. Political Correctness over rules the Church nowadays and not to mention that it's a Slave to such.

I just read an article about a man who was sentenced to eight YEARS for defending is daughter from a pedophile. That's the country Christians are living in today.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If God gave the Law it was for our own good, because without it you would be dead, such needed the Law to bring them to Jesus.
Jesus never got rid of the Law, not one jot !

You're conflating the commandments with the law "that was added because of transgression". The law that was given for our benefit is the commandments of God. Keep them and we live. That's all true, but when you then say "such needed the Law to bring them to Jesus", that is not referring to the commandments at all, but to the sacrificial system. The sacrificial system points to Christ's sacrifice.

Then when you say that Jesus never got rid of the law, that is also a reference to the commandments, but not to the sacrificial system which is done away with by Christ's sacrifice. These two aspects of the law need to be distinguished otherwise people begin to conflate them without even knowing that they're doing it.

Take away modern tec in medical progress and see how modern society will crash,

Either way, modern society is destined to crash. Modern tech and medicine is a recipe for disaster, and death. Western medicine is owned by Big Pharma which has the shareholder as their primary fiduciary responsibility.

prevention is always better than the cure, but people nowadays are so childish that they claim ok well I just go see the doc and be cured.

This is the result of extremely effective advertising that has been perfected over the last 100 years. There's a great documentary online called "The Century of Self". It's long, but well worth the time.

and here it is nowadays look at all the fools who think ok there will be a cure for AIDS soon, so all is ok

There are some unbelievable concoctions out now that people with full blown AIDS are taking to extend their lives. I can remember reading about people with full blown AIDS selling the fact to those who are so twisted that they wanted to contract AIDS through unprotected anal sex. That was over 30 years ago.

and not to mention that the law has been changed that if you give another AIDS it's not a crime any more, because it's not a death sentence as one can live with such for many years now. not to mention freely spread it around at will.

There was a study done about 30 or 40 years ago, where they discovered that there are people who can carry the AIDS antibodies, but will never contract the disease. What they discovered was that these people were all descendants of survivors of the Black Death. They just have a superior immune system. Do you want to know who a lot of these people are? They're observant Jews with names like Cohen, Levine, Levitt, etc. They followed the Holiness code, and were benefited with superior health benefits.

Think about it. What do you care if you have an immune system that could kill a pig? Let the homosexuals, and anyone else who is dumb enough to ignore God's laws do their thing. They're just going to exterminate themselves and leave all their stuff to me.

People like to claim it's a Jewish conspiracy, but it's really about people that are too stupid to know that no one is putting a gun to their head to borrow money at interest, or engage in deviant sexual behavior, or eat garbage that God explicitly refers to as "an abomination" because it is absolutely detestable.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're conflating the commandments with the law "that was added because of transgression". The law that was given for our benefit is the commandments of God. Keep them and we live. That's all true, but when you then say "such needed the Law to bring them to Jesus", that is not referring to the commandments at all, but to the sacrificial system. The sacrificial system points to Christ's sacrifice.

Then when you say that Jesus never got rid of the law, that is also a reference to the commandments, but not to the sacrificial system which is done away with by Christ's sacrifice. These two aspects of the law need to be distinguished otherwise people begin to conflate them without even knowing that they're doing it.

Either way, modern society is destined to crash. Modern tech and medicine is a recipe for disaster, and death. Western medicine is owned by Big Pharma which has the shareholder as their primary fiduciary responsibility.

This is the result of extremely effective advertising that has been perfected over the last 100 years. There's a great documentary online called "The Century of Self". It's long, but well worth the time.

There are some unbelievable concoctions out now that people with full blown AIDS are taking to extend their lives. I can remember reading about people with full blown AIDS selling the fact to those who are so twisted that they wanted to contract AIDS through unprotected anal sex. That was over 30 years ago.

There was a study done about 30 or 40 years ago, where they discovered that there are people who can carry the AIDS antibodies, but will never contract the disease. What they discovered was that these people were all descendants of survivors of the Black Death. They just have a superior immune system. Do you want to know who a lot of these people are? They're observant Jews with names like Cohen, Levine, Levitt, etc. They followed the Holiness code, and were benefited with superior health benefits.

Think about it. What do you care if you have an immune system that could kill a pig? Let the homosexuals, and anyone else who is dumb enough to ignore God's laws do their thing. They're just going to exterminate themselves and leave all their stuff to me.

People like to claim it's a Jewish conspiracy, but it's really about people that are too stupid to know that no one is putting a gun to their head to borrow money at interest, or engage in deviant sexual behavior, or eat garbage that God explicitly refers to as "an abomination" because it is absolutely detestable.
Most of what you say is totally contradictory, one minute your posting about how this world is crap and the next minute you speak of how your performing all the dietary laws so you can stay here as long as possible. You think maybe you just seek to save your life?

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, guys. This is an apologetics thread. That means you're supposed to give a scriptural defense for what you would say or do.

Thanks for the responses.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

I agree with Homosexuality being a sin. I would just like to also include Obesity is very much a Sin also. Unless there is a serious medical problem, which I can't think of one at the moment (there is exercise, medicine and smaller proportions, healthier foods for that) , everyone should be good stewards of their temple (their physical body). EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT! I understand how very Political the debate is over homosexuality in America and all over the world. I don't have or know all the answers. Some say they are genetically prepositioned for being homosexual? I hear the same for Obesity. My point is we can argue as Christians that Homosexuality is a Sin, but let's not make other sins, that we all are guilty of, seem much less. We love to point fingers, have debates on the Hot Political Topics that top the Charts. However, as a HealthCare Professional, I worry more about the Gluttony inclusive Churches and Congregations, that do not preach against it, which way out numbers LBGQT inclusive Churches in America and around the world. I am not trying to be insensitive. Please forgive me if I offend anyone. Just try to understand that we do not need to be blinded by sin, even our own sin, by focussing so much on the Hot Political Topics of our times. Satan loves distraction!!!!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, as a HealthCare Professional, I worry more about the Gluttony inclusive Churches and Congregations,

I think this may be more a symptom of not teaching fasting as a Christian discipline that ought to be observed often. Even I am 30-40+ lbs. overweight, and I fast on a semi-regular basis.

But yes, it bothers me too, though I would not exclude anyone on the basis of their weight.

Reactions: jshiii

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Most of what you say is totally contradictory, one minute your posting about how this world is crap and the next minute you speak of how your performing all the dietary laws so you can stay here as long as possible. You think maybe you just seek to save your life?

What in the name of Tartarus are you talking about? I'm the only one here who isn't contradicting themselves. I just posted a thread distinguishing between the commandments and the law "that was added because of transgressions". Some people will never bother to look at it because they simply can't get beyond their own Satanic inculcation.

Only those who keep the commandments will ever be able to understand that they're just plain common sense. Those who don't will never have plain old common sense. Just pointless theories with no praxis whatsoever.

I just heard an atheist make the same argument you just did, he simply pointed out that you might as well just pop a cap in your head if you're serious about getting to heaven. What's the point in sticking around this hell hole, right? I recommend a sawed off 12 gauge, double barrel with split double ought buck up through the jaw so that one can get one hemisphere with each barrel.

Of course that's only for those who sought to save their own life. The rest cast it aside as trash long ago when they all started fornicating like mad, stealing, lying, etc. Isn't that what you're suggesting? Why not just eat junk food for the rest of one's miserable life, right? Wrong. Just because one has counted their life as nothing, it doesn't then follow that they will then defile this temple God has entrusted to us for our journey through this fallen world which is rapidly passing away.

No one is justified by keeping one jot or title of the law. It doesn't then follow that the law is done away with. The purpose of the law was never to justify anyone. It's just common sense to those who have enough sense to do the right thing for it's own sake. If that's not good enough for you, just do it for Christ's sake.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think this may be more a symptom of not teaching fasting as a Christian discipline that ought to be observed often. Even I am 30-40+ lbs. overweight, and I fast on a semi-regular basis.

But yes, it bothers me too, though I would not exclude anyone on the basis of their weight.

If you're not eating responsibibly, fasting will never allow you to lose weight. In fact, it will only cause your body to hold onto fat all the more when you resume eating. I can fast for over two weeks, probably longer with no ill effects whatsoever. I can only do that because I don't eat garbage. I eat nothing processed, or even packaged any more. If you eat the standard American diet, you would probably exhibit signs of poisoning within just a few days of fasting. Within two weeks most Americans would be dead from all the toxins that would be released into their system.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I worry more about the Gluttony inclusive Churches and Congregations, that do not preach against it, which way out numbers LBGQT inclusive Churches in America and around the world. we do not need to be blinded by sin, even our own sin, by focussing so much on the Hot Political Topics of our times.

Excellent points!!! It's like the churches have squinted at the gnat of LGBTQRST while swallowing the camel of shoving whatever feels good into their food hole.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not eating responsibibly, fasting will never allow you to lose weight. In fact, it will only cause your body to hold onto fat all the more when you resume eating.

Yeah. I have not yet developed the habit of eating responsibly when I'm not fasting. I tend to eat like a horse, for pleasure.

I don't actually fast to lose weight. I fast for spiritual reasons. But I don't like being overweight for my size (I'm 5'10" and 230). I consider it to be undisciplined. I do plan on getting there, however. I just have some other things I've been concentrating on lately.

God bless on this. I do need the encouragement to keep going in the right direction.
I can fast for over two weeks, probably longer with no ill effects whatsoever. I can only do that because I don't eat garbage. I eat nothing processed, or even packaged any more.

Yep. I still eat fast food, oversized meals, etc. For me, the power to fast is directly tied to how much time I'm spending with God, and I've been caught up in some house projects that needed getting done. But I'm hoping to go on another long fast after the new year starts.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yeah. I have not yet developed the habit of eating responsibly when I'm not fasting. I tend to eat like a horse, for pleasure.

It really isn't about how much one eats, it's about WHAT you're eating. If you eat healthy, you can eat until you're stuffed, and you will never gain weight. I used to obsess over food. I lived to eat, but had to work out all the time just so I could eat whatever I wanted. It was too much work for someone eating junk.

I don't actually fast to lose weight. I fast for spiritual reasons.

Doesn't matter why you're fasting. Your body will instantly go into famine mode, and turn as much of what it can into fat after you resume eating.

But I don't like being overweight for my size (I'm 5'10" and 230).

I'm 6'1", and used to be over 300 lbs. I lost 150 lbs. in less than seven months, and I did it without working out, running, etc. I just stopped eating garbage, and started eating wholesome food. The first week is the worst, but it gets easier after that until I wouldn't go back to eating that crap if you paid me.

I consider it to be undisciplined. I do plan on getting there, however. I just have some other things I've been concentrating on lately.

It's addiction. It's the exact same receptors in the brain that are affected with any and all drugs. It has nothing to do with discipline. That's just the addictive mind talking. I used to be hooked on just about everything, and I would tell myself the EXACT same things. I did that for over a decade.

God bless on this. I do need the encouragement to keep going in the right direction.

If you can cut out wheat, corn, flour, dairy, white rice, fruit juices, any dehydrated fruits, or anything that has been processed, or refined, then you can eat as much as you please, and you will lose weight effortlessly. There's a learning curve, but the simplest rule of thumb is to simply stick to the produce section of the grocery store. Don't eat anything that has an ingredient you don't know exactly what it is, or what it does.

Yep. I still eat fast food, oversized meals, etc. For me, the power to fast is directly tied to how much time I'm spending with God, and I've been caught up in some house projects that needed getting done. But I'm hoping to go on another long fast after the new year starts.

Convenience is a huge factor. I cook large quantities of food at one time which allows me to get all sorts of big jobs done, and eat responsibly all the time because I can simply take it out of the fridge, and heat it up while I'm taking a shower, taking out the trash, etc. A few minutes later my breakfast, lunch, or dinner is ready. This is a life saver if you're beat from working all day long, and just want to get something quick and easy. I eat my own homemade fast food.

Believe me, I know exactly where you're at right now. The hardest part is just getting some simple recipes copied down, and buying the ingredients. I've got it down to a science.

Here's just a sample of what I do:

Breakfast: Beat a dozen eggs in bowl; then add 1 cup of rolled oats; 1 cup of oat bran; 1/2 cup of nonfat dry milk; one can of crushed pineapple in water (NOT heavy syrup); a tablespoon of cinnamon; mix, pour into corningware dish, and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with coconut oil Feeds 4, or four meals.

It takes me about five minutes to mix that stuff up and get it into the oven, then I'm out working in the yard for the next 30 minutes. It tastes just like a thick stack of pancakes. The first couple of weeks I added saccharine to the mix. About 10 drops of this stuff that is seriously potent. I weened myself off it in about a month. It's seriously bad stuff, but it's not addictive like sugar.

Here's dinner: 4 of those cheap frozen spinach, or broccoli boxes; a 2 lbs. bag of frozen cod, tilapia, salmon, etc. place in broaster pan, and cook at 400 for 20 minutes, pull out and add 20 beat eggs, a few cans of whatever you got in the fridge or panty. I usually toss in a few cans of mushroom, olives, beans, a jar of pasta sauce, and cook for an hour. I scoop out enough to fill one of those 3" high 6" x 6" corningware bowls, and top with cut up iceberg lettuce that I"ve mixed with a couple spoonsful of Dukes mayo, and Pace chunky salsa. It tastes just like a crunchy Mexican dish. if I run out of the lettuce toping, I just mix in some Duke's mayo and salsa, and eat it cold. That usually lasts a couple weeks.

Right before bed: I open a 1.5 lbs. container of Friendship brand nonfat cottage cheese, and scoop out half to put into an empty Friendship cottage cheese container, then I add half a can of chilled pineapple chunks to each container, mix, and eat right before going to bed.

Friendship is the only brand that I know of that doesn't include whey in their cottage cheese. Whey is sugar. As counterintuitive as it may seem, this delicious concoction jump starts your metabolism, and actually causes your body to burn fat all night long.

In between these pre-prepared meals, I will cook chicken thighs, or breasts one night, then refrigerate for left overs. A couple thighs or one good sized breast goes well with a few crowns of broccoli. I mix up a jar of Duke's mayo with mustard and lemon juice. 2/3 mayo; 1/3 mustard, and the rest is lemon juice. When it's the consistency of paint is the best imo. I pour that over the broccoli. just lightly enough to cover half the broccoli, or it can overpower it.

Everybody raves about it.

If you don't have a garden, I recommend one of those big bags of ready to eat spinach. I will empty about half a bag into a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and then slice up one of those chicken breasts for a meal. I eat the whole thing in one sitting. Braggs makes some apple cider vinegar that is really good for digestion, especially if you're coming off of a bad diet. Use that as salad dressing. They also have a soy sauce that is excellent, and super healthy, also good on salads. Don't mess around with olive oil unless you're sure it's the real deal. Most are fake, and add canola oil, sunflower oil, etc. They will say "cold pressed", or "first press" but this is fraud, especially when they're from Italy. The best stuff is from Australia or California.

You are probably heating a high caloric, low nutrition diet. The best is a HIGH VOLUME, high nutrition food plan. This gives the body what it needs to energize you. Don't snack between meals. Give the stomach time to rest. This is why you need to eat A LOT. It keeps the stomach full long enough for the nutrition you need to do its work. Don't drink anything while you're eating. Drink a large glass of water half an hour before you eat anything. This isn't to fill you up before you eat, but to help keep yourself hydrated and help with digestion.

I'm never hungry, even if I go on a fast for two weeks. I routinely can get up, and the next thing I know, I've spent the whole day working, and forgot to eat anything all day. I don't really think about it anymore. I eat when my body tells me to.

Here's another thing to try: Start eating breakfast half an hour later than normal until you get to where you're eating breakfast at 10 am. Start eating dinner half an hour earlier until you're eating dinner no later than 5 pm. I eat two meals a day now. The rest is intermittent fasting between dinner and breakfast. This will eventually force your body into a ketogenic mode which will begin to cleanse your system of dead cells. The diet you're on right now is causing dead cells to stick which just leads to disease, joint pain, etc.

Sometimes I just eat one meal in the afternoon, and I actually have to add oil, and grains to my diet to keep my weight from getting too low.

Sweet potatoes are also great with just some Braggs aminos sprayed over them. I like to slice them up before I cook them. This cooks them a lot quicker and they're just like Sweet potato French fries.

Don't cook anything in oil. You can toss a bunch of veggies into a skillet and just add some water. People always ask me for the recipe, and can't believe there's nothing in the skillet other than just a little water.

This may sound complicated, but once you do it a few times, you'll see that it's stupid simple. I have a small skillet that has a steamer that I toss whatever vegetable I want to eat. Then I set a couple of cod or tilapia or salmon fillets into the oven. I used to use some of that kosher salt because you can use all the natural salt you want because it doesn't get into your system like sodium does. Now I rarely use salt at all anymore because my taste buds have adapted to being sugar free. Carrots taste like Kandy Korn. A few slices of watermelon will give me a hangover, and a ripe pineapple tastes like brandy to me.

There's also nothing more simple than grabbing some pears, blueberries, strawberries, or apples and just eating them till you're full.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the simplest rule of thumb is to simply stick to the produce section of the grocery store.

Yeah. I've considered going by this in the past. Just haven't stuck with it yet. But I was going by it for about 3-4 weeks not that long ago.
Convenience is a huge factor. I cook large quantities of food at one time which allows me to get all sorts of big jobs done, and eat responsibly all the time because I can simply take it out of the fridge, and heat it up while I'm taking a shower, taking out the trash, etc. A few minutes later my breakfast, lunch, or dinner is ready. This is a life saver if you're beat from working all day long, and just want to get something quick and easy. I eat my own homemade fast food.

Believe me, I know exactly where you're at right now. The hardest part is just getting some simple recipes copied down, and buying the ingredients. I've got it down to a science.

Here's just a sample of what I do:

Breakfast: Beat a dozen eggs in bowl; then add 1 cup of rolled oats; 1 cup of oat bran; 1/2 cup of nonfat dry milk; one can of crushed pineapple in water (NOT heavy syrup); a tablespoon of cinnamon; mix, pour into corningware dish, and cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with coconut oil Feeds 4, or four meals.

It takes me about five minutes to mix that stuff up and get it into the oven, then I'm out working in the yard for the next 30 minutes. It tastes just like a thick stack of pancakes. The first couple of weeks I added saccharine to the mix. About 10 drops of this stuff that is seriously potent. I weened myself off it in about a month. It's seriously bad stuff, but it's not addictive like sugar.

Here's dinner: 4 of those cheap frozen spinach, or broccoli boxes; a 2 lbs. bag of frozen cod, tilapia, salmon, etc. place in broaster pan, and cook at 400 for 20 minutes, pull out and add 20 beat eggs, a few cans of whatever you got in the fridge or panty. I usually toss in a few cans of mushroom, olives, beans, a jar of pasta sauce, and cook for an hour. I scoop out enough to fill one of those 3" high 6" x 6" corningware bowls, and top with cut up iceberg lettuce that I"ve mixed with a couple spoonsful of Dukes mayo, and Pace chunky salsa. It tastes just like a crunchy Mexican dish. if I run out of the lettuce toping, I just mix in some Duke's mayo and salsa, and eat it cold. That usually lasts a couple weeks.

Right before bed: I open a 1.5 lbs. container of Friendship brand nonfat cottage cheese, and scoop out half to put into an empty Friendship cottage cheese container, then I add half a can of chilled pineapple chunks to each container, mix, and eat right before going to bed.

Friendship is the only brand that I know of that doesn't include whey in their cottage cheese. Whey is sugar. As counterintuitive as it may seem, this delicious concoction jump starts your metabolism, and actually causes your body to burn fat all night long.

In between these pre-prepared meals, I will cook chicken thighs, or breasts one night, then refrigerate for left overs. A couple thighs or one good sized breast goes well with a few crowns of broccoli. I mix up a jar of Duke's mayo with mustard and lemon juice. 2/3 mayo; 1/3 mustard, and the rest is lemon juice. When it's the consistency of paint is the best imo. I pour that over the broccoli. just lightly enough to cover half the broccoli, or it can overpower it.

Everybody raves about it.

If you don't have a garden, I recommend one of those big bags of ready to eat spinach. I will empty about half a bag into a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and then slice up one of those chicken breasts for a meal. I eat the whole thing in one sitting. Braggs makes some apple cider vinegar that is really good for digestion, especially if you're coming off of a bad diet. Use that as salad dressing. They also have a soy sauce that is excellent, and super healthy, also good on salads. Don't mess around with olive oil unless you're sure it's the real deal. Most are fake, and add canola oil, sunflower oil, etc. They will say "cold pressed", or "first press" but this is fraud, especially when they're from Italy. The best stuff is from Australia or California.

You are probably heating a high caloric, low nutrition diet. The best is a HIGH VOLUME, high nutrition food plan. This gives the body what it needs to energize you. Don't snack between meals. Give the stomach time to rest. This is why you need to eat A LOT. It keeps the stomach full long enough for the nutrition you need to do its work. Don't drink anything while you're eating. Drink a large glass of water half an hour before you eat anything. This isn't to fill you up before you eat, but to help keep yourself hydrated and help with digestion.

I'm never hungry, even if I go on a fast for two weeks. I routinely can get up, and the next thing I know, I've spent the whole day working, and forgot to eat anything all day. I don't really think about it anymore. I eat when my body tells me to.

Here's another thing to try: Start eating breakfast half an hour later than normal until you get to where you're eating breakfast at 10 am. Start eating dinner half an hour earlier until you're eating dinner no later than 5 pm. I eat two meals a day now. The rest is intermittent fasting between dinner and breakfast. This will eventually force your body into a ketogenic mode which will begin to cleanse your system of dead cells. The diet you're on right now is causing dead cells to stick which just leads to disease, joint pain, etc.

Sometimes I just eat one meal in the afternoon, and I actually have to add oil, and grains to my diet to keep my weight from getting too low.

Sweet potatoes are also great with just some Braggs aminos sprayed over them. I like to slice them up before I cook them. This cooks them a lot quicker and they're just like Sweet potato French fries.

Don't cook anything in oil. You can toss a bunch of veggies into a skillet and just add some water. People always ask me for the recipe, and can't believe there's nothing in the skillet other than just a little water.

This may sound complicated, but once you do it a few times, you'll see that it's stupid simple. I have a small skillet that has a steamer that I toss whatever vegetable I want to eat. Then I set a couple of cod or tilapia or salmon fillets into the oven. I used to use some of that kosher salt because you can use all the natural salt you want because it doesn't get into your system like sodium does. Now I rarely use salt at all anymore because my taste buds have adapted to being sugar free. Carrots taste like Kandy Korn. A few slices of watermelon will give me a hangover, and a ripe pineapple tastes like brandy to me.

There's also nothing more simple than grabbing some pears, blueberries, strawberries, or apples and just eating them till you're full.

Yeah... you are heavy into it, LoL. I'm nowhere near being able to focus on making those kinds of commitments yet. But it's nice to hear of someone doing so. I think with me what may happen is an increased focus on fasting purely for spiritual reasons that morphs into increasingly habitual dietary patterns that are just all-around healthier, such as your Produce section rule.

I will acknowledge one thing. I've noticed that a number of people - read ministers here - who I know have fasted in their lives have also tended to blow up like a balloon in later years, and it may have much to do with what you were talking about with the body converting things to fat when you go back to eating if your eating habits haven't changed. I plan on doing a lot of fasting between now and when I go on to be with God, and I have no intention of being a blimp. So the writing is on the wall, as they say.

Thanks for the informative post. I appreciate it.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yeah. I've considered going by this in the past. Just haven't stuck with it yet. But I was going by it for about 3-4 weeks not that long ago.

Yeah... you are heavy into it, LoL. I'm nowhere near being able to focus on making those kinds of commitments yet. But it's nice to hear of someone doing so. I think with me what may happen is an increased focus on fasting purely for spiritual reasons that morphs into increasingly habitual dietary patterns that are just all-around healthier, such as your Produce section rule.

I will acknowledge one thing. I've noticed that a number of people - read ministers here - who I know have fasted in their lives have also tended to blow up like a balloon in later years, and it may have much to do with what you were talking about with the body converting things to fat when you go back to eating if your eating habits haven't changed. I plan on doing a lot of fasting between now and when I go on to be with God, and I have no intention of being a blimp. So the writing is on the wall, as they say.

Thanks for the informative post. I appreciate it.

Fasting is not a good idea if you're not eating right. It's a really, really bad idea. It isn't healthy at all. It's not going to draw you closer to God. Remember that Christ says "when you fast, don't go around making a big deal about it" No one knows when I'm fasting. No one can tell the difference except that maybe they're in a better mood, and they will have no clue why.

I never made much of any commitment because I had a bottle of saccharine to help me get over the worst of it, and when your belly is full of healthy nutritious food, you just feel better. Fat stores around your body are a sign that you are overwhelming your liver. It is abusing the liver. This may sound harsh, but it's the truth. Your liver can only process so much sugar before it just automatically converts it into fat.

When you stop eating sugar, after a few days, your body has to start drawing from what is stored as fat. It's just like a hybrid car, and it will burn down the stored fat until it is literally all gone. There are no exceptions. If this isn't happening really fast it is because you're still putting something on your food that has sugar in it. Cut out the oils and toppings as well, and substitute with the good stuff.

Fifty years ago, the average intake of sugar for Americans was right around two and a half pounds. Today it's around one hundred and twenty five pounds. Sugar is recognized as a toxin by the body. It literally shuts down processing what it needs in order to get rid of sugar. Anything over 2 grams per day is excessive, and two grams is nothing for most people.

Sugar is corrosive to the arteries. it causes perforations in the arteries which then causes the body to use cholesterol to repair those perforations. People think that cholesterol is the problem, but it isn't; it's the sugar that is the problem. When the sugar is removed from the diet, the body heals itself. You can eat all the animal fat you please, and it will go right through you because there are no perforations in your arteries.

My cardiologist was dumbfounded that my cholesterol was normal after I stopped eating sugar. I eat at least half a dozen eggs every day. I eat all the beef, and poultry I please, and there's nothing better for you than fat from fish. He wanted to put me on statins and a few other cholesterol medications, but I told him to give me till my next checkup to see if I could get it down on my own. He didn't think it was possible.
I haven't seen any doctors in over four years now. That was after years of getting blood tests that showed everything was normal.

Years ago, I started going to a lot of different churches. One was the 7th Day Adventists. They always have lunch after their services, and while they eat some stuff that I don't eat anymore, when I first started going to their lunches, everything they were serving was way better than what I was eating at the time. They are some of the oldest living people on the planet, but that's not what's as important as the fact that they're some of the healthiest people on the planet as well. It doesn't matter where I go, there are always a big group of them who are very healthy and very sharp regardless of how old they are. I highly recommend going to their services just for the food and wealth of information they can provide,( not to mention moral support). They have great recipes that can help you to transition into a better diet. I shouldn't really call it a diet because it's a better diet. You can eat lots of food, and never feel like you're on a diet ever again.

There's a book out that I would highly recommend you check out. You can probably get a copy at the library. If not, most libraries have a lending program with other libraries so you should be able to get it eventually. It's not a big book. You could probably read it in just an afternoon, but it's got a lot of valuable information that wakes people up to what's really going on. The book is by a doctor named Kay Shepherd. It's called "From the First Bite" You can look her up online, and check out some of her other books as well. Her food plan is what really supercharged my ability to get a long lasting handle on weight control. The weight came off so fast it made my head spin, but the clarity of mind is really amazing. The fog lifted within the first couple of weeks.

I was lucky because there was a Recovery From Food Addiction (RFA) group nearby so I was able to copy recipes from them. Having support from a group of people makes a big difference. That group has since disbanded, but it was there when I needed it. If you're living with other people, it can be difficult to have different menus for everyone. Some of the people in the group I joined told me that when they are invited out to dinner at a restaurant, they will take their own food, and hand it to the wait staff to have them just reheat it for them. She tells them she will pay them to simply heat it up and serve it to her. She's never had a problem from any restaurant she goes to. Her friends and family think it's weird, but then she used to be morbidly obese too so they see how it makes sense. I don't eat in restaurants anymore so it tends to affect my social life. I don't care. My social life was drastically changed when I stopped drinking and doing drugs as well.

I have a few good friends who are in their 70's, but you would never think they were a day over 40. People are starting to say the same thing about me now as well.

Reactions: Helen

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fasting is not a good idea if you're not eating right. It's a really, really bad idea. It isn't healthy at all. It's not going to draw you closer to God. Remember that Christ says "when you fast, don't go around making a big deal about it" No one knows when I'm fasting. No one can tell the difference except that maybe they're in a better mood, and they will have no clue why.

I never made much of any commitment because I had a bottle of saccharine to help me get over the worst of it, and when your belly is full of healthy nutritious food, you just feel better. Fat stores around your body are a sign that you are overwhelming your liver. It is abusing the liver. This may sound harsh, but it's the truth. Your liver can only process so much sugar before it just automatically converts it into fat.

When you stop eating sugar, after a few days, your body has to start drawing from what is stored as fat. It's just like a hybrid car, and it will burn down the stored fat until it is literally all gone. There are no exceptions. If this isn't happening really fast it is because you're still putting something on your food that has sugar in it. Cut out the oils and toppings as well, and substitute with the good stuff.

Fifty years ago, the average intake of sugar for Americans was right around two and a half pounds. Today it's around one hundred and twenty five pounds. Sugar is recognized as a toxin by the body. It literally shuts down processing what it needs in order to get rid of sugar. Anything over 2 grams per day is excessive, and two grams is nothing for most people.

Sugar is corrosive to the arteries. it causes perforations in the arteries which then causes the body to use cholesterol to repair those perforations. People think that cholesterol is the problem, but it isn't; it's the sugar that is the problem. When the sugar is removed from the diet, the body heals itself. You can eat all the animal fat you please, and it will go right through you because there are no perforations in your arteries.

My cardiologist was dumbfounded that my cholesterol was normal after I stopped eating sugar. I eat at least half a dozen eggs every day. I eat all the beef, and poultry I please, and there's nothing better for you than fat from fish. He wanted to put me on statins and a few other cholesterol medications, but I told him to give me till my next checkup to see if I could get it down on my own. He didn't think it was possible.
I haven't seen any doctors in over four years now. That was after years of getting blood tests that showed everything was normal.

Years ago, I started going to a lot of different churches. One was the 7th Day Adventists. They always have lunch after their services, and while they eat some stuff that I don't eat anymore, when I first started going to their lunches, everything they were serving was way better than what I was eating at the time. They are some of the oldest living people on the planet, but that's not what's as important as the fact that they're some of the healthiest people on the planet as well. It doesn't matter where I go, there are always a big group of them who are very healthy and very sharp regardless of how old they are. I highly recommend going to their services just for the food and wealth of information they can provide,( not to mention moral support). They have great recipes that can help you to transition into a better diet. I shouldn't really call it a diet because it's a better diet. You can eat lots of food, and never feel like you're on a diet ever again.

There's a book out that I would highly recommend you check out. You can probably get a copy at the library. If not, most libraries have a lending program with other libraries so you should be able to get it eventually. It's not a big book. You could probably read it in just an afternoon, but it's got a lot of valuable information that wakes people up to what's really going on. The book is by a doctor named Kay Shepherd. It's called "From the First Bite" You can look her up online, and check out some of her other books as well. Her food plan is what really supercharged my ability to get a long lasting handle on weight control. The weight came off so fast it made my head spin, but the clarity of mind is really amazing. The fog lifted within the first couple of weeks.

I was lucky because there was a Recovery From Food Addiction (RFA) group nearby so I was able to copy recipes from them. Having support from a group of people makes a big difference. That group has since disbanded, but it was there when I needed it. If you're living with other people, it can be difficult to have different menus for everyone. Some of the people in the group I joined told me that when they are invited out to dinner at a restaurant, they will take their own food, and hand it to the wait staff to have them just reheat it for them. She tells them she will pay them to simply heat it up and serve it to her. She's never had a problem from any restaurant she goes to. Her friends and family think it's weird, but then she used to be morbidly obese too so they see how it makes sense. I don't eat in restaurants anymore so it tends to affect my social life. I don't care. My social life was drastically changed when I stopped drinking and doing drugs as well.

I have a few good friends who are in their 70's, but you would never think they were a day over 40. People are starting to say the same thing about me now as well.

Thanks again.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Excellent points!!! It's like the churches have squinted at the gnat of LGBTQRST while swallowing the camel of shoving whatever feels good into their food hole.

The verses against gluttony are related to self control for one's own wellbeing so you don't waste money, and in consideration for the poor who are going hungry while you indulge.

If you need proof look at how the world shuns fatties and celebrates gay pride.
Even murderous hatred is a virtue in some circles.

@Hidden In Him
Fasting has spiritual benefits, if you think it doesn't you're using human reasoning. I wouldn't fast to lose weight and seek God at the same time as to possibly offend God.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him
Fasting has spiritual benefits, if you think it doesn't you're using human reasoning. I wouldn't fast to lose weight and seek God at the same time as to possibly offend God.

Shnarkle lays far more stress on the weight loss benefits, and I haven't really redirected the conversation to the spiritual side.
Now, about your last sentence, I see the weight loss during fasting as just a side benefit of the fasting I do for my spiritual life.
If I were fasting to lose weight, I'd never fast in a million years, LoL.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Shnarkle lays far more stress on the weight loss benefits, and I haven't really redirected the conversation to the spiritual side.
Now, about your last sentence, I see the weight loss during fasting as just a side benefit of the fasting I do for my spiritual life.
If I were fasting to lose weight, I'd never fast in a million years, LoL.

I figured you already knew, would be a shame to fast for no good reason. There are much more effective ways to lose weight.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Let's not act like we expect strict biblical adherence in all aspects by our respective churches. Churches continuously exhibit "liberty" in all forms of doctrine and practices. The more conservative hard lined Bible-based congregations have a leg to stand on by rejecting the "alternate lifestyle" in question. But you liberal, health and wealth, faith alone, just believe congregations; stop cherry picking what you choose to enforce. Be consistent or be quiet.

Reactions: Giuliano

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Let's not act like we expect strict biblical adherence in all aspects by our respective churches. Churches continuously exhibit "liberty" in all forms of doctrine and practices. The more conservative hard lined Bible-based congregations have a leg to stand on by rejecting the "alternate lifestyle" in question. But you liberal, health and wealth, faith alone, just believe congregations; stop cherry picking what you choose to enforce. Be consistent or be quiet.
Paul's use of the term "liberty" has nothing to do with freedom of choice. Even among pagan populations, it is well known that the ability to choose to sin is the basest, grossest form of liberty there is. Paul speaks of the liberty we have in Christ as liberty from sin.

Reactions: Helen