homosexuality and ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I make no secret of that, because I do not believe the Bible to be, as you put it, infallible and inerrant. Just a very old set of documents some of which are clearly obsolete. Why do you think I am at all interested, then, in trying to reconcile my own beliefs with those of ancient scribes?

Best wishes, 2RM.

why are you calling yourself a "christian", when all of the Bible could be completely false, as a man-made document?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Uh huh. Because some of it is clearly not false, as I have already pointed out. (Post #66).

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And just who else should decide that for me? And who decides for you?

By the way, if you are going to dismiss my posts as nonsense and rubbish, it might help if you gave your reasons for thinking that. Otherwise I will take them to be gratuitous insults and ignore them accordingly. And so far as I can make out, you still have yet to explain why you think the Bible to be the infallible word of God. Let me get you started. 'I believe the Bible is the infallible word of God because..'

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And just who else should decide that for me? And who decides for you?

By the way, if you are going to dismiss my posts as nonsense and rubbish, it might help if you gave your reasons for thinking that. Otherwise I will take them to be gratuitous insults and ignore them accordingly. And so far as I can make out, you still have yet to explain why you think the Bible to be the infallible word of God. Let me get you started. 'I believe the Bible is the infallible word of God because..'

Best wishes, 2RM.

lets put is this simple way. I believe, that because the Holy Bible, as God's Ultimate Authority, which is so used by millions of Christians around the world, says clearly, that homosexuality is a sin, and that no homosexual will enter heaven. Then you say, I personally don't believe in that, and you don't really care whether it is in the Holy Bible, you don't like it, so you reject it. And your "authority" is YOU, or the wicked, godless world! THAT is the real difference. In which case it is really pointless that you even use the Bible, because it is just another fallible book, like the millions in the world.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the contrary, there are few books that are completely useless. Even novels generally have some wisdom to impart. And it is often those we disagree with most vehemently who have the most important things to say to us. As for my authority being me, well, there is some truth to that. But you have decided, on your own authority, to accept the entire Bible uncritically. So we have reached different conclusions with equivalent authority. The question before us now, then, is how to choose between your position and mine.

For example; the Bible Canon as we have it today was finally compiled at the Synod of Hippo in 393 AD. Are you happy with that, despite the theological and philosophical progress humanity has made in the intervening 1600 years?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think homosexuality is wrong only because God/the bible says it's wrong and I think God made the the male/female anatomy differently for a reason, to show that it's wrong but other than that, I feel sorry for homosexuals to have to deal with something they can't control, it could be a chemical thing, but just like pedophiles can't control what they like, I feel sorry for that too because I think there are nice pedophiles who genuinely are attracted to children or teens but can't have them. I think there are also many nice homosexuals. :( perplexed
(by the way, I'm not homosexual or a pedophile)
What is the right Christian thought?

The issue with sin is not if the person is nice or not no matter what the sin is. It isn't much use discussing sin and saying it is OK as long as you are nice.

I Met one of the nicest young men you could wish to meet. He came forward for prayer at our national conference. Do you know what he said to me? I am a homosexual and I don't want to be. I didn't ask him if he was nice or not. I shared relevant scripture with him and then asked him "Do you want to be set free from homosexuality? He was adamant he did. So I laid hands on him and cast out the spirit of homosexuality. He was delivered of it in that instant. Over the next couple of years, he found a wife, got married, and had a gorgeous blond son. More important than being nice he was desperate.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The question before us now, then, is how to choose between your position and mine

very simple. as a born-again Bible-believing Christian, I very firmly believe that the 66 Books that we have in Bible Versions like the King James, in the Original Autographs, were God-Inspired, so that the Words written by the Writers, are the very Words of God. This makes the Holy Bible, Infallible, Inerrant, Perfect, and the Final Authority on what It says. THIS is my Authority, and this is our BIG difference

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...God-Inspired, so that the Words written by the Writers, are the very Words of God. ...

How could you possibly know this? What is your evidence, and what is your reasoning? And are we simply to jettison the last 1600 years of Christian development?

Best wishes, 2RM.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How could you possibly know this? What is your evidence, and what is your reasoning? And are we simply to jettison the last 1600 years of Christian development?

Best wishes, 2RM.

you have your convictions, I have mine. When I was born-again in Feb 1982, from that very day I have an unshakable faith in the Holy Bible as God's Infallible Word. No book or person or sermon told me this, but the direct conviction by the Holy Spirit. It is a God given assurance in His Word. I have never wavered in this for even a moment in over 40 years, for which I am very thankful to the Good Lord!

God the Holy Spirit confirmed to Bishop Athanasius in 367 AD, the 27 Books that are to be only included in the New Testament Canon, which he listed in his famous Easter Letter. This was then confirmed by the two leading Christian theologians at the time, Jerome and Augustine. As far as I am aware, all the branches of the Christian Church, Protestant, Roman Catholic, the various Orthodox, accept these same 27 Books as the ONLY God Inspired New Testament. For the Old Testament, the have only ever accepted 22 or 24 or the 39 Books (the same number with different divisions), as being the Inspired Old Testament.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you have your convictions, I have mine. When I was born-again in Feb 1982, from that very day I have an unshakable faith in the Holy Bible as God's Infallible Word. No book or person or sermon told me this, but the direct conviction by the Holy Spirit. It is a God given assurance in His Word. I have never wavered in this for even a moment in over 40 years, for which I am very thankful to the Good Lord!

God the Holy Spirit confirmed to Bishop Athanasius in 367 AD, the 27 Books that are to be only included in the New Testament Canon, which he listed in his famous Easter Letter. This was then confirmed by the two leading Christian theologians at the time, Jerome and Augustine. As far as I am aware, all the branches of the Christian Church, Protestant, Roman Catholic, the various Orthodox, accept these same 27 Books as the ONLY God Inspired New Testament. For the Old Testament, the have only ever accepted 22 or 24 or the 39 Books (the same number with different divisions), as being the Inspired Old Testament.

Hmmm. I think most, if not all, Christians have a story to tell about God's interventions in their lives via the Holy Spirit. The thing is, they are all different, and lead us to different conclusions. You, for example, don't seem to like the world very much, or it's human inhabitants. I, on the other hand, am wholly in love with it and them. And I think this is closer to the relationship Jesus told us God desired for us. So, I shall leave you now, for the moment, with that thought, and wish you good things for the future.

Be safe, and stay well. 2RM.

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm. I think most, if not all, Christians have a story to tell about God's interventions in their lives via the Holy Spirit. The thing is, they are all different, and lead us to different conclusions. You, for example, don't seem to like the world very much, or it's human inhabitants. I, on the other hand, am wholly in love with it and them. And I think this is closer to the relationship Jesus told us God desired for us. So, I shall leave you now, for the moment, with that thought, and wish you good things for the future.

Be safe, and stay well. 2RM.

I have a question for you. what do you think will happen to you after you die?

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly don't worry about it. Whatever happens to me will be my just deserts. One thing is for sure, though: I don't, in this life, let anyone bribe me with hopes of heaven, or bully me with threats of hell.

Best wishes, 2RM.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly don't worry about it. Whatever happens to me will be my just deserts. One thing is for sure, though: I don't, in this life, let anyone bribe me with hopes of heaven, or bully me with threats of hell.

Best wishes, 2RM.

so you don't really care that you could end up in eternal punishment? I don't understand your thinking? What do you mean by "bribes" and "threats"? Jesus Who is God, spoke on both heaven and hell, and did indeed warn about the grave dangers of hell.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some Lines with Attitude.

Spare me, please, your moral rant
Your thou shalt not! Your pious cant,
And let me live as I am made
Wild and free and unafraid
Dreading naught of Judgement Day
Pilgrim on another way.
If I'm wrong I'll rot in hell
But rotting there remember well
The span I spent as but a ploy
To spread a sweet, subversive joy
And think my life not such a crime
If others, too, enjoyed my time.

But where I tread, at every turn
Are men of faith, set grim and stern,
Rigid, in their claims to be
So righteous they know more than me,
But cowed beneath their codes and laws
They've lost the plot. The greater cause
Is not constraint by social rules
(Cages built for souls by fools)
But the sharing of an inward light
The love of all that's good and right
And kind, and just, and true, and man
Was made for this, and this God's plan.

Copyright © 2022 2ndRateMind. All rights reserved.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: Lambano

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some Lines with Attitude.

Spare me, please, your moral rant
Your thou shalt not! Your pious cant,
And let me live as I am made
Wild and free and unafraid
Dreading naught of Judgement Day
Pilgrim on another way.
If I'm wrong I'll rot in hell
But rotting there remember well
The span I spent as but a ploy
To spread a sweet, subversive joy
And think my life not such a crime
If others, too, enjoyed my time.

But where I tread, at every turn
Are men of faith, set grim and stern,
Rigid, in their claims to be
So righteous they know more than me,
But cowed beneath their codes and laws
They've lost the plot. The greater cause
Is not constraint by social rules
(Cages built for souls by fools)
But the sharing of an inward light
The love of all that's good and right
And kind, and just, and true, and man
Was made for this, and this God's plan.

Copyright © 2022 2ndRateMind. All rights reserved.

Best wishes, 2RM.

I think that you are seriously deluded!