HOMOSEXUALITY REVISITED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
The Ark in both the flood and in the temple are symbols of God, not a church.
But of course your church believes itself to be God so I understand the mix up
The Church and God are one. The Church is the Body of Christ, and Christ is the Head of the Church. One cannot separate the Head and Body of Christ. They are one. This is why Christ told His Apostles: He who listens to YOU listens to ME. He who rejects YOU rejects ME (Luke 10:16).

Furthermore, when St. Paul persecuted Christians (the Church), Christ appeared to him and asked Paul: "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?" (Acts 9:4). This shows that any persecution on the Church is also a persecution on Christ, who is God.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
You just keep believing your church and it's members as being gods pope big god members little gods.

811 "This is the sole Church of Christ, which in the Creed we profess to be one, holy, catholic and apostolic."256 These four characteristics, inseparably linked with each other,257 indicate essential features of the Church and her mission. The Church does not possess them of herself; it is Christ who, through the Holy Spirit, makes his Church one, holy, catholic, and apostolic, and it is he who calls her to realize each of these qualities.

I just noticed this as well a couple of lines down

What an astonishing mystery! There is one Father of the universe, one Logos of the universe, and also one Holy Spirit, everywhere one and the same; there is also one virgin become mother, and I should like to call her "Church."262

No wonder we read mystery Babylon, how many times is that word used in the catechism? I do know it's many

Your church is linked to Peter and Mary

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Folks, this discussion has gone way off topic.

We are supposed to be discussing a Christian response to homosexuality. Can we get back to that topic?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Mary is the church

829 "But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary":306 in her, the Church is already the "all-holy."

and Peter is the pope

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter."322 Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church."323With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."324

You have to ask yourself WHERE DID JESUS go

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
A debate about the nature of the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with the topic of homosexuality. If you want to debate the former, then why not start a separate discussion thread for that purpose?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Dodo_David said:
A debate about the nature of the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with the topic of homosexuality. If you want to debate the former, then why not start a separate discussion thread for that purpose?
Get a grip David I was replying to an already derailed topic, look back and take you grievance up with who ever derailed it, and quit pointing fingers at those that had nothing to do with it, rather point your finger at the one that did.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
Mary is the church

829 "But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary":306 in her, the Church is already the "all-holy."

and Peter is the pope

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter."322 Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church."323With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."324

You have to ask yourself WHERE DID JESUS go
We don't need to ask. We already know that Jesus is the Head of the Church. :)

Reactions: aspen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree that having sex of someone of the same gender is clearly frowned upon in the Bible.
The wages of " SIN " is death.

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

In all His love

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Selene said:
If you knew, they why continue to ask?? You also can't find the word "Holy Trinity" in the Bible and until you do, you also don't have a leg to stand on.
Its like talking to brick wall. I am asking because you haven't answered my question and the reason you haven't answered it is because you can't.

But I can find the Trinity in the bible. In fact it is as plain as day so I have many legs to stand on as opposed to the idea of venial sin which is not in scripture either in word or deed.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
marksman said:
Its like talking to brick wall. I am asking because you haven't answered my question and the reason you haven't answered it is because you can't.

But I can find the Trinity in the bible. In fact it is as plain as day so I have many legs to stand on as opposed to the idea of venial sin which is not in scripture either in word or deed.
If you can find the word "Trinity" in the Bible as you say, then show it to me. Give me the book, chapter, and verse. And I mean the "word" itself.....and NOT some definition or concept of the word. I want to see the word "TRINITY" in that biblical verse.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Selene said:
If you can find the word "Trinity" in the Bible as you say, then show it to me. Give me the book, chapter, and verse. And I mean the "word" itself.....and NOT some definition or concept of the word. I want to see the word "TRINITY" in that biblical verse.
And I want to see the word "venial" in the bible.

Selene said:
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

And I want to see the word "venial" in any verse in the bible.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
marksman said:
And I want to see the word "venial" in the bible.

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one.

And I want to see the word "venial" in any verse in the bible.

I don't see the word "Trinity" in there. I don't even see the "definition or concept" of the Holy Trinity in that biblical verse. This "three" that you quote from the Bible is not even the "Holy Trinity." Let's be honest here.

1 John 5:7-8 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

What Bible are you using?? Since when has the Holy Trinity ever been defined as "the Spirit, the water, and the blood"??

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
I see that this thread has gone off topic again. I guess that there is nothing left to say about homosexuality.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There was nothing to write about in teh first place, fresh topic sins of teh "church"

In all His Love

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should homosexuality stop a person from being elected to higher office? If so, are you willing to exclude people from higher office for committing other sins?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Dodo_David said:
I see that this thread has gone off topic again. I guess that there is nothing left to say about homosexuality.
I've learned two things about creating a thread. One, you can't control where the thread goes. And two, I should take it as a compliment when my thread runs page after page no matter what's being discussed.

Pax Christi.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
aspen2 said:
Should homosexuality stop a person from being elected to higher office? If so, are you willing to exclude people from higher office for committing other sins?
What higher office are you talking about?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
aspen2 said:
any elected position.

Just found this article in Lapham's quarterly:

http://io9.com/gay-marriage-in-the-year-100-ad-951140108
I don't have a problem with a homosexual being elected President of the United States, Governor of a State, or Congressman. In fact, on my island, we have a gay person elected as a Senator.

As to John Boswell's book, he misinterpret the rite of Adelphopoisis (a practice done mainly in the Eastern Orthodox Church) as same sex marriage when it is actually a rite between kinship of brotherly adoption. See the weblink below written by an Orthodox priest:

http://www.newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=1294-viscuso

Status
Not open for further replies.