Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
We all live a lifestyle of sin because we are human.

[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font]
[font="'Book Antiqua"]No, we don't all. Speak in your own name. You don't have an insight into other people's lives.
[/font]

[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font]
[font="'Book Antiqua"][/font]
You and I struggle with the same sins we have always struggled with. As soon as we repent from the sin in one form, it pops up again in another form. We also consistently fail to see that very sin in ourselves in the most blatant and obvious form. I've used this example before, one of the Christian professors (theologian) I got to know personally, at the small Christian college I attended, struggles with pride. He knows he struggles with pride; he repents of it when it manifests in a manner he can see, but the man is so tickled to be who he is, he oozes pride from every pore. What is so obvious to those around him, completely escapes his awareness.

We are just like him - look at the way people drive, for example (talk about a 'lifestyle' of sin); everyone drives selfishly, expecting others to understand their circumstances for doing so (I am late; blah, blah, blah), while, at the same time, flipping out at everyone else for behaving the same way. Think about it - every time you get mad at another driver for behaving badly, you are really getting mad because you believe he or she has taken something that you deserve - that is pride.

Obviously, there is pride that is sinful, and there is pride that is not sinful. If my pride puts others down it is sinful. I can be proud that I have great children, there is nothing wrong with it. In the bible the proud lifts himself up and says, "Look how great I am!".

Yep. That is why we need Christ.

Jesus is not a magic bullet for pride problem. The proud must repent.

[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font]
What do you think 'of the Devil' means? It means we are acting just like him - thinking of ourselves before others. It doesn't mean that we are demonic or in the Devil's army or that we are predestined for Hell.

One more thing; I usually put quite a bit of time and thought into my responses to your posts. I have noticed that you like to provide one or two sentences and 10 verses. I am sure you are doing this on purpose, with the intention of relying on the Bible rather than your own ideas so I am wondering; should I limit my responses to you to a sentence and a few verses? My fear is that we would simply provide one conflicting verse after another without processing any of the information. Perhaps, this scenario is ideal?

No point to provide a verse unless it is considered in context. It also helps when an exposition is given.

Absolutely! If you have grace you aren't living in sin. That is why grace covers sins and they are not imputed to us. Romans 4:7 and 8.

The person in Romans 4:7-8 is the one who repented and turned to God by living faithfully. His sins are forgiven and not counted.
These verses say nothing about people who did not repent from their sins and falsely claim that they are "under grace".

Even sinners are allowed to live because of God's grace.

The sinner that repents and lives faithfully shall not called a sinner any more, for he is righteous.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is the filthy trash are condemned.

We have militant poofs running around every where nowadays it's also in you face on TV all the time with some sick low life filth poncing around like a moron being a totaly bad example to our children as it tries to destroy and lower every thing to just trashy filth.

As aspen has put forward a scenario of one side and i can agree with that, but the other side is bad and is totally wrong as can be.

The thing is the militant ones and there lot are trying to push young people into accepting their low life devilish position as being just a normal thing and openly encourage them to come and try it all out.

I have nothing against people who are hermaphrodites or have a real mental problem with as such as that is somthing totaly different. but when filth start pushing filth that's when someone has to make a stand and stand up for what is right.

Wow.....I am speechless

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/color][/size][/font]

No, we don't all. Speak in your own name. You don't have an insight into other people's lives.

[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font]
[font="'Book Antiqua"]
[/font]

Obviously, there is pride that is sinful, and there is pride that is not sinful. If my pride puts others down it is sinful. I can be proud that I have great children, there is nothing wrong with it. In the bible the proud lifts himself up and says, "Look how great I am!".

Jesus is not a magic bullet for pride problem. The proud must repent.

[font="'Book Antiqua"]

No point to provide a verse unless it is considered in context. It also helps when an exposition is given.

The person in Romans 4:7-8 is the one who repented and turned to God by living faithfully. His sins are forgiven and not counted.
These verses say nothing about people who did not repent from their sins and falsely claim that they are "under grace".

The sinner that repents and lives faithfully shall not called a sinner any more, for he is righteous.

I am not even sure where to start......um, I disagree

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011

IIRC, certain sins are unforgivable. like being blasphemes against the Holy Ghost.

Luke 12: 10 [sup]"10[/sup]And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven." KJV

Or am i understanding it wrongly? So there might be unforgivable sins... What are they? List?

Is homosexuality on this list perhaps?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is homosexuality on this list perhaps?[/size]

Will you argue the law with the Almighty? Will you seek to find a loophole in His purpose for humanity? Will you seek to derail His plan and His righteousness?

Surely you argue from the bond of iniquity and the depths of rebellion.

One cannot gain a small point against the Most High so as to peform perpetual indulgences of the flesh at all times.

Forgiveness and love come from God ONLY AFTER repentance and a humble attitude have been expressed by the sinner, not before.

As for Christians who accept homosexual behavior and attitudes - they are in danger of a backslidden state and near to destruction themselves.

It is wrong. It is sinful and like all other sins will result in eternal damnation if not repented of; which means to turn away, to deny and to bury for the rest of one's life.

No ifs, no ands, and no tiny acceptance of so much as an atom of it.

THIS is what Jesus meant when He said that one must bear one's cross. If you can't do it, you are not worthy of it.

When did orgasm become preferable to the cross? This is the nature of sin today. Look at it closely and know how far we as a church have fallen.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belantos wrote:

“Are you suggesting that you actually understand these lawsand applying them im the proper way? Iam not going to answer each of them, only to show you by a few examples whereyou go wrong:”

Belantos, are you suggesting that YOU understand them? They are pretty clear cut! You don’t need to be a genius to understandthem! So ok, fine you want to pickthrough the list? Ok. Have at it.

Deut 22:6-7(67 was a typo) - Did you actually read the passage in context?
6 “If you happen to come upon a bird’snest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with youngones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall nottake the mother with the young; 7 you shall certainly let the mother go, butthe young you may take for yourself, in order that it may be well with you andthat you may prolong your days.

It means you are not to destroy nature just because you are hungry. You are tolet the mother live, for she can lay more eggs and produce offspring. If youkill the mother, you kill that "lineage". Doesn't this correspond tothe idea of "harvesting"? What is so hard about it?<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

I agree it means not to destroynature. So if you take a chicken with young,you broke the law. You are guilty ofbreaking the Law.

Deut 22:8- Do you understand what this means? Ancient times the housetops were flat andthey were also utilised for living. Building parapet around it made was vitalfor the sake of safety. What is so hard about this law?<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Do you. Of course I understand ancient architecture. I know why this law was given. Now, can you tell me where God ever ammendedit and said, “Well, if your house has a slanted roof, then it doesn’tapply? NO you can’t. You can’t show me were God ever said this lawwas no longer in effect.

Deut 22:9- The idea of crop rotation is very old. Before the introduction of artificialfertilisers you had to keep changing the seed you sew every time, else the soilbecame exhausted. You don't need to sow the same seed in your entire garden,you can sub-partition it. Do you sow more than one seed in the same area? Iwouldn't. This law is a must. What is hard about it?
<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Yea, I understand crop rotation…. Sowhat? Now that we have pesticides andfertilizers, we don’t have to obey what God said? Like these pesticides and fertilizers arereally better than what God set up.

Deut 22:11- Some of the laws don't make any sense by themselves, but they are givenbecause they carry spiritual meaning. The meaning is "Be straight!",Mean what you say and say what you mean. As Jesus said,

I fully agree that some laws have spirtualmeaning. Nay, I say they all do! But just because they have spiritual meaningdoesn’t give you the right NOT to follow them. This is the Law of God. If youare covered by grace, they don’t apply, but if you claim you have to live byone point of the law, you have to live by it all!

5. Work on the Sabbath

Exodus16:29
See, the LORD has given you the sabbath...

The Sabbath was given to man, not man to the Sabbath. It meant it exists forthe benefit of people. You work for six days and rest on the Sabbath. If youdon't, you quickly burn out.
Besides, the Sabbath was sanctified by God, and even He Himself observed it.According to Jewish commentaries on Genesis, Adam and Eve were spared onlybecause they sinned on the Sabbath, which God sanctified, and the Sabbath(symbolically) made intercession on their behalf.

What is so hard about it? Unless your employer demands it, but then how comeJews are able to observe it, but not you?

I let you work out the rest. If you don't understand them ask the Jews.

It was still in the law. I agree that we as gentiles are not bound by the Law. Welcome to my side of the issue! But if you are going to uphold one point ofthe Law, you are bound by every point of the law. Despite who God gave the law to, it’s still theLaw.

Belontos wrote:

“Repentance means you die to your life ofsin and live in the newness of life. If you continue in sin after yousupposedly "repented", your repentance was not real.”

How do you get by then? Have you repented of ALL of your sins? Oh, you have excused several sins off yourplate by saying well I don’t have a flat house, and I have fertilizer so I don’thave to rotate my crops…. I noticed you didn’t tackle the issue of crawfish,shrimp, polyester and such…. What areyou going to do about them? Claim youare not under the Law (to which I agree) but Homosexuality is? Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

You don’t and can’t repent from all of yoursins. You can go down the list in yourown mind of the sins you committed, but your list is not God’s list. But if you repent the Bible way, you canrepent of all your sins in an instant. Ihave an example of a man in the Bible who did that.

Belontos wrote:

“There are different severity of sins.There is sin unto death and there is sin that is not unto death. Homosexual actis not in the same category with lies.”

I actually agree with you, but there is nodifference between a sinner and a non sinner. A homosexual is not in the same category with liars? Ok, I agree. Liars are worse! I have versesthat say God hates liars (not just the lies the tell, but he hates those whotell lies) and that ALL liars have their place in the lake of fire.

Belontos wrote:

“No, you are not defending grace, but you are pretending it is a license tosin. Grace is not the same as the tolerance of sin.”

Oh, here we goagain! Tell me one sin I havedefended! List one sin I have said wasok! You can’t do it!

Hey Belontos, are you one of those people who think you don’t sin? If I say you do sin and you walk in sin,would you say, “Speak for yourself”? Iam not saying you do. It’s the Biblethat says you do, and thus, it’s God that says you are walking in sin and it’sGod that says you do sin. Are you sobold as to tell God, “Speak for yourself! I don’t sin?”

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
Belantos wrote:
“Are you suggesting that you actually understand these lawsand applying them im the proper way? Iam not going to answer each of them, only to show you by a few examples whereyou go wrong:”

Belantos, are you suggesting that YOU understand them? They are pretty clear cut! You don’t need to be a genius to understandthem! So ok, fine you want to pickthrough the list? Ok. Have at it.

Deut 22:6-7(67 was a typo) - Did you actually read the passage in context?
6 “If you happen to come upon a bird’snest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with youngones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall nottake the mother with the young; 7 you shall certainly let the mother go, butthe young you may take for yourself, in order that it may be well with you andthat you may prolong your days.

It means you are not to destroy nature just because you are hungry. You are tolet the mother live, for she can lay more eggs and produce offspring. If youkill the mother, you kill that "lineage". Doesn't this correspond tothe idea of "harvesting"? What is so hard about it?<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

I agree it means not to destroynature. So if you take a chicken with young,you broke the law. You are guilty ofbreaking the Law.

Next time you check your post to make sure it is clear who wrote what.

The Torah regulated many things, including the above. It covered more than just human relations. So yes, if you did that you broke the law because you violated God's law and harmed His creation. You need to honour His work.

Deut 22:8- Do you understand what this means? Ancient times the housetops were flat andthey were also utilised for living. Building parapet around it made was vitalfor the sake of safety. What is so hard about this law?<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Do you. Of course I understand ancient architecture. I know why this law was given. Now, can you tell me where God ever ammendedit and said, “Well, if your house has a slanted roof, then it doesn’tapply? NO you can’t. You can’t show me were God ever said this lawwas no longer in effect.

OK, so you don't understand the spirit of the law. It is about safety, not whether your roof is slanted or not. Safety is engraved now in our modern laws, so the spirit of this very law is applied, not its letter.

Deut 22:9- The idea of crop rotation is very old. Before the introduction of artificialfertilisers you had to keep changing the seed you sew every time, else the soilbecame exhausted. You don't need to sow the same seed in your entire garden,you can sub-partition it. Do you sow more than one seed in the same area? Iwouldn't. This law is a must. What is hard about it?
<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Yea, I understand crop rotation…. Sowhat? Now that we have pesticides andfertilizers, we don’t have to obey what God said? Like these pesticides and fertilizers arereally better than what God set up.

Sure, because they don't rotate the crop, the food they produce has less and less nutritional value and are filled with chemicals. So there is a consequence for breaking God's law.

Those who obey God don't try to justify breaking His laws.

Deut 22:11- Some of the laws don't make any sense by themselves, but they are givenbecause they carry spiritual meaning. The meaning is "Be straight!",Mean what you say and say what you mean. As Jesus said,

I fully agree that some laws have spirtualmeaning. Nay, I say they all do! But just because they have spiritual meaningdoesn’t give you the right NOT to follow them. This is the Law of God. If youare covered by grace, they don’t apply, but if you claim you have to live byone point of the law, you have to live by it all!

Grace is not an invisibility cloak for criminals, so that the police cannot catch them. Grace is that God reached out to the Gentiles, who up to that time, not having the Torah, lived in darkness. But those that responded to the call were required to live worthy of His call.

5. Work on the Sabbath

Exodus16:29
See, the LORD has given you the sabbath...

The Sabbath was given to man, not man to the Sabbath. It meant it exists forthe benefit of people. You work for six days and rest on the Sabbath. If youdon't, you quickly burn out.
Besides, the Sabbath was sanctified by God, and even He Himself observed it.According to Jewish commentaries on Genesis, Adam and Eve were spared onlybecause they sinned on the Sabbath, which God sanctified, and the Sabbath(symbolically) made intercession on their behalf.

What is so hard about it? Unless your employer demands it, but then how comeJews are able to observe it, but not you?

I let you work out the rest. If you don't understand them ask the Jews.

It was still in the law. I agree that we as gentiles are not bound by the Law. Welcome to my side of the issue! But if you are going to uphold one point ofthe Law, you are bound by every point of the law. Despite who God gave the law to, it’s still theLaw.

[font="'Times New Roman"]
[/font]
Gentile converts were required to observe the laws listed in the Jerusalem Council's ruling plus any additional laws that their local synagogues required, depending on local circumstances. They were not required to convert to Judaism for salvation, but the option was open for them. As you can see from Paul's writings he applies much of the Torah.

Those who chose to convert to Judaism - and Paul strongly argues in Galatians that if they did for the sake of salvation they declared that the cross wasn't sufficient - were obliged to observe the whole Torah. There is nothing wrong with that. The Torah of God is perfect and good. Why do Christians treat it as if it was something bad?

Even though Paul argues that there was no need to convert to Judaism one still knew what sin was from the Torah ("by the Torah is the knowledge of sin"). And since he commanded his converts to observe laws way beyond those the Jerusalem council required, it shows that Gentiles were encouraged to observe as much of the Torah as they could. So Paul could write:

Romans 2:14
For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves

Not coming under the whole Torah does not mean that sins that were declared as "abomination to God" became suddenly righteousness.
[/font]
[font="'Times New Roman"]There are two views regarding the laws listed in the Jerusalem Council's ruling:[/font]
[/font]
[font="'Times New Roman"]1. These laws were derived from Leviticus 17-18 and refer to Gentiles who lived with Jews, so as to enable peaceful co-existence[/font][font="'Times New Roman"].
[/font]
[font="'Times New Roman"]2. These laws are the laws of Noah that Gentiles should have observed since the days of Noah because they fall under the Noahide covenant.
[/font]

Belontos wrote:
“Repentance means you die to your life ofsin and live in the newness of life. If you continue in sin after yousupposedly "repented", your repentance was not real.”

How do you get by then? Have you repented of ALL of your sins? Oh, you have excused several sins off yourplate by saying well I don’t have a flat house, and I have fertilizer so I don’thave to rotate my crops…. I noticed you didn’t tackle the issue of crawfish,shrimp, polyester and such…. What areyou going to do about them? Claim youare not under the Law (to which I agree) but Homosexuality is? Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

You don’t and can’t repent from all of yoursins. You can go down the list in yourown mind of the sins you committed, but your list is not God’s list. But if you repent the Bible way, you canrepent of all your sins in an instant. Ihave an example of a man in the Bible who did that.

Christians confuse sinful thoughts with sin. Sin is the drive and the act. A sinful thought is not yet sin.

So yes, you must repent from all the sins you committed. If you keep on sinning you have not repented. After repentance sin cannot characterise your life. If you keep stealing you have not repented from stealing. If you keep raping women you have not repented from it. If you lie every day you have not repented from it. If you keep committing homosexual act you have not repented from it.

Occasional careless fall is not a pattern.

The life of a sinner is characterised by sin. The life of a righteous is characterised by righteousness. An occasional sinful act he repents from will not make a righteous sinner, and an occasional righteous act will not make a sinner righteous.

Belontos wrote:
“There are different severity of sins.There is sin unto death and there is sin that is not unto death. Homosexual actis not in the same category with lies.”

I actually agree with you, but there is nodifference between a sinner and a non sinner. A homosexual is not in the same category with liars? Ok, I agree. Liars are worse! I have versesthat say God hates liars (not just the lies the tell, but he hates those whotell lies) and that ALL liars have their place in the lake of fire.

It is sad if there is no difference between a sinner and a righteous. It means either that the righteous is really a sinner, or that the sinner is in reality righteous. But then why call the righteous righteous and the sinner sinner?

There are very few sins that are labelled as "abomination to the LORD", don't forget. It means disgusting to God. I would not try to compare it to lies or justify it.

Belontos wrote:
“No, you are not defending grace, but you are pretending it is a license to sin. Grace is not the same as the tolerance of sin.”

Oh, here we goagain! Tell me one sin I havedefended! List one sin I have said wasok! You can’t do it!

Hey Belontos, are you one of those people who think you don’t sin? If I say you do sin and you walk in sin,would you say, “Speak for yourself”? Iam not saying you do. It’s the Biblethat says you do, and thus, it’s God that says you are walking in sin and it’sGod that says you do sin. Are you sobold as to tell God, “Speak for yourself! I don’t sin?”

I am one of those people who think that our walk should be careful, and if we fall we must repent and return to the way of righteousness.

Which bible verse says that not a single person is righteous? Make sure you check the context, ie. always look up the passage quoted from the Tanakh in its context.

The life of the righteous is not characterised by sin, and the life of the sinner is not characterised by righteous deeds.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone who supports homosexual behavior is supporting the work of the Devil.
Under penance the sincere detestation of our sins or with out contrition how can anyone support this sick so called life style pushed so vehemently by the followers of Satan.
The young generation in today's sick society are pushed no even forced to accept these life styles as just the normal activity. and no Christian can support it at all.
It's only when one comes to seek God and truly repents is when a Christian can have any hope of there salvation.
People who support wordily vanity's are a sick and they need a Redeemer or they are lost.
The homosexuals have no devotion to serve God at all as they have always been a pox, as history has proven time and time again. as it's a plan to attempt to destroy all man kind at it's very foundations.
Christian Matrimony is a Sacrament not just some half baked licence.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who supports homosexual behavior is supporting the work of the Devil.
Under penance the sincere detestation of our sins or with out contrition how can anyone support this sick so called life style pushed so vehemently by the followers of Satan.
The young generation in today's sick society are pushed no even forced to accept these life styles as just the normal activity. and no Christian can support it at all.
It's only when one comes to seek God and truly repents is when a Christian can have any hope of there salvation.
People who support wordily vanity's are a sick and they need a Redeemer or they are lost.
The homosexuals have no devotion to serve God at all as they have always been a pox, as history has proven time and time again. as it's a plan to attempt to destroy all man kind at it's very foundations.
Christian Matrimony is a Sacrament not just some half baked licence.

Why are you so full of hate, Rosenberger? The fact is, you are still called to love the sinner, no matter how sickening you believe their sin to be.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
The most profitable thing any Spirit Filled Christian can do is to read the Bible and yet folks that make it a point to never miss a Sunday Service do not surrender their will to God and follow the Holy Spirit. I hate the sin of homosexuality just as much as God does and yet, just as God does, and yet, I do not wish the Homosexual Sub-Culture to spend Eternity in Hell! I, like God, hate the sin but love the Sinner. I don´t even hate the man that, repeatedly, raped me when I was seven. That kind of hate is not of nor is it from God, Mr. Rosenberger! Aspen and I frequently clash on the minor points of Christianity but we stand, hand in hand, unified on the essentials and that is just what he is trying to show you, sir, love is essential! Even when my profession was to kill folks in Vietnam, I was witness to many Christians that fought along side me but did not hate the enemy, the way I did. (I was a lost man then.) If you ever wish to follow God, you eed to read the Bible through, several times, paying close attention to the Book of John and his three letters to the Church.

May God pour out a blessing you cannot contain, just as He has on me!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Why are you so full of hate, Rosenberger? The fact is, you are still called to love the sinner, no matter how sickening you believe their sin to be.

I don't hate people at all aspen.
People who have a real genuine problem is one thing but to push or peddle the hog wash on our children as it is nowadays is the work of the Devil no doubt at all.

I think that the people who just sit back and push a false love like love regardless of what ever is just the same hog wash that any atheist fool can do. but we Christians are above that rot and we hate sin but have a love that is compassionate to sinners genuine struggle but we do not support sin at all.

I am concerned for our young people in particular are being brain washed that anyone that opposes this sin is pushed around and made a mockery of and forcibly slandered and derided as just a homophobic nincompoop. it reminds me of the people who shoved our lord around.

Seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

The fruits of the Spirit are perfections that the Holt Spirit forms in us, the first fruits of eternal glory are charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self control, chastity.

Virtue is a habitual and firm disposition to do good ect.

I don't see my governments or state schools value even virtue highly especially the socialist lot.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hate people at all aspen.
People who have a real genuine problem is one thing but to push or peddle the hog wash on our children as it is nowadays is the work of the Devil no doubt at all.

I think that the people who just sit back and push a false love like love regardless of what ever is just the same hog wash that any atheist fool can do. but we Christians are above that rot and we hate sin but have a love that is compassionate to sinners genuine struggle but we do not support sin at all.

I am concerned for our young people in particular are being brain washed that anyone that opposes this sin is pushed around and made a mockery of and forcibly slandered and derided as just a homophobic nincompoop. it reminds me of the people who shoved our lord around.

Seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.

The fruits of the Spirit are perfections that the Holt Spirit forms in us, the first fruits of eternal glory are charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self control, chastity.

Virtue is a habitual and firm disposition to do good ect.

I don't see my governments or state schools value even virtue highly especially the socialist lot.

I am realizing more and more that the more Jesus and the disciples and apostles tried to explain the simple message of the gospel - love God and your neighbor as yourself - the more we try to make their examples concrete laws. The point is love - that is it! The 'hogwash' you are complaining about is the entire point. Jesus didn't take a sinner's rap sheet into account before He loved them - He just loved. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners - not us. We are called to love, period.

We are simply not capable of knowing how to assess another person's sin because we are all sinners. Jesus told us not to judge because we have no concept of how to actually do it - we were not created to make judgments - in fact, every time we do judge we are eating the forbidden fruit, all over again.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you believe will determine your responses. Was it Aristotle who said "if you tell a lie long enough it becomes the trüth."

Most of the claims of the homosexual movement are based on lies. They have adopted this methodology because they know the truth of what Aristotle said. The idea that you are born homosexual was created to enable them to claim it as a civil rights issue. They said that if we are not born homosexual we cannot make it a civil rights issue. If we can convince people we are born homosexual we can make it a civil rights issue.

This means that even they do not believe they are born homosexual. It is nothing more than a political ploy to get what they want. They have been saying this for long enough now that people actually believe the lie. Even when Graham Willett a Sydney writer, homosexual and editor of one of their magazines said that being born gay is rubbish. "If we admit to that we can't seduce all those good looking straight guys."

Another lie was the clever adoption of the word "gay" to describe their sexual preference. Research has been done that shows that the last thing homosexuals are is "gay." Generally speaking they are very unhappy people but the lie has been believed and now it is the truth.

And of course we have seen copious efforts by homosexuals and their supporters to revise the meaning of the scriptures to the extent that God now makes people homosexual and blesses such. As a result so called "liberal" christianity is argueing their side of the story, one that is built on a lie and claiming that one can be a homosexual and have God's blessing with no need to give up their sin even to the point that fornicating with another guy is no barrier to ordination.

If you believe these sort of things even though they are based on a lie, then it is obvious that you are going to defend their right to continue in sin and expect to be accepted by God.

This situation is untenable as there are examples in the NT where the church was told to dissasociate themselves from people who committed sexual sin. Rebellion makes for very unhappy people. It is the truth that sets people free and letting anyone believe a lie is nothing short of cruelty.

We don't affirm people in their sin of fornication, adultery, murder, stealing, drunk driving etc, neither should we affirm the sin of homosexuality. We should tell them the truth and provide a way for them to renounce it and turn their back on it. To do otherwise is to say that God does not approve of sin except homosexuality.

Reactions: Rach1370

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
I am realizing more and more that the more Jesus and the disciples and apostles tried to explain the simple message of the gospel - love God and your neighbor as yourself - the more we try to make their examples concrete laws. The point is love - that is it! The 'hogwash' you are complaining about is the entire point. Jesus didn't take a sinner's rap sheet into account before He loved them - He just loved. The Holy Spirit convicts sinners - not us. We are called to love, period.

We are simply not capable of knowing how to assess another person's sin because we are all sinners. Jesus told us not to judge because we have no concept of how to actually do it - we were not created to make judgments - in fact, every time we do judge we are eating the forbidden fruit, all over again.

You are mistaken about this "love". Jesus and the first century disciples loved sinners differently, not by tolerating their sins and accepting practising sinners among them, even ordaining them to pastors and elders (!!!), but by calling them to repentance because these sinners were under the wrath of God and needed salvation. The whole of the NT testifies that holiness was expected from those who confessed conversion and sin was not tolerated within the movement.

Just remember what happened to those who pretended that they gave all they had to the apostles...

Modern Christianity loves the sinners by calling them in, reinterpreting the bible to be able to call their sins righteousness and ordaining them as spiritual leaders and teachers. You cannot possibly sink any deeper than that. There is no place in the congregation of God for people who are practising gross sins.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken about this "love". Jesus and the first century disciples loved sinners differently, not by tolerating their sins and accepting practising sinners among them, even ordaining them to pastors and elders (!!!), but by calling them to repentance because these sinners were under the wrath of God and needed salvation. The whole of the NT testifies that holiness was expected from those who confessed conversion and sin was not tolerated within the movement.

Just remember what happened to those who pretended that they gave all they had to the apostles...

Modern Christianity loves the sinners by calling them in, reinterpreting the bible to be able to call their sins righteousness and ordaining them as spiritual leaders and teachers. You cannot possibly sink any deeper than that. There is no place in the congregation of God for people who are practising gross sins.

Sin is sin - I have not condoned it.

What you believe will determine your responses. Was it Aristotle who said "if you tell a lie long enough it becomes the trüth."

Most of the claims of the homosexual movement are based on lies. They have adopted this methodology because they know the truth of what Aristotle said. The idea that you are born homosexual was created to enable them to claim it as a civil rights issue. They said that if we are not born homosexual we cannot make it a civil rights issue. If we can convince people we are born homosexual we can make it a civil rights issue.

This means that even they do not believe they are born homosexual. It is nothing more than a political ploy to get what they want. They have been saying this for long enough now that people actually believe the lie. Even when Graham Willett a Sydney writer, homosexual and editor of one of their magazines said that being born gay is rubbish. "If we admit to that we can't seduce all those good looking straight guys."

Another lie was the clever adoption of the word "gay" to describe their sexual preference. Research has been done that shows that the last thing homosexuals are is "gay." Generally speaking they are very unhappy people but the lie has been believed and now it is the truth.

And of course we have seen copious efforts by homosexuals and their supporters to revise the meaning of the scriptures to the extent that God now makes people homosexual and blesses such. As a result so called "liberal" christianity is argueing their side of the story, one that is built on a lie and claiming that one can be a homosexual and have God's blessing with no need to give up their sin even to the point that fornicating with another guy is no barrier to ordination.

If you believe these sort of things even though they are based on a lie, then it is obvious that you are going to defend their right to continue in sin and expect to be accepted by God.

This situation is untenable as there are examples in the NT where the church was told to dissasociate themselves from people who committed sexual sin. Rebellion makes for very unhappy people. It is the truth that sets people free and letting anyone believe a lie is nothing short of cruelty.

We don't affirm people in their sin of fornication, adultery, murder, stealing, drunk driving etc, neither should we affirm the sin of homosexuality. We should tell them the truth and provide a way for them to renounce it and turn their back on it. To do otherwise is to say that God does not approve of sin except homosexuality.

[font="arial][size="2"]‎"If you tell a lie long and loud enough,people will eventually start to believe it" —Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch.X[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hiltler / Aristotle - close enough, right?[/size][/font]
[font="arial] [/font]

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of those people who think that our walk should be careful, and if we fall we must repent and return to the way of righteousness.

Which bible verse says that not a single person is righteous? Make sure you check the context, ie. always look up the passage quoted from the Tanakh in its context.

The life of the righteous is not characterised by sin, and the life of the sinner is not characterised by righteous deeds.

Start with Romans chapter 3.... Says it several times.

By the way, having sinful thoughts and sinning are both condemned and both equally wrong in God's eyes. Please don't try to justify by yourself a black heart. Also, FYI... The Council at Jerusalem did NOTHING. It didn't have any impact on Paul's ministry.

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
Start with Romans chapter 3.... Says it several times.

By the way, having sinful thoughts and sinning are both condemned and both equally wrong in God's eyes. Please don't try to justify by yourself a black heart. Also, FYI... The Council at Jerusalem did NOTHING. It didn't have any impact on Paul's ministry.

1. There is not a single verse in the entire bible that implies that not a single righteous human being. Please quote the verse of your choice, but first look up the passage in context in the Tanakh from which it is quoted.

2. The Jerusalem council chaired over the issue whether Gentile converts were required to be circumcised for salvation. Their ruling was binding both on Paul and also on his Judaiser brethren.

3. The mind is a battle ground. That is where you need to deal with incoming thoughts. As Jacob says:

1:14 ...each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

The thought itself is not yet sin. The one whose mind is subject to God's righteousness, that is, has God's Torah in the heart, will be able to deal with it on this level. If it becomes a lust and it takes root (ie it becomes an animating force), lush has given birth to sin. When sin is committed, death follows.

Death is not physical death, but life without God, loosing the blessings, misery.

A good example is king David. He saw Bathsheba having bath. At this stage he had the opportunity to deal with lust, however, he allowed lust to take root. Once he sent for Bathsheba, he already sinned because he stepped on the path of adultery. Once he committed adultery (and got Uriah killed), death followed it, from which, even though he later repented, he and his house never truly recovered.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and Steve...

Disobedience to God is sin.

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made Adam and EVE, not Adam and Steve...

Disobedience to God is sin.

This reminds me of something I learned

A question arises as to why God created woman out of Adam’s rib as He did, when He apparently had formed male and female animals individually.

God used part of the male to form the female to show that they were actually the same created being, two halves of a whole.

There fore by supporting and thus encouraging homosexality it keeps these people from being whole and sharing in the kingdom of God

Thats makes any church or Christian who supports the sin of homosexuality as much or more guilty than the sinner himself.

Im sure those in Sodom and Gomorrah used all this same kind of human reasoning I see in the world today look where it got them

belantos

Nov 12, 2010
This reminds me of something I learned

A question arises as to why God created woman out of Adam’s rib as He did, when He apparently had formed male and female animals individually.

God used part of the male to form the female to show that they were actually the same created being, two halves of a whole.

There fore by supporting and thus encouraging homosexality it keeps these people from being whole and sharing in the kingdom of God

Thats makes any church or Christian who supports the sin of homosexuality as much or more guilty than the sinner himself.

Im sure those in Sodom and Gomorrah used all this same kind of human reasoning I see in the world today look where it got them

Yes. Homosexuals are violating God's creation order. God's people should have nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.