Honor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Jesus said in John 5:30-32 “I can of mine own[/SIZE] self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.[SIZE=small]31 [/SIZE]If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.[SIZE=small]32 [/SIZE]There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.”

[SIZE=medium]And again note what Jesus says here in verse 41 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I receive not honor[/SIZE] from men.[SIZE=small]42 [/SIZE]But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.[SIZE=small]43 [/SIZE]I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.[SIZE=small]44 [/SIZE]How can ye believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that cometh from God only?”

[SIZE=medium]These words can be applied to us as well. We should not seek our own[/SIZE] will but the Fathers; just as we should not bear witness of ourselves, and neither should we be worried about being honored by men. But we should seek the honor that only comes from God first and foremost.

[SIZE=medium]Look at all the preachers these days who seek to be honored by the people by telling the people what they want to hear, and not according to the words and will of God. They tell the people what they want to hear because it fills the pews of their churches, and it also fills the bank accounts of these Mega churches, and all these many T.V. evangelists, and it sells lots of books for more $$$$$$$$$. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And guess what? The world receives them because they are of the world. This is why Jesus said “if another shall come in his own[/SIZE] name, him ye will receive.” The Lord never said to cash in on the gospel of Jesus Christ and make merchandise out of the people, but rather freely you have been given, so freely give.

But these seek honor and riches for themselves, and to be honored of men instead of seeking the honor that only comes from God.
[SIZE=medium]And in doing these things they seek to do their[/SIZE] own will, and not that of the Father.

[SIZE=medium]Psalm 49:12[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “Nevertheless man being in honor abideth not: he is like the beast[/SIZE]s that perish.

[SIZE=medium]Psalm 49:20[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Man that is in honor, and understandeth not, is like the beast[/SIZE]s that perish.

[SIZE=medium]This nature[/SIZE] is also of the world, and of the Beast.