Honour thy father and thy mother

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry the problem is me here...I shouldn't have tried to show you what Paul is saying here. Paul speaks of Hagar and Sarah he is not speaking about Mary at all.
I agreed with @GodsGrace post...I could not understand what you were saying when you bring in Mary. Paul was not speaking at all about Mary. He was speaking about Sarah.." the mother of us all, who walk by the Spirit, having birthed Issac the Promised Son...who is a type in scripture of Jesus Christ.. Sarah being a type of the Free NT Church.

Like I say...sorry, I should not have replied.

Bless you. Helen
Sari and Sarah search out the meaning of the names in the Hebrew

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry the problem is me here...I shouldn't have tried to show you what Paul is saying here. Paul speaks of Hagar and Sarah he is not speaking about Mary at all.
I agreed with @GodsGrace post...I could not understand what you were saying when you bring in Mary. Paul was not speaking at all about Mary. He was speaking about Sarah.." the mother of us all, who walk by the Spirit, having birthed Issac the Promised Son...who is a type in scripture of Jesus Christ.. Sarah being a type of the Free NT Church.

Like I say...sorry, I should not have replied.

Bless you. Helen

No, thank you for taking the time to respond. Maybe I am confusing both miraculous births: Sarah in that her womb was dead...and the virgin birth. Maybe I need a break. :) Thanks for trying!

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, you haven't misunderstood and maybe I am confused. Yes, I am confused. Is Mary not the part that bore the flesh part of Jesus? While the Spirit, God. Making Jesus Christ, the Son, God in the flesh. Mary was a flesh vessel, yes. First we are born of flesh. I have an earthly Mother and Father. Then we are born of God. Spirit. Mary can not be a mother of that born of Spirit. The word says: Galatians 4:26
[26] But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
You see, this is why Catholics say that Mary was conceived immaculately. Although it erases some problems, like this one, it does cause others.

All of us have a flesh mother and a spirit Father.
Only Jesus' Father was God Father.
Our father is human and our mother is human and, at some point, the spirit in us MIGHT wake up and begin to know God, who made that spirit and dwells within it. I'd have to agree that Mary cannot be the mother of the spirit of Jesus.
I believe we agree on everything here. If something comes to mind, I'll post again. Mary, flesh, is the mother. The Holy Spirit, spirit is the spirit part of Jesus. He was born of the Spirit, His advantage over us.

Matthew 12:48-50
[48] But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? [49] And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! [50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
I read the below, let me just say that, yes, Jesus is saying that those in the Kingdom of God, here on earth, will be as those in the Kingdom in the New Jerusalem, the New Earth. We will all be one in Jesus, there will be no difference in spirit, although we will know each other as who we were in relationship. But that will NOT be the emotion; the emotion we feel will be the spirit of God. I guess the Holy Spirit and HIS emotions. Our paraclete finally met face to face!

To me, Jesus is saying those that do the will of the Father belong to the family of the Kingdom of God. Isn't He speaking of inheriting many brothers and sisters in Christ? Isn't Jesus stating: these that do the Father's will IS Kin. Yes, loving that of earth less. But also inheriting that of Heaven. Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
Yes. AMEN!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, thank you for taking the time to respond. Maybe I am confusing both miraculous births: Sarah in that her womb was dead...and the virgin birth. Maybe I need a break. :) Thanks for trying!
I don't know if you're Catholic.
But it doesn't matter. Seems like we agree.
I used to be and maybe some of it has not left me??!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I think I should clarify when I refer to "Mother" I am not referring to the female gender but rather: to carry and bring forth life, to deliver, to bare children.

And the Word says this Mother is new Jerusalem, from above.
OK.
Mother, to bring forth life, to raise, to guard, to nourish.
All these things. It does make me think of Mary.
Having been Catholic I do tend to think that way.
Mary is called the Mother of the Church.
Does the Church (capital C) need a mother?
They need to balance out the Father aspect...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"Yes, loving that of earth less. But also inheriting that of Heaven."

i would have said the world there, but i guess the distinction is not apparent any more, not sure when that even happened

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yes, loving that of earth less. But also inheriting that of Heaven."

i would have said the world there, but i guess the distinction is not apparent any more, not sure when that even happened

How do you make a distinction between "earth" and "world".