Hostile

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I joined the forum last week hoping as one does for some interesting discussion & debate with other God loving people. As with all faith groups and any believing community there's always going to be the religious nut case, that see's themselves as the plum line of truth and has taken it upon themselves to straighten everybody out who doesn't agree with them.

Please dont sent me pages of Bible verses to validate your toxic behaviour and religious bigoted beliefs.

As previously said in another post no wonder those who dont know God keep away from the Church. OUCH.

I think Ill give it another week and see how things go, if the same levels of hostility continue from the religious pharisees on the forum, I'll be gone. Dont need to be around toxic people, when there are so many wonderful God loving people out there.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I joined the forum last week hoping as one does for some interesting discussion & debate with other God loving people. As with all faith groups and any believing community there's always going to be the religious nut case, that see's themselves as the plum line of truth and has taken it upon themselves to straighten everybody out who doesn't agree with them.

Please dont sent me pages of Bible verses to validate your toxic behaviour and religious bigoted beliefs.

As previously said in another post no wonder those who dont know God keep away from the Church. OUCH.

I think Ill give it another week and see how things go, if the same levels of hostility continue from the religious pharisees on the forum, I'll be gone. Dont need to be around toxic people, when there are so many wonderful God loving people out there.
The hostility has been yours - you came kicking against the goads, and only spoke on controversial topics, as if meaning to pick fights.

Perhaps you would like to start over.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to agree on the many long lists of scriptures some people use.
As if they are unable to really "speak from the heart" for themselves.
Any fool can quote lists of scripture...I like hearing people beliefs and why they believe what they believe.

I think that list of scriptures in their eyes seem to make up for their ability to hear directly from the Lord. ( I call them second hand christians) the only relationship they seem to have with the Lord is via 'scripture quotes'.
Rather than a live relationship.

But then again...I could be wrong on some counts....maybe.

Reactions: Willie T and pia

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always try and make my post brief...
And I use the bible..... because I tend to mix up things.
And the bible is true, and with my mind, and my age 82.
I come out speaking opposite of what I want to say !

Reactions: Willie T

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes ! It sure is............ I sure would like to be next to my husband waiting for the Rapture....

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Those who don't know God and don't want to know God, need to stay away from the Church. You want to attack the Bible but then your feeling are hurt when the Bible is used against you. You want it your way which is contrary to Christianity. And if you can't have your way, you whine about being persecuted. Poor you.

And just who are these so called 'God loving people' you are looking for? Certainly not Christians. If it is too toxic for you here, then leave. Don't expect everyone to fall for your trying to put them on a guilt trip in that you are looking for God loving people and can't find them here. How pathetic.

You have proven yourself to be a liar and anti-Christian.

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i couldn't like that were it not for the fact that he was given opps to clarify obvious contests of Scripture, and refused, repeatedly
Dont need to be around toxic people, when there are so many wonderful God loving people out there.
ya, maybe you'll get better worship somewhere else huh, best of luck to you.

'Member, what you see is what you get ok
the eye is the lamp

Reactions: pia and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... when there are so many wonderful God loving people out there.
There certainly are, but sometimes God wants us to be among those not so wonderful in order to do His work. Jesus did not come to save the ones who already had the truth, but those who were in the wrong place and needed help. You surely must agree with that.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There certainly are, but sometimes God wants us to be among those not so wonderful in order to do His work. Jesus did not come to save the ones who already had the truth, but those who were in the wrong place and needed help. You surely must agree with that.

If you and I could only fellowship and have a conversation if we agreed with each other, we would have given up our relationship years ago. :D

Even Dave and I don't see everything quite the same...but it makes life interesting and causes us to keep studying the scriptures.

If everyone on this Site agreed with each other , I doubt there would be many posts in a day!! :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you and I could only fellowship and have a conversation if we agreed with each other, we would have given up our relationship years ago. :D

Even Dave and I don't see everything quite the same...but it makes life interesting and causes us to keep studying the scriptures.

If everyone on this Site agreed with each other , I doubt there would be many posts in a day!! :)
Not surprisingly there are many people who don't want to discuss the scriptures and do not want to find more truth [Jesus]. But, likely few like that ever visit this or other Christian forums. They either lie about their Christianity or are ignorant or they walk in a real lukewarmness.

There is a Light ahead of us and we both see it and pursue it even if your present surroundings at times appear to be so different than mine. Our differences in vision often cause conflict. To have peace in the midst of disagreement requires Charity/Love according to God's definition.

Give God the glory!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please dont sent me pages of Bible verses
So you don't want to believe what the Bible says and you don't want to believe those who have heard from the Lord directly......so how are you even here....this is most confusing....do you have a different religion set up for us to hear about ?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
your toxic behaviour and religious bigoted beliefs.
Debate and discussion here is often figerous and as you promote what is seen by most here as a false view or belief you can expect a figerous defence of the truth.

Is that being toxic or bigoted or is promoting a false view arogant?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was considered hostile, bigoted, close-minded and a threat to the religious community of His day...If He were here today, I'm convinced liberal Christians would be hating on Him with the same ferocity.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was considered hostile, bigoted, close-minded and a threat to the religious community of His day...If He were here today, I'm convinced liberal Christians would be hating on Him with the same ferocity.
Jesus could never join a christian forum, as He would have to agree wiith there statements of faith, and for the most part, He couldnt, than if He did post He would be torn apart and called a heretic by most christians. Besides this guy left ages ago, the truth too much to bare.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post. But I would have written it THIS way:

"Jesus was considered RADICAL, and a threat to the religious community of His day...If He were here today, I'm convinced CONSERVATIVE Christians would be hating on Him with the same ferocity."

(EDIT) My wife just read this, and said: "I think you're BOTH right."

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and Helen