House Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Don't pick nits.Gracie,she lived somewhere & a clear sign that as far the Spirit Himself was concerned Ladies could drive the bus as well as men !******<m>***********
Ladies don't drive buses.
You mean women.
And they can't drive a bus as well as a man. It takes physical strength and women don't have that - but they like to think they do.
I'd rather see a man at the wheel. Is that pre-judgemental?
Guess it's OK to say if I'm a woman...right?

Anyways, we were just kidding around back on that post...

Reactions: pastor marty

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ladies don't drive buses.
You mean women.
And they can't drive a bus as well as a man. It takes physical strength and women don't have that - but they like to think they do.
I'd rather see a man at the wheel. Is that pre-judgemental?
Guess it's OK to say if I'm a woman...right?

Anyways, we were just kidding around back on that post...
*****BUSSES got power steering these days & my point was wimmin got s'much rite 2 lead as men (god bein no respecter of lineage or soc. standing) & I also NO yer just "tweakin' me back" I'll bet U critique yer limo-driver @ every stop ! ;) ***********<m>***************

Reactions: Pisteuo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say it was?

Did I say he does?

No. I will not try again. Why should I? To please you? Look Rollo... If you don't understamd my point thats fine. I can either try to explain it to you or we can move on. But no... I am not going to try again just because it doesn't fit your thoughts.

Furthermore, you have totally failed to address thw main point I was getting at. You want to take power away from the Pastor (the leader) and give ot to the people. That is not the way God did things!

A working example: only 2 people ever challenged an apostle: 1. Jesus and 2. Another apostle. And it didn't happen often. Likewise no one challenged Moses successfully. When they did, it didn't go so well, did it?
Well, aren't you a nice Christian.
I'd hate to see you sitting next to me in church.
And where in Scripture is the pastor the leader?
I'd like to see that.

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to see that.
****Looks like ya made 'em angry ! Gr'umps (grown-ups) get like that/keep swinging/ya gotta get a base-hit sometime !*************<m>***************

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
*****BUSSES got power steering these days & my point was wimmin got s'much rite 2 lead as men (god bein no respecter of lineage or soc. standing) & I also NO yer just "tweakin' me back" I'll bet U critique yer limo-driver @ every stop ! ;) ***********<m>***************
No. Marty.
I'm serious.
Women may have "the right" but they can't.
I don't like women preachers and if I were Catholic I'd never confess my sins to one. This is a reason why women won't ever be priests.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You are doing everything you can to avoid admitting that the Church in 1 Cor 11 was a literal place.
ha i'm not even trying. If you want churches to be places, then make them places, F. when you come together as a church is 1Cor11, and you gotta see that the same argument could be made to you anyway right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You want to take power away from the Pastor (the leader) and give ot to the people. That is not the way God did things!
ooh, ya, hate to beat a dead horse here, but that office is def an institution, i agree, but that's because men have instituted it, not God, i'm a pastor, you're a pastor, we're all pastors, wouldn't you like to be a pastor too. That is the way God did things, me to Christ to God.

Not meaning to take any of your "power" away, sorry bro, a "pastor" def assumes some power i guess, but i mean i sure advise against that, no wonder on the church definition thing i guess too

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to see that.
the definition of the word itself says the Pastor is the leader. But if you need more look at Romans 13. THis is talking about the minister of God, which a Pastor is.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha i'm not even trying. If you want churches to be places, then make them places, F. when you come together as a church is 1Cor11, and you gotta see that the same argument could be made to you anyway right
the definition of the word itself says the Pastor is the leader. But if you need more look at Romans 13. THis is talking about the minister of God, which a Pastor is.

1 Cor 11 referred to it as a place. Keep ducking that if you'd like, but it is there.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ooh, ya, hate to beat a dead horse here, but that office is def an institution, i agree, but that's because men have instituted it, not God, i'm a pastor, you're a pastor, we're all pastors, wouldn't you like to be a pastor too. That is the way God did things, me to Christ to God.

Not meaning to take any of your "power" away, sorry bro, a "pastor" def assumes some power i guess, but i mean i sure advise against that, no wonder on the church definition thing i guess too
We are not all pastors. That's not what the Bible teaches.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1 Cor 11 referred to it as a place. Keep ducking that if you'd like, but it is there.
k ty, and you have my permission to keep being blind to the fact that

when you come together as a church

could have been accomplished in a park, or a conference call for that matter
i guess this concept destroys your fiefdom thingy you got goin there, sorry

Reactions: truthquest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are not all pastors. That's not what the Bible teaches.
i'm mildly curious how you got through preacher school without hearing a kingdom of priests.

i do apologize if i have revealed the...um, horns of your dilemma? but wadr that is ezackly what the Book teaches
even if i have met plenty of would-be protestant popes

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
k ty, and you have my permission to keep being blind to the fact that

when you come together as a church

could have been accomplished in a park, or a conference call for that matter
i guess this concept destroys your fiefdom thingy you got goin there, sorry

Sure it could've been in a park, but I seriously doubt it was a conference call. Are you saying it was in a park or that it was a conference call? Prove it! Since it was contrasted with "house" , it is suggested to be an actual building.

1 Cor 11:18
For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding of Romans 13 is not up to par.
Verses 1-7 talk about the duty of the state, the authority of the state, and duties of citizenship.
God appoints all rulers, therefore, they are all servants of God
The words pastor and minister don't even appear in this chapter.
However, ministers in the Bible are servants, not necessarily leaders.
Jon Mark ministered to the needs of the Apostle Paul in Rome.
Pastor is a shepherd and because the worldly church has changed the job description doesn't change the use of the word in Scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sure it could've been in a park, but I seriously doubt it was a conference call. Are you saying it was in a park or that it was a conference call? Prove it! Since it was contrasted with "house" , it is suggested to be an actual building.

1 Cor 11:18
For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
i'd say bam perceive a church as a place when that perception is relevant, and see that the Church is really the souls, whenever that applies more. I don't think perceiving the church as both literal and spiritual is evil. Obv we have political Christianity, and spiritual Christianity, both exist; and while it might be possible for me to suggest that the "two different systems" break down strictly along those lines, in reality i doubt this, i have met plenty of pastors who signed 501c3s, but couldn't care less about the money, and just seek to shepherd their flock conscientiously.

pastor marty

Aug 19, 2017
Battle Creek,Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Marty.
I'm serious.
Women may have "the right" but they can't.
I don't like women preachers and if I were Catholic I'd never confess my sins to one. This is a reason why women won't ever be priests.
***** I always entered the R. booth when there was no priest in the middle 1 & fessed-up 2 GOD;HISSELF..never understood the professional middleman thing. So U can't wrap yer head around Priestess's (that's fine;not trying 2 recruit U;although wasn't that exactly what U were 2 them kids ?) Their link 2 GOD ??****deep breath/think slowly*****<m>******