House Representatives Running Unopposed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mel

Oct 2, 2008
I received my sample ballot earlier this week and noticed that there are no pro-life candidates running in my Congressional District. I can vote for the pro-choice Democratic incumbent, or the pro-choice Libertarian. Four years ago in my district, the Democratic incumbent ran completely unopposed. Apparently that's not as uncommon as I thought.I originally intended to just link something here, but my post limit is still too low. You can find my source by doing a search on "The Green Papers."This year, there are 23 Democrats running unopposed for Congressman/woman. There are 5 Republicans running unopposed for Congressman/woman. If you add in the numbers for those running against no major party candidates (but running against a third party candidate), you get 40 Democrats and 13 Republicans. 53 seats sure seems like a lot. There is also a Democratic Senator who is opposed only by a 29 year old Green Party candidate. The Green Party candidate wouldn't actually be the youngest Senator in history if she is elected, because that honor goes to a guy who violated the Constitution in 1818 at age 28. The Green Party candidate is perfectly legit since she'll be 30 by the day she'd take office.I don't mind it not being required for a candidate to be running against someone. I just selfishly wish I had someone to vote for.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats really ashame Mel thats one of things I find so scary about this Election we are going to have a Democratic lead House and Senate if they gain a big enough majority and then we get a Democratic President there are no checks and balances in the government. Basically the government will be run by Obamba, Harry Reed, And Nancy Peloski. None of who care at all about any Christian Values to say the least.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;60216)
Thats really ashame Mel thats one of things I find so scary about this Election we are going to have a Democratic lead House and Senate if they gain a big enough majority and then we get a Democratic President there are no checks and balances in the government. Basically the government will be run by Obamba, Harry Reed, And Nancy Peloski. None of who care at all about any Christian Values to say the least.
That's why scripture says that only Christ can make things new. (II Corinthians 5:17) It's just a shame that everybody doesn't try God before making a decision...

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(Christina;60216)
Basically the government will be run by Obamba, Harry Reed, And Nancy Peloski. None of who care at all about any Christian Values to say the least.
The success of the Democrats is because of the moral failures of the Republicans, like choosing McCain. God will give us the government we deserve.