How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You posted a passage. And I asked you a question.

As I expected. You could not answer the question so you mock.

My fantasy View? Sin will not be allowed in heaven

Without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness

If you think you’re going to be in heaven without the shedding of blood. You’re the one living in a fantasy world.
No faith in Christ and there will be no remission . Yes indeed my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did not witness this
I’m gonna give you only one verse,

Mark 13:9 KJV
[9] But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

You’re saying the first first century Christian Jews didn’t witness this and that it applies to you?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, Why do you tell people to go to the cross. When you will not?
The mentality of some is that somehow one can go to the cross , attain righteousness
and yet dont have to BELIEVE IN HE who was crucified on the cross .
Would you like to know what that amounts too .
Visualize this .
This is like a man deciding to take a long journey .
So he knows that he will need a horse , a cart and two good wheels .
One comes along and sells him a beauty of a cart with good wheels and a very strong horse .
But the man decides , hey i am a prophet , i know i can make this better .
So he takes the wheel off the cart . HE coaxes the Horse into the cart .
He then ties the reigns to the wheels and straps them on his back and says alas i will pull the cart
and i will show others how to do the same . IT AINT GONNA WORK OUT . The man has not the strength to do so .
This is like ol epi . He knows some info about the cross , maybe some teachings of His
but then he goes to throw in the social gospel and its cross and its version of attaining to rigtheousness .
GUESS what , IT WONT BODE WELL .
This is nothing more than a smooth move of the social gospel to try and preach another route and path to GOD
by which man can attain to on on his own . Look real closely at what He has been saying and implying .
Buddists , muslims and other paths can pick up the cross , they can attain to righteousness in their own religion .
Man , what a lie that one is . As for the lambs , WE STICKING TO THE ONE WHO ALREADY WENT TO THE CROSS
who paid the price of sin and who makes us righteous and BY HIS POWER we can walk righteously .
GIVE THE GLORY TO GOD and not to man i say .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s sickening, hearing Jesus called a liar!
on that we do agree and big time .
JESUS said if ye believe you will not perish but have everlasting life
but he who believes not will be damned .
IT truly is sickening to watch the social all inclusive gospel say otherwise and
to teach folks to attain to their own rightouness by their own power and merits .
I agree its very sad to watch it .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mentality of some is that somehow one can go to the cross , attain righteousness
Visualize this .
One comes along and sells him a beauty of a cart with good wheels and a very strong horse .
He then ties the reigns to the wheels and straps them on his back and says alas i will pull the cart
and i will show others how to do the same . IT AINT GONNA WORK OUT . The man has not the strength to do so .
This is like ol epi . He knows some info about the cross , maybe some teachings of His
but then he goes to throw in the social gospel and its cross and its version of attaining to rigtheousness .
This is nothing more than a smooth move of the social gospel to try and preach another route and path to GOD
by which man can attain to on on his own . Look real closely at what He has been saying and implying .
Buddists , muslims and other paths can pick up the cross , they can attain to righteousness in their own religion .
Man , what a lie that one is . As for the lambs , WE STICKING TO THE ONE WHO ALREADY WENT TO THE CROSS
who paid the price of sin and who makes us righteous and BY HIS POWER we can walk righteously .
According to you Jesus told you to take up your cross and follow him.

What is your cross?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is your cross?
Being crucified with him . dead to sin . alive unto GOD .
But no faith in him and its all vain .
I am crucified with Christ . We are to be dead to sin .
However when the social gospel tries to teach it , IT omits the very one who actually WENT TO THE CROSS
. No faith in Christ and , well its all in vain is all i can say . I think you know what i am about to type next
but just in case you dont , I STAND IN TOTAL OPPOSITON OF the FALSE ALL INCLUSIVE MOVEMENT from hell .
Just saying . ME wont be following pope francis or his men on that journey .
My advice , let us follow Christ . ANd that journey cant start , LEST ONE BELIEVES IN HIM .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being crucified with him . dead to sin . alive unto GOD .
But no faith in him and its all vain .
I am crucified with Christ . We are to be dead to sin .
However when the social gospel tries to teach it , IT omits the very one who actually WENT TO THE CROSS
. No faith in Christ and , well its all in vain is all i can say . I think you know what i am about to type next
but just in case you dont , I STAND IN TOTAL OPPOSITON OF the FALSE ALL INCLUSIVE MOVEMENT from hell .
Just saying . ME wont be following pope francis or his men on that journey .
My advice , let us follow Christ . ANd that journey cant start , LEST ONE BELIEVES IN HIM .
Ok so what is your cross

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so what is your cross
Its the Roman method of crucifixion and suffering signifying the criminals method of death. Its being ready to die for Christ as Jesus promised His disciples they would also suffer, be persecuted and die for His names sake.

hope this helps !!!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m gonna give you only one verse,

Mark 13:9 KJV
[9] But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

You’re saying the first first century Christian Jews didn’t witness this and that it applies to you?
I am going to say this

You said they SAW false Christ’s and many false prophets

I said they did not

You then bring a verse about bring brought before rulers (plural) and kings (plural) to prove me wrong.

Not only did you fail to prove me wrong. You missed th epoint that while yes. They were brought before their rulers and There was only one king in Rome. Not kings.. so this too is speaking not only of their day. But the end of times. When the same thing will happen.

If you can;t back up the things you say, I would suggest just not saying them.. thats twice now you have eithe said something or put a verse up that you could not even show what the verse means. .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to say this

You said they SAW false Christ’s and many false prophets

I said they did not

You then bring a verse about bring brought before rulers (plural) and kings (plural) to prove me wrong.

Not only did you fail to prove me wrong. You missed th epoint that while yes. They were brought before their rulers and There was only one king in Rome. Not kings.. so this too is speaking not only of their day. But the end of times. When the same thing will happen.

If you can;t back up the things you say, I would suggest just not saying them.. thats twice now you have eithe said something or put a verse up that you could not even show what the verse means. .
Correct there were no false christs while Jesus was walking this earth, they all came after His Ascension to heaven. Jesus promised before He Returns at His 2nd Coming that there would be many false christs deceiving many.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is your cross?
Jesus told us when he said it

DENY YOURSELF.

Thats what Jesus did the whole time he was here. He denied self and served the whole time.

Thats what he asks us to do on his behalf. To deny self. If you do not deny self You can not follow him.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct there were no false christs while Jesus was walking this earth, they all came after His Ascension to heaven. Jesus promised before He Returns at His 2nd Coming that there would be many false christs deceiving many.
We have seen them the last century and more and more of them come.. I was reading where there is one jewish false messiah in Israel today. Gathering a following..

Reactions: ChristisGod

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See I disagree. he doesn’t do as many do in saying empty words of “Examine yourself”. Just my opinion but many do it, or throw that out there, well just , “examine yourselves” to deflect. Instead he is giving them an opportunity. Totally different to me. Not deflecting but instead “called to Light”, “called heavenward”, “called upward”, “called out of darkness and into the Light”, “called up Higher”…because they asked for proof of Christ speaking in him, so Christ speaks.

To me it is significant who is calling whom there. That is why I asked you in that passage of “examine yourselves”: which does Christ speak in, and in which does He not? In which does Christ walk, walk in the Light…which does Christ not walk?

They are convince they are the ones doing the calling heavenward. They are saying “Brother, you walk in darkness.” “Reprobate” “as a liar” “as one who corrupts the word of God” …we, full of pride, are here to correct you. they don’t come right out and say all those things, but that is what it amounts to in my opinion.

They are convinced they walk in the Light (sometimes). Yet they call him who is speaking in Paul, walking in Paul; they call Him a liar, corrupt, a reprobate and as one walking in darkness … “a reprobate” sums it up. Does it sound familiar?

Not as many do, instead of deflecting… he says okay since I appear to you as walking in darkness…and you as those walking in the Light (sometimes)then; do what is perfect and right. What does God do to reprobates and the ungrateful? since you walk in the Light, here is your opportunity, your call to come up higher: if you love only those who love you, then what more do you do? To me, that says a lot about God …where God doesn’t only love those who love Him. Nor not only to the grateful.

To be honest it was encouraging and refreshing the other day in responding back to you to see the connection to “as liars yet true” or “as deceivers yet true” or “as poor but making many rich”

2 Corinthians 6:7-11 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

Because to me that is what is happening in “examine yourselves”
It isn’t that Paul is as a liar, poor, having nothing…or that is he saying he IS a reprobate…they are saying he appears unto them as being such.
But in the whole opportunity in “examine yourselves” Paul’s desire, his Hope in Christ (Spirit) speaking in Him as “well-known”, “true” “possessing all things” “making many rich”

You said: “I do not see what you see in Matt 6. He speak so flight in matt 6 is that what you were talking about?”

Since they want proof that Christ speaks in him…since it is Christ (Spirit)who speaks in him…then I just pulled out a few that I’m suggesting I can hear Christ telling them. (Once again, not from earth but this time from heaven.
Matthew 6:12-15 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. [14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15] But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

LOVE with their claiming “Paul you appear to us as a reprobate” Matthew 6:18 That you appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which sees in secret, shall reward thee openly.
“I pray you will see we are NOT reprobate”

(Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit.

Again, (Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit. “Christ in you”
I will need to look into this more. This does not make sense. I will look up a bunch of commentaries I have access to Maybe they can shed some light on what you’re saying. May I ask what church or denomination you attend? Maybe If I see the root of their belief it will help me understand better

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Visualize this .
Blessings in Christ Jesus amigo. "This is like a man......." Now this, I recognize, the source. A brother in Christ indeed!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will need to look into this more. This does not make sense. I will look up a bunch of commentaries I have access to Maybe they can shed some light on what you’re saying. May I ask what church or denomination you attend? Maybe If I see the root of their belief it will help me understand better
I don’t belong to a denomination although I grew up southern baptist. If I were you I’d put away the commentaries for at least a year, if not longer.

Reactions: Episkopos

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t belong to a denomination although I grew up southern baptist. If I were you I’d put away the commentaries for at least a year, if not longer.
Do you go To church at all?

Commentaries are a good source of education we may see things we might not have seen before. As always with everything we need to test with scripture

But when someone comes 2000 years after the church started and says something never said before. I would recommend we run far away.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.